• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

freakin DACUS!!!!!!

legion598

Smash Ace
ive read every single guide and attempted the DACUS hundreds of times and have only done it once and i think it was because marios cape move cancled the dash attack for me. I need help on the timing and i have one question. Do u have to hit the c-stick down or can u use other directions on it

ADHD

Smash Hero
Run, c-stick down, then somewhere around 1/4 of a second up Z.

c-stick set to smashes, Z set to attack.

Just play around with it.

daddyshere12

Smash Cadet
Or if you prefer standard controls you could just use C-Stick down and use Up A instead. Awkward to press, but it works.

yea but......I TOLD U C-down Up-Z WORKS :chuckle:

besides that, in the sheik reference thread, find something about dacus i forget what its called, on that thread go to the second page, and go down to fartknocker's post, very in depth, helped me

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
c stick doesnt have to be down, it just cant be up. basically the whole point of using the c-stick is so that you can use your dash attack without using the A button, since you need the A button to cancel into up-smash.

Also look at what sheik is doing to see where you are going wrong. I found I wasn't pressing the control stick up enough in order for DACUS to activate, thus I always saw sheik just doing a dash attack

KRDsonic

Smash Master
oh..thats wut i meant...didn't make that clear did i xd.

i just prefer using z just because its easier and more comfortable to do imo
I never said you couldn't change Z to attack >.> however you just randomly commented on one of my videos saying "Hey I use C-Stick down Z Up" even though there were Many comments saying that you had to change your controls to that to do her DACUS and I said I didn't like too >.>

legion598

Smash Ace
um if u dont have to hit c-stick down doesnt that mean u could just hit a to use the dash attack and then instantly hit c-stick up for the cancel

Alopex

Smash Ace
Leave your Z as grab.
Make R an Attack button.
Use R instead of Z.

Dash, C-stick down or back, quickly roll the analog stick to the up position and press R at the same time.

Try it. This is the method I've used to teach many people and they've all picked it up no problem. Satisfaction guaranteed, dude, and you get to keep your Z for grabs.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
If your having a hard time make sure your tap jump is off so you start pressing up on the control stick before you actually press the second attack button.

Another thing that help me is releasing the c-stick back to neutral very quickly before pressing A or Z.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Maybe your moving the analog to fast for the system to read it just slow down your hands. And take off tap jumping, and maybe change R to attack. At least thats what did it for me

ynnek123

Smash Ace
WTF? I swear I once did Cdown Upz TWICE in a row with DEFAULT controls! but the timing is so weird, it's like you press them simultaneously but it's really shortly after, like 10 frames or something

ynnek123

Smash Ace
xD yea kinda
after testing it a bit, I found out that the Cdown + UpA is WAY WAY easier to do and you also go further more easily. but it's also stupid and impractical to change your finger setup in the middle of a fight >_> so I think the best option is to do Cdown + UpL/R (L if you use R for your stuff, and R if you use L for your stuff. If you use both, LOL)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
on the contrary....

actually, don't worry about it so much if you use your index finger on A. it's actually not that impractical to change your finger, as long as you successfully pull off the DACUS.

it's really all in the muscle memory. i never thought i could be able to do this more than half the time, but i find myself successfully using dacus all the time in practice/matches now.

i never wanted to resort to changing my controls, so i'm glad i was able to learn it

DACUS =
MUSCLE MEMORY

ynnek123

Smash Ace
I can do it almost all of the time aswell, but I have to change my finger setup completely >_>
as in, index on Cstick, middle on A, and thumb on control stick lol

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
It took me FOREVER to get the DACUS down (i couldn't even do it in slow mo), but after I did it JUST once I could do it pretty consistently. And the timing deosn't really change with your controls so I can do it with all control types (but my index finger doesn't like leaving R so I changed them). Now I just need to figure out what the hell its for.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
All you have to do with your fingers to do DACUS with the normal controls is just use your Index finger to press A... It's not like you're loosing anything for doing it for that period of time either since you can still block with L if you don't move your finger back quickly either...

ynnek123

Smash Ace
It took me FOREVER to get the DACUS down (i couldn't even do it in slow mo), but after I did it JUST once I could do it pretty consistently. And the timing deosn't really change with your controls so I can do it with all control types (but my index finger doesn't like leaving R so I changed them). Now I just need to figure out what the hell its for.
WTF? that's not true at all. the frame window is way, WAY smaller with Cdown Upz. I know it from experience because I started with UpZ and then I did it ith UpA.

And It's useful for mindgames, surprising your opponent, closing space quickly(NOT against falco >_>), and out of a grab release

lol, I think everyone knows how to do it and how to put their fingers(I THINK! :p), it's really hard to show it on a video or to explain it. you have to do it at least once to know the timing or be an expert at frame data. Some things just can't be explained :p

Paladinight

Smash Apprentice
Over there! no, no, the one on the left or is it t
Hey I am not like an expert on this but the I think the c stick down and c stick up will work because I use the wiimote with nunchuk and changed the configuration so that the d-pad is similar to the c-stick and i manage to do every time, mainly from hours of practice using down smash to initiate the dash attack and up smash to do DACUS the motion for me is very smooth now.

If you do it with c-stick down then up try to make as very little of a movement needed to activate the dash attack and quickly go up.

Top Bottom