• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S #2 - The great famine | Indy wins!

X1-12

Smash Champion
Because I'm pretty sure there's nothing in this game which could indicate you were town. He should be able to show me something to the contrary.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I don't see what you dont get. He has a read, I don't think he has any reasoning for it so I ask him to give some, from this I can then judge whether i think his reasoning is legit or not.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Stop ninjaing :v

What I didn't get is why you would ask someone for a town read when I see no reason for him to explain it when we can get much more information if you elaborate first.

I'm saying especially not in this phase because town hunting is way less profitable than scum hunting, especially when we need the game to advance. In my eyes, we should currently go the Acrostic route.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus, why is your vote still on Adumb?
I feel like I get asked this question (or variations of it) a lot and I don't know why. There's never an interesting answer. My vote is where it is because that's where I want it to be or nothing moves me enough to want to change it at the moment. I put it on Adum initially because I felt like I had to give him more of a reason to actually engage with me directly since my totally awesome Harry Potter gif didn't seem to be enough. If I were to move it, it would go on Acrostic, but there's no real burning incentive for me to do that right now since I don't want him dead right now and he seems capable of responding to people just fine without them. We can have some useful discussions without throwing our votes at everything that moves.

In fact, let me turn it around on you, since you seem to be doing the opposite of what I'm doing (relying more on your vote than your voice): Why do you choose to spend your time needling Zen and X1 on insignificant (imo) points instead of putting Acro in the ol' force choke and seeing what he does? Your vote is on him, and you've already expressed contentment with him being the play toDay, but somehow everyone else seems to be getting more attention from you.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
There is an interesting answer. You just gave it.

I disagree that my interactions with Zen and X1 are insignificant.
As for Acrostic, his actions speak for itself, there aren't any questions I have for him, I just want to see him react to what's happened. That's a more genuine reaction than when I steer him.

I also never said I am content with him dying, I said that I like the wagon, jfyi.

I think your vote is better spent on Acrostic.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What do you think would happen if my vote were on Acrostic that isn't happening now?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've been trying to get this town focused, in which your vote will help. A wagon gives us pressure and your vote might spur others to vote too, adding to the pressure.
The more pressure, the better we can gauge Acrostic's reaction.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why are you so interested in getting the town to "focus" when more than a third of this town hasn't even posted yet? Yeah, Acro's setting off alarms and I absolutely support the idea of keeping him in the spotlight and holding him accountable for what he does, but there's no reason to be marshaling the troops right now. There's still plenty of room for exploration.

I'm sorry, but to me it really looks like you're just posturing. Especially since everything you've been trumpeting so far (pressure votes, "scumhunt; don't townhunt," so-and-so's being intentionally difficult to read/antagonistic) have been surface level issues. I don't see you focusing; I see you throwing your vote on a sus player and then just making basic, rote mafia commentary while acting like you're doing something actually worthwhile.

If I may be blunt, it's the kind of stuff I catch myself doing as scum, even when I know better. Especially in early game.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
What is the issue with getting town to focus even when more than a third hasn't posted yet? If I think focus on Acrostic is good, I will make it happen.

There is plenty room for exploration, but here's the thing. Check out this plan;

1. We pressure Acrostic
2. Acrostic replies
2a. Acrostic's replies are towny, we can freely look in other places
2b. Acrostic's replies are scummy, we have to pressure him more

See, the thing is that there's no reason to distract town from Acrostic at the moment, simple as that.

What I've been trumpeting is Acrostic pressure, that's the main thing.
Your reason for saying I'm posturing is probably because I'm holding cards back. That's not posturing, that's considering when information is valuable to be used in a game, and believe me, I have information. I have reasons for everything I've done so far. This information leads me to believe that Acrostic pressure is warranted.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Just a note, I love my walls.
I have received my role pm. Badwolf, I don't believe we've played before.

Do you have a preference as to which alignment you like to play as and are there are any decisive differences between how you play as each side?
Heh yeah. Third game and into the pros with me... I'm actually really excited to see how this pans out.

Sorry Adumb, I'm afraid I misread my PM. Looks like I'm town.

As for Circus, as you can see, I am town. No nightkill to think of.

Zen, please drop that writing style. It makes it more annoying to read you.

Honestly, early on, weak tells are the best you have. Why oppose it?

Elaborate, please.

Vote: Ramen King

Also, Circus, you underestimate Acrostic. Believe me.

Additionally, I need to run some numbers, then reread. Gimme some time.
@Underlined: You read it wrong? Colour me disbelieving.

@Bold: People respond better and easier to gentle nudging, not the massive shove that might push them into aggressive posts. It's easier to get them to accidentally slip up.

Why tell him?

We could have used it to see if he would give us some relationship tells on his mafia partners.
God forbid that I actually look at the player list. I was just confused as to why he was confirming a role. I didn't realize that he was messing around until later.

Alright team I'm here finally, kinda expecting more posts in this game when I finally got here tbh but whatever.

How do you get good reads then? If you've never been town then how do you know instigating disagreement doesn't get you good reads?

Were you trying to get a feel on Xonar or just buddy me? If the former explain your thought process which led you to asking this question, if the latter then explain why
@Underlined:
1.) Why ask this again? Xonar spelled it out fine enough for me to read.

2.) Disagreement doesn't allow for lynching scum. It actually puts us at each other's throats fairly easily.

Give this man a medal.
For asking a decent question?

"I told you I would be posting in such a way before the game even started n_n. It has helped me to catch scum off guard before, and I feel it is doing the same right now.

What is scummy about you:

-You target my posting style without even considering how it is troublesome. You have yet to state how it is so. This leads me to believe that you were just targeting something you felt was easy to target. You have not truly looked at my "thought flow". You had not even let me posts enough to know if you could understand my thought process. You just went for it immediately without any sort of analysis. In reality, changing the color of my posts does not affect anything about what I'm saying haha.

-You're already pretty jumpy. Your question to Circus about why he is voting adum had no real thought behind it just like you asking me to stop my posting style has no real thought behind it. You quickly felt the need to state that it was a real question right after you asked him because you realized your mistake and that fake that there was no thought behind the question.

You're scum man.
"
@Underlined: I agree with this, but it is kinda irritating.

@Zen: How does this help you scumhunt? Can you give me examples?

@Bold: Can you quote where (s)he attacks the play-style? I want to see this.

@Italics: I also agree to this. Useless questions are unneeded, and they rather clutter up the thread.

Circus, if you re-read you'll see that Zen asked me to provide an example of how Swiss's involvement would potentially be useful. In response, I humored him and told him some ideas that were on my mind. I think that my explanation was already self-explanatory. Xonar & adumb both claimed to be in a hydra with Swiss, badwolf inquired about Swiss being in the game. If badwolf was mafia with Xonar|adumb, then you would think that he would know that they were joking or clarify it on their own thread. Pragmatically speaking, this doesn't get us far, nor is it substantial. In addition, there is nothing to indicate that mafia wouldn't feign such an interaction or would have close communication at this point in the game. However, if you wanted to consider how it could have been useful there are probably even more possibilities, whether they are substantial is a completely different story.
So useless block is useless. What was the point of this entire post? We already clarified the fact that Swiss isn't playing so why go with "What if"'s? They accomplish nothing at all.

What is the issue with getting town to focus even when more than a third hasn't posted yet? If I think focus on Acrostic is good, I will make it happen.

There is plenty room for exploration, but here's the thing. Check out this plan;

1. We pressure Acrostic
2. Acrostic replies
2a. Acrostic's replies are towny, we can freely look in other places
2b. Acrostic's replies are scummy, we have to pressure him more

See, the thing is that there's no reason to distract town from Acrostic at the moment, simple as that.
I rather like this plan. Can we execute it on everyone?

So! Question time!

@Zen: You have my question already.

@Acro: Are you just trying to waste my time or what? There are at least two things that you have posted that just make me want to question what you're doing/planning.

Reads

Zen: Null-town

Acro: Null-scum

Xonar: Towny for life.

July

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about not posting earlier, I've just caught up:

As for Circus, as you can see, I am town. No nightkill to think of.

Honestly, early on, weak tells are the best you have. Why oppose it?

Elaborate, please.

Vote: Ramen King

Also, Circus, you underestimate Acrostic. Believe me.

Additionally, I need to run some numbers, then reread. Gimme some time.
Xnoar's response to the jokes about being scum seem nervous, he responds that he is town twice and reinforces it again when he says that he has "no nightkill to think of".

I like Circus' #90 and his reaction to Adumb's early play. I don't find Adumb lingering in RVS suspicious as he's said before he likes RVS, but Circus calling him out on not scumhunting once the game had started to move out of RVS reads well to me and shows intentions of scumhunting.

But you're omitting the important part that prompted Zen to ask you that in the first place, which was this post by you, suggesting that there would have been a sizable benefit to what you then immediately deem pointless.

My issue here is that you created and defeated the same point. This suggests that you're not really taking active steps toward a goal line here. You're just talking to talk.
I also like this point and it's something that I didn't consider when Acrostic first posted about badwolf/Swiss.

The Xonar/Zen discussion over Zen's posting style I found fascinating, especially these two posts:

The question I'm truly asking is; why are you being an antagonist?
The antagonizing thing is denying a request by a fellow player. If it disturbs that player without you intending it to, then it's not a problem. Said player requests you to stop, yet you continue, simply because you can not discern the motive.

That's being an antagonist.

You proceed to vote me without having a single scum tell laid out, you're simply missing information and can not discern my motive.
The accusation that Zen is being antagonist definitely feels forced, as well as the accusation that Zen is voting Xonar because he's missing information and can't discern his motive. It's reachy and seems overly defensive in the bolded part, while Zen remains calm and tries to look at Xonar's intent/motivation throughout but especially here:

"I told you I would be posting in such a way before the game even started n_n. It has helped me to catch scum off guard before, and I feel it is doing the same right now.

What is scummy about you:

-You target my posting style without even considering how it is troublesome. You have yet to state how it is so. This leads me to believe that you were just targeting something you felt was easy to target. You have not truly looked at my "thought flow". You had not even let me posts enough to know if you could understand my thought process. You just went for it immediately without any sort of analysis. In reality, changing the color of my posts does not affect anything about what I'm saying haha.

-You're already pretty jumpy. Your question to Circus about why he is voting adum had no real thought behind it just like you asking me to stop my posting style has no real thought behind it. You quickly felt the need to state that it was a real question right after you asked him because you realized your mistake and that fake that there was no thought behind the question.

You're scum man.
"
Which I agree with, and I think the second point is very palpable in Xonar's posts from RVS through these interactions with Zen.

Vote: Xonar

So far the big three who have stood out to me are Xonar, Circus, and Zen.

Xonar as as scum read for the reasons above, as well as the reasons stated by Zen and Circus.

Circus is a town read and so far I feel like he's shown a lot of intent to scumhunt, and he picked out things about Xonar and Acrostic's play I didn't catch on my first read through, and I like that attentiveness.

Zen is also leaning town for me, I haven't played with just Zen in a while but I actually like his posting style and I can see him clearly dissecting and anaylzing posts for their intent, so it provides a sense of transparency I have found helpful in reading him so far.

Acrostic suspicions I understand, but I really just want to see provide content; his posts are dense but still lacking in useful content and scumhunting.

July

Smash Apprentice
Badwolf, thoughts on Circus?

Also,

@Bold: People respond better and easier to gentle nudging, not the massive shove that might push them into aggressive posts. It's easier to get them to accidentally slip up.
Massive shoves/conflict can get immediate reactions from players that can cause them to reveal scum intent or unusual/anti-town behavior as well.

What did you think of the interactions between Zen and Xonar from roughly post #100 to #114?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Badwolf said:
@Zen: How does this help you scumhunt? Can you give me examples?
"Why would you like to know? If it's because you think I could be doing so for scum reasons, that is not the case. I told Xonar that I would be using this post style before the game had begun/before I had gotten my role, which he confirmed in #115. Therefore it has nothing to do with my alignment. "
@Bold: Can you quote where (s)he attacks the play-style? I want to see this.
"#85, #102, #106, etc. It concerns me that you had to ask me this. mfw you get scum 3 times in a row"
"huh. Where on earth is this coming from?"

Welp X1 is confirmed town. Not even indy. Definitely should keep that to myself though. People seem to find my ability to read him as suspicious. Everything Circus posts have mirrored my thoughts exactly o-o. Seriously his posts have been incredibly analytic this game...July seems to have taken note of this as well.

"I propose a town alliance between myself, X1, Circus, and July. All three of you seem to generally be on the same page. By the way, my proposal is just a courtesy, you don't really have a choice.

Kat: I hope you can join this too! n_n vote Xonar when you get in here.

Xonar: Scum
Acro: Scum
Badwolf: Scummy

Joey is still in this game right?"

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Xnoar's response to the jokes about being scum seem nervous, he responds that he is town twice and reinforces it again when he says that he has "no nightkill to think of".
July, you know just as well as me that that response is null. The fact that I answer twice is because I was asked twice.

The accusation that Zen is being antagonist definitely feels forced,
Why does the accusation of Zen being antagonistic feel forced? I think my thought process is laid out crystal clear.

as well as the accusation that Zen is voting Xonar because he's missing information and can't discern his motive. It's reachy and seems overly defensive in the bolded part, while Zen remains calm and tries to look at Xonar's intent/motivation throughout but especially here:
You have to realize that 109 was ninja'd by 108, in which he gives his explanation, which invalidates the point of me being reachy and overdefensive (he truly did not have a scum-tell from his PoV laid out at that point). You also feel the need to mention how Zen remains calm and looks at my intent, but do I not do that?

Which I agree with, and I think the second point is very palpable in Xonar's posts from RVS through these interactions with Zen.
This is just weird. Show me how the second point holds true with quotes, please?

Zenny said:
Red you'd need to prove that it's likely I did it without thought.
Yellow you'd need to prove that it's likely I did it without thought.
Orange is just baseless conjecture.

Same goes for Zen, you have been occusing me but not showing me your basis. Time to do that.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I honestly have no idea where votes for me are coming from.

Zen, tell me why it was a good plan to attack me when we could've pressured Acrostic? You think Acro is scum, so you could've went for him with my plan and kept these remarks as ammo for later. This would've created better reactions from Acro's slot and wouldn't have changed my reactions when you brought up the points later on.

Why do you think I've been on Acrostic? For that very reason.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@Underlined: You read it wrong? Colour me disbelieving.
That's a joke.

Think of it like this;
In how much danger are you when your game life is reliant on the whim of 1 man?
In how much danger are you when your game life is reliant on the whim of 2 men?
In how much danger are you when your game life is reliant on the whim of 3 men?

Obviously, the less people the more danger. The more danger, the more pressure. The more pressure the more slip ups and overall better reactions.

Zen, you should get around to fulfilling mine and Badwolf's questions.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
"Xonar this is my plan:

Lynch: Xonar
Flip scum: Xonar

I've answered Badwolf's questions. Don't see any questions from you that aren't loaded or rhetorical.
"

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I honestly have no idea where votes for me are coming from.

Zen, tell me why it was a good plan to attack me when we could've pressured Acrostic? You think Acro is scum, so you could've went for him with my plan and kept these remarks as ammo for later. This would've created better reactions from Acro's slot and wouldn't have changed my reactions when you brought up the points later on.

Why do you think I've been on Acrostic? For that very reason.
"What is this even? "

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
"I'm not going to continue going back and forth with you. That's such a pointless thing when someone is clearly being illogical. I've made my case. You've made your defense. Now we get the views of others and vote on it. That's how it works. Just like a court. If the prosecutor and the defendant kept going back and forth in court, nothing would ever get done."

I don't remember you telling me, in that case.

Your points are far from good, though.

First off, you say that I'm targeting your post style. Am I, though?
"yes lol. As I pointed out to Badwolf in #138. "
Not to mention, you note how I can not understand your thought process yet, yet you assume you know my thought process. That makes no sense.
"You're the one that stated that you cannot understand my thought process haha."
You also say I'm 'jumpy'. You say there is no real thought behind it, which only goes to prove that you have not yet grasped my thought process, not that I expect you to at this point, but you think you have, which is weird, considering you're stating that there hasn't been enough time for me to grasp your thought process. How can you already have deduced mine?

I stated it's a serious question because Circus could interpet it as me asking him to vote Acrostic, which it is not.
"Your followup seems to disagree n_n: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14594823&postcount=129

You have yet to state what is was that you were looking for with the question. The answer is nothing. You didn't think before you asked the question. You just asked and realized that it was a bogus question. Prove me wrong and state what you were looking for n_n.
"

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna go play Civilization, but I'll probably be back.

To elaborate on this:

"You're the one that stated that you cannot understand my thought process haha."
ike that includes the thought flow and the whole "role-playing" ordeal.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch

Acrostic |
adumbrodeus, Xonar​
|
2 / 6​

Xonar |
Ramen King, July​
|
2 / 6​

adumbrodeus |
Circus​
|
1 / 6​

---​

Not voting: X1-12, Gorf, Acrostic, SangfroidWarrior, -Masquerain-, Badwolf;

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
"yes lol. As I pointed out to Badwolf in #138. "
You added an etc. So let's just work with those 3 posts.

In post 85, I do not incriminate you for your posting style.
In post 102, I do not incriminate you for your posting style.
In post 106, I do not incriminate you for your posting style.

Now, how did I "target" you for it?

Uhm.
This doesn't imply I can't understand your thought process, it implies that the style makes it more annoying to read you.
like that includes the thought flow and the whole "role-playing" ordeal.
To put this into context:
when I can simply find it annoying when you post like that? (like that includes the thought flow and the whole "role-playing" ordeal.)
I don't see how this imply that I don't understand your thought process. You are the one who implied I don't, right here:
"You had not even let me posts enough to know if you could understand my thought process. "

You're twisting it.
I wasn't planning on that follow up, it was simply a conclusion I drew from his answer.

You have yet to state what is was that you were looking for with the question. The answer is nothing. You didn't think before you asked the question. You just asked and realized that it was a bogus question. Prove me wrong and state what you were looking for n_n."
What I was looking for with Circus is, like I said to July, crystal clear. I wanted to know why he was voting Adumb.
The reasoning for this is because, at the point of me asking the question, it would've objectively been better to vote Acrostic instead of Adumb, for the pressure and for the fact that Adumb's replies were good. This is why I asked him why he was still voting Adumb, because it was surprising to me that he wasn't voting Acrostic (when his own post hinted towards him being more suspicious of Acrostic than Adumb) and to get a feel on his thought process.

This was my initial thought
what the **** is circus doing with his vote

why is it on adumb and not acro?
This was my secondary thought
I can see where he's coming from on both Acro and Adumb, but no idea why he's still on Adumb. Mhm.
As to why I asked you to stop your play style, that's a reasoning I'd like to keep hush-hush at the moment.

and yes, I want this back and forth to develop.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
This also still stands.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Adum stop trying to buddy me.
Lol, believe me, if I wanted to buddy you, I'd say more then "you're reasonably skilled".

@Bold: Are we scum? From your most recent post you say Xonar is leaning town, explain this read
You gave me no material, so no idea on you. Xonar I already answered, and it's on the basis of his RVS conduct, specifically how ridiculously comfortable he was in our interaction in spite of how fundamentally incendiary it was.

The subsequent interaction with zen I don't like, not enough to negate my read, but it seems frivolous and he gets more flustered about it then he should.

@Underlined: I, and I'm pretty sure every single player other than you gets better reads when not in RVS. Its not something I care for and I prefer to just get on with the game.
Then LEARN. Seriously.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Lol, believe me, if I wanted to buddy you, I'd say more then "you're reasonably skilled".
No. You have buddied me twice, once then and once earlier when you asked Xonie whether I should be allowed into the scum alliance. The fact you're doing it gently and subtly doesn't mean your not buddying and only makes you look wose

You gave me no material, so no idea on you. Xonar I already answered, and it's on the basis of his RVS conduct, specifically how ridiculously comfortable he was in our interaction in spite of how fundamentally incendiary it was.

The subsequent interaction with zen I don't like, not enough to negate my read, but it seems frivolous and he gets more flustered about it then he should.

Then LEARN. Seriously.
Right I'm just gonna ignore every post you make about rvs for the next forever

X1-12

Smash Champion
How do you get good reads then? If you've never been town then how do you know instigating disagreement doesn't get you good reads?
@Underlined:
1.) Why ask this again? Xonar spelled it out fine enough for me to read.

2.) Disagreement doesn't allow for lynching scum. It actually puts us at each other's throats fairly easily.
1.) I ask it because you haven't given a satisfactory answer. Explain to me how you get good reads

@Zen, July, Circus, Acrostic: If you could please join me and all vote badwolf for me in your next post that'd be awesome. Us 5 will be L-1.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Badwolf, thoughts on Circus?

Also,

Massive shoves/conflict can get immediate reactions from players that can cause them to reveal scum intent or unusual/anti-town behavior as well.

What did you think of the interactions between Zen and Xonar from roughly post #100 to #114http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14594054&postcount=114?
Underlined: I like him, he lays things on the table and has good insights.

Bolded: I find scum is flipping between one of you two. He has posts that I don't like then you post something that I don't like. Such as:

Why did he ask Circus such a question, when clearly Circus has been looking at both adum and acrostic.
I didn't like this, he makes it sound as if you can't question someone who's looking at other people.

The question I'm truly asking is; why are you being an antagonist?
I also didn't like this by you. You're asking questions that just have no purpose at all. It reeks of scummy to me because I feel as if you're just trying to waste time.

You target my posting style without even considering how it is troublesome.
Then he jumps on your post like a raving lion. Right now this whole back and fourth thing is getting me nowhere other than kinda annoyed.

"Why would you like to know? If it's because you think I could be doing so for scum reasons, that is not the case. I told Xonar that I would be using this post style before the game had begun/before I had gotten my role, which he confirmed in #115. Therefore it has nothing to do with my alignment. "
"#85, #102, #106, etc. It concerns me that you had to ask me this. mfw you get scum 3 times in a row""huh. Where on earth is this coming from?"

Welp X1 is confirmed town. Not even indy. Definitely should keep that to myself though. People seem to find my ability to read him as suspicious. Everything Circus posts have mirrored my thoughts exactly o-o. Seriously his posts have been incredibly analytic this game...July seems to have taken note of this as well.

"I propose a town alliance between myself, X1, Circus, and July. All three of you seem to generally be on the same page. By the way, my proposal is just a courtesy, you don't really have a choice.

Kat: I hope you can join this too! n_n vote Xonar when you get in here.

Xonar: Scum
Acro: Scum
Badwolf: Scummy

Joey is still in this game right?"
Underlined: I just wanted some examples, I don't put weight behind statements unless they have real evidence behind them.

Bolded: I really don't like buddies. Remember what happened in 18? Yeah now I'm on the towny side of it.

That's a joke.

Think of it like this;
In how much danger are you when your game life is reliant on the whim of 1 man?
In how much danger are you when your game life is reliant on the whim of 2 men?
In how much danger are you when your game life is reliant on the whim of 3 men?

Obviously, the less people the more danger. The more danger, the more pressure. The more pressure the more slip ups and overall better reactions.

Zen, you should get around to fulfilling mine and Badwolf's questions.
Underlined: I really disagree with this. I can get reads from just posts, I don't find it necessary to have them squirming under pressure to make a slip. It's like torturing someone to get them to say what you want.

"Xonar this is my plan:

Lynch: Xonar
Flip scum: Xonar

I've answered Badwolf's questions. Don't see any questions from you that aren't loaded or rhetorical.
"
Underlined: Now you're just being condescending.

1.) I ask it because you haven't given a satisfactory answer. Explain to me how you get good reads

@Zen, July, Circus, Acrostic: If you could please join me and all vote badwolf for me in your next post that'd be awesome. Us 5 will be L-1.
Underlined: Wait... What? Ok then.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
"...Badwolf as an IC point of view, I have to say that you're not going to get good reads without getting a bit argumentative...Please answer this:
Badwolf said:
'huh. Where on earth is this coming from?'

Furthermore, in your last post (156), you just stated that you believe one of us is scum:
I find scum is flipping between one of you two. He has posts that I don't like then you post something that I don't like.
yet you have had both of us as town reads:
Zen: Null-town

Acro: Null-scum

The heck man. I feel like you're not even trying :urg:. I suspect it's because you're tired of getting scum."

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Adum#153 said:
Xonar I already answered, and it's on the basis of his RVS conduct, specifically how ridiculously comfortable he was in our interaction in spite of how fundamentally incendiary it was.
"How does this at all show the he was comfortable with it:
Adum said:
xonar, you think we can let x1 join the scumclub?
Xonar said:
He didn't play along at all. This is his only response to your rvs scumbuddies bit. He immediately denies it. How does this show comfortableness?"

Xonar#151 said:
You added an etc. So let's just work with those 3 posts.

In post 85, I do not incriminate you for your posting style.
In post 102, I do not incriminate you for your posting style.
In post 106, I do not incriminate you for your posting style.

Now, how did I "target" you for it?
"Firstly you're mistaking the word 'target'. I never said 'incriminate' although I do believe you were trying to lead up to that. Target as in you honed in on it as a topic. Now as to why I feel you you were trying to lead up to incriminating me was, for one, the fact that you called me out on being "antagonizing" as if you were trying to imply that my posting style had something to do with my alignment. Second of all, it was such an immediate call-out. Like I have been saying, you weren't putting any thought into it, you just targeted it to target it.
To put this into context:
Quote:
when I can simply find it annoying when you post like that? (like that includes the thought flow and the whole "role-playing" ordeal.)
I don't see how this imply that I don't understand your thought process. You are the one who implied I don't, right here:
Ok, I can take that I'm misinterpreting this here. What do you mean by my though flow being annoying?
What I was looking for with Circus is, like I said to July, crystal clear. I wanted to know why he was voting Adumb.
The reasoning for this is because, at the point of me asking the question, it would've objectively been better to vote Acrostic instead of Adumb, for the pressure and for the fact that Adumb's replies were good. This is why I asked him why he was still voting Adumb, because it was surprising to me that he wasn't voting Acrostic (when his own post hinted towards him being more suspicious of Acrostic than Adumb) and to get a feel on his thought process.
This is such BS. As I have said he was clearly looking at both of them during that time. He had just made a response to adum and had shown that he was trying to get him to talk. For you to ask this so early in the game in order "to understand why he was hurpdurp voting him" is bs and you know it. Furthermore, your quote that you quoted below this once again shows contradiction your statement about not wanting him to switch to Acro. There was no initial and secondary thought. It's all the same thing. It's so clear that you simply slipped up haha.
As to why I asked you to stop your play style, that's a reasoning I'd like to keep hush-hush at the moment.
Haha no you don't get to do this. What you were trying to determine if I was faking a restriction? What you have some hunger gambit that has to do with restrictions? Out with it bro n_n."

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
"...Badwolf as an IC point of view, I have to say that you're not going to get good reads without getting a bit argumentative...Please answer this:

'huh. Where on earth is this coming from?'

Furthermore, in your last post (156), you just stated that you believe one of us is scum:
yet you have had both of us as town reads:

The heck man. I feel like you're not even trying :urg:. I suspect it's because you're tired of getting scum."
Underlined: My brain? I liked his posts at the first read.

Bolded: Yeah, I know this sounds like a ****ty excuse, but when I posted that I was extremely tired from a 7 hour drive after my uncle's funeral. So can you cut me some slack just this once?

Italics: I'm not scum again. That would have been really improbable.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
"What did you like about his posts is what I would like to know. There's no way you should have a "townie for life" on someone this early in the game.

Definitely not a good excuse. You'll have to make up for it by being townie and actually trying to read people's intentions. What are your reads on us then? And what do you think about the interaction between us?

@X1: I dig you, but man Xonar is more of a threat. I'd rather go him first."

Top Bottom