• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G6 monthlies! 2: Stop the car: March 19th Ft. Dr.PP, M2k, Newlyweds, dogy & MORE

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Lol twitch wanting those MMs with all the OoSers BUT IGNORING ME

And I personally think there's enough time for pools, but this is operating under the assumption that people actually play their matches on goddamn time. Honestly, if each set took 10 minutes, with only 5 tourney setups running you could easily play out pools within around 1.5 hours if not less... people just need to stop screwing around and listen >_> Then again, this is smash; since when does anyone actually do things in a responsible organized fashion

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Really hope there are enough setups this time. I'll try to bring a whole set up, unsure of car situation atm

Anyway, unless further noted, TRC is coming to this; and he really wants his DS from Shroomed if SnappleDappleWapple would bring it there for me that'd be incredible. Would be even sweeter if somehow we could get me the new P:M stuff since "operation TRC gets into PM testers" didn't work out right... but it doesn't really matter.

I'll also probably bring Dominion and see if I can't get people to sit down and play at a table with me.

and Sami, I'll lose a dollar to you if you want

Mahone

Smash Champion
Lol twitch wanting those MMs with all the OoSers BUT IGNORING ME

And I personally think there's enough time for pools, but this is operating under the assumption that people actually play their matches on goddamn time. Honestly, if each set took 10 minutes, with only 5 tourney setups running you could easily play out pools within around 1.5 hours if not less... people just need to stop screwing around and listen >_> Then again, this is smash; since when does anyone actually do things in a responsible organized fashion
I feel like this is a HUGE problem with tournaments. The TOs always just accept that people will play friendlies and that people will be 2 hours late, so they run a 8 man bracket in like 6 hours!!!

Just put your foot down and run everything on a schedule, i mean, for a local its not bad, and maybe even better to have a really laid back casual tourney, but if a bunch of oos is coming, i think it should be more organized.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
haha Sami I haven't played YL seriously since the tail end of 2009. In fact I haven't really played Melee seriously since, just for fun. But it's always nice to see you, and chill we must :D

lord karn

Smash Master
Really hope there are enough setups this time. I'll try to bring a whole set up, unsure of car situation atm

Anyway, unless further noted, TRC is coming to this; and he really wants his DS from Shroomed if SnappleDappleWapple would bring it there for me that'd be incredible. Would be even sweeter if somehow we could get me the new P:M stuff since "operation TRC gets into PM testers" didn't work out right... but it doesn't really matter.

I'll also probably bring Dominion and see if I can't get people to sit down and play at a table with me.

and Sami, I'll lose a dollar to you if you want
if dominion is a legit boardgame me and THO would probably be up for it.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I will name names im going to, yay vs lozr took way longer then it should have and yay vs tope (or maybe it was tope vs lozr?) took SOOOO LONG

I was thinking about doing pools at Round 3

But maybe i can do pools at this.

maybe.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
not when you played
meeeee

and neither does doctor

pee peeeeeee

it's just the current falco metagame.

used to be high risk, high reward

now it's low risk, falco's broken

ALSO SNAP WHAT DID WE TALK ABOUT WHEN IT CAME TO MAHONE'S TAG
LOL

low risk low reward is what I still do too much

gotta amp it up

I will name names im going to, yay vs lozr took way longer then it should have and yay vs tope (or maybe it was tope vs lozr?) took SOOOO LONG

I was thinking about doing pools at Round 3

But maybe i can do pools at this.

maybe.
I think there was more to do about it than that

buuuut

this is depending on people showing up on time(NOPE) and us having more room for setups(NOPE) and us wanting to get things done faster(prrrrobly NOT lol) so odds are this will be tough and super stressful if you decide to do pools. I don't agree with it based on what we're working with in terms of space and time constraints but I'll do my best to get my own stuff done and help if you want if you run pools.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
yeah....yay :/

If i were to do pools i would pick like pool captains, people i can trust

Peepee
Druggedfox
Fullmetal
DJrome
Viverette
Sleepy
Dogy
Moo

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Snap can you house me Friday?

SEAGULL TEAMS??

Or Someone else not a**...you guaranteed top 5 with me

ask Snap

ask Malcolm

ask Speed.

was talking about brawl btw

someone play My Pichu in melee though...it goes in.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'm almost level 30 (like 6 more games)...soo ready for ranked!

also I heard you be raging on people who arent doing what they are supposed to be doing...lol I do that alot

at level 6 after i get rod of ages and boots of mobility with annie I roam bro....Roam like a boss.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
this is depending on people showing up on time(NOPE) and us having more room for setups(NOPE) and us wanting to get things done faster(prrrrobly NOT lol) so odds are this will be tough and super stressful if you decide to do pools. I don't agree with it based on what we're working with in terms of space and time constraints but I'll do my best to get my own stuff done and help if you want if you run pools.
This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking when I saw someone mention pools. I'd help but I don't think it's a good idea.

I will quote this post if we run pools and things run super late and people complain, btw.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
I'm almost level 30 (like 6 more games)...soo ready for ranked!

also I heard you be raging on people who arent doing what they are supposed to be doing...lol I do that alot

at level 6 after i get rod of ages and boots of mobility with annie I roam bro....Roam like a boss.
i don't rage at all, who said that? i get frustrated and surprised, but definitely not angry.

why would you get boots of mobility on annie?
that's a terrible 2nd level boots for annie. lol. she doesn't need extra movement in the slightest.
roaming annie is alright i guess but annie primarily needs farm and a level advantage to really do what she should be doing, which is usually why she gets solo top or mid.
it's not a bad idea to roam with annie after you get all your farm (roa or rushed deathcap, depends) but because you should be taking flash and you'll have a stun, there's no reason for extra movement speed when you could have magic pen or merc treads

so u cant go anymore sleepy..didnt know that..is fullmetal going..i need a ride now
i've been posting about it but i forgot you don't have internet.

my bad.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Well see what happened was

I would first start boots 3 pots -> Sorc shoes but then I got MPrunes and after about 25 mins into the game sorc shoes become useless because People always seem to have hella Magic resist by that time....
so then I started going Mana Crystal 2 pots -> catalyst and then boots of mobility then build catalyst into RoA and then build a void staff (Which doesnt mesh with Sorc shoes and I rarely ever sell my items back unless I sell my RoA for a crystal scepter)

I usually finish RoA boots and Voidstaff in about 20 mins because after I get the Boots and Start roaming like a boss I just gank all day (and if the game is going really good I get mejais before void staff.)

also alot of people say boots of mobility are bad and they probably are but it totally scares people when I'm running 447 speed with a stun right at them...LOL

I will probably go back to sorc shoes when I start playing ranked.

SleepyK

Well see what happened was

I would first start boots 3 pots -> Sorc shoes but then I got MPrunes and after about 25 mins into the game sorc shoes become useless because People always seem to have hella Magic resist by that time....
so then I started going Mana Crystal 2 pots -> catalyst and then boots of mobility then build catalyst into RoA and then build a void staff (Which doesnt mesh with Sorc shoes and I rarely ever sell my items back unless I sell my RoA for a crystal scepter)

I usually finish RoA boots and Voidstaff in about 20 mins because after I get the Boots and Start roaming like a boss I just gank all day (and if the game is going really good I get mejais before void staff.)

also alot of people say boots of mobility are bad and they probably are but it totally scares people when I'm running 447 speed with a stun right at them...LOL

I will probably go back to sorc shoes when I start playing ranked.
boots and pots would probably be more important against a character that you would have to dodge things against early on, like a mid ashe or morgana and such. you should start itemizing against the team you're playing against (which is probably pretty hard if no one takes clairvoyance...).
tbh annie doesn't really need extra mana, so starting with a sapphire crystal may not be the best thing. you can start with the ruby crystal for survivability, but that's only if you really want to build into roa.

doran's ring is still a perfectly viable start if you're confident in your laning ability. Annie should get a free kill at level 6 with or without a jungler (or earlier if you can afford to burn that much mana... which is why the doran's ring is good) because she should be in a solo lane. she does fine in a duo lane as well, but it hurts her early game.

sorc shoes don't help if they have MR? really? i thought magic pen helped beat MR.... '-'???

you seem to assume magic or armor reduction stops at zero - it goes into negative, as far as i know. if it doesn't, then the sorc boots will negate their innate MR and the void staff will go through any of the extra they've purchased.

meshes ok imo.

i'd only rush a void staff if they have MR of course. otherwise i'd rush a rabadude's bestcap. i've been fiddling around with deathfire grasp and i kind of like it.

and if they don't have MR, you can always itemize for survivability and get merc treads because annie is a burst char. after you blow your load, if you can survive and run around until you can get your next stun up, that's great.

cooldown boots are actually surprisingly good on annie as well. being able to get stuns up really fast and having tibbers every 40 seconds is really nice.

also i see that yay still only plays vlad.

glhf if they ban him in ranked.

should be good enough by now to easily pick up a champ, but definitely not the best idea to do that in ranked.

when are you going to start playing other champs and learning other roles?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
No No see I'm not saying sorc shoes aren't viable and totally worth it but just for the way I play I just love the mobility I get from Mobile boots to get from lane to lane faster

as far as Sorc shoes and magic resist when people start building high magic resist annie can't burst them for ****. and Sorch shoes and void staff don't mix because sorc shoes are -20 while void is 40% so they take the minus 20 first this making the 40% less signifigant.

but you are right on the building against the other team...I never really change my build up because I don't really know what to build sometimes...like what items mesh and s**t.

as far as starting with no potions (just the health crystal) im not nearly ballsy enough to do that...LOL

and I dont know how to mid lane with annie anymore....I lost that skill at level 15.

SleepyK

No No see I'm not saying sorc shoes aren't viable and totally worth it but just for the way I play I just love the mobility I get from Mobile boots to get from lane to lane faster

as far as Sorc shoes and magic resist when people start building high magic resist annie can't burst them for ****. and Sorch shoes and void staff don't mix because sorc shoes are -20 while void is 40% so they take the minus 20 first this making the 40% less signifigant.

but you are right on the building against the other team...I never really change my build up because I don't really know what to build sometimes...like what items mesh and s**t.

as far as starting with no potions (just the health crystal) im not nearly ballsy enough to do that...LOL

and I dont know how to mid lane with annie anymore....I lost that skill at level 15.
if they have a ton of MR then any MR reduction is fine. 40% is still a lot, even with a base 20 removed. you know what's better than magic pen? MORE MAGIC PEN. where does it say they remove from what order? i'd like to see how that works because i honestly don't know myself.

sounds like you need to lane mid a few times to relearn how to do it and how to lane without recovery items.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Can't team Tk cause I'm teaming with Ct. And Tk is legit in teams.

I keep doing bad in LoL with Yi. Just what do I need to build this guy with?

SleepyK

depends on what you're doing with him.
there's AP yi, which is the lesser of the two main ones, and AD yi.

pretty standard AD/ASPD stuff.

there's also a jungle yi that throws wiggle's wanturn and stuff in there

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
@seagull...you know thats not what you wanna do though...I mean you get a chance to team with the LegendaryFighterKirby27????

@Sleepybaby<3
I saw it in the LoL thread. like 1 million pages back though.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
@seagull...you know thats not what you wanna do though...I mean you get a chance to team with the LegendaryFighterKirby27????

@Sleepybaby<3
I saw it in the LoL thread. like 1 million pages back though.
I would've teamed, but Ct asked me two-three weeks ago.

Caitie wants to do teams. I'm sure she'd team with you.

Top Bottom