• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox Crash Lands in Brawl while Fire Emblem Strikes up an Orchestra.

OnceAgain

Smash Cadet
sigh... way to ruin a song with lyrics... ill have to disable that one, i really really dont like it

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
IT revealed the SE is an evil invading force trying to use the characters as an energy source by permanently turning them into statues and draining their energies...

The characters followed the rules perfectly...

Maybe that statement was referring to the villains or something...Who knows?

But it wasn't Mario
Or it could be that we havenb't got a clue what the plot is about and it's best to wait for the game to come out. Though how are we going to learn the plot when every character is a freakin Mime. Even Fox (from the no one shuts up starfox 64) is being mimish.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
Or it could be that we havenb't got a clue what the plot is about and it's best to wait for the game to come out. Though how are we going to learn the plot when every character is a freakin Mime. Even Fox (from the no one shuts up starfox 64) is being mimish.
lol yea he didnt even say "come on" at the end...

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Well, I thought that little clip was just too f-ing cool. Fox = brawl Michael Jackson?...

(just kidding, MJ's songs are classic even if he is creepy now :p)

Hejiru

Smash Ace
That was so awesome.
Rayquaza=Hyper Beam
Fox=Shine!
pwned.

Rayquaza suprised me. I bet he is a boss in SE.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
No I was suggesting that's how you would get diddy. The last thing we need is more playable pokemon.
Hah, A'men to that.

All these character interactions reminds me of the meddling worlds issue in Kingdom Hearts games where character from separate worlds shouldn't be co hearsing with one anther... according to King Triton. x:

Is there actual footage of Donkey Kong confronting Bowser after his lackeys stole DK's banana pile?

09MurphyM

Smash Rookie
My own theory is that this rayquaza is a robot. I mean, it's living at the bottom of the lake instead of up in the sky and tried to attack diddy and fox.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
My own theory is that this rayquaza is a robot. I mean, it's living at the bottom of the lake instead of up in the sky and tried to attack diddy and fox.
Robots...don't live underwater.

holy crap this is awesome. Best way to beat a guy is using his own moves against him of course.
No the best way of beating someone is kneeing them in the face.

Tobi-

Smash Ace
Really awesome update!

Fox look's kickass in this video. I assume this is another SSE fight, but what happened to Donkey Kong?

I wonder how this ties into the koopas stealing bananas.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What I found weird about the video is Rayquaza. Shouldn't it be colored black instead of green if it's chasing after heroes?

Black Rayquaza (shiny)

Food for the beast?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Well it doesn't have to be grey/black. It's just a shiny color. It would make him look evil/dark, but it doesn't necessarily need to be black if it's chasing after the heroes.

clowsui

Smash Legend
...you know, this means that the Arwing that landed on the Halberd was one that didn't belong to Fox...FALCO!?

Silent_X

Smash Apprentice
Only thing that would have made that video more awesome would be if Ganon was riding Rayquaza.

And the song was pretty cool also.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember an Airwing landing on the Halbred, I remember one evading the Halbred's assault and took damage from it eventually... leading to Fox's crash in the jungle.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
...you know, this means that the Arwing that landed on the Halberd was one that didn't belong to Fox...FALCO!?
Good call. Though Fox has taken his appearance from Star Fox Command, and in Command all the pilots had slightly different Arwings. So you should be able to tell if it was Falco (or anyone else for that matter) who crashed on the Halberd. :/

Shine accurately reflecting at angles = confirmed? Don't think it ever happened in Melee, but considering the Super Scope can now be angled up and down... Good physics.

burrito

Smash Lord
I don't believe that arwing landed on the Halberd. It was only flying over the Halberd while it was crashing. If you look in the scene after that, you can see that it's still flying off in the distance. It's probably the same arwing that crashes in the jungle.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
I don't believe that arwing landed on the Halberd. It was only flying over the Halberd while it was crashing. If you look in the scene after that, you can see that it's still flying off in the distance. It's probably the same arwing that crashes in the jungle.
Agreed, just watched the clip again.

probably crystal.
Mmm, see what I wrote before. Krystal doesn't fly an Arwing, or not a conventional one anyway. Her ship is pink. :|

Percon

Smash Lord
Wow, nothing can compare to the awesomeness of that video.

Rayquaza pops out of the lake quite WTFly (as someone put it), and then Fox is like ILLUSION! Then Rayquaza'a like WHOAMG *insert move here* then Fox is like "SHINE-IZZLED"

Yeah.

BTW, I also think the move is aura sphere.

EDIT: Wait, the move did considerable damage to him, so it couldn't have been aura sphere (fighting type, would've been ineffective). But if it were dragon pulse, yes, it would've done much damage.

Psychoace

Smash Champion
Agreed, just watched the clip again.

Mmm, see what I wrote before. Krystal doesn't fly an Arwing, or not a conventional one anyway. Her ship is pink. :|
Ah didn't know that I just assumed with contention of the voice actors resume that chances are high that it would be her. The last starfox game I played was on 64.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I don't know what's the best part of this update...

The ease of which Fox took care of Rayquaza
The Fox-Diddy teamup
The fact that we might have a new confirmed boss
Or the new theme (never played Fire Emblem), with lyrics in Latin (wow, they're really pulling out the stops).

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
why do people rationalize to make rayquaza a good guy? what in that possibly makes him good? sakurai says it himself, "(an) evil hand reaches for him from the lake..." Rayquaza IS a bad guy. just cause he saved everyone in sapphire doesnt make him good. he was probably looking out in his best intrest in the game, moreover that doesnt mean in his free time hes walking old ladies across the street. Rayquaza was the perfect character there, a serpent like creature comming out of the lake and attacking? classic. thats some lockness type ish right there. my hopes are on geovanni still for the boss cause i think rayquaza would be an akward battle, but amazing cutscene.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
I think Rayquaza was using Dragon Pulse. Also why is a sky-dwelling Pokemon inside a lake?

Also, I loved the music update.

Disturbed87

Smash Rookie
Wow, Raquaza looks scary and deadly, I don't think we've seen the last of him, or Bowser and DK.

The Fire Emblem music wasn't good in my opinion, wish we would get some non-lyrical music soon, but I can't whine to much, we just got an awsome video.

red stone

Smash Ace
well, i guess this proves that fox has been completely nerfed to a point of unplayablility. did you see how long it took for that reflector to come out?

Top Bottom