• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~G~Y~G~O~--August 15th, 2009--

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Wait, when is Melee? I'm going to try to put my springs back between matches so I can use my Brawl controller for Melee (since my normal Melee controller's L button is getting stuck lately).
Melee's gonna start at 2:30 (don't worry about the springs).

Xyless

Smash Master
ah, but I need the springs. Can't partial shield without them! And it doesn't take that long to take out/replace the springs.

Sumer

Smash Ace
I think I might just take a train to Ann Arbor in the morning, but there isn't one before 11:23 am, and it arrives at 12:29 pm. If my partner is already there and signs me up for doubles can I show up like 5-10 minutes late since it'll take about that long to walk from the station to the venue. I really want to get to this, but I want to play in doubles and singles, so can one of the hosts answer this question?

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
What time are you guys gonna be there to set up? I'm gonna be there probably around 10:30 because my dad has to see a client around 11 in Jackson and Ann Arbor is sort of on the way. I mean I don't want to be there for an hour with no one there so. Just asking.

hateoni__

Smash Journeyman
I think I might just take a train to Ann Arbor in the morning, but there isn't one before 11:23 am, and it arrives at 12:29 pm. If my partner is already there and signs me up for doubles can I show up like 5-10 minutes late since it'll take about that long to walk from the station to the venue. I really want to get to this, but I want to play in doubles and singles, so can one of the hosts answer this question?
try to get here as fast as possible =P

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you should also probably call your teammate to let them know exactly when you're going to be there. lack of precision is your enemy.

okiyama

Smash Ace
I'm bringing a Wii with brawl and melee but there's a chance I'll leave somewhat early.

No melee dubs makes me a sad panda, only one tourney for me ;(

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
MY BAD GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

parking meters arent free on saturdays lolz, only on sundays

no one ever listen to me again

@azure- cant go for dubs, but maybeee for singles

Xyless

Smash Master
I was going to say, parking meters aren't free on Saturdays (would be a bad move on Ann Arbor's part since that's football day).

The cheapest place to park in the area is the parking structure on Washington to the west of State (I don't remember its exact address, but it's a block north of Digital Ops, I think on Washington/4th). It's $2 for the whole day. I know there's another one on Ann/Ashley that's about the same amount, but I don't know how far away that is.

It's a decently long walk from there (~20 minutes), but having a flat price is very nice in my opinion. You could also park in the parking structure on Forest Ave (between S University and Hill), but it isn't anywhere as cheap. I tend to park in the one on Forest so I don't have to go out and repay for parking at meters. Plus I don't have that much change on me. A good road to park on for available meters, in my many experiences on campus, is either Tappan or Oakland. Just keep your eyes open, basically.

I'll get more details, but I'll post this before my computer freezes again.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
If you're bold like me, you'd park in that gravel lot by Panda's apartment, in the back of the drive way between the two houses directly beside GYGO. Of course, I haven't been up there in nine months or so, so things may have changed by now.

I ain't paying for parking, suckers... :lick: I mean, I never did when I was up in Ann Arbor frequently. I'm not attending this.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Mind if I record some matches on a random wii? didnt say i was gonna come till now but yeh

Severest

Smash Cadet
Lol yeah, I already got there a little early, just killing some time in the library. So when does it open? 11:30 or 12:00?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll expect to see results and surprise placements. =P

Sigh, I lost count on how many MI tourneys I missed.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'll expect to see results and surprise placements. =P

Sigh, I lost count on how many MI tourneys I missed.
Melee Singles top 2
- 1st M2K
- 2nd Shaeden

Brawl Doubles top 3
- 1st M2K/Judge
- 2nd Anther/Lain
- 3rd Panda/Mikey L.

thats all i know
word on the streets of aa is that m2k is there. Can't wait to see vids - sucks I had to work.
He is here and i had to play him in Brawl and Melee :urg:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Almost glad that I didn't go.... almost. Looks like M2K will win all three events.... THAT'S NOT SURPRISING ENOUGH!!! D=<

Xyless

Smash Master
Glad to see my Jiggs is getting there in Melee, even though I haven't really practiced her. I'll finally be able to stop using Mewtwo soon.

My Peach is dead though.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Quick better Melee Results:

1: M2K (go figure.)
2: Shaeden
3: Mikey Lenetia
4: SCOTU
5: Anther
5: Moose
7: Bowyer
7: lain