• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

From the sound of it, it seems Wario might be the least played...

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
No, everyone will play Wario, if only for one reason: It's a Wii. Wario.
i actually tend to disagree not everyone will like him, and similarly, he won't suit all players styles, also, i'm not sure about everyone else, but i usually picked characters i was familiar with first, so anyone not a fan of warioworld, warioware or any of the mario spin-off titles (mario party/tennis/golf...) might hesitate to choose him.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
i actually tend to disagree not everyone will like him, and similarly, he won't suit all players styles, also, i'm not sure about everyone else, but i usually picked characters i was familiar with first, so anyone not a fan of warioworld, warioware or any of the mario spin-off titles (mario party/tennis/golf...) might hesitate to choose him.
You forgot the Wario Land games... they're more popular than you think.

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
You forgot the Wario Land games... they're more popular than you think.
i implied them with wario world... duh? sorry for the mishap, and i know he's popular, but not infinitely popular, so is Kirby but that doesn't mean that i'd played any of his games before smash (i have since)

assassinX105

Smash Apprentice
I think it's because people expected him to be the way they wanted, so when he turned out like the goofy character they just wrote him as crap, personally I think he's very unique and I will most likely main him

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
I think it's because people expected him to be the way they wanted, so when he turned out like the goofy character they just wrote him as crap, personally I think he's very unique and I will most likely main him
ummm, h's pretty goofy in warioware, and not too noble in his other games either, who seriously expected him to come uot looking like an action hero?

Jayster

Smash Rookie
He's one of the weirdest and goofy characters in a video game ever tbh.

But thats why I love him. I wont be maining him, but I will sure as hell use him...he's freakin' awesome :laugh:

iMichael

Smash Lord
Alot of people will not play Wario because he doesn't look "cool" like Sonic, Ike, Bowser, Pit, Metaknight etc. It's funny, but that's what people go by these days.

Mambo

Smash Journeyman
He's the very first one I want to play and hopefully master if he's good enough. I'll love humiliating people with the fart.

Hotztuph

Smash Cadet
i think Wario will be the new G&W
only becouse he has a very unique move set and the way he moves
like when i first saw G&W flip bacon i was like "AWESOME!!"
that's what Wario will be like
at first everyone will wanna try him but after a wile his originality will wear off and he'll be like everyother character where some like him, some love him, and some will hate his guts!
Personnaly i like him so far

e319

Smash Apprentice
Wario's the type of guy put in for fun. You could be fighting with him and losing but still laugh when he dies.
I'd play as Wario just cause he's funny.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey, I'm one of those people who really thought Wario would be cool in Brawl, but never actually considered playing him. For a long time I've overlooked him as a playable character as the information was coming in.

Anyhow, since I'm a diehard Mario fan, I'll certainly take him as a consistent secondary. Of course, my true mains are Mario, Pit, and G&W. =P

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
I had no interest in Wario at first, but after looking at some videos and his techniques, I'm planning to main him. Though I haven't had much time with the game, and when I did I mainly played Sonic, Wario does seem pretty good when played well.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I think Wario might be more played in teams than in one on ones, because from what I hear littering the field with motorcycle debris and throwing the parts at one another s awesome.

Dual Wario throwing bikes at each other FTW? Yes, FTW.

Zindura

Smash Cadet
Wario just has a lot of personality. He moves and acts very differently compared to other brawlers. Their movements seem more fluid, while his are really jerky and unnatural.

I still have confidence in Nintendo's efforts to achieve more balance, so I wouldn't write him off yet as "low-tier" or "mid-tier".

He'll have his crazy antics. I can't wait to go "Here, have a bike!" and throw it onto someone below the stage.

KingGeorge

Smash Cadet
Wario just has a lot of personality. He moves and acts very differently compared to other brawlers. Their movements seem more fluid, while his are really jerky and unnatural.

I still have confidence in Nintendo's efforts to achieve more balance, so I wouldn't write him off yet as "low-tier" or "mid-tier".

He'll have his crazy antics. I can't wait to go "Here, have a bike!" and throw it onto someone below the stage.
his movements reflect the style of warioware, plus his character overall. and nobody knows the tiers yet anyway, it took years to figure out the melee one, and even then it was constantly changing.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
I definitely plan on using Wario, I love how his animations and attacks still uphold his awkward character. From what I've seen in videos he seems like a mix between G&W and Jigglypuff. I'm looking forward to playing him.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
I think wario will be cool to play but not sure if I would main him =/

EDIT- Actually i watched some more videos and he looks awsome, i might just main him after all

Fawriel

Smash Master
He doesn't seem THAT unpopular. I think Pikachu might have that dubious honor, or probably DK... though that might still change, too.

Now in my eyes, Wario is simply a spectacle to behold in battle.
I don't think I'll play him seriously, but I'll probably end up using him every so often the same way I often played Bowser dittos with my father in lightning Melee: just plain old-fashioned FUN!

FREZ

Smash Apprentice
I just have a great dislike for him because my friends and I would always play the original Mario Strikers against Waluigi. That darn crotch chop is just too much.

True Fool

Smash Ace
I like Waluigi in MSC. He is a useful, hilarious captain. But in every other Mario spin-off, he seems to be the guy trying to be kickass, and he just gets tossed around like a worthless piece of sh*t.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
Wario's recovery might prevent him from being in the upper-echelon of this game. However, we might find ways to hide his weakeness (bike, charged waft).

FREZ

Smash Apprentice
Wario has great recovery if people know how to use him correctly. The only huge weakness I see in him is his range.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Frez is right, Wario's recovery is no problem at all, it's his range that's his weakness... but then again it's still no biggie when compared to other weaknesses (Ganondorf's speed, for example >_<).

paralasalud

Smash Ace
I actually think that it's been deconfirmed that wario can wall jump
BOOOO.

yeah i have yet to see him do it.
i really haven't seen much walljumping in general.
i used it so much in melee that i hope it's useful this time around too.

FREZ

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the day that it was discovered that Wario doesn't recover damage from eating items, I pretty much stopped going to Brawl Central

Top Bottom