• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S Mafia | Day 4 starts | Deadline: 1st Feb [11:59pm CET]

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I endorse pressure on Omni/Gorf/Bardull, RR, KeviM. In that order. KeviM last because I wanna see him do his thing first.
Might as well put my vote to use
Vote: Gorf

My Town crew stays out of shot for me. You're part of the Xonar Alliance whether you like it or not. One sided or two sided, doesn't matter.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Mafia is a game of WIFOM when you look for connections. It's when you look for consistency and patterns of intent you see the truth of their intent.

He mentioned those people in context, anyone who was "inactive" doesn't give me anything really.

~

Here is what I think though, Inferno is probably town. Washed didn't make any really connections with him and was "Ok to lynch." That looks like he was fishing to hop on a ML over a bus.

Brosuke, I'm more likely to side with him being appealed to but it's not definitive for me.

Omni budding really bothers me, it came out of nowhere and Soup jumped on for reasons he never explained either.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
no pressure on the vote without a strong explanation. maybe u said it somewhere else? but do you mind reilliterating why you find Gorf to be scummy

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
RR, are you taking those "connections" any one way or another? You just pointed out his interactions, but you haven't interpreted them yet, which is kinda what you were making yourself out to do.

Vote: Felipe

I want to look at Felipe again, but from memory he reed newb scum to me with his careful play.

@Xonar: What was the meta that you're talking about? Care to explain it to me? Cus I;m actually using meta on him myself to negate some of his posts that did come off townie to me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
RR, are you taking those "connections" any one way or another? You just pointed out his interactions, but you haven't interpreted them yet, which is kinda what you were making yourself out to do.

I want to look at Felipe again, but from memory he reed newb scum to me with his careful play.

@Xonar: What was the meta that you're talking about? Care to explain it to me? Cus I;m actually using meta on him myself to negate some of his posts that did come off townie to me.
I'm working on this by reading them atm, Inferno is the only certain one atm.

#HBC | Dancer

Mafia is a game of WIFOM when you look for connections. It's when you look for consistency and patterns of intent you see the truth of their intent.

He mentioned those people in context, anyone who was "inactive" doesn't give me anything really.

~

Here is what I think though, Inferno is probably town. Washed didn't make any really connections with him and was "Ok to lynch." That looks like he was fishing to hop on a ML over a bus.

Brosuke, I'm more likely to side with him being appealed to but it's not definitive for me.

Omni budding really bothers me, it came out of nowhere and Soup jumped on for reasons he never explained either.
K nevermind didn't read the next page before posting.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

You can pretty much literally find in my post what I liked and disliked about Felipe :glare:

Omni

BRoomer
well apparently i was favored to be buddied by the entire early game hence why i was so skeptical of certain people. people who kinda jumped on the "omni is def town" wagon hard was:

WL
Bardull
Inferno
J (from his first post, changed after Zen came into the pic)
Sworddancer (stayed neutral a bit before falling into the Omni is def town position)

but yes buddying me seemed to be the flavor of the Day early game. easy train to ride which makes me believe there's at least one more scum on there trying to get on my good side

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch

felipe_9595 |
Omni, Sworddancer.​
|
2 / 6​

Gorf |
Axel, Brosuke​
|
2 / 6​
---​

Not voting: Inferno, KevinM, Red Ryu, Gorf, felipe_9595, Soupamario, Bardull;

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
no pressure on the vote without a strong explanation. maybe u said it somewhere else? but do you mind reilliterating why you find Gorf to be scummy
Welp, besides early game vibes, I have to say that I agree with Axel to a tee.

Gorf is being way too parroty for my tastes this game. He is continuously just saying what someone else says and hasn't really done much of anything by himself besides his terribad push on Inferno which was an incredibly easy push to make. He continues to be safe in the way he posts when attacking someone and also keeping his options open (big alert for me). Gorf so far has not really closed down any avenue in terms of a lynch candidate and is way too compliant with going on with others opinions and hiding behind that.

His play is just really weird for me if you get what I am talking about. It looks scummy but the thing is I can see a teency bit of town intent in his posts but I am seeing more scum-intent in them so I guess if I had to put percentages on it it'd be 75% = Scum, 25% = Town. If we somehow don't lynch Laundry, I'd like to go the Gord avenue.
I might change my vote once I reread the remaining few people too. For now, I'm satisfied with leaving it at Gorf to help the pressure build up. You can't deny that these points my Axel are legit. I didn't think much of it but it definitely held true when rereading the game multiple times.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
but yes buddying me seemed to be the flavor of the Day early game. easy train to ride which makes me believe there's at least one more scum on there trying to get on my good side
Agreed. Like I said in my J analysis, siding with Omni and finding me scummy was an extremely easy and strong position for scum to take. Definitely one I find disturbing at that.

#HBC | Dancer

Xonar your 575 doesn't mention anything of meta though. If you mentioned it elsewhere then quote it for me, as I've only skimmed toDay thus far.

Omni

BRoomer
uh the only "posting style" that im changing is that sometimes im typing properly and other times im typing like this

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It was basically things I thought were town or scum based on my meta regarding Felipe. What about looking at the posts I outlined and seeing if you agree with me or not? I mean, the meta I have simply tells me that these things are things that townFelipe would do. Not coming from specific games, just overall feel for Felipe's game.

@Omni
Good call. That was a reachy call-out by me, admittedly.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
well apparently i was favored to be buddied by the entire early game hence why i was so skeptical of certain people. people who kinda jumped on the "omni is def town" wagon hard was:

WL
Bardull
Inferno
J (from his first post, changed after Zen came into the pic)
Sworddancer (stayed neutral a bit before falling into the Omni is def town position)

That would leave Bardull and J for me, Swords was more gradual and came it to naturally, Zen changed it which is odd but I'll leave that to the hydra.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
felipe_9595 an KevinM are my liability candidates as well, too low activity for my liking. And off meta, I don't have faith in it changing.

Omni

BRoomer
Actually Omni, why didn't you mention Soup on that list? Seems like he did it just as hard as the others.
forgot about Soup; he's included on that list as well

earlier in the day i mentioned after the reread that i was more weary of Soup if u recall.

Omni

BRoomer
Not necessarily.

I think RR, Inferno, and Gouf are fine. After the reread, I'm slighty more weary (or should I say more aware) of Soupa. Don't trust Axel's slot at the moment. Don't trust Chaco. Don't trust you. Sorta' holding hands with Brodancer. Maybe Bardull, too. But I think I may be too naive to hold hands with them at the moment.

And Felipe needs to die. Vote: Felipe

That's all really.
from earlier toDay

Inferno3044

Smash Master
OoC:
This is GOOD wifom to get into. This is the point where you discern intentions. The more you practice this, the better you'll get at it.
The thing is, things like this is more back-up than the meat of a case. This is the point where "standard" mafia meets "nonstandard" mafia. Nonstandard divulged into the WIFOM and took intentions from certain actions which are likely and can be backed up. Besides that, you have some straight out scummy actions which you caught on to and present.
For example;
Inui voted for Anti, who he didn't pressure at all. This is scummy. [Main scum accusation, outright scummy]
Meanwhile, I saw that he also goes after inactives. These are easy targets for pressure blabla. [essentially WIFOM because it could simply be because he hates inactives]
~~~
Well something that I thought was about him being scum going for an easy ML, but I don't think he would do that now. I would much rather not have Felipe in lylo, but scum would use that to get an easy ML down the road. Now there's always a paranoid option in that he is a lyncher, but that's honestly going super paranoid and there is no proof of this atm.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Don't trust Axel's slot at the moment. Don't trust Chaco. Don't trust you. [...] And Felipe needs to die.
Two inactives out of four scumpicks.

Why no trust for Chaco?
Chaco's slot is most likely town; probably vanilla.
Them inconsistencies your entire play. They're bothering me.

#HBC | Dancer

Well, as always i have problems getting reads, but i dont trust RR. I have played 2 games with him (Higurashi nad Britches and Hoses) . Both games he have done some sort of stupid gambit. Both games he have been mafia. I am not a fan of meta but in my personal experience RR does this as mafia. Dun know if he does this as town too (havent played with town RR yet)
My Main FoS is Brosuke, with RR and Omni being in second place. I think i somewhat agree with his logic about RR being scummy (*Related to RR and Omni* I dont like how Omni applied pressure over RR. After RR said he ****ed it up then he instantly went over a Brosuke bandwagon. I dont know how to take this. He can be easily Town trying to get a read on RR (Althought he didnt get a read at all because he stopped applying pressure in the critical moment) or Scum trying to fix RR mistake. *Reread this inferno, this is a logical explanation to RR and Omni being scummates*) But after his #299 his gameplay went downhill (I think thats the last post that makes sense, along with his #303. I had the same thoughts then). He went mad after that. He started to bash ad insult others player others (#311, #332 or #347 for example), and then this:

Vote:Brosuke

Also, Love Axel #323
I am not lynching chaco. Lynching inactives is dumb as ****. But linch people who came back less than 8 hours ago and have barely have done something is equally ********.
I kinda see it.

Only townie part of first post is him admitting that he has trouble getting reads. Other then that, he simply stated distrust over RR because of a gambit, which is a silly reason to distrust someone on his own.

Second post is the best, just because it shows that he's looking at other players post specifically. I'll admit to that one.

Third one is okay since he's actually fighting against an easy wagon. So I can see that one to.

Nevertheless, I simply can't forgive him from just this. He's been way too coasty and too often when he did post he didn't really go into anything. Again, as said before, reads as safe scum. Avoiding real conflict only until pushed to.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I can definitely see your point of view, but in this crapshoot read, I'm going to be stubborn here. I would prefer if people would just let Felipe do his thing, because he would get exposed if your current accusations are true without pressure regardless, agreed?

I'm cool if we keep mentioning him, but votes and focus on him will do more bad things than good things.

It's simply which side you're picking on noobscum or noobtown. It's hard for me to get reads off of people's reaction to Felipe. That's another good reason to not get at Felipe.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
They are. And you answered the question yourself: Chaco's slot is most likely town; probably vanilla.

I understand that. But what I am telling you is that it is a weak tie due to its foundation. You have to work under the pre-tense that I somehow was able to communicate with a town-aligned Town Traitor. The premises for this being the case in any kind of mafia scenario are extremely slim. That's fine if you want to keep options open, but I am trying to suggest that this one specific option is not very sound.

I touched on this on the first entry. My guess was that Chaco had a boring role, got caught up with work, and essentially didn't feel like catching up. But I also think Chaco is respectful enough to request to be replaced. I know Chaco. And I know Chaco respects Gheb. That's all there is to it.
Not necessarily.

I think RR, Inferno, and Gouf are fine. After the reread, I'm slighty more weary (or should I say more aware) of Soupa. Don't trust Axel's slot at the moment. Don't trust Chaco. Don't trust you. Sorta' holding hands with Brodancer. Maybe Bardull, too. But I think I may be too naive to hold hands with them at the moment.

And Felipe needs to die. Vote: Felipe

That's all really.
Posts in questions for links for myself.

Seems off here with the sudden change and the meta he brought in.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I will commit to Felipe should he keep coasting. I don't want that in LyLo, and will not stand for that.

So in this post, I, Xonar, dedicate myself to pushing Felipe should he keep his coasting behavior up until the end of the game.

I'll reread Omni tomorrow. Don't think Gorf is really that necessary, but might as well. No comment on Red Ryu at the moment.

Omni

BRoomer
nothing is contradictory

there's meta. then there's actual scumhunting. i have a meta read on chaco/kev but nothing in actual terms of scumhunting and playing mafia. which is why at the moment i dont trust him

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
nothing is contradictory

there's meta. then there's actual scumhunting. i have a meta read on chaco/kev but nothing in actual terms of scumhunting and playing mafia. which is why at the moment i dont trust him
If your reads are based on scumhunting here, why the meta?

Top Bottom