• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future King DeDeDe users

Rocketspark

Smash Cadet
Dedede's probably going to be my second most-used character.
I want to try out a heavyweight this time around and get good with him.
Although, if I try forever and fail miserably, I've still got Pikachu to main and Wario to try.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
ima be using Meta knight as my main King DDD and secondary and kirby as a third. Order might change one who ever is better in the final release.

DREAMLAND CHARACTERS FTW!!!
For me, it might either be King Dedede or Kirby as MY main, and MEta Knight as my secondary... Of course, I'm going to play as Mario a lot, too.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
He is an option for a secondary heavy weight-class for me (honestly I try to be able to play a lot of characters [see sig])

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
think about it he has a gigantic jump, can throw an army of dreamland monsters(B+>) can shoot a giant blast from his mallet, is reletivly small, is as heavy as bowser, I've heard that he can float like Kirby only because of the training he did (GOOGLE IT), and was one of Sakuri's characters he created= HE'S GOING TO BE TOP TIER PLUS WE DON'T EVEN KNOW HIS FINAL SMASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xerck Xon Skyes

Smash Cadet
Dedede will denfinently be one of my used characters, as I love heavy characters. I am not sure if he will top my Ganon though.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
How many of you are planning to make King DeDeDe your future mains or secondaries (excluding the fact that he might be awful)? I know I am along side Link.
I think he's going to be my main big guy... otherwise it's a toss up between bowser and dk.

I really want to try him out, but it seems as though he is going to be heavy and most likely not very good.
IF Melee
Then
Heavy = much more difficult to be good with

If Brawl
Then
Heavy = Lightweight

I just hope he is able to suck up as one of his moves so he's more true to Dedede....
That was the first thing I thought when I saw the update.

lol - yea he looks pretty sweet - who do you all think would be most like him in melee? I've got a friend that wants to main him, but doesn't know how to play melee so I figured it'd be good to start her off with the most similar character from melee? What are your thoughts? I think he is going to be like ice climber/bowser with a little kirby too...
If he was a melee character I would give him the speed of bowser but the reach of dk...
From what I've seen, King Dedede is nothing like DK.
dk's tilts have some good reach... aka dedede's hammer

It does seems very good to me, not that good, but like Middle Tier, at least High Low.
Waaay to early to decide that... I'd like to think that dedede , kirby and metaKnight could all handle each other if in the hands of a skilled player.

So glad they added him in, other than Geno, Dedede was my most wanted character. I didn't really care about many of the other newcomers, but Dedede just reignited my excitement.
What about Mallow :(

He's a penguin
He has a hammer

Enough said
Amen, giant penguin with giant hammer

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
I will almost definately be maining the Kirby trio in this game. Though I don't normally like heavyweight characters, King Dedede is definately going to be different. From playing the games, I know Dedede will be floaty, even if he is heavy (yes, those two can make sense together!).

I also like using ranged weapons, and I think it can be safely said that the Waddle Doo/Dee/Gordo will be good ranged weapons...

King Dedede ftw!

mad_dog_0110

Smash Rookie
I guess this is a pretty popular post but...I dunno if I'll main him but I'll def. use him. I like heavyweights and I normally fair pretty well with Bowser and D.K. so if I can hang with the faster guys with Dedede I may use him a good deal. Honestly I have no clue whatsoever who I'm gonna main in this one. So many new guys. Captain Falcon has always been my main character but...I don't see him...

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I am definitely. I wanted King Dedede more than any other character in Brawl, and I was overjoyed when he was announced, and his moves made him look even better. Otherwise, I plan to second Bowser/DK because I loved them as characters, and now they're better in Brawl (by Gimpyfish's impressions anyway), though I still play a pretty mean DK around my friends.

Pengie

Smash Lord
I'll probably be using him as my secondary to Meta Knight if Sonic turns out to be to to hard to control.

King_Dedede

Smash Cadet
DEDEDE will pwn ubertime. if you look at the first picture on the stage creator page at the dojo, you see his belly inflated. that means he will puff up like kirby!
I'M ALL FOR FLYING HEAVEYWIEGHTS!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I'm intrigued by Dedede. He's on the list of characters I'm going to check out thoroughly to see how they handle. If I like his style, he's apt to become a secondary or even one of my mains... if neither is the case, I'll still use him for fun. ^^

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
He'll probably be one of my mains along with Metaknight =P
I'm a sucker for the dreamland crew!... I just don't like the
way kirby plays :( (character not the game)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Either main or secondary, trying to decide on Diddy, Pkmn Trainer, or DDD but he will be first or second. His moveset just looks badass!!

Waddledoo ftw.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
He's one of the few characters out there that I'd even consider using full time.

Sailyfee

Smash Apprentice
As soon as I saw DeDeDe, I jumped. He's gonna be my heavy character main for sure. Unless of course, a new character pops up. .

Just kidding. I'll try out DeDeDe no matter what. Hopefully I'll stick with him.

KingDedede2

Smash Cadet
obviosly I love king dedede and he is going to be my main i was so excited for him and cant wait to play as him:)

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
i will most definitely be tryin him out not main him though but definitely gonna see how he handles

AIsForApathy098

Smash Rookie
I'll be maining with Pichu, my best character. Oh... wait. They're going to take him out of Brawl. I won tourneys with him *tear*
In regards to DeDeDe? All I am saying is the new fool-proof strategy I have already devised with him, though I have yet to play: Spammy-Dee. See if you can catch my plan in there.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Its hard to say who I'll be playing as most. For Melee I thought I would play mostly as Kirby and Mario but I wound up playing mostly as Jigglypuff and Marth. But I definitely want to give King Dedede a chance and I hope his playing style suits me because I'd like to main him.

blueVlaD

Smash Cadet
out on a limb:
what if HAL/nintendo/Sora(whoever) actually
makes a game in which big (slow) characters are not
as much at a disadvantage

that would be awesome if they
somehow beat the speed>power thing~

Top Bottom