• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3s #3: Taste of Vanilla | Town Wins!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Zen loves lynching me regardless of me being in a hydra or not. He only is successful in lynching me when I am part of a hydra because I get lazy being a hydra.

*will quote later*

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
J, while you are here , is Zen scum for wanting to lynch you like this ?

Does this re-enforce your feelings about his slot ?

Also , do you or Summoner have town reads yet ?
(even just one or two )
If so could you provide them ?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
@Rake: Impatience along with knowing they probably aren't going to do much. I'm going on inghebfinite v/la soon. I'm not sure if I should replace or just wait this out.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I guess by definition ths question should follow:

J am i scum for agreeing (somewhat) with Zen's idea.

Furthermore:
Unvote

Dark Horse

Snoozer

Smash Rookie
I don't have much time to answer everything right now, I'll get out what I can.

@Rake: With those first two questions you answered. I had a feeling on how you'd answer them already so I just wanted to see if you answer them similarly. I was actually expecting this hydra to be mentioned in your reply to q1, so I guess I was wrong there. q2 was right on the money so it worked out I guess. Moving onto the questions. I do like you more now.
1) Dabuz was a good vote at the time (and I'm happy with keeping it there until I see that it's served it's purpose), it's hard to tell what the slot is without them talking a bit more.
2) I'm going to split up the points by refering to the 'not poked enough' point as 1) and the 'one mistake' point as 2). 1) doesn't really reveal anything about dabuz besides that he might like to post like that, hard to tell from here anyway. 2) could be a scum setting up a push if he saw you saw something that was considered a scum mistake. That might not make much sense, but it's like how I pushed BadClover in Catherine (I was scum) when they were (imo) dumb about the Ryker claim.
3)Ran's post isn't really a read at all, I see it as pointing out a player hasn't contributed much, but has been around to post. Meaning that it's a good idea to pressure wagon them so we can sort it out.
4) J isn't on right now, please leave a message at the tone.
5) Summoner half would have been, he was being quite awkward about his voting + almost everyone in the game had interacted with him, I was cool with him being lynched D1.
6) Top scum pick isn't necessarily dabuz Rake, just sayin'. I have him voted right now because he needs to talk about stuff, regardless of his alignment. With that said though, J and I think Zen and dabuz are the players that need to be looked at the most.
7) I see no reason to specifically single out my top town pick and I question the value of such a question. Nobody here needs to know my top town pick. (Basically, don't want to talk about it since scum NKs)

Will do post about Zen after I get home and talk to J, dabuz.

@Zen: I won't mind clearing up who's posting if you want me to after the post, can't say I'll remember to in each post. This is Summoner posting here and the stuff at rake.
We both apparently misread the situation about you claiming traitor? I wasn't aware I'd said anything about that. What I will say about the traitor business is that I believe you when you say you'd do it as any role so basically it has no impact on how I feel about you.
I've read all of the posts, but I haven't read into all of the posts. J has only skimmed iirc but I think J's skimming is better than my reading lol.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Basically the traitor has the same win condition as mafia, so I'm treating it as mafia with a hidden flip.

@Dabuz: Do you support lynching Jummoner if nothing better comes along ?
Why / Why Not
No. If Snoozer can continue to be active (IDC about which head, just the slot being active in general), then the main reason to vote the slot from what I've read (Inactivity) is no longer a valid reason to vote. With a possible Mylo situation (Keep in mind, Traitor is basically mafia) I don't support lynching for the sake of lynching.

Ramen King: Who are your top two scum reads and why?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dabuz, I have already explained. I'll repeat, it was a vibe. Since you said you would have been posting 'normally' after the poem thing, yet didn't... That felt like you might have wanted to post to show that you are here, but not really here. I felt that you wouldn't want instant attention because you know you'll be an easy lynch (IE: Ryker Mafia), and it would be more important for you to lay low as scum. Seeing as how there are now PR's, there would be no need for town to lay low. Explained. x]

What are your thoughts on Rake's #400, Rather, why do you think he was trying to achieve by asking you that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP: *What, not why.

So Dabuz, full reads list and top 2 scum picks. Until you get on that (or actually back in the thread)
Vote Dabuz

:phone:
So, now that you unvoted, did your read change?

1.) With Dabuz, i think i gave him too much credit for pointing out something i felt would be obvious

2.) And beyond that, when he gets prodded by Dh for elaboration , he sort of makes a point of mentioning he hasnt poked enough at people to get a read, and reading it , i go : why mention something we can all tell from your posts, it seemed superfluous to add that into that post.

3.)The only thing besides that is to do a small Q&A with me about the games I have played and then make an idle comment about it only taking one mistake. So when i read that, it makes me feel like he could be reading me , but isnt putting any effort into it yet.

Dark Horse:

I really dont see what Badwulf meant by roller coaster, when DH did something wrt another slot, it seemed like he followed through just as youd expect from someone trying to get reads. Like when i asked him about his Badwulf vote, he gave a legitimate reason for finding it slimey and didnt rely on someone else's points to justify voting him (i.e he wasnt waggoning Wulf IMO). Then he also presses Dabuz when Dabuz takes a crack at one of his posts, so hes not intent to sit back and let people get away with not supporting something they say.

4.) My read on Dark Horse is null-town ( think 69 % town, 31% null).
1. Really, did that give you a town read? Why did you think of that now instead of bringing it up before? (You know, being pro-active)
2. Do you think there may be a connection between him and DH? Also, why didn't you consider that until now?
3. Can you elaborate further, what does that mean to you? Is it possible he may be scum doing so? Why?
4. You intended to vote Dark Horse, yet hesitated. Why is that?

J, while you are here , is Zen scum for wanting to lynch you like this ?

Does this re-enforce your feelings about his slot ?

Also , do you or Summoner have town reads yet ?
(even just one or two )
If so could you provide them ?
Ok, what was the point of this post? (The questions for town reads, and asking if Zen and you are scum for pushing their wagon) How does it help you find scum?

I guess by definition ths question should follow:

J am i scum for agreeing (somewhat) with Zen's idea.
Why did you ask this, and what did you hope to achieve with this?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Post #349

@Rake:

1st Quote :
I don't see my anti-town intent at all in that one, it's just me saying that I hadn't gotten to voting Soup because Ihad to keep responding to other stuff before I could. I guess I could ave voted in the first place, but I was more concerned with handling what I was.
It is you being anti-town. You said you were joke voting Soup in pre-game, so why would you be voting him when he was asking you for a REASON? You see, you were being anti-town here by refusing to explain yourself, and just voting him on reaction, because you were pushed to.

2nd Quote:
That was more of a pre vote joke , I intentionally is-quoted Soup in response to his "Am I scum question" Something which i believe i adressed seriously later. Again I'm not seeing how it's anti-town , but i suppose it could be seen that way.
It is anti-town because you are dodging the question. You have voted Soup ONCE already, so why would you reply to him in that manner, instead of saying "I'm just joking".

3rd Quote:
That was my reaction to Soup's "outta here with that wack vote " post, me and Soup both (I believe ) that I was going to voting him as soon as I handled the other stuff, so I poked at him by responding with "as if you didn't know it was coming "
I think that is a half-***** way to justify you voting Soup again when he was directly asking you to explain if he was scum or not in your pov. Why did you poke him, and what good did it do you in poking Soup with that statement?

4th Quote:
That post was pointless , I'll admit that.
But why did you post that, and what was your meaning in posting it?

5th Quote:
I'll admit that post was anti-town, i was kinda reacting too defensively over the endless stream of questions i suppose , but i did address it properly later i believe , so take that as you will.
Ok. So, why were you reacting defensively to the questions? Why were you hesitating?

6th Quote:

When DH was scum in OS all stars, one of the things he did was to say "oh this person is so scummy , telling you right now " as a way to bus his mates, so by asking him to elaborate i was trying to see if he would drop that same sort of tell on possible scumWulf. Telling that way would move him into top spot as "very likely traitor".
Alright then.

WRT [Darkhorse] his vote on me :

I didn't see much to respond to, i felt like he was making more of a joking vote back at me for voting him when i did , i got this because of

So i didn't think his vote was made in all seriousness (even though he provided evidence) , just the way I read it made it seem that way (consider the fact that he puts an exclamation mark beside th J is viewing point and how he adds "IDgaf if this looks like OMGUS" statement , made me feel there wasn't anything to respond to.
See, I think this is more of a lie. Even if it 'seems' like a joke, it seriously was a point against you. I don't see why you wouldn't want others to know why you may have done something. This is anti-town as well, and I don't like how you are trying to cover up with how you also found it jokey.

Vote: Rake
I think this is the direction to go today. I feel like Rake is trying to cover up his actions by saying he assumed things were jokes, but I do not see his rvs actions as one that was jokey at all. His vote on Dark horse (that he messed up) comes off as in-consistent with his read on him, which was null-town (69% even :bee:). I don't see his hesitation as townie, because if he really believed Dark Horse was scum, he'd put it out there without fear, or at least state that he'd give reason for it later, instead of 'ignore it DH lolz'.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Rake: With those first two questions you answered. I had a feeling on how you'd answer them already so I just wanted to see if you answer them similarly. I was actually expecting this hydra to be mentioned in your reply to q1, so I guess I was wrong there. q2 was right on the money so it worked out I guess. Moving onto the questions. I do like you more now.

7) I see no reason to specifically single out my top town pick and I question the value of such a question. Nobody here needs to know my top town pick. (Basically, don't want to talk about it since scum NKs)
Underlined, you say you like him more than. When exactly did you start liking him, and why?

7. What do you think about Rake asking you this question?

I'm sorry but BW had to be scum. I just realized this. Did anyone else other than dabuz remember this? Because I do find it interesting that he did. I'll read the last couple of pages in a bit.

Vote: Jummoner
Zen, join me on Rake. Thoughts on DH? Also, why so lazy bro? Put some elbow grease in mang.

I feel like Me / Zen / Ran are going to have to really kick people to get in this thread.
Also Zen i agree that we should play assuming the traitor is still around.
@Dabuz: Do you support lynching Jummoner if nothing better comes along ?
Why / Why Not

@Ran : Your thoughts on this + an updated Dabuz read
Underlined, what gave you this feeling? Who didn't you feel wasn’t getting into the game enough?
My thoughts on that: No, I don’t. I don’t see a reason to lynch him. Why do you ask?
Read on Dabuz now: Null.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Dark Horse: Was your vote on Rake a joke? What did you think of him ignoring your statement towards him? Also, what is your read on Rake and Zen?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Hmm. Tomorrow will seriously be my last day to really play. I want everyone, in their, next post to list their suspects from 1-5 from most scum to most town. I'll reread and post mine in a bit.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Horse of dark.
Terror of night.
I hear your bark.
But don't see your bite.

You misunderstand.
Your reasoning is poor.
And not persuasive.
dabuz why did you call dark horse out at this point? What did you mean by you heard bark, but not bite?

@Dark Horse: What was your reasoning for initially voting Badwolf?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Unvote; Vote: Dark Horse

1. Dark Horse
2. Dabuz

3. Jummoner
4. Rake
5. Ran

DDJRR

This is where I'm at at the moment, assuming neither BW/Soup are traitor. Which I do think there is a good possibility. But we should be assuming traitor is alive. I think with living players, the most likely goon-traitor combination is DH + dabuz. If I'm wrong and traitor is dead, then we will still be playing tomorrow and can look for goon based on that knowledge. I think DH is a good way to go right now though. He hasn't really done anything. And dabuz' interaction with him is strange. Feeling dabuz-traitor/DH-goon thing going on here.

Hell even if BW was traitor, his read on DH was weird/partnerish as well.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch

Dark Horse |
Ramen King, Rake​
|
2 / 4​

Rake |
Ranmaru​
|
1 / 4​

dabuz |
Snoozer​
|
1 / 4​

---​

Not voting: Dark Horse, Dabuz;

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@mod: If goon is lynched, can Traitor still win? I know that you said town needs to kill traitor to win, but does that traitor's win condition would still be in effect? For example if it came down to 1town-traitor would that be a loss for all factions or a win for the mafia/traitor faction?
It would be a win for the traitor.

Traitor cannot win, unless goon lives.
However Town cannot win unless both goon and traitor are dead.
If town and traitor both live. Then all factions lose.

Is this correct @mod?
It's incorrect.

:059:

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
First of all, Vote: Rake

@DH: Read on Jummoner and your thoughts on this topic
Null leaning town. We're not ****ing lynching someone for being inactive when they actually start to post.

Rake also reads Obv. town to me, he asks a lot of question, is very active, and has been consistent in reasoning under pressure.

What

Dark horse is my top scum read ATM. He pushed BW at the start of the game, then seemed content to not post anything relevant, but he has been posting enough to show he is active. His posts are more or less jokes and seems happy to ignore posting unless addressed.
What have I been doing that's not badwolf? Well, I've been thinking you're scum.

Also, for being a "top scum pick," you don't vote me. Hell, you're not voting anyone, just as you were doing with your pushes yesterday.

Furthermore:
Unvote

Dark Horse

This reeks. Your "ignore this!" post after it certainly doesn't help.

dabuz why did you call dark horse out at this point? What did you mean by you heard bark, but not bite?

@Dark Horse: What was your reasoning for initially voting Badwolf?
Badwolf's post reeked of scum trying to find another wagon that wasn't themself.

@Ran

I wasn't joking with my rake post. Though it did seem odd how rake didn't question it, I made the mistake of not pursuing it, as I really wanted badwolf dead.

Also, for those wondering why I'm voting rake: Dabuz interactions with him scream that he knows that rake is scum. For example, there's stuff like this:

So the anom has very few full games under his belt.
That makes my heart melt.
I can watch for the novice moves.
One mistake is all that's needed for noob scum to lose.

I haven't poked the players enough to make any reads on scum.
Where he says it's going to be easy finding rakescum, and then proceed to say that he "hasn't poked the players enough," and him thinking that rake is obvtown and consitent in reasoning under presure. As such, I think rake is the goon and dabuz is the traitor.

As for reads: (Order from scummiest to towniest)

1. Dabuz
2. Rake
3. Zen
4. Snoozer
5. Ran

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Except for the fact where I explain how I see rake scum, which, you know, you didn't mention at all in your last post

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Why are you voting Rake, if dabuz is your top scum pick?
Also, for those wondering why I'm voting rake: Dabuz interactions with him scream that he knows that rake is scum. For example, there's stuff like this:

Where he says it's going to be easy finding rakescum, and then proceed to say that he "hasn't poked the players enough," and him thinking that rake is obvtown and consitent in reasoning under presure. As such, I think rake is the goon and dabuz is the traitor.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Soup is off.
Zen, why did you say Soup was off so instinctively? What set you off here?

ITT: Zen ignores me completely and makes a baseless statement about lynching me
Why did you ignore Soup here? What was he referring to?

He was making comments as if he was attempting to purposefully play scummy such as the "oh you caught me" and the "who should I night kill".

I don't think Rake is scum anymore. I like his recent responses. Moving on to an inactive. IE, J.

Vote: J/Summoner
This 'change' was a bit too quick. You also never stated you felt he was scum in the first place, you just voted him when pressure was being put on Rake. Where exactly did you say he was scum, and what reasoning did you present?

Vote: J/summoner
Vote: Badwolf

Time to take out the trash.
You never did this pro-actively. You only did this after I rejected your Soup push.

@dabuz:

Ran- town
Rake- town
dabuz- null
Jummoner- null
DH- null
Seeing your reads here...

Unvote; Vote: Dark Horse

1. Dark Horse
2. Dabuz

3. Jummoner
4. Rake
5. Ran

DDJRR

<dh goon dabuz traitor snip>
Yet here, they are different. This is the first time you had a 'top scum' read, instead of just nulls. This is also the second time you have acted after I make my push.

See, you haven't been looking for scum at all, and had been reacting to my pushes. You don't want to lynch Rake at all. You respond to my push and points about Rake with "Let's lynch Jummoner", and you even ignore the biggest point against him, which is that he freaking intended to vote his null-town read. How is that townie at all? Tell me Ramen.

Reads post in next post.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. Rake.
2. Ramen
3. Dabuz
4. Dark Horse
5. J/Summoner

I'm also tired of J/Summoner of being so lazy. Get in here and post man!

Anyways, I think Rake is the goon, and Zen is the traitor. It makes sense. Zen is very reluctant to lynch Rake.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Anyways, Rake is the way to go because then finding the traitor should be easier without night kills. (Since I believe Rake is the sole goon)

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Zen, why did you say Soup was off so instinctively? What set you off here?
The fact that he came in and voted and then claimed to know that the game hadn't started when he clearly didn't. Why lie?
Why did you ignore Soup here? What was he referring to?
I didn't ignore him. As you see, neither me or you know what he was talking about.

--
--
This 'change' was a bit too quick. You also never stated you felt he was scum in the first place, you just voted him when pressure was being put on Rake. Where exactly did you say he was scum, and what reasoning did you present?
That's just me trying to play pro town by expressing my thoughts. How was it quick, if Soup did the same thing? You're trying to make scum tells out of null tells. Seeing that Soup flipped likely townie, you should be taking it as a null tell for me as well.
You never did this pro-actively. You only did this after I rejected your Soup push.
Huh?
Yet here, they are different. This is the first time you had a 'top scum' read, instead of just nulls. This is also the second time you have acted after I make my push.

See, you haven't been looking for scum at all, and had been reacting to my pushes. You don't want to lynch Rake at all. You respond to my push and points about Rake with "Let's lynch Jummoner", and you even ignore the biggest point against him, which is that he freaking intended to vote his null-town read. How is that townie at all? Tell me Ramen.
lol dude what are you talking about making a push after you. The only push you have made is Rake, which I disagree with. My second post you refer to was after I reread some to form reads. However when dabuz asked me in the post before, I hadn't put much thought into it. Both of those posts were no where near you posting so no on the posting after you thing like what?

As for you trying to make a connection between Rake and I simply because I wont vote him, wrong again. I wont vote you either. I don't agree with anything you've said about Rake. Simply because I have a town read does not make me a scum mate. If you are using that logic, then we would be scum buddies. I'd defend you to the ground. And I'm not even defending rake. I simply don't think he is scum and I've given you my reasoning.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Vote: dabuz

One of BW, Soup, and dabuz is/was traitor

I'm pretty sure that through lynching dabuz, we'll have another day tomorrow.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
What have I been doing that's not badwolf? Well, I've been thinking you're scum.
So you admit to doing nothing this game except pushing BW and pushing me only when I push you? Cool.

Also, for being a "top scum pick," you don't vote me. Hell, you're not voting anyone, just as you were doing with your pushes yesterday.
I'm not voting you? Oh, you're right, I thought I voted you :l

Vote: Dark Horse

@Ramen: I'm confused, you think DH is the goon and me the traitor, then why vote me over DH?

Top Bottom