• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Future King DeDeDe users

Keto

Smash Journeyman
How many of you are planning to make King DeDeDe your future mains or secondaries (excluding the fact that he might be awful)? I know I am along side Link.

waffu

Smash Cadet
I really want to try him out, but it seems as though he is going to be heavy and most likely not very good.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I like his style especially, Dedede will definetly be one of my mains

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
idk i am going to try ike out first...and since KDDD is a heavy too i doubt i will be ussing him........

@PsychoIncarnater-- i love the check marks on sig, you should put a red X if they get decomfirmed.....

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
I plan to use him quite a bit. If I really like what he has to offer and it compliments my playstyle I'll main the penguin; if not, I'll use him like I use Bowser in Melee: "HaHa I just pwned you with a character you thought sucked." (just so you don't think I'm arrogant or anything I will mention that I only get to say that when I win, which is not all the time.)

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
WTF PsychoIncarnate you joined a few months ago and you already hae 5000 posts!!
that calculates to 30-40 posts a-day!!

Someones been spamming, AND has no life.
And BTW theres gonna be no geno!
lol

Anyway King DeDeDe will be a monster if they balence him right. I cant wait to fight him against bowser.
No I probably wont main him though

paralasalud

Smash Ace
i can't wait to play as him. looks like he might have multiple jumps. but i usually don't like heavier characters, so we'll see. looks fun though.

edit: i probably will not main him.

edit 2: @mastermind - actually, i've never seen psychoincarnate spam.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I won't be maining him (Kirby FTW), but I will definitely be playing him a lot! :)

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Though I'M happy to see him I think he'll be the hardest heavy weight brawler to control which can be a bad thing but I hope I'm very wrong.

By the way I've been trying to get people's opinion on a thread I made on a stage based on him and I haven't gotton much feedback and I'd appreacite if you go on this link if your a King de de de supporter...Thank You

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=122606

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
I think it'll be neat just to see how long people survive after totally flooding the stage with Waddle Dees...

Percon

Smash Lord
I'm considering maining him. He looks like he'll have a playstyle that suits me well.

A power character with a disjointed hitbox and decent projectile? Count me in.

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
Though I'M happy to see him I think he'll be the hardest heavy weight brawler to control which can be a bad thing but I hope I'm very wrong.

By the way I've been trying to get people's opinion on a thread I made on a stage based on him and I haven't gotton much feedback and I'd appreacite if you go on this link if your a King de de de supporter...Thank You

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=122606
lol! Weren't you doing one for K. Rool as well? Anyways, I'm using a different character after every match. I'm gonna try to get the handle of each character's strengths and weaknesses, so I'll pwn with anyone...

Hong

The Strongest
My original plans were to play just Fire Emblem characters, because it's my favourite series. However, the Ike in Brawl is an insult to the original. That and because Kirby is what got me into gaming and the fact King Dedede is my favourite villian (or game character of all time for that matter), I'm going to be playing Kirby and King Dedede no matter how bad they are.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just hope he is able to suck up as one of his moves so he's more true to Dedede....

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I'm speculating that Waddle Dees will behave a bit like Mr. Saturns, Waddle Doos will be like fireflower turrets--but with lightning!--and Gordos will behave like reasonably strong bumpers; the question is, will Waddle Doo and Gordo move?

But it would be fun to spam Waddle Dee endlessly.

And yeah, I plan to play Dedede in addition to Kirby and Metaknight. Actually, I guess it's unfair to call me a "user" of any particular character since there are so many in Brawl I'm looking forward to playing as... hmm...

Sonallvegqu

Smash Cadet
I wanna try him out before I decide whether he becomes my main or secondary character. His down special is idetical to Hammer Kirby's up attack from SNES's Kirby Super Star.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Dedede would probably be the only heavyweight character I would seriously use, if not, I say gold-shell Bowser.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
King Dedede is the only "heavyweight" character that I'm interested in. He is my favorite Kirby character (very very close almost a tie between Kirby and King Dedede he comes out on top by a small margin).

He's B moves look quick effective and he'd seem like a very unique character to play as. I will try him out; and if I like him I may main him.

-Knight

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I am, I'm a huge Dedede fan, as long as he doesn't suck :(

Neogeek23

Smash Cadet
lol - yea he looks pretty sweet - who do you all think would be most like him in melee? I've got a friend that wants to main him, but doesn't know how to play melee so I figured it'd be good to start her off with the most similar character from melee? What are your thoughts? I think he is going to be like ice climber/bowser with a little kirby too...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
He just looks to awesome not to main... and Sakurai will at least make one of his characters high tier, right? (MK doesn't count : P)

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Hell hath no fury like a penguin with a giant rocket hammer scorned!

I'm surprised so many people wanted Dedede in the game but so few want to actually play him. :(

That move set is just too awesome to not main Dedede. :chuckle:

Top Bottom