• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia | Day 4 starts | Deadline: 1st Feb [11:59pm CET]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Yeah, I was about to try to meta the **** outta the game at one point, lol. Had me paranoid 'cuz I've never been in a game with a Warlock (that I can remember).

I ***** about inactivity because I've lost like 2 games straight at one point where scum literally coasted their way to victory. Easily became the biggest reason why I wanted to quit mafia because there was no fun in competing against mafia AND town.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Thanks Gheb, fun game.

Can we get the scum/dead QT?

Let me oaranois get the best of me, but most of my reads were solid. My play wasn't pretty and random like gheb said, but it wasn't bad at all.

vote: No MVP

Unless you wanna give every town member MVP considering we lynched scum.4 times in a row. :cool:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
There was no outstanding individual player in this game so no MvP will be given. Ryker, Kuz, Omni and Axel all made important contributions to win this game at some points but none of them played convincing all the time. It's simply an example of good team play on the town side.

:059:

Omni

BRoomer
Clearly this.^

But the play of the day was definitely that unvote on Axel. Reaction pictures had me dying.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Inferno - more activity and confidence would help your performances. Don't stretch yourself too thin with how many games you play too. You're not a bad player at all.
I'm definitely gonna stick to one game at a time. Also Xonar scum was a nice confidence boost because I definitely thought I tried to get that (even if Omni in the end was the one to get it going). Also was happy I told Omni and Axel to shut up and not look for a 2nd indy :)

No MVP. This was definitely an overall town win.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Also definitely happy Omni wasn't scum. I agreed with a lot of his thoughts D1 sans his willingness to kill inactives/anti-town. I understand it because I've won a game of mafia with a basically inactive scummate that flew under the radar. Also inactives are a pain.

@Gheb - If Felipe were to get lynched, what would've happened?

#HBC | ѕoup

No QTs? Interesting.

Xonar/Bardull: What made you guys decide to kill me n1?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Great game all. Perfect town games are few and far between so congratz on that.

Always fun to be town and actually work together with you, Ryker.

Omni

BRoomer
Why didn't Bardull RB Felipe and kill Ryker off early on? For WIFOM purposes?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
N0:
- Sworddancer targets Red Ryu

N1:
- Sworddancer targets felipe
- felipe protects Soup
- Chaco investigates Gorf
- Xonar kills Sworddancer
- Bardull blocks Omni

N2:
- Allegory targets Red Ryu
- felipe protects kuzinator
- Ryker investigates Axel
- Bardull kills Red Ryu
- Bardull blocks felipe

N3:
- felipe protects Ryker
- Ryker investigates Omni
- Bardull kills kuziantor
- Bardull blocks Ryker

MVP: Omni, Ryker and Kuzi

Or just one of them. I honestly think it's kind of lame that a MVP isn't being given out because everyone played SO GOOD that no one stood out enough. Like, we don't give MVPs because of bad town play usually, feels weird to not give a MVP for good town play.

Omni

BRoomer
I mean, I thought I played pretty well. Had excellent reads. And kinda' helped saved the day with that unvote redirect to Xonar.

But apparently somewhere along the line being anti-town/inactives was a bad thing? o_O Man, the times have changed.

Omni

BRoomer
I mean, where did me, Ryker, or Kuz fall-off?

Edit: mind u its no biggie. already have gold. just curious

BarDulL

Town Vampire
God damnit, I hate Lagboards with a passion.

Brief recap of what I was going to say before I lost my post:

This game sucked for scum. WL dying early on was pretty bad. Then we hit Sworddancer N2 who turned out to be BP Indy. Sword never claimed hit, and with a presumed Doc protect from Felipe, Soup was "cleared" from N1. I had intended to push a Soup lynch at some point or another, but the Indy never claimed hit on N1. Instead, the Indy tried to pin Felipe as scum by claiming that he roleblocked Felipe. Soupa ended up moving on as clear and I couldn't do anything about it.

"Who actually kills Soupa N1?"

I intentionally pushed Xonar with legitimate scum hunting so that we'd be distanced, but things got weird on D2 when he CC'd against Ryker as neighbors. This was a bad move since we weren't anything like neighbor partners. I started giving Xonar some leniency on D2 because of this, but it never panned out the way it was supposed to.

The way Ryker came into the game with his mason counter claim against Axel's gambit, and the eventual cop claim, was just so scrubby that I ended up thinking Ryker was trying to cover for the real cop as VT, heh. Guess I gave him too much credit.

I killed RR because RR is scary, believe it or not. I don't like ever keeping him around, and he's hard to read. He also hammered Xonar in such a fashion that it would make him pretty much cleared. If he had sat back and watched, there was a good chance that the wagon could have changed to Inferno at the last minute.

I left Felipe alive because he's...well, Felipe, and manuevering around his doc protects or simply roleblocking him wouldn't be hard.

I pushed for Xonar's lynch, but it was just another distancing attempt. I knew it was a risk going as far as I did with it, but it was the only way to keep us both alive in the game. Unfortunately, Xonar got bandwagoned really fast and RR's sudden hammer was pretty painful. It was a good hammer and a bad one.

Upon RR's flip, I knew Ryker was the actual Cop despite the scrubadubness of his claim, and I realized I was pretty ****ed with Axel/Kuz/Felipe/"Soup" being cleared. I didn't have any viable options to go off of except try to lynch Inferno by PoE, killing Ryker, then acted confused as **** and going balls to the wall. 'Course, you guys didn't let me do that.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I don't think anyone did anything phenomenal or fantastic. Town won because of clears and not actual scum hunting >_>; as far as I know, no one pinned me for scum. I have to read my lynch though to see what happened.

For now,

vote: No MvP

Omni

BRoomer
Town won because of clears and not actual scum hunting >_>; as far as I know, no one pinned me for scum. I have to read my lynch though to see what happened.
you're literally the only person i couldn't peg as scum based off scumhunting :glare:

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
=OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That means i cleared Soup based on ntohing. Whaaaaaat.

At least i cleared a town. I dont wanna even imagine if i had cleared scum in that way....

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I mean, where did me, Ryker, or Kuz fall-off?
You played poorly in the beginning.
Kuz didn't have a lot of playtime and didn't do more than necessary.
Ryker took his time before he really started to play as well as he could.

MvP doesn't mean "play goodish during most of the game" - it means ****ing MvP, none of you provided a "MvP performance" in my book. Good play, not MvP play though.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
N0:
- Sworddancer targets Red Ryu

N1:
- Sworddancer targets felipe
- felipe protects Soup
- Chaco investigates Gorf
- Xonar kills Sworddancer
- Bardull blocks Omni

N2:
- Allegory targets Red Ryu
- felipe protects kuzinator
- Ryker investigates Axel
- Bardull kills Red Ryu
- Bardull blocks felipe

N3:
- felipe protects Ryker
- Ryker investigates Omni
- Bardull kills kuziantor
- Bardull blocks Ryker

Am I really still a mislynch to people?

Omni

BRoomer
You played poorly in the beginning.:059:
You mean D1 where I came to the conclusion that Xonar or Axel was scum? o_O

Edit: If I recall, D1 in the beginning, the majority of town had me pegged as obv town.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
you're literally the only person i couldn't peg as scum based off scumhunting :glare:
Yeah, I still don't know why you guys lynched me in the end. Inferno seemed overall more scummy than myself, and my voting for Xonar the way I did should have been a good indicator that I wasn't scum. I don't think it really matters though since it would have eventually come down to myself and Inferno as back to back lynches.

#HBC | ѕoup

- WL Dug his own grave
- Xonar lucked out by RR hammering him
- Acrostic got put in a ****ty position
- It was going to be you or inferno either day

Omni

BRoomer
Kuz pegging that WL push of Xonar/Inferno was good. Literally the only reason why I had Inferno over you.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It wasn't really conclusive though. I'm not even sure if WL knew who scum was. Some Town Traitors simply go into the game sitting around on their thumbs trying to absorb lynches.

@Gheb - That was the plan; I tried to be quiet and not as outright abrasive and outward as possible, heh. You're right that I needed to post more, but Spring semester hit me in the face and I couldn't keep myself super active, so I kinda messed up there.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Yeah, I still don't know why you guys lynched me in the end. Inferno seemed overall more scummy than myself, and my voting for Xonar the way I did should have been a good indicator that I wasn't scum. I don't think it really matters though since it would have eventually come down to myself and Inferno as back to back lynches.
Inferno had redeeming factors. You just sat there and tried to keep your options open. You had absolutely nothing to credit to your name. You'll die for that every time.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Inferno had redeeming factors. You just sat there and tried to keep your options open. You had absolutely nothing to credit to your name. You'll die for that every time.
You need to read the game. Look at Xonar's lynch. That's really all that needs to be said.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Inferno also chalked up me to being scum via PoE. Inferno pretty much did nothing the entire game and sat around with the noob town card.

Top Bottom