• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fusion Gaming Presents Super Smash Brawl! 9/12/09

t1tan

Smash Rookie
Fusion Gaming presents once again Super Smash Brawl Tournament!!!
When is it you ask?

Sept 12th, 2009 at 5:00pm

Format:

Doubles leading directly into the singles!!!

You can preregister on our website http://www.fusiongaming.cc or you can register the day of at the store.

Gamer Fees:

$15 per player (Singles)

$10/per person ($20 a team for doubles)

Rules:

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Timer = 8mins
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off

If a player intentionally suicides to kill another player and it ends
in a sudden death the player who initiated the suicide kill is the
winner (examples are with Bowser, Kirby, D3, Ganondork, etc.)

Tournament is Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the finals best 3 out of 5.

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon Stadium 2
Norfair

Banned:

Rainbow Cruise
Pipes (Yoshi's Island - Melee)
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Onett
Green Greens
Corneria
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Bridge of Eldin
Big Blue
Mario Circuit
Shadow Moses Island
Port Town
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that
one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to
reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab
endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end after
300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

!!Prizes!!

(Singles)

1st- 45% of Admission Fees
2nd- 15% of Admission Fees
3rd- 5% of Admission Fees

(Doubles)

1st- 45% of Admission Fees
2nd- 15% of Admission Fees
3rd- Free Entry to singles tournament

Snacks and Food will be available for purchase at Fusion Gaming

Including:

-Mountain Dew
-Coke/Diet Coke/Sprite
-Yoohoo
-Monster
-Bawls
-Green Tea
-Red Bull
-A&W Root Beer
-Water
-a variety of chips/cookies/candy

1782 SE PSL Blvd.
Port St. Lucie, Fl, 34952

In the Morningside Shoppes between Pueblo Viejo III: Mexican Restaurant
and the St. Lucie Bakery, behind the Pet Supermarket. Also located in
the plaza is Chicken on the Run and Mangia Mangia.

Directions:

Coming from I-95
Take Exit 118 Tradition Parkway/Gatlin Blvd
Follow signs for Port St. Lucie and follow Sw Gatlin Blvd/FL-716
Turn left at SW Port St. Lucie Blvd/FL-716
Destination will be on the right

Coming from the Florida Turnpike (toll road)
Take exit 142 toward Port St. Lucie Blvd
Turn left at SW Bayshore Blvd.(signs for Bayshore N)
Turn Right at Port St. Lucie Blvd/FL-716
Destination will be on the right

You are more than welcome to bring your own controllers if you wish. We hope to
see you all very soon!

NOTICE: We did have some small problems last time due to way the tournament was run. I want to personally apologize for this for we are new at Super Smash Brawl tournaments. Due to our county we can only payout a certain amount, due to our lovely local tax department. The tournament will be double elimination with best 3 out of 5 for the championship only. (If the player from the loser bracket wins the first 3 out of 5 then an additional 3 out of 5 will be played). Friendlies will be available during the tournament on 2 extra TV's that will be setup on the middle row flatscreens. However, we will only have 3-4 Wii's for the tournament as those need to be available for the tournament. If you want to bring your Wii to hook up for friendlies then you are more then welcome to as the 4 flatscreens in the middle will be available. If you have any questions, problems, concerns, please email me so we can either fix it or work on it :) Once again I am terribly sorry about the last tournament as I know some of you were very unhappy.
(Tim - General Manager @ Fusion Gaming)

t1tan

Smash Rookie
We already have up to 20+ presignups. Lets make this bigger then ever!

Master Raven

Smash Master
Zero Ping is going to be having a tourney this same day. I don't think you'll get much attendance.

-!-

Smash Lord
shrug* only 65% of pot goes towards entrants..
This doesn't look that bad to me... since I have gone to a place where the percentage was the other way around... store keeping about 65% O_O and rest going to the players... well maybe it was around 60%... but you know what I mean XD

but yea I gotta say... 35% seems kinda big... specially if it doesn't brings 50+ people like Gigs... with that kinda cut... it should bring well over 100 people to make the payout... decent...

anyways.... I'm sticking with Lee on this day, was so much fun last month and ended before it was promised :)

-!-

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
This doesn't look that bad to me... since I have gone to a place where the percentage was the other way around... store keeping about 65% O_O and rest going to the players... well maybe it was around 60%... but you know what I mean XD

but yea I gotta say... 35% seems kinda big... specially if it doesn't brings 50+ people like Gigs... with that kinda cut... it should bring well over 100 people to make the payout... decent...

anyways.... I'm sticking with Lee on this day, was so much fun last month and ended before it was promised :)

-!-
nvm ignore =/

t1tan

Smash Rookie
If 100 people attended, and you won first place in the singles tournament you would win $650. I actually spent many hours with Mwarhead on the phone, taking in suggestions, and almost following to his exact words. I dont see the math behind the payouts that everyone is complaining about.

-!-

Smash Lord
read my earlier post.... the payout is modeled after gigabits tournaments... in essence that $15 and that percentage cut = $5 door (estimate)

why don't u complain to gigs then???
I did read it...

but gigs takes 30% off each event... so in a sense it takes around what??? close to $10 for door fee not $5 like most places... I don't mind that since it always has 50+ players which makes the tournament much more fun.

If 100 people attended, and you won first place in the singles tournament you would win $650. I actually spent many hours with Mwarhead on the phone, taking in suggestions, and almost following to his exact words. I dont see the math behind the payouts that everyone is complaining about.
This place is new right?? if it where to bring 100+ people, people shouldn't complain about the cut since... well bigger tournament should equal a little more cut since it would cost a little more to run and what not and of course, more fun.

but if this doesn't bring more then 30... then idk people could just go somewhere else where the door fee is only the usual $5 and the actual pot is not touch which equals more green to the winners.

-!-

t1tan

Smash Rookie
We have been open for about 9 months now. Our last Super Smash tournament brought in about the 50's players for singles. With first walking out with about $400 (not 100% sure on the exact #)

-!-

Smash Lord
Good stuff... Now that I think about it I was gonna go to one of this... I think... Anyways I may keep an eye for one of this in the future. Maybe.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Where's Smash_Brothah? and his journey to tournaments from Arizona all the way to Tacoma, Philly, and LA?
If I can't get to ZP, I might come to this to take PSL money.

Btw
Singles:
First Place will receive 50% of singles admission
Second Place will receive 15% of singles admission
Third Place will receive 5% of singles admission
For Gigs.
Gigs also has Jungle Japes on the counterpick list. You might want to look into that.

Top Bottom