• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia | Day 4 starts | Deadline: 1st Feb [11:59pm CET]

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
except Archer's Bane and he asked nicely so

sry to disappoint

im a vanilla townie and i can't do ****

Omni

BRoomer
actually

*insert ******** gambit here that apparently makes me look town and successfully and unnecessarily outs more power roles and come out unscathed*

Omni

BRoomer
thats how we play mafia now 'n days amirite, Axel? lol.

when are we lynching Axel people. Xonar is fine, too. both are great. but me, nah. it's a waste of time.

9 viewing this thread. damn.

Omni

BRoomer
I think Omni and Bardull are scummy of their own merit. I want to keep an eye on RR and you, especially if Omni flips scum. Omni flip will net us scum and a lot of material to work with.

That's currently where my head is at.
the bold, Kuz. discuss.

Omni

BRoomer
this late into the Day. so many inactives. imma just make some harsh stances.

ryker is prolly cop. kuz clear. soupa prolly clear cuz felipe prolly protected soupa.
inferno aint scum
RR could be indy, doubt it. same applies to bardull
super null on sworddancer's slot.
Axel or Xonar need to die

100% sure there's scum amongst those two. leaning moreso towards Xonar because i expect more of Town Zen.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
My current thoughts at the moment, just for reference:

(1) Inferno3044 - Like him, but proceeding caution. I think his early play was townie but his lack of stances bother me. It could be really easy to call him Noobtown, but I don't want to consider that. As mentioned, his early play read townie, and I had that conversation with Axel about it, after I had a huge 180 about him. Sadly, that's the only thing I've seen him consistently do, and anything else is up for grabs. I notice him asking some questions sometimes, and some of them are actually legitimate, I don't think he is trying to force content. Town for now.
(2) Ryker - Unsure what to think about Ryker. Had him as scum; Kuzi's Mason claim with him doesn't mean squat. I think he was playing up his own role for too much, and the marytrdom act he had going regarding his cop claim is sparingly null. Ryker will always be a hard slot to read for me, but I think he has left some sort of tells regarding other players. Null.

(3) Brosuke - Town for now? The only thing I like is his claim and how he is sticking to it, I don't think he is pushing his claim as scum, regarding Ryker either. Everything else, again, is up for grabs.

(4) th3kuzinator - Gorf's slot. Had a town-read on him. Don't think anything has changed. I think Kuzi is gambiting, and I'm going to stick with that. Are Ryker and Kuzi aligned? No, I don't think so, not as a scum faction. That's too risky and simply not worth it, I think one can (possibly) hold scum though, I await to see more from him.

(5) Soupamario - Town as ****.

6. felipe_9595 - Obvious town.

(7) Bardull - Scummy. Pure Gut, but scummy. I want to pressure him again, but kuzi stole my spotlight; he is in my PoE.

(9) Red_Ryu - Townie, indefinitely. Nothing solid about him, just a townie feel all around.

10; Omni - Scum. Very likely. A lot of emphasis on small points regarding his picks that just all-around feels fake. There is lack of actual incentive to scum-hunt just to cherry pick, to quote Brosuke. Will have to think through things again on a town-flip, but he will most likely be the lynch.

(11) Archer's Bane - Swords was townie as **** and I don't think that's going to change, I will wait for more content though.

(12) Axel - Huge gaping hole for me. Felt he was being legitimate with his claim, not going to just instantly call it townie. I don'y advocate his lynch anytime soon though, and once again, I think it really matters what Omni flips, tbh.

PoE:Bardull/Omni/RykerThose are the three I would be fine lynching, and since one is already getting the chopping block, there should be some interesting tells regarding Omni's flip.
C+Ped from my personal thoughts QT, thanks for the idea kuz.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
For clarification, I'm in Sworddancer's slot. I'm not sure if you were aware.

First, there were multiple cases that you state that **** hapened last night, but you refused to give any information with respect to what could have happened i.e. calling out Brosuke on bringing in setup wifom into the game. Getting to the point, I understand that some players may have either 1) confusion with respect to what is going on or 2) a belief that focusing on mechanics is a waste of time/trite. However, I don't understand the intent stating that **** happened on multiple cases without wanting to know what happened.

Second, your obsession with policy lynches on lurker disturbs me. I know Brosuke touched upon this, however some posts like #570 disturb me. Namely, Omni made the assumption that the traitor had potentially no connection with the mafia. Gheb stepped into the game and provided info that the traitor did have information with respect to the mafia. Despite having his information wrong, Omni still remained adamant about his stance on Felipe being scum. If I'm not mistaken, Omni later on today stated that some of his cases were based on connection. I think that if he was looking at any connections to other players, he would have taken time to reconsider his reads given the information that WL had information on his partners.

Third, Omni's #750 makes the comment that "Gheb's mafia is special." No me gusta. I was initially curious what Omni's intent was in his first post by insisting that he was unaware of what was going on in the setup by stating that **** happened. But now he states that Gheb's mafia is special off of a mafia traitor claim and a no kill? I don't find traitors to be particularly odd given that I played in one in Awkward Moments mafia. I also don't think that a NK is surprising given that doctor/role blockers are common roles. The only possibility that this comment would fly with me is if Omni was a PR, which is what I thought he was trying to do with respect to his feigned confusion in the beginning.

Fourth, I really don't know what Omni was doing when he voted for Felipe after Felipe claimed doctor. This goes back into Brosuke's previously mentioned point that Omni is making assumptions that go against the information provided by the moderator. Given the NK and a lack of a hit BP claim, one would naturally assume that Felipe's claim holds weight and would naturally unvote. Omni's decision to blatantly vote for Felipe after Felipe outs with his save is illogical. I don't believe that Omni ever clarified his intent behind the action and it frankly is something that should be explained before we end the day.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Fifth, Omni's reaction to Brosuke calling him out on his statement regarding Chaco's replace out is at face value null. I don't believe that there is a connection case to be seen there. What I do believe is important though is the fact that Omni raises illogical rebutals to his prior statement and stands by them. The alternative approach that Omni could have taken in this call out was to simply address that he made an assumption off hand. Instead Omni pushes that he has Chaco meta and other inside information that led him to this conclusion. I initially thought that Omni may have been talking to Chaco about the game, which is a no no based on the rules Gheb implemented and he was trying to avoid a moderator kill. The alternative which made me focus on Omni throughout my initial read was the fact that his insistence to push out reasons on something he could have just admitted to was a guess seems similar to my play in U'Trick'd mafia in which I made an assumption of Soupa's flavor, called him town, and then stubbornly attempted to abide by it.

Brosuke, what did you get from taking pressure off of Omni that you couldn't get from putting pressure on him? I noted that you wanted to drop pressure from him and was curious what reads you gained in the middle of D2 that are of importance.

Omni

BRoomer
archer's bane: there's so much i could respond to in your previous posts, but it would literally be me repeating myself. and i dont have the energy to repeat the same thing thrice over. im not exactly pumped to be alive since im already discouraged by all the inactivity and meta talk so it's w/e

if u guys want to use the rest of your time worthwhile then focus on who the play will be once i flip town. because that will happen. axel/xonar better die in the near future. luckily, im just VT so being ahead with no town deaths and one mafia down = me gusta. we've got breathing room. you aren't losing anything with my death except perhaps 'omni scumvibes'

but ya. yall better off axel/xonar after im gone. no excuses

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Well if Omni is gonna be the lynch I might as well ask him stuff while I can. You said that you think Axel is more likely to be scum than Xonar. Care to explain? I think Xonar has a more likely chance with the hardcore buddying he's done. Either that or they're neighbors which can still mean one of them is scum.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'll check again to see if I missed anything, but if you could cross reference any of those questions to a previous response then it would be appreciated. If you do, then I would have more time to look into other player slots accordingly as you suggested.

I haven't had time to dig into other slots, but based on what I've seen on first pass through, Inferno is tip toeing this entire game and is getting a pass. His recent comment, like, "Oh you're VT that's really cool" is honestly just a representation of how I've interpreted his entire play this day which is a severe contrast from how he started off D1 with a town read and a scum read in his first post. I particularly jotted down his post in #578 in which he noted that Brosuke v. Omni "... gets us nowhere" and "Your play hasn't settled well with me" which I disagreed with since a) he doesn't provide content himself despite calling out Brosuke and b) makes the most pathetic push on Brosuke that I've ever seen. Note that he is still pushing on Brosuke. I don't even know if he actually called Brosuke scum at any point today.

Note that I'm not making this read without taking into account his meta. I still have the impression that he is scum with the meta factored in, but I will try to give this another pass before today ends. Oh Inferno, I would like to know if you came up with those RVS questions and what immediate reads you got from asking them.

Omni

BRoomer
Well if Omni is gonna be the lynch I might as well ask him stuff while I can. You said that you think Axel is more likely to be scum than Xonar. Care to explain? I think Xonar has a more likely chance with the hardcore buddying he's done. Either that or they're neighbors which can still mean one of them is scum.
well, pretty much this.

xonar is really good at masking his scumhunting but i found his pushes to be empty and/or meta heavy. especially on me. and his easy buddying with Axel screams obvious neighbors but why the hell would u want to make it obvious if you're town. he has, however, appeared to be more townie during more moments than most compared to Axel

Axel, for me, has been steadily scummy. just very steady. the sudden twist and turn of views out of no where D1 toward me when J became Axel was weird and unnatural. the gambit was way out of line of what town Zen would do (simply scumhunt and make connections).

both have been naturally tunneling me with scumvision goggles from the get go. RR as cleverly been saying he's not ok with me dying, but then being ok using the extremely old point that WL was buddying me. oh gee, who wasn't 'buddying' me early game, lol. but yea, keep an eye on RR. i feel like he should be playing a much stronger town game.

i have nothing on brodancer/newslotguy. seemed agreeable. seemingly active and inactive at times.

and ffs someone kill Felipe. most useless slot i have ever seen in my career of mafia.

Omni

BRoomer
The funny thing is you're obsession over Felipe actually outed a PR where as Ryker is fake. btw your meta is no good as we've already been through.
obsession of Felipe outed him? give me a break. he was on the verge of dying due to his inactivity anyway. the guy literally slid throughout the entire day without saying a single statement except "yeah, what that guy said". the fact that u were ok with Felipe's empty slot doing absolutely nothing speaks for itself from what i'd expect from Zen

i was more obsessed over the fact that xonar/you were OK not applying any kind of pressure on him

i dont remember how you play in general, but i do know whenever u were Town it was always obv and always very strong in its core

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I came up with them because I had time and I was bored. The only thing I got was that WL liked Omni (I asked him if I was an arrow who he would point me towards/away and he said away from Omni). Now you can call that scum buddying (I have personally never seen 2 scum buddy each other in game except for WL/Ryker claiming neighbors and getting away with it) so I'm not sure what to get from it. I could've gotten more if Gorf didn't wanna **** that up. Also I would be trying to move forward but every time I try to do so, some left turn happens which messes up what I'm trying to do. Add in some strong people replacing in and what am I supposed to do?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
This sounds really grimy.
:glare:
Except it's the same thing Ryker pulled on you in UTrick'd. Just saying. Made me realize that you can also just run the clock to get a lynch that you want. So yeah, enlighten me.

kuz clear. soupa prolly clear cuz felipe prolly protected soupa.
Kuz clear? Please do tell me more. Soupa could be clear. Don't care regardless, it's a town read for me.

Brosuke, what did you get from taking pressure off of Omni that you couldn't get from putting pressure on him? I noted that you wanted to drop pressure from him and was curious what reads you gained in the middle of D2 that are of importance.
This... sentence confuses me. You're asking why I dropped pressure? The only point where I remember stating that was when I came to the conclusion that my pressure wasn't working, as I didn't get any feedback about it from the town at all. The answers I got were always extremely convenient and were actually the main point I refer to when talking about Omni being non-committal.

Besides, with Axel and me having similar thoughts, Felipe following us and Kuz being on there, a claim and thus more discussion around Omni were going to be coming up soon regardless.

I did not gain from keeping pressure on, as I did not feel like my pressure was getting through to him. You can't pressure someone who kept all roads open regardless, and, seeing as I made that point already, dropping my form of pressure to give that stage to others was the most profitable course of action.

I think Xonar has a more likely chance with the hardcore buddying he's done.
Once again, feel free to enlighten me.

I can sort of see Inferno being scum, but he is far from a top pick for me. I did realize after reading Acro's post (up there) that he has been hardcore tunneling me, without actually doing anything. I was the easy target since my first post after all. Inferno deserves a reread to refresh my mind, because of his activity I have honestly forgotten most of his posts.

haven't read the more recent stuff. will be back later.

Omni

BRoomer
The funny thing is you're obsession over Felipe actually outed a PR where as Ryker is fake. btw your meta is no good as we've already been through.
also wtf, im requoting this. clearly you knew your gambit would out an investigative role. the fact that Ryker is trying to say his mason/cop or w/e is a fake to create doubt has no barring on the fact that such a gambit would clearly force a CC

how can u even try to make this point knowing that? jesus christ.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I have a few things I want to comment on though. Hold thoughts. And Omni, don't you dare doing that multiquote respond thing again IF you're going to respond. Make it concrete or I'll ignore it.

Omni

BRoomer
Kuz clear? Please do tell me more. Soupa could be clear. Don't care regardless, it's a town read for me.
kuz = gorf.

ryker scum would not jump up to the defense of gorf scum. not the way he did.
ryker town would jump up to the defense of gorf town for the sake of calling Axel's bluff. which he did.

basically there's no real reason for ryker to chime in on Axel's gambit as scum at all. none. gorf was a dying slot whether he didn't call his bluff or not simply cuz he wasn't posting anymore and we were all about to just lynch the **** outta him. so ya Ryker jumping in to call Axel's bluff makes me believe Ryker is town. it also makes me believe that Ryker has legit **** on Gorf/Kuz to be town

i.e. the reason for the clear and and another reason to kill Axel

Omni

BRoomer
I have a few things I want to comment on though. Hold thoughts. And Omni, don't you dare doing that multiquote respond thing again IF you're going to respond. Make it concrete or I'll ignore it.
dont bother. ill respond however way i please whether you think a method is concrete or not. if we're coming up with arbitrary reasons to disregard someone's post then consider this a pre-emptive disregard to whatever you plan on disregarding in the future

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I just don't know what to think of you Xonar. You definitely had some reasons on the Omni lynch I thought were solid and seemed townie. But there are some things I don't like. Yeah Ryker used that same strategy to lynch me in Utrick'd, but remember what I flipped? I'll give you that point though. It's legit and effective. Openly saying it didn't settle well with me. Honestly you've just been on and off with me. Some things I like. Some things I don't. I'm really confused onto what alignment you are.

With you and Axel, something about you both being town doesn't sit with me well. And to me you've shown more buddying/dependency on him than he has on you. But maybe I'm just not coming to the right conclusions. Maybe you are both town. I don't know yet

Omni

BRoomer
yo inferno ur going to have to make some actual decisions rather than sit in the middle

the information u have is what u got. alot of this day has been disorderly yea but no johns. decide. cuz sitting on the fence does nothing for no one and your play this entire day has been very passive, uneventful, and soft.

Omni

BRoomer
mind you even tho your play has looked like that it comes off as townish which is good in its own right, but now that ur perceived as more townie than most your opinion needs to hold more weight

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch

Omni |
Axel, felipe, Brosuke, th3kuzinator​
|
4 / 6​

Axel |
Ryker, Omni​
|
2 / 6​

th3kuzinator |
Red Ryu​
|
1 / 6​
---​

Not voting: Inferno, Soupamario, Bardull, Archer's Bane;

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
kuz = gorf.

ryker scum would not jump up to the defense of gorf scum. not the way he did.
ryker town would jump up to the defense of gorf town for the sake of calling Axel's bluff. which he did.

basically there's no real reason for ryker to chime in on Axel's gambit as scum at all. none. gorf was a dying slot whether he didn't call his bluff or not simply cuz he wasn't posting anymore and we were all about to just lynch the **** outta him. so ya Ryker jumping in to call Axel's bluff makes me believe Ryker is town. it also makes me believe that Ryker has legit **** on Gorf/Kuz to be town

i.e. the reason for the clear and and another reason to kill Axel
Alright, legit logic there. I'll run through some situations later tonight.

Yeah Ryker used that same strategy to lynch me in Utrick'd, but remember what I flipped?
The one being attacked is irrelevant, it's that you're pinning me as scum for using it, while in that game, Ryker flipped town, remember? I'm not saying you should use Ryker's meta on me, I'm saying that getting the lynch you want in that way is not scummy.

Openly saying it didn't settle well with me. Honestly you've just been on and off with me. Some things I like. Some things I don't. I'm really confused onto what alignment you are.
So your scum read on me is based on the fact that you don't like me?

With you and Axel, something about you both being town doesn't sit with me well. And to me you've shown more buddying/dependency on him than he has on you. But maybe I'm just not coming to the right conclusions. Maybe you are both town. I don't know yet
Noted.

Omni, any questions for me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
both have been naturally tunneling me with scumvision goggles from the get go.
Because we both found you scummy and really wanted to get you lynched, yet had no uninterrupted, good opportunity to do so thus far. It's been frustrating for me, you know? Especially when my case was so rudely interrupted.

There're more things I wanted to initially comment on but they are regarding Axel so I'll leave him be.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'm not even gonna argue these points because I really can't and you're right on most of them. I honestly just don't know where to go and I need to think. If an Omni lynch will yield the most information and we don't have another option, then I guess that's the option. On the other hand there's still time to move the lynch but I don't know who it could be. I need to think more.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Alright Inferno, some things to mill;

Where would you send town to look right now? What is most profitable? What has connections etc?

Where would you look upon an Omni scum flip? town flip?

Get some concrete things. I want a read on you that's solid.

Omni

BRoomer
no questions, Xonar.
one or both of you and Axel are scum. most likely the former.
so blind faith and trust in each other irks the **** outta me.
if one of u were town you would not be dumb enough to trust the other even if u guys were neighbors or masons.
scum is der. scum is der.
more importantly scum ain't here.
who would my partner be anyway? only person I can see would be... Bardull or Brodancer. but omniscum would have definitely created strong d/c's against his scum partner.
i.e. if I was scum my partners would more likely to be Xonar and Axel and RR, lol

:phone:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The fact that you exclude trust being based in a similar readset and mindset strikes me as off.

What strikes me even more is your self-meta. Scummy.

Omni

BRoomer
Lol. Yes. My self meta would make me scummy, but who cares? It ain't the reason why any of you are voting me now. And if you're inclined to buy into it then you're accepting the notion that you are a strong potential scum mate.

This is one of those posts you make that are just empty, baseless pushes that don't do anything.

:phone:

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There is not much to ask you with it. It's not a push, it's more like kicking you down in the grave. It's to show everyone it's scummy. I can't push you with it besides pointing it out. What do you want me to ask? "why do you use self meta?"

No. I simply point out another scummy point, to show everyone what you're doing, even the less sharp players among us.

Top Bottom