• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FOX ends King of the Hill

Puddin

Smash Lord
That's a bummer, I enjoyed watching it Sundays while I worked on any homework I might have had for school. But of course FOX renews American Dad for a new season. It could not be a bigger, less funny rip off of Family Guy...

By the way your link is broken

derek.haines

Smash Ace
It's had a good run. 13 seasons and 238 episodes? Not bad at all.

I like Family Guy and American Dad, but that's neither here nor there.

Yaya

Smash Champion
They cancel King of the Hill, but still leave crap shows like Family Guy and American Dad running?

What next, is The Simpsons going down next? Futurama?

I swear to god if Futurama goes down before American Dad or Family Guy I am going to go Super Saiyan 5 and kill Seth McFarlane.

The only funny thing he's made in the past ever is the Mario skit on Youtube.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I happen to like Family Guy. But American Dad is terrible.

King of the Hill had its run, and was only really a mediocre show, really. It had it's good episodes and it's bad ones.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
King of the Hills worst episodes were better than Family Guy's best. Family Guy, since it's return from cancellation has been nothing but a string of flashback and cut-a-way humor attached together with offensive joke after offensive joke. I find myself offended because evidently they believe I am stupid enough to A. not remember when they used a storyline already, and B. find humor in the ridiculous attempts to be offensive.

King of the Hill had actual characters, not cookie cutter characters created to set-up a cut-a-way joke.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Not to mention King of the Hill actually has real life situations that happen in the world, not this time travel **** they had in the WW2 Episode for Family Guy.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Not to mention King of the Hill actually has real life situations that happen in the world, not this time travel **** they had in the WW2 Episode for Family Guy.
That reminded me of that dream hank once had..

He's in a B17 with Washington,Lincon and some guy i forgot... orver Berlin talking about breaking rules, while Washington was manning a dual 50 cal shoots a ME109... good laugh.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Family Guy, since it's return from cancellation has been nothing but a string of flashback and cut-a-way humor attached together with offensive joke after offensive joke. I find myself offended because evidently they believe I am stupid enough to A. not remember when they used a storyline already, and B. find humor in the ridiculous attempts to be offensive.
Truer words have never been spoken. As for King of the Hill itself, I never really got into it myself but I do respect the subtlety of its sense of humor.

Oh and the Simpsons should have ended 9 years ago when it stopped being funny.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I love King of the Hill, but I guess I can't complain that a show that's been on for 13 years is getting canceled.

I can complain, however, that American Dad is still on. KotH is like a study in comedic genius compared to that show.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
... King of the Hill was still running? Holy ****.
I just learned that recently, too, and had the same reaction.

I haven't seen any recent KotH, but any episodes I would catch were always funny. I pretty much agree with what CK said about both KotH and Family Guy. Plus, growing up in a neighborhood with a lot of rednecks made the show that much funnier.

Family Guy took what made them funny, and ran it into the ground. Sadly, South Park hit the nail on the head with them.

Um, to be more on topic, KotH had a good run. It's hard to write material for 13 years. I'd rather them stop now before the show goes downhill.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
People actually like American Dad? WTF?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Oh god XD Is anyone watching the new one on right now? I could not stop laughing when Hank said he thought Myspace was some kind of cult XD

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
WTH? Did Family Guy already end it's run? nonsense

But on topic, King of The Hill sure was a great showm I remember when it it first made it's debut way back in 97? and noticed that Hank had the voice from the guy that also started in Beavis & Butt-Head.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I hate Bill O'Reilly, but what does he have to do with this?

Myspace sucks. Period.

And the Strickland accountant got a big ***. :p

Yaya

Smash Champion
I saw the new episode of Family Guy, it was dreadful.

I didn't laugh, I didn't even smile while watching it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm going to miss King of the Hill. It's such a great show.

Seems like Fox wanted to cancel the show quite a while ago though.

I am excited to see how they're going to end it though.

ook

Smash Lord
I just heard about this :( sucks.
I never REALLY got into King of the Hill, but I loved the theme song. Probably in my top 5 favorite theme songs of all time.

Not really surprised though, it had it coming.
Whenever FOX did the promos for their upcoming shows, they would talk all in detail about Simpsons and Family guy and show a clip and everything, and barely even mention King of the Hill. It was like,
STAY TUNED FOR ALL NEW SIMPSONS AND FAMILY GUY ...and king of the hill... TONIGHT ON FOX!!!!!!!
:( Poor king of the hill got no love....
But ****, that show's been on almost as long as I can remember.

btw spire, nice sig

and Bill O'Reilly is alright....

Motel Vacaville of the West

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
I just heard about this :( sucks.
I never REALLY got into King of the Hill, but I loved the theme song. Probably in my top 5 favorite theme songs of all time.

Not really surprised though, it had it coming.
Whenever FOX did the promos for their upcoming shows, they would talk all in detail about Simpsons and Family guy and show a clip and everything, and barely even mention King of the Hill. It was like,
:( Poor king of the hill got no love....
But ****, that show's been on almost as long as I can remember.

btw spire, nice sig

and Bill O'Reilly is alright....
That's just asinine.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
King of the Hill is an awsome show. I didn't even know they were making new episodes of it until I happened to stumble onto their website awhile back. A part of this is because I work just about every Sunday from 4 P.M. - 2 A.M. Another reason is because like ook had said earlier Fox would never advertise it or hardly would.

At least the show had a good run though. 13 seasons is quite an accomplishment and not many shows do this or even come close. Guess all good things come to an end.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Dale was ****ing awesome!

I loved my dad like a father. And he betrayed me - like a betrayer

I'm an Indian. This explains why I love tobacco so much and hate the Federal Government so much.

Gun's don't kill people. The Government does.

What happens if my tee shot lands on a bird's back and he carries it out of bounds but then is attacked by a larger bird who grabs the ball and drops it in the hole? Is that still a hole in one? 'Cause that's how I'm gonna play it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This sucks. I knew it was going to get canned sooner or later, and I was prepared for this, but to get cut with NEW seasons for Family Guy AND American Dad!?

No, they're putting some new episodes out now.
The new episodes are just the movies cut out to be a season, so there really aren't any BRAND new episodes.

Top Bottom