• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

g and w cant beat him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaos

Smash Apprentice
i cant beat game n watch man. every tournament tis the same, i get beaten by some **** gandw player. any pointers?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Get inside his range and stay there as long as possible. He's slower than you, and he doesn't have all that much in terms of out of shield options.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
He has more than just dsmash after dthrow.... Jab grab is too good. Learn to tech the dthrow, seriously. It just takes practice, and it's well worth it.

And what Arc said, for emphasis >_>

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
If you're in the throw animation, automatically try to tech, more than likely the G&W will try to get the dthrow.

Also, try blaster to DAC. It should be beneficial, if he tries to bucket it.

cutter

Smash Champion
You don't have to worry about Dthrow-Dsmash at all. Wolf is too heavy to actually be hit by it. Even if you don't tech the throw you can still buffer a roll to easily escape a Dsmash.

Jab to regrab is also avoided by teching as well.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wolfs bair beats G&Ws bair...you don't even have to stay inside of G&Ws range since his Fsmash is the only move that outranges Wolfs bair IIRC. Just SH Away if he uses a move and bair. G&W has to approach, don't forget that. And avoid lags, since all his KO moves have at least 10 frames startup lag IIRC

§witch

Smash Lord
Everything except this has been said: Don't follow him offstage, ever.

DAC is short for DACUS which means: Dash Attack Canceled into Up Smash.

The control input is: Dash, down c-stick and immediately after, Up+Z.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
its hard to say how to beat a G&W cause they all have different tendencies
first when i play i play safe to see what they like to do out of certain things.

-watch their tendencies after their down throw. don't just getup and attack, think about what theyre gonna do. are they gonna jab, and throw you again, are they gonna tech chase you, don't make rash decisions.

-what do they do after they smash. some if not most g&w like to chain their smashes. as in dsmash >fsmash. believe it or not they get alot of people

-his ability to get back on the stage is one of the best. make him work for it. when hes of the stage throw in some back airs, and an OCCASIONAL BLASTER.

-g&w likes to do dair, don't they? it is difficult to interrupt. i usually shield and wait for it to push me back. most of the time i don't try to punish, cause of the push. the best way i see to punish this bair in the air. obviously never going into the key.

-i find it easier if you make the g&w approach you and play your game. space the g&w with 0lag fairs and bairs. in this match up i prefer to use fairs, when g&w is on the ground, and bair when hes in the air. mixing it up only benefits you.

-G&W strong points are his smashes and his ability to tech chase you or read you after a throw. most g&w players are smart, think of your tendencies and change it up, cause most likely your opponent probably picked up on these tendencies.

-if you get bucketed or 9'ed the stun of it gives you a time to look for a place to tech, DI towards it and pray you can tech it.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
-g&w likes to do dair, don't they? it is difficult to interrupt. i usually shield and wait for it to push me back. most of the time i don't try to punish, cause of the push. the best way i see to punish this bair in the air. obviously never going into the key.
When I see the d-air coming I try to get the invisibility frames on the reflector so I can stop him. But if you do shield and it pushed you, check if your f-smash can hit him, sometimes it can, other times it can, you just need to know your ranges.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
When I see the d-air coming I try to get the invisibility frames on the reflector so I can stop him. But if you do shield and it pushed you, check if your f-smash can hit him, sometimes it can, other times it can, you just need to know your ranges.
the thing about the fsmash is he can power shield it or shield grab you. its highly punishable. if fsmash hits its a plus, but the risk/reward ratio favors the risk more.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
yea gnw is anyoing but my gnw matchup is actually really good unless i slack off,u have to have a grab game going against them,gnw users like to go up and come down with a stab,thats ur chance to grab them,shied the stab perfectly and then grab,use alota dairs also and dont try to get gnw alot with dsmash or fsmash only use it when u have a chance to kill,gnw could tear wolf apart on the ground game so what u do it press a 3 times he might sheild the first 2 but then let it go the last like always and after that usally they would jump so u jump before that and use fair and those are good ways to give damage and also u could make a fake like ur shooting the gun,but try not to use gun alot

fonzi21

Smash Ace
My friend who plays G&W uses the bair a lot for spacing, and usually approaches with it. Try to read the bair, and punish it with a retreating SH laser. eventually they will either get discouraged, and approach less with it, or begin to read the laser, and throw out the bucket. The bucket is what you want (just be careful about filling it up, and if you do make sure you remember they have it!). eventually once you see them throwing out buckets start faking the SH laser. Sometimes you can catch them throwing out a bucket in anticipation, and either punish with a Fsmash or do a dash grab. I forget who stated it earlier, but tempt the G&W to use his key, and powershield it for an easy shield grab. Use Bairs to quick Ftilts spacing it properly. Save your Dsmash and Usmash for kills only. don't try to use the Uair as much unless you know it will hit as G&W loves his key. Use the Fsmash as well for spacing usually when my friend approaches he will SH a bair at me and if i read it correctly I can space a Fsmash on him before he hits the ground so he cannot shield or air dodge it, because G&W's bair is out for a very short time if it does NOT connect with an opponent. Avoid the G&W running Usmash, and the Dsmash when at higher percents. Play defensive, and make G&W approach you for easy punishment. Try to get him discouraged from using the Bair, and bait out those buckets for easy hits, and grabs.

Don't try to ledge guard G&W much your recovery isn't great, and a fresh smash will kill at about 100-120% on G&W depending on your opponents DI.

This is what I do. Not sure how well it will work on your friend, but these are some things I do, and I usually win the match.

xINiiTrOI

Smash Cadet
Yeah my friend spams the back air with aproaches, and gnw bair pwns wolfs in rang and priority so u hav to wait on the ground. And wenever i shield it i get shieldstabbed out the ***. And whenever he connects w/ bair and the last frames of th attack dont hit, i dont get launch but i get stun and il get fsmashed. This is a really bad matcgup imo. Sorry for typos cause im typing on my iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom