• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G&W Broken, Definately.

Sonic XD

Smash Ace
Ok, so I played against a lvl 9 wolf with G&W. Wolf got only 1 KO, and G&W kicked his @$$. I would say that G&W is definately top tier now.

sgt. fuzz

Smash Cadet
Computers don't determine tier lists. Humans can use moves much more effectively with every character.

napZzz

Smash Hero
He probably will, but I'm kind of wishing he wont be because then he might become a noob character that everyone uses..

Farnsworth

Smash Cadet
O.o Most likely high tier. But I agree, I don't want him to be a character that noobs start to flock to.

P.S.-Computers don't determine anything.

Mizar

Smash Ace
My bro has a noob G&W but I still have a hard time beating him with my wolf. I do win though, but his constant c-stick smash spamming is so annoying. Also, did G&W got WAY faster lagwise?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My bro has a noob G&W but I still have a hard time beating him with my wolf. I do win though, but his constant c-stick smash spamming is so annoying. Also, did G&W got WAY faster lagwise?
At least his D-air has a LOT less lag. His N-air autocancels, and his B-air is the broken approach.

His dodges have less lag too IIRC.

G&W never had all that much lag with smashes, however his Smashes are MASSIVELY stronger. They were already really strong in Melee. It's just his D-smash sucked because you needed to sweetspot it. His D-smash doesn't need to be sweetspotted anymore to kill. It's just way too all round strong. If you get hit by it, IT WILL FREAKING KILL YOU. Either off to the side potentially gimping you (especially if you're a character with short recovery like Wolf or Ike), or it will star KO you.

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
O.o Most likely high tier. But I agree, I don't want him to be a character that noobs start to flock to.

P.S.-Computers don't determine anything.
Agreed. This is somewhat why I use G&W. Right now he's very underestimated by casuals (and even some pros), and it likely wont stay that way. Keep off my G&W, n00bs!

HammerWang

Smash Apprentice
lol ****
i wish g&w was still the character thats just short of the lime light :[
but w/e i guess theres gunna be alot of g&w users jus because hes uber-tier now :p

Christova

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I played against a lvl 9 wolf with G&W. Wolf got only 1 KO, and G&W kicked his @$$. I would say that G&W is definately top tier now.
>_<

If that's so, then Zelda's definitely also broken.

Computers definitely don't determine tier lists. If they did, then I think we'd have Pit in the bottom tier.

Astrax

Smash Rookie
G&W is definitely one of the best, if not the best (and most broken) character in brawl. After my friend who never playerd brawl before and my cousin won me some games with him, i will definitely start using him :p
I mean, his moves are broken in almost every aspect

CyberGlitch

Smash Journeyman
His laggy moves now were laggy in Brawl because they couldn't be L-Canceled. Now no L-Canceling is the norm, giving him a bit of an advantage.

Also, fast characters (a weakness of his in the last game) have been slowed down considerably. He really hasn't slowed down much at all.

In this sense he's been buffed by everyone else being downgraded.

Even with that in mind, though, he's not broken. He's still very light, and he still has weaknesses (trouble with Marth and Ike for example). The game isn't so much about having a powerful or top tier character anymore. It's about learning the other characters' weaknesses and using mindgames (not that Melee wasn't about these too, but a "top tier" character tended to be most important for victory because of the absurd advantages they had. Brawl is a much more "limited" game which limits the advantage one character can have over another).

G&W is successful against other opponents because they don't understand his weaknesses yet. He also owns most campers, destroying certain peoples strategies).

The_Subhuman

Smash Rookie
With the increasing popularity of the "Reverse Aerial Rush" technique from the transition from Melee to Brawl combined with a broken Bair makes Game and Watch look very sexy :D

OmegaWai

Smash Rookie
There's no way n00bs will flock to G&W, simply because he's not a pretty boy with a sword/bow nor a hot woman with a whip.

Most n00bs are casuals, and wouldn't be caught dead using "way too kiddy" characters. It always turns out to be a Pit VS Pit VS Ike VS Ike, with some Marth and Link tossed along the way.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Today i casually picked G&W and played my friend. Mind you I had never played the brawl G&W or watched any video of him (due to his suckiness in melee) I owned him. I couldn't beat him with my main (Pokemon Trainer) but with a guy who i picked for fun. His recovery is amazing, his turtle and fishbowl are broken. My approach is nigh unstopable. G&W will be low high or high mid tier atleast.

cowsmoo71

Smash Rookie
2nd melee?

This discussion reminds me about, melee, a totally screwed up, broken tier list with cheap broken characters at the top for their metagames will increse at a much more faster pace then the low tiers. I think the tiers get more uneven every game, wait till the 4th one :urg: .
But, i could be wrong.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
In Melee G&W could only L-Cancel 2 of his aeriels... so people were used to having to deal with the lag. So now the old G&W Mains are good because they are used to not being able to L-Cancel alot of moves.

cowsmoo71

Smash Rookie
GaW is broken. But not as much as Pit. It looks like GaW is gonna be one of those cheap characters that everyone goes to. Pit also, but casuals would play Pit more.
Great, more being called a tourney f@6.

cutter

Smash Champion
GaW is broken. But not as much as Pit. It looks like GaW is gonna be one of those cheap characters that everyone goes to. Pit also, but casuals would play Pit more.
Great, more being called a tourney f@6.
lolwat? Pit was completely overrated at launch time; how is he more broken than G&W?

-Does he have one of the best attacks and approaches in the game?
-Does he have a move that not only stops projectiles, but PUNISHES spamming of them?
-Does he have a throw that allows deadly techchasing?
-Does he have ridiculously powerful smashes?
-Do Pit's aerials have massive, lingering disjointed hitboxes?

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I find it weird how G&W can kill every character at 80% with his Down and Forward smash and some of his hitboxes just seem weird to me.

but the world keeps turning.

YoshiGame'nLucas

Smash Rookie
Stupid Sonic!!! Tiers r 4 queers!!!
nah but computers usually suck worse than humans and it also matters if your good with the character:psycho:

cutter

Smash Champion
I find it weird how G&W can kill every character at 80% with his Down and Forward smash and some of his hitboxes just seem weird to me.

but the world keeps turning.
The Dsmash has such deceptive range because there are invisible hitboxes outside the hammers. My friends get so angry when they're hit by a tipper Dsmash but they just hit the area out of it.

Then again, check out Snake's Ftilt and Utilt. They have sick range that defies the laws of physics! :urg:

Top Bottom