• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3s #3: Taste of Vanilla | Town Wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes. And also how the statement "Rake hasn't changed much" ties into all that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright man. <3 Zen.

Vote: Rake

Snoozer tommorow.

Snoozer

Smash Rookie
those reads are a mix of individual reads, when you asked me before I gave you (my/SumAU)'s current reads. So maybe that's the source of this confusion. *sent on skype*Yo J, why has Rake gotten less town for you?

Look J, do I need to go through this whole page and quote all your posts >:|

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think once Rake flips Goon it'll be readily apparent you guys are the traitor. I thought Zen was at first but he was just disagreeing with me and he has done that before (Kat). Your reaction to the Rake wagon was weird and how you approached it was weird.

(By voting Dabuz four minutes, I don't think a townie would really consider a wagon that quick)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
those reads are a mix of individual reads, when you asked me before I gave you (my/SumAU)'s current reads. So maybe that's the source of this confusion. *sent on skype*Yo J, why has Rake gotten less town for you?

Look J, do I need to go through this whole page and quote all your posts >:|
I thought you were the one posting the whole time. But I also wonder why J hasn't been talking content then if he has posted.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I haven't read a single full post this entire game that isn't a one-liner or something I can skim. Based on vibes, I have my own vapid reads but eh.

@Summoner: <3 Yes please.

Snoozer

Smash Rookie
it has been posting all this time, I've been running things by J most of the time on skype.

oh Ran, I don't know if you noticed, but I was on dabuz before that so I don't really see how that is a thing if you know what I'm saying.

Snoozer

Smash Rookie
=o The reason I changed now is because of something I did with the Lucas boards, but you totally should. More prettiness to look at.
Lol no thank you.
I haven't read a single full post this entire game that isn't a one-liner or something I can skim. Based on vibes, I have my own vapid reads but eh.

@Summoner: <3 Yes please.
more hydra stuff

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What was your original reasoning for voting Dabuz, Znooser?

Snoozer

Smash Rookie
dabuz hadn't posted much + his posts had been yuck, needed to be followed up leading into today and a wagon was the best way to do that

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1) Dabuz was a good vote at the time (and I'm happy with keeping it there until I see that it's served it's purpose), it's hard to tell what the slot is without them talking a bit more.

6) Top scum pick isn't necessarily dabuz Rake, just sayin'. I have him voted right now because he needs to talk about stuff, regardless of his alignment. With that said though, J and I think Zen and dabuz are the players that need to be looked at the most.
You said here that your vote was a 'good vote at the time' meaning it was more like a placer vote. You also said Dabuz wasn't really a top pick, so you were leniant there.

Yet it took you at least four minutes to decide between Rake/Dabuz. If you were confident in Dabuz you would have voted him at first, amirite?

You say now that your scumpicks are Rake/Dabuz but you never mentionted Rake as being a scum pick BEFORE my case thing, nor did you show why you agreed with Rake being scum.

This is why I think you are trying to distance yourself from the Rake wagon, and feel you are the traitor.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Basically, if Dabuz was just a placer vote, you might have been fine with voting Rake. Yet, you were trying to find reasons to JUSTIFY not getting on Rake, for example:

I think dabuz's recent posts w.r.t the rake wagon have been grimy and make me hesitant to go along with rake. Rake seems to be getting really frustrated
The underlined here shows that you think Rake getting frustrated means he isn't scum. Yet you seem to forget this in your recent reads.

It's inconsistent with your thought process. It feels you are trying to emulate a 'town' mindset yet your 'natural' mindset stays the same, which is 'to survive' which means 'appeasing me' by stating you have a scum read on rake for the first time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP: Your statement infers that rake getting frustrated means he isn't scum, or rather is a reason you won't want to get on the wagon.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
It was a good vote at the time and just because I see someone as scummy doesn't mean I won't look at other people during the day and not go back to them. The top pick thing to Rake was just highlighting an assumption he made that it was my top pick because he was my first vote in the day and and in the next sentence, I go on to say that he was a pick. I mean geez.

when I revoted, I was trying to divine information about the scum team by having both wagons at L-1 as well as keeping my vote on dabuz and that way I could see that if it were MYLO and neither of these people were hammered, they were both scum and if it wasn't MYLO, anyone randomly switching would be the last scum (which I mentioned). I was happy doing this in a potential MYLO because of the wagon structure. Which was something like Rake: Ran, DH, Dabuz and Dabuz: myself, rake, zen, the only person that could jump from Rake to dabuz was DH and I decided to back my read w.r.t dabuz. The I remembered that scum couldn't actually communicate and well, you can read my posts about that again if you want.

don't think I have anything else to say about that

Snoozer

Smash Rookie
It was a good vote at the time and just because I see someone as scummy doesn't mean I won't look at other people during the day and not go back to them. The top pick thing to Rake was just highlighting an assumption he made that it was my top pick because he was my first vote in the day and and in the next sentence, I go on to say that he was a pick. I mean geez.

when I revoted, I was trying to divine information about the scum team by having both wagons at L-1 as well as keeping my vote on dabuz and that way I could see that if it were MYLO and neither of these people were hammered, they were both scum and if it wasn't MYLO, anyone randomly switching would be the last scum (which I mentioned). I was happy doing this in a potential MYLO because of the wagon structure. Which was something like Rake: Ran, DH, Dabuz and Dabuz: myself, rake, zen, the only person that could jump from Rake to dabuz was DH and I decided to back my read w.r.t dabuz. The I remembered that scum couldn't actually communicate and well, you can read my posts about that again if you want.

don't think I have anything else to say about that
and my statement w.r.t frustration means I need to go look at his posts again, I've seen frustrated town and frustrated scum but more town than scum.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch

Rake |
Dark Horse, dabuz, Ramen King, Ranmaru​
|
4 / 4​

dabuz |
Snoozer, Rake​
|
2 / 4​

---​

Rake [Mafia] has been lynched; From now on there will be no more Night Phases in this game.
Day 3 begins, with 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!
Deadline: last minute of 24th August;

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So that means Soup/BW were town. Hmmm, I should skim-read games more often.

Vote: Dabuz

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FoS: Ranmaru

Ranmaru said:
I think once Rake flips Goon it'll be readily apparent you guys are the traitor. I thought Zen was at first but he was just disagreeing with me and he has done that before (Kat). Your reaction to the Rake wagon was weird and how you approached it was weird.

(By voting Dabuz four minutes, I don't think a townie would really consider a wagon that quick)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Vote: Snoozer

GG. Nice try though, J.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Reason I'm FoS'ing you Ranmaru is because you seemed to know instictively that Rake was going to flip goon and then tried to set up possibilites of other people being the traitor. Your play this game has also kept me queasy which I haven't really disclosed with Summoner. You were automatically acting under the assumption that you know Rake would flip goon to try and make your connection case to My slot/Zen's slot/Dabuz's slot, anyone's slot in fact to be quite honest.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Guys

Guys

Look at how dabuz has been playing this game. We're not lynching snoozer/ran right now.

Vote: Dabuz

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nah, I just read him well. Same as the last game I was with him. At first I backed off because his argument seemed legit but his actions in RVS came off as... jerky. Knee-jerk is the word. And I had the reasons to back it up too.

The odd thing is you mentioned 'smellyness' of rake yet you never followed up, J. I thought I would have gotten support there from ya, yet you let Summoner just avoid the wagon without you saying a damn thing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
DH, look at the people who stayed off the wagon. LOOK AT EM HARD.

Also think of why Dabuz would get on his buddy's wagon if he were traitor.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I didn't post anything about Rake, Ranmaru. That was all Summoner. In fact, Summoner is the one who talked me into disliking Rake more because I originally had him as null-town, D1.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok. Let me dig up the post and show you what I mean

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
One of the hydra heads would have been on the badwolf wagon. The same head would say the focus should be on dabuz/rake/zen tomorrow. The other head disagreed on rake, but they haven't talked much about it.

This head agrees with the statements Ranmaru has made about dabuz and think that should be followed up. Zen is hard to read but feels weird so this head's going to want to try and sort that out tomorrow. Other head said they didn't like Zen. This head thinks Rake smells bad, but other head doesn't agree.

This head doesn't want to go into town reads right now and is wondering how long he can bother to do this posting style. This head also knows Xonar interview thread is up.

zzz
So, ONE of the heads apparently felt Rake was smelly. Yet, it seems the head that liked Rake, did post. You get me here? I don't understand why this mysterious other head, didn't come in and follow up with THAT direction.

It just dawned on me that it was possible the hydra had opposing thoughts on that person so it can seem natural, and so they can keep their options open.

But to me, it didn't seem natural because they didn't explore both options 'to keep them open' and it seemed more like a stall tactic to me. This is why, I feel you are the traitor, Znooser.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
DH, look at the people who stayed off the wagon. LOOK AT EM HARD.

Also think of why Dabuz would get on his buddy's wagon if he were traitor.
The thing is, dabuz's interactions with raje were really bad.

By that time, iirc it was either dabuz or rake. Dabuz not voting rake or still calling him town would have nailed in the coffin for him upon a rake scumflip. Therefore, the really only options was to vote rake.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We have 3 lynches I think, and I want to talk with Zen first. I also prefer Snoozer first, but am open to Dabuz after if it fails. We can discuss things till then.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
The thing is, dabuz's interactions with raje were really bad.

By that time, iirc it was either dabuz or rake. Dabuz not voting rake or still calling him town would have nailed in the coffin for him upon a rake scumflip. Therefore, the really only options was to vote rake.
I'd take that up as poor hindsight, because I think it would be in their benefit to deflect from the goon to the traitor so there are still night kills.

What did Snoozer try to do? Deflect to Dabuz. It's possible, but I want Snoozer first. :V

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ran said:
So, ONE of the heads apparently felt Rake was smelly. Yet, it seems the head that liked Rake, did post. You get me here?
No, the side that did like Rake at the time did not post. I did not post at all so your theory is wrong from the start.

Ran said:
I don't understand why this mysterious other head, didn't come in and follow up with THAT direction.
????

Ran said:
It just dawned on me that it was possible the hydra had opposing thoughts on that person so it can seem natural, and so they can keep their options open.
....really? We had a dissonance which is common in hydras when debating reads.

Ran said:
But to me, it didn't seem natural because they didn't explore both options 'to keep them open' and it seemed more like a stall tactic to me. This is why, I feel you are the traitor, Znooser.
I didn't explore anything purely because of the fact I hadn't played the game at all till recently. Summoner did explore the RakeScum vibes he felt when he was posting.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
I'd take that up as poor hindsight, because I think it would be in their benefit to deflect from the goon to the traitor so there are still night kills.
If dabuz had still been calling rake town, he would have been buried upon rake scum flip. Possibility of surviving a couple of days without kills is better than dying immediatley, from a scum POV.

Top Bottom