• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FOX ends King of the Hill

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Holy Crap! ABC could pick up King of the Hill!

By James Hibberd

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Fox's canceled veteran animated series "King of the Hill" could reign again at ABC.

Sources said the network is eyeing "King" as a companion for its upcoming animated comedy "The Goode Family," which comes from "King" co-creator Mike Judge.

A spokesman for "King of the Hill" producer 20th Century Fox TV would only confirm "another network" is interested in the show. ABC had no comment.

At a time when shows are being renewed while earning modest ratings, "King of the Hill" is doing nearly as well as CBS' breakout freshman show "The Mentalist." Sunday's outing, boosted by "The Simpsons" Halloween episode, hit a season high of 8.6 million viewers.

While a possible pairing of "King" and "Goode" would make a lot of sense for ABC, creating such an animated block would be difficult logistically.

It takes nine months to produce new "King" episodes. So while "Goode" is slated for midseason, "King" won't be ready until next fall. If ABC orders "King" and "Goode" flops, it's left with an expensive cartoon next fall with no partner.

Another option for "Hill" is to move to cable. But between the animation and voice talent, "King" is considered pricey and probably too rich for a cable network, such as Adult Swim.

If ABC were to pick up the show, it would mark the second series to change broadcast networks in the past year -- the first being "Scrubs'" move from NBC to ABC. ABC also expressed interest in CBS' "The New Adventures of Old Christine" when the show was on the bubble last year. All three titles are half-hour shows, a format the network has had some difficulty programing.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Puddin

Smash Lord
I just love how they say King is too rich for Adult Swim, the worst cable network next to Comedy Central.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
What happens if my tee shot lands on a bird's back and he carries it out of bounds but then is attacked by a larger bird who grabs the ball and drops it in the hole? Is that still a hole in one? 'Cause that's how I'm gonna play it.
Dale, it already happened once. What are the odds of it happening again?

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I was never realy that interested in King of the Hill, though I can understand its appeal, so I'm kind-of dissapointed to see it canceled.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Are you serious? This is a good show!

Ugh, now there won't be too much to look forward to on Fox. The Simpsons are stale and Family Guy isn't even CLOSE to how funny it was back in the day.

At least American Dad is better than Family Guy. There's a coherent plot to follow, instead of random crap thrown in as filler.

Oh well, I don't watch TV that much anymore. And you got other shows to look to on other networks.

Top Bottom