• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox - Guide and Discussion Thread

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah I know

I have slow hands i guess

I could do it if I practiced.

But the level of not-playing-fox I've attained in my years of SSB are calling out for me to never choose him again.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
slow hands shouldn't matter. i feel like "fast hands" would make you press b before you make it in the air and then not laser at all.

once you button slide it's just about getting the second laser in that perfect PEW PEW rhythm.

fox is for noobs anyway

Mahie

Smash Lord
I always press B four times when I SHDL, always with the same timing. Not sure if that counts as mashing or timing lol.

And Battlecow, I find Fox's dair to be one of the hardest moves to cancel in the game. I still miss one every once in a while.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i'm the same, although i press it 3 times

my fox has long surpassed all my other characters in terms of pure skill but my yoshi is still probably my relative best character

Mahie

Smash Lord
As long as it works. I never miss any SHDL when I do that so no reason to stop. I can still control the height of the second laser too, so it's cool.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea link uair is tough. I blame it on watching the sword and trying to maneuver the hitbox instead of watching when I'm about to land.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
OMG just did a shine utilt. IT IS POSSIBLE!!!

was trying to shine usmash on falcon but utilted accidentally. i didn't think it was possible.

so i now know that you can do a shine-

dtilt
ftilt
utilt
dsmash
usmash
jab
any aerial if you run off a platform

so that's every a move except fsmash. can anyone confirm shine fsmash works?

obviously grab and shine and even run off laser are also possible.

edit: shine fsmash works on DK. i can't replicate my shine utilt though.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
obviously grab and shine and even run off laser are also possible.

edit: shine fsmash works on DK. i can't replicate my shine utilt though.
probably should have refreshed before editing

fsmash confirmed works on DK ... dunno about anyone else though. i'm like 90% sure i've seen shine run off laser before in a combo.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yar. Shine run off laser is possible and super easy. Just run off the left side of the right dreamland platform to test.

also was trying shine fsmash the other day lol.

Sangoku

Smash Master
You're sure you're not doing your shine -> stuff on CPUs? lol I'm kidding.

Also I think I once TASed a double shine (without dashing) dtilt after the first hit of uair on DK. However I can't do it again, so I don't know if I **** up now or if the second shine didn't hit back then (I think it did, but maybe I'm wrong).

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
does anyone else do dash>jump-cancelled shine>face-other-direction-quickly-while shining>stuff ?

found it's really awesome for quickly doing an ftilt/dtilt/smash etc really quickly in the opposite direction you are dashing, pivot-esque style

i dunno

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^YES

When you turn around

and they don't go behind you

then you look silly.

happends to me all the time -____-

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Also I think I once TASed a double shine (without dashing) dtilt after the first hit of uair on DK. However I can't do it again, so I don't know if I **** up now or if the second shine didn't hit back then (I think it did, but maybe I'm wrong).
i think it's possible if they DI back into the second shine. thats probably what happened.

does anyone else do dash>jump-cancelled shine>face-other-direction-quickly-while shining>stuff ?

found it's really awesome for quickly doing an ftilt/dtilt/smash etc really quickly in the opposite direction you are dashing, pivot-esque style

i dunno
i've been working on a similar alternative. yoshi's djc were he doesn't open up an attack because it's too quick, he just looks like he's having a seizure.

you can also use it to turn around while dashing

Top Bottom