• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future King DeDeDe users

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I doubt he will be one of my mains. I don't use heavyweights because of how slow they are.
Hence, its more rewarding to win against people who play speed characters using a heavy, at least to me it is; because when you pick them from the roster, they are all wtfmate? I'm gunna kick your a$s using Sonic(or whatever speed character they choose) and when they lose they start making excuses because they lost to a heavy, lawlz. I also feel that mastering heavyweights is a more rewarding experience in the end, but hey, to each his own form of bliss ;p.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I have very limited experience with heavy characters, but I plan on making Dedede one of my mains. I'm a major fan of the Kirby series, plus Dedede has an awesome moveset (Waddle Dee Toss FTW ;)). He looks like he has a good recovery for his size (whether its gliding or multijumps, both are good!) and he probably is a real tank! Hopefully he won't be TOO slow, but I can live with it if he is. Finally, that is one of the single most charismatic, coolest FSes yet!! So yeah, I'm gonna try the King first, and then practice with him long and hard so I'm unstoppable! King 3D all the way!!!

iron blade

Smash Ace
for me he will be one of those characters that you don't main, but play as occasionally because they are still fun to be.

metalink007

Smash Rookie
I'm definetly using the kirby trio, king dedede looks awesome and so does metaknight
It looks like they've also improved kirby too.

J_Puff

Smash Rookie
My secondary, depending on how good he is and if I like his fighting style. Guess who my main is....

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
He became my new main the second he was announced. :) As long as he's actually fun to play, and he looks like it, I'm sticking with him.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I honestly don't think I'll main him... However, he's the one of the characters I really wanted in, so I'll probably use him a lot.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
I stayed away from heavyweights in melee, but in brawl it seems like theyll have more of a chance. Dedede looks really awesome, and is probally the top character I want to try out. :cool:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
If Ridley doesn't make the cut, then King Dedede will probably be my main. At the very least, he will be one of my most played characters.

Xenomorph_1992

Smash Cadet
Dedede so far is my favorite newcomer so I will give him a try. Playing as the villains is always fun for some of these are rare opportunities.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I'm going to try out every character (especially the new ones), however, if there was any character I was going to use full time, it'd be Dedede.

Macrofly

Smash Cadet
So far I think I'm planning on King D or Geno(if he's in). Hammers are just so awesome. >_> (ironically enough I don't like ice climbers...*walks away akwardly*)

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Honestly, I will play most of the heavy characters, such as Bowser and Donkey Kong. I'm actually looking forward to playing as King 'Triple' Dee. He has an interesting moveset, such as his down-Special Jet Hammer and his Waddle Dee Toss. The Waddle Dee Toss might not be as affective, due to most people knowing how to catch items that are flying toward them.

His Final Smash is something I would have expected from his character, leaving the work to somebody else. And his moves remind me of that one Kirby game in which you fight him in the boxing arena. I have forgotten now what the video was called, but it was shown on Smashboards somewhere. Even the flying attack is similar.

All in all, quite the unique character that they have. I look forward to playing as 'Triple' Dee. Though I doubt that I would main him. If I took the time to practice with him, I might possibly main him, unless Ridley is playable. I would use Ridley over most characters other than Bowser for that matter.

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
dedede interests me but not all that much but ill defiantly be trying him and when me and my friends call playing as heavy characters he'll take bowser's place from melee.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I'm definately going to try Dedede after I play Ike a while. King Dedede seems like a sweet character with an awesome moveset. He's probably going to have the best recovery of all the heavies since he most likely will be able to fly like Kirby can(coupled with super dedede jump for badass verticle recovery). I'm going to be an Ike main in all likelyhood(see what I did there ;p) I just love his character even if he's slow, but I'd like to play Dedede too.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
I'm definately by no means someone who likes heavyweights. But Dedede is just going to be so great, I reckon he will be my main along with Kirby and Wario. I'll also play as ZSS if you can start matches off with her. But King Dedede is going to be my first pick.

domriver

Smash Lord
I am only going to use King Dedede till I unlock all of my mains. Sonic, Mega Man*if in*, Geno *if in*, King. K. Rool *if in*, and Ganondorf oh and Ridley *if in*. jajajaj a lot of my wanted characters are still not confirmed or deconfirmed.

Jumble

Smash Apprentice
i will probably use KD alot
there are quite a few big guys in this game
and he seems like a good choice out of them

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Eh I was going to but then I found out he's in the same weight class as Bowser and such. I'm not very good with Bowser/Ike type characters. I might give him a try though since I've wanted him in SSB since forever.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Eh I was going to but then I found out he's in the same weight class as Bowser and such. I'm not very good with Bowser/Ike type characters. I might give him a try though since I've wanted him in SSB since forever.
Were you expecting him to be a speed player or something?

Kinlap

Smash Apprentice
Out of the current roster released on the dojo and melee's roster, King DeDeDe seems the most interesting to main for me. I tend to like non-fast characters in almost every fighting-ish game I played, and DeDeDe is definitely not going to be a fast character (unless Sakurai made him fast as a joke). In addition, he just has a cool design and move set (well... what we know about his move set). Oh, and he looks so cuddly being a penguin(?) with a big hammer.

Top Bottom