• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G3S #2 - The great famine | Indy wins!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I like this wagon. People who sheep it should provide a reason when they hop on it. Would be appreciated. Also please do it in a timely manner, I'm going to be V/LA and I don't know if internet is accessible.
Cause it's rvs, and sheeping wagons in RVS is awesome!

That is all.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Sorry to do this again... But I'll be V/LA again tomorrow for a funeral unfortunately. I might be on later tomorrow night, but I won't be on at all during the day unless I can find some quiet time with my phone.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus: Is avoiding an RVS vote something that you usually do? Or were you just following the trend? It's ok if it was the latter. Sometimes we unintentionally fall in line with the patterns others have unintentionally established.
I'm gonna go ahead and assume the language of this question ("avoiding an RVS vote?" Heh.) is the result of newborn paranoia of me due to EBR Mafia. I'm hoping you squash that soon.

Actual answer to your question: No. I just do whatever I want when a game starts—sometimes that involves voting for someone and sometimes it doesn't. I've never considered voting for someone in my first post to be a necessary step in a mafia game.

I like this wagon.
Oh man, look how calm Acro is. Clearly no scum here; move along, everybody.

Adum, who are you and Xonar thinking of killing toNight?

Awfully impolite of you to talk to Zen and Acrostic without even acknowledging my presence with so much as a scoff or a banal joke or anything, Adum. There must be a handful of people in this player list that you already know you want gone. Who are they?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
SangfroidWarrior has requested replacement due to RL stuff. I will contact Kataefi to replace her.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
xonar, you think we can let x1 join the scumclub?
Sorry Adumb, I'm afraid I misread my PM. Looks like I'm town.
Well that's...awful. Sorry to hear that.

Adum, who are you and Xonar thinking of killing toNight?
As for Circus, as you can see, I am town. No nightkill to think of.

Zen, please drop that writing style. It makes it more annoying to read you.

However, looking into it is pointless since there is a pit of wifom open that can be opened and it isn't really worth weighing given relationship tells are really the weakest and least informative way to approach the game early on.
Honestly, early on, weak tells are the best you have. Why oppose it?

When I said "Go with the flow" I meant in a way that don't instigate too much disagreement. I don't get good reads that way.
Elaborate, please.

Vote: Ramen King

Also, Circus, you underestimate Acrostic. Believe me.

Additionally, I need to run some numbers, then reread. Gimme some time.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Sorry Adumb, I'm afraid I misread my PM. Looks like I'm town.
Awww, brah, brah. Don't worry though, just do what I did, yell at gheb until he finally gives you a scum role pm.

If he objects, remind him of his many tactical failures, especially when he lost that Pegasus knight. He usually breaks down in tears around that point.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Alright team I'm here finally, kinda expecting more posts in this game when I finally got here tbh but whatever.

2.) Not really. I do have a mind of my own and intend fully to follow it. I do not plan on being anyone's sheep. When I said "Go with the flow" I meant in a way that don't instigate too much disagreement. I don't get good reads that way.
How do you get good reads then? If you've never been town then how do you know instigating disagreement doesn't get you good reads?

xonar, you think we can let x1 join the scumclub?
Were you trying to get a feel on Xonar or just buddy me? If the former explain your thought process which led you to asking this question, if the latter then explain why

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Also, Circus, you underestimate Acrostic. Believe me.
I guess it's not clear that I was being 100% sarcastic with my Acrostic comment, so allow me to clarify.

I was being 100% sarcastic with my Acrostic comment.

Vote: Adumbrodeus

Brb, gonna go skim carefully dissect some of Adum's old games to see if this bro-tastic demeanor is as transparent as it seems.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Actually, **** all that noise. Trying to find games in which specific people participated in the archive is not how I want to spend my time.

Cutting to the chase instead, Adum, can I expect to see some actual scumhunting from you now that the Xonar scumbuddy gag is dead? I've been waiting for you to stop being deliberately unhelpful and it hasn't happened yet.

I more or less found it interesting that adumb & Xonar claimed hydra with Swiss and then Badwolf inquired if Swiss was in the game or not. However, looking into it is pointless since there is a pit of wifom open that can be opened and it isn't really worth weighing given relationship tells are really the weakest and least informative way to approach the game early on.
Was gonna leave this alone since Zen already touched on it, but in case you feel like that's worth ignoring, here's a direct question: What is your goal with your posts so far? You bring up a point of discussion to call it "interesting" and seem to allude to it being useful for finding potential connections, then drop it as pointless wifom. What was your intent there?

How do you get good reads then? If you've never been town then how do you know instigating disagreement doesn't get you good reads?
Give this man a medal.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Circus, we dealt with this last game we played. RVS is the most useful phase in the game for scumhunting and you just ruined it.

I honestly don't get why dgames developed this "lets end rvs as soon as possible" meta, but it's incredibly stupid.

Were you trying to get a feel on Xonar or just buddy me? If the former explain your thought process which led you to asking this question, if the latter then explain why
Intended to get a feel on both of you, thought process was that it was it was the kind of thing that i could only get away with saying in RVS and it was incendiary enough to draw a revealing response from you if either of you were scum. Why'd I ask you two? Because you're both reasonably skilled and gaining an insight on you two would be useful, plus i actually have/had a level of rapport with both of you.

Now, you understood I was actually looking for information using rvs, why'd you end it early?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Circus, if you re-read you'll see that Zen asked me to provide an example of how Swiss's involvement would potentially be useful. In response, I humored him and told him some ideas that were on my mind. I think that my explanation was already self-explanatory. Xonar & adumb both claimed to be in a hydra with Swiss, badwolf inquired about Swiss being in the game. If badwolf was mafia with Xonar|adumb, then you would think that he would know that they were joking or clarify it on their own thread. Pragmatically speaking, this doesn't get us far, nor is it substantial. In addition, there is nothing to indicate that mafia wouldn't feign such an interaction or would have close communication at this point in the game. However, if you wanted to consider how it could have been useful there are probably even more possibilities, whether they are substantial is a completely different story.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Voted |
Voter(s)
|
Votes to lynch

Acrostic |
Ramen King, adumbrodeus​
|
2 / 6​

Ramen King |
Xonar​
|
1 / 6​

adumbrodeus |
Circus​
|
1 / 6​

---​

Not voting: X1-12, Gorf, July, Acrostic, SangfroidWarrior, -Masquerain-, Badwolf;

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Was gonna leave this alone since Zen already touched on it, but in case you feel like that's worth ignoring, here's a direct question: What is your goal with your posts so far?
My goal in my posts has been to catch scum. General questions get general answers.

Circus out of curiosity, which is more important to you. My explanation for some of my actions early in this game or the explanation other people provide for reasons as to why I've made the moves I have this game. If I told you that you could only pick one, which one would you find more beneficial for the game overall?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus, we dealt with this last game we played. RVS is the most useful phase in the game for scumhunting and you just ruined it.

Okay, drama queen. You're puffin' smoke, but that's fine (actually, it's not).

I honestly don't get why dgames developed this "lets end rvs as soon as possible" meta, but it's incredibly stupid.
You may recall that I was actually playing along with you at first. I only turned srs bsns on you when you made a point of barring the discussion that could have gone on between us during RVS by flat-out ignoring me. Or would you argue that RVS is only useful when you (like, you specifically) can control exactly what kind of information comes out of it?

Intended to get a feel on both of you, thought process was that it was it was the kind of thing that i could only get away with saying in RVS and it was incendiary enough to draw a revealing response from you if either of you were scum. Why'd I ask you two? Because you're both reasonably skilled and gaining an insight on you two would be useful, plus i actually have/had a level of rapport with both of you.
This is it? You're claiming I ruined your chance to "get a feel" on Xonar and X1? They both responded to you! You got what you wanted, didn't you? I fail to see how my posts could have jeopardized anything you would claim you were attempting to do. If that scumbuddy gag was your best/only way of trying to get a read on Xonar or X1, then I can safely say you're doing it wrong. Just play the game; cooperate; adapt. If my silly little posts ruined your chance to read a couple of players, then you need a new strategy.

Circus, if you re-read you'll see that Zen asked me to provide an example of how Swiss's involvement would potentially be useful.
But you're omitting the important part that prompted Zen to ask you that in the first place, which was this post by you, suggesting that there would have been a sizable benefit to what you then immediately deem pointless.

My issue here is that you created and defeated the same point. This suggests that you're not really taking active steps toward a goal line here. You're just talking to talk.

Circus out of curiosity, which is more important to you. My explanation for some of my actions early in this game or the explanation other people provide for reasons as to why I've made the moves I have this game. If I told you that you could only pick one, which one would you find more beneficial for the game overall?
Nice try. But next time, ask a real question if you want a real answer. This false dichotomy stuff ain't flyin'. I'll take your explanations and others' into account because that's how the game works. Holding what you say up to the light alongside the commentary of others is how you sniff out the bull****.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Vote: Acrostic
I like this wagon.
[collapse="CircusQuote"]
But you're omitting the important part that prompted Zen to ask you that in the first place, which was this post by you, suggesting that there would have been a sizable benefit to what you then immediately deem pointless.

My issue here is that you created and defeated the same point. This suggests that you're not really taking active steps toward a goal line here. You're just talking to talk.
[/collapse]

This is basically what I was getting at when I asked "Why oppose it?". It wasn't clear if you were opposing it or supporting it, so elaboration was due.

Circus, why is your vote still on Adumb?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Circus, if you re-read you'll see that Zen asked me to provide an example of how Swiss's involvement would potentially be useful. In response, I humored him and told him some ideas that were on my mind. I think that my explanation was already self-explanatory. Xonar & adumb both claimed to be in a hydra with Swiss, badwolf inquired about Swiss being in the game. If badwolf was mafia with Xonar|adumb, then you would think that he would know that they were joking or clarify it on their own thread. Pragmatically speaking, this doesn't get us far, nor is it substantial. In addition, there is nothing to indicate that mafia wouldn't feign such an interaction or would have close communication at this point in the game. However, if you wanted to consider how it could have been useful there are probably even more possibilities, whether they are substantial is a completely different story.
"You asked me why I told him and stated that we could have gotten information from it. You have yet to give an example of how we could have. So far you have only explained a tell that had already happened (that badwolf would have known swiss wasn't in the game if he were scumbuds with one of them). He had already made that tell by asking if he was in the game. How could you have further gotten information had I not informed him that Swiss wasn't in the game?"

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Silly Zen, of course it was intentional, whatever it was.

I'm a scum genius remember, it's all part of xonar, my, and swiss' glorious to make you think we're town and create lynches on other people.

*whispers* So what was the towntell anyway?

Acrostic looks silly, wagons on silly people are fun.

vote: Acrostic
How is it that he is able to read my mind? Is my consciousness so powerful that it is overflowing into the wired? If this is the case, I must be more careful with what I think...

Testing..Testing.. Can anyone here me?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
Zen stared blankly at his companion.

How strange of him. It may be more difficult for me to put him aside than I had wanted. What reason could he have for demanding such a thing? To look as if he is guiltless and a figure of authority? His #98 was quite strange as well. Why did he ask Circus such a question, when clearly Circus has been looking at both adum and acrostic. Very, very strange. I must doubt that my friend is an ally this game.

"Xonar, it seems that tell you told me about is true. n_n."

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
"Tell me where you find harm n_n. I'd love to hear. Simply posting my thoughts in yellow with quotation marks changes nothing about the content within them. For you to try and latch onto such minute things is silly, weak, and scummy."

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The antagonizing thing is denying a request by a fellow player. If it disturbs that player without you intending it to, then it's not a problem. Said player requests you to stop, yet you continue, simply because you can not discern the motive.

That's being an antagonist.

You proceed to vote me without having a single scum tell laid out, you're simply missing information and can not discern my motive.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Last piece of the puzzle: explain to me how asking you to stop is scummy when I can simply find it annoying when you post like that?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
"I told you I would be posting in such a way before the game even started n_n. It has helped me to catch scum off guard before, and I feel it is doing the same right now.

What is scummy about you:

-You target my posting style without even considering how it is troublesome. You have yet to state how it is so. This leads me to believe that you were just targeting something you felt was easy to target. You have not truly looked at my "thought flow". You had not even let me posts enough to know if you could understand my thought process. You just went for it immediately without any sort of analysis. In reality, changing the color of my posts does not affect anything about what I'm saying haha.

-You're already pretty jumpy. Your question to Circus about why he is voting adum had no real thought behind it just like you asking me to stop my posting style has no real thought behind it. You quickly felt the need to state that it was a real question right after you asked him because you realized your mistake and that fake that there was no thought behind the question.

You're scum man.
"

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I don't remember you telling me, in that case.

Your points are far from good, though.

First off, you say that I'm targeting your post style. Am I, though?
Not to mention, you note how I can not understand your thought process yet, yet you assume you know my thought process. That makes no sense.

You also say I'm 'jumpy'. You say there is no real thought behind it, which only goes to prove that you have not yet grasped my thought process, not that I expect you to at this point, but you think you have, which is weird, considering you're stating that there hasn't been enough time for me to grasp your thought process. How can you already have deduced mine?

I stated it's a serious question because Circus could interpet it as me asking him to vote Acrostic, which it is not.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Bulletpoints:

1. I continued this particular discussion so I could get a read on you.

2. I actually forgot to respond to that.

3. This is a tangent that really belongs in the mafia theory thread, but in my opinion the sum of rvs is the best way to get reads in this game on everyone. What I did personally was part of it, but with a reasonably long rvs there would've been plenty more for me to analyze, but the best doesn't mean the only.

Anyway, reads:

xonar: leaning town

Circus: Town

Acrostic: scum

And that's it for now.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Adum stop trying to buddy me.

Now, you understood I was actually looking for information using rvs, why'd you end it early?
@Bold: Are we scum? From your most recent post you say Xonar is leaning town, explain this read

@Underlined: I, and I'm pretty sure every single player other than you gets better reads when not in RVS. Its not something I care for and I prefer to just get on with the game.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
@Bold: Are we scum? From your most recent post you say Xonar is leaning town, explain this read
What do you gain by Adumb explaining his read? Town reads are not relevant to others, especially not at this stage of the game. If he thought you were scum, he would've had you in his list as scum.

@Xonar: explain what you mean by the bolded? this was the second line of your first post
Was referring to my first line.

Top Bottom