• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

G-rev Monthly VI, March 6th, Connor's B-day tourney!!!!!! Bring setups!

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
aaaaaaaaaand i would LOVE to hear the stories hugs has about girls, the smash community, and getting jacked
me too!

ALSO. cameron is a cute guy (yes homo)
hahahahahahahahahah "no hetero"

edit: i havent met russell, but charles has the most game i know (if he didnt already have a gf)
i dunno about the MOST game (from what i hear, dave pulls em off the bench all day) but i can get by ;]

girls are trouble =(
word

HugS™

Smash Lord
aaaaaaaaaand i would LOVE to hear the stories hugs has about girls, the smash community, and getting jacked. as far as 949 goes (since we go after guys so much) i FEEL like we have the decency (at least the people i know well) to not try and hit on some girl that we know is a friends :p

ALSO. cameron is a cute guy (yes homo) and i think he has to be at like 50% of his game to "make sure she doesnt get jacked"....

AND i didnt read this last page so if we're past this... my bad.

OH. AND lol at hugs saying watch out for "respectable smash players" hitting on girls... as if smash skills have ANYTHING to do with getting with girls. "hey baby, im #2 on socal PR. get at my ****"

edit: i havent met russell, but charles has the most game i know (if he didnt already have a gf)
At the first thing:
No one tries jacking a friend's girlfriend. That's not what goes down.

Next, looks don't mean ****. Understand that.

Third, LOL don't be a douche. Read between the lines.
I said respectable smashers just to refer to men at tournaments. I meant respectable men at tournaments. And your skill in smash does have something to do with it. Have you ever wondered why the girls in the smash community tend to gravitate towards well known/skilled/respected players? LoL it's not by coincidence...

A woman seeks a man of status and value. If a man can attain this within the smash community, and the woman is involved in the community to a certain extent, then she will not be adverse to his attention.

Status doesn't just come from being great at the game, but it sure helps. And using your status is not done in the way that you suspect. DSF NEVER said "ay claire, I'm ranked #2 in Socal, wanna go out?". Lucky never said "Ay Cathy, I just won the tournament, check me out. Wanna go to a movie sometime?"

They didn't have to say a d*** word. It's more discrete than that. Not that it's the ONLY thing that matters, but the pull a man in power has is ridiculous.

If you think you're immune from this just because you're decent looking and you and your baby have been saying "I love you" for 2 years now, you got a lot to learn.

You don't HAVE to be amazing to not get jacked either. If your girl doesn't give a **** about the game/community, you're safe. Or, if you suck **** but everyone likes you and respects you (Dunskies), then no one will try anything AND your girl won't feel like you're pathetic compared to everyone else. She'll respect you just the same as if you were top 3 in the world, because everyone else respects you even though you suck.

Sorry to say this, but GSUB doesn't have that kind of pull, and I don't think his game is that solid. And I base this opinion 100% on the posts he's been putting on this thread. And don't say GSUB was just joking. I know he was joking. But jokes have a way of giving off information.

"B-b-b-b-but... but.. I have a big ****."- GSUB. That's a joke that stems from insecurity.

"I want a sandwich,
Better make it quick.
I sure am hungry though,
so make it as big as my d***" - Romeo to Mike's Mom. That's a joke that stems from confidence.

There's a HUGE difference. The fact that you even felt the need to clarify that you were joking tells me I'm right.

Rey Ganon

Smash Rookie
45 min?? that is not far, i would drive to SF or san jose for all the tournies in norcal, 1 1/2 hours normally

so cal needs to stop whining if they are traveling an hour or less, but 805 is allowed to whine when going to SD

all this girl talk just makes me LOL
I was joking, I know it's not too far haha.

Also, this girl talk makes me lol too. Silly boys chasing girls :p

GSUB

Smash Lord
I think being good at this game gives you confidence also,
which can be carried into life outside of smash.

And girls feed off confidence.
I can't really argue with anything HugS is saying, it's all true really.
I just have to use my game, and my confidence, and a bit of hope, ahaha.

And the joke Hugo, I was trying to go somewhere with it, but then I couldn't make it, so I just forced it really, like half of my posts (which is what usually makes them so bad).

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Cameron, I think your occasional forays into the modesto thread is having a contagious effect on your posting habits.

Also this conversation got way too serious for my liking :p

rus s0uL

Smash Apprentice
Personality & how you handle yourself is what truly matters. Smash rep doesn't mean **** if you're an introverted individual, not talking & keeping to yourself won't make anything happen. Even if you're #1 on the PR, that power/repuation ain't gonna get girls to like you. Your character & social skills is what will get you noticed.

Cam-man, bring your girl. Everyone can go **** themselves lol. I suspect jealousy within this thread towards smashers who actually are capable of getting women. Freakin hilarious.

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Everyone has either said GSUB has got this, expressed how dumb it is to steal someones girl, said this thread is funny, or hasn't really showed an interest on the matter. Except for HugS.

I don't know HugS, but from what I know OF him I doubt he is jealous.

Just sayin :/

Incronaut

Smash Ace
At the first thing:
No one tries jacking a friend's girlfriend. That's not what goes down.

Next, looks don't mean ****. Understand that.

Third, LOL don't be a douche. Read between the lines.
I said respectable smashers just to refer to men at tournaments. I meant respectable men at tournaments. And your skill in smash does have something to do with it. Have you ever wondered why the girls in the smash community tend to gravitate towards well known/skilled/respected players? LoL it's not by coincidence...

A woman seeks a man of status and value. If a man can attain this within the smash community, and the woman is involved in the community to a certain extent, then she will not be adverse to his attention.

Status doesn't just come from being great at the game, but it sure helps. And using your status is not done in the way that you suspect. DSF NEVER said "ay claire, I'm ranked #2 in Socal, wanna go out?". Lucky never said "Ay Cathy, I just won the tournament, check me out. Wanna go to a movie sometime?"

They didn't have to say a d*** word. It's more discrete than that. Not that it's the ONLY thing that matters, but the pull a man in power has is ridiculous.

If you think you're immune from this just because you're decent looking and you and your baby have been saying "I love you" for 2 years now, you got a lot to learn.

You don't HAVE to be amazing to not get jacked either. If your girl doesn't give a **** about the game/community, you're safe. Or, if you suck **** but everyone likes you and respects you (Dunskies), then no one will try anything AND your girl won't feel like you're pathetic compared to everyone else. She'll respect you just the same as if you were top 3 in the world, because everyone else respects you even though you suck.

Sorry to say this, but GSUB doesn't have that kind of pull, and I don't think his game is that solid. And I base this opinion 100% on the posts he's been putting on this thread. And don't say GSUB was just joking. I know he was joking. But jokes have a way of giving off information.

"B-b-b-b-but... but.. I have a big ****."- GSUB. That's a joke that stems from insecurity.

"I want a sandwich,
Better make it quick.
I sure am hungry though,
so make it as big as my d***" - Romeo to Mike's Mom. That's a joke that stems from confidence.

There's a HUGE difference. The fact that you even felt the need to clarify that you were joking tells me I'm right.
all i have to say about ALL of this, because im a very serious man, is two things:

1. i STILL want to hear some stories.

and

2. but my ***** is HUGE!!!... shuttup >.<
.....i hope girls go for my .75 inch **** :/

get at my confidence. :D

lol :p but about the me being a douche thing, i TOTALLY misread that... and now im lollerskating.. AND then you turned it around on me.

Incronaut

Smash Ace
no, we totally forgot about the tournament. it isn't important.
can you guys PLEASE talk about this on the tourney thread?? thanks...

oh wait a sec...

on a side note: after watching fly, i really want to try ice climbers.. but im sure theyre a lot more frustrating than fly makes them look

Rey Ganon

Smash Rookie
no, we totally forgot about the tournament. it isn't important.
I wonder what Stab thinks about all this...

Either way, I'm pretty hyped. Looking forward to doubles, and no one better count my Ganon out in singles either!

Rey Ganon

Smash Rookie
You would probably get to play more in singles, so I say go for that. I'd go for doubles just because my partner and I have been putting in some training time.

a rookie

Smash Ace
You would probably get to play more in singles, so I say go for that. I'd go for doubles just because my partner and I have been putting in some training time.
Yeah we have! Our team is too good either if we win or lose, haha =D
But yup, I'm hyped for this tournament! Get hype Cali<3333

Btw, I think I can bring 2 gamecube's Stabb's, just letting you know ;D
Put me down as, "A Rookie" not "A rookie" xD Lmao!

Incronaut

Smash Ace
Yeah we have! Our team is too good either if we win or lose, haha =D
But yup, I'm hyped for this tournament! Get hype Cali<3333

Btw, I think I can bring 2 gamecube's Stabb's, just letting you know ;D
Put me down as, "A Rookie" not "A rookie" xD Lmao!
i dont understand your name... is Rookie supposed to be a name not related to the word rookie at all?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
A Rookie, i will never forget to capitalize your name, ever.

or i'll have to face the wrath of mario

Kira-

Smash Champion
Only a man with first-hand experience could understand so much about the intricacies of attraction. The question is, which side of it was Hugo on? ;)

i dunno about the MOST game (from what i hear, dave pulls em off the bench all day) but i can get by ;]
Dunno where you heard that from but I'm cool with that =P

i feel like there may be multiple meanings here. hmmm
Haha that's actually NOT the story of my life. I just felt like saying it.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Little England instead of MM at Nice Shot Hugo, Let's MM at this tournament instead!

My marth vs your fox, falco and falcon right?

- JKUN (No longer use that name anymoe)

SamDvds

Smash Ace
I'm coming to this but only for singles....being that all my crew is in the Midwest i never can snag a team mate for these socal things sooooo ill get there around 2'ish and hopefully some tvs will be available for warm-ups (and i need it i havent played in 2 months >.<)

Rey Ganon

Smash Rookie
Whoo, today is the day. As I said before, I am most likely going to be cutting it close on time, but I have a Saturday morning class that ends when the tourney starts, so if I leave the class early, hopefully I can make it there around 12:40ish. Sorry about that, but I hope I can still play as many people as possible!

Top Bottom