• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud9157

Smash Journeyman
Those two are really ****ing good at gimping, MK is the best at it. And I didn't say he never gets gimped, I'm saying you're being a fool.

Yes, trolling around knowing nothing is much healthier.

Since you seem so convinced you've beaten me, explain how recovering so high is a good thing? Snake doesn't have to fall down or anything, leaving him vulnerable on descent. He can try to Nair all he wants, but that isn't all that hard to see coming.

Considering I actually do know some things, I wouldn't say I'm trolling or that I know nothing. Try actually having some truth to your words.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Unlike the anti-pro side, the pro-ban side actually has some variety of their reasoning and details. Anti-ban side had details too, but not as informing. It was basically repeating "MK is not broken." in different contexts.
That's the point. The people on the pro-ban side want to ban MK because he's broken. Plus, in typical debates, if the affirmatives can't get a big enough majority, the status quo tends to be the result.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Inui's amazing gifs alone offer a persuading case for me to vote anti-ban.

I mean, who am I to argue with Miles ****ing Edgeworth???????

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Ignore them if thy sopport the ban and they have a side profile looking like this:

(Insert name)
Smash n00b

Kishin

Smash Ace
I don't think he should be banned but I think it'd be incredibly interesting to see how interesting brawl would evolve if he was.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
It is beyond me how anyone can think that Smash Brothers, a game in which you can play as Donkey Kong and beat the **** out of Pikachu while all sorts of crazy **** is going on, a serious fighting game.

Don't get me wrong, Smash Brothers is a **** fun game, but people taking it seriously are doing it wrong.
Uhh, welcome to Smashboards.

edit: why I am later with this stuff?

I vote non-ban, 'cause that would be a **** move to MK mainers. And 'cause of other reasons I really DON'T feel like posting.

Famous

Smash Champion
This is probably one of the better threads on this site.

It's actually entertaining reading this. I love it.
Lol, this thread is showing peoples true nature...

I could care less if MK is banned or not...If MK is banned, people will be force to put more work in on there characters...

BSP

Smash Legend
I think that :metaknight: is way too broken. He can go from one side of a stage to another twice in a row without touching ground, and a number of other things.
all you mentioned was how good his recovery is. How does that make him broken?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I blame Sakurai.

He's too smart.

He hates the competitiveness, so he made MK just the right amount of broken that he knew we'd waste our time debating, and arguing, and flaming, but in the end he knew we wouldn't ban him.

But he knew we'd john, and get angry, maybe even quit Brawl, because of this character, that was great, but not great enough for us to ban him.

He knew, oh he knew.

Right now, he is laughing. He may not even have an account, but he knows. And he is laughing. At ALL of us.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Debating in this thread is useless.

MK won't get banned either way.
But just see how MK splits the whole community into two sides. Isnt that sad :embarrass ?

Without MK we could finally end this split :(

I blame Sakurai.

He's too smart.

He hates the competitiveness, so he made MK just the right amount of broken that he knew we'd waste our time debating, and arguing, and flaming, but in the end he knew we wouldn't ban him.

But he knew we'd john, and get angry, maybe even quit Brawl, because of this character, that was great, but not great enough for us to ban him.

He knew, oh he knew.

Right now, he is laughing. He may not even have an account, but he knows. And he is laughing. At ALL of us.
THIS! Sakurai is evil :evil:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
As a Kirby main, I say leave him.
As a PT main, I say "Ban his ***!"
As a Sonic main, I say "WTF is a MK?"

But really, I'd like to see Meta Knight banned if only to JUST see where the meta game would go. Even just a temporary ban would be fine.

Think about it.
Would characters like ROB & ICs, that get hard-countered by MK, be more viable?
Would the community become more aware of match-ups?
Who would MK mains fall back on?
Would tourney results be more balanced?
Will The Rabbit ever get his Trix?!

You can't help but be a little curious.

I'm sure even a some of the anti-bans would be willing to settle for a 2-3 month ban and then past final judgment.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
I blame Sakurai.

He's too smart.

He knew, oh he knew.

Even though you're joking, Meta Knight clearly was not designed to be balanced. ****, the fact they intentionally gave him a 1 frame faster airdodge then everyone else in the game is just proof of this. Something so pointless was clearly only added to taunt the people who cared about it.

Gianfranco

Smash Rookie
Uhh, welcome to Smashboards.

edit: why I am later with this stuff?

I vote non-ban, 'cause that would be a **** move to MK mainers. And 'cause of other reasons I really DON'T feel like posting.

i voted non-ban. i find unnecessary to remove ANOTHER character. and MK will end up non-banned either way.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Pro-ban, ask me these questions:

Why now is a ban necessary? You've been using the same argument for a year, and the MK "problem" has only gotten better, yet people are still fussing on about how MK will only get worse, and he's dominating tournament results, etc.

Let's look at something.

This has been said since November, and since November, his overall tournament results have declined. While he still is in the lead for best results, they aren't nearly as bad as half a year ago. Look at the two most recent, most competitive, largest Brawl tournaments; Apex and Genesis. A lot of people said, "Let's wait for Apex!" It happened. One out of the top eight was a pure MK main I believe, with two or three others using him as a secondary in some matches. Ally, a Snake main, won Apex. Most people said, "Let's wait for Genesis!" 3 out of the top 8 were pure MK mains, no one else using him. Ally, a Snake, won Genesis.

These results have a decent decline from other large tournaments such as hobo11 and CoT4 in the past, yet people are saying that MK's tournament results will only grow. They've shrunk. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that his tournament placings will get better.

First of all, what exactly is an even match-up? If you're really on-paper-picky, then even match-ups don't exist except for ditto matches (but even then, port priority). But realistically, an even match-up is just a match-up where it's very close, and the more skilled player will generally win. And the top players are pretty close in skill.

To say that MK has no even or close enough to even match-ups is hard, given the evidence. Ally, a Snake main, has gone back and forth with M2K, an MK main, as well as beating other top MKs. Lain, an Ice Climbers main, beat Dojo and M2K, both MK mains, at Apex. ADHD, a Diddy main, has beaten Dojo in an MM at Apex and come very close to beating both M2K and Tyrant in previous sets.

If MK had a clear advantage on every one of his match-ups, why would things like this be happening?

If you want to argue the match-up specifics of why I think that he has even MUs like Snake, ICs. and Diddy, then go ahead and challenge me, because I don't feel like writing out long match-up summaries. I will say this though; Diddy Kong especially has only improved in this match-up since it's been explored, and he has a lot of known technical room to grow, such as single banana locking and working out the kinks of mid-ranged zoning, room to grow in the match-up that MK doesn't have. These match-ups are looking worse for MK as time goes on.

First: Snake and Diddy Kong.

Second: Planking and aircamping have been known for ages, The infamous Plank vs. SK92 match where Plank...well...planked and played very campy was a match from September of last year. It's late July now. Everybody knows about the match, everybody knows about planking and air-camping, INCLUDING MK mains. If they wanted to have planked every match to net a win by now, they'd do it.

But not only do many people choose not to play like that because it's boring and not fun for them (M2K being a good example of this), many don't do it much even if they could because they aren't horribly broken. A good chunk of the cast has a very safe answer to planking, and EVERYONE can get past planking and air-camping by simply approaching. Is it safe? Not always. Do we know the specifics of what each character can do against planking and air-camping? No. So should people stop saying, "LOL IT'S BROKED BAN EET" and actually try to find out how good or bad it is before they say it's bannable? Yes.

People have been saying that since November.

It's late July now.

Hey, guess what, competitive Brawl still exists! And look, all of the signs, such as his match-ups and tournament placings, show that his lead on the cast that he once held is now, in fact, slipping! There's no evidence to suggest that the meta-game will deteriorate, especially since people have been saying that for over half a year and the situations only gotten better!

There is no logical reason to ban MK at this point. While the scare back in November or whatever was understandable, the situation's gotten better, and pro-ban is using the exact same argument. If competitive Brawl would have died, it would have happened by now. There is no evidence to suggest that MK will have some broken new tech, or MK will dominate results in the future. Even if there was, you don't ban things pre-emptively because you theory-craft that they MIGHT be bad. You ban them when they're a problem.

Meta Knight is not a problem, and Meta Knight will not be a problem.

Meta Knight should not be banned.
Look at this argument AGAIN, who wants to respond to it?

Seriously.

I'm about to stroke out by the idiocy in this thread.

Also, what's this more work thing? If MK was really this auto fall back on character, you'd see random scrubs winning large tournaments, or even tournaments period with him, and tournament results wouldn't be consistent at all because you'd just have an influx of people using MK and placing really high!

Oh wait, that isn't happening.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
SuSa, considering ROB outcamps him to hell, Snake already lost one of his best advantages.

Snake won't be killing him anytime soon (by Snake's standards), and ROB gimps him easily.
Snake can outcamp ROB so long as you are mobile.. many of the Snake's agree upon this. While hard, it is possible.

ROB can outcamp us in Weegee's Mansion, last I checked that is banned (at least it is in my area)

We do kill ROB by our standards.

Everyone can gimp Snake, that doesn't make it auto-their favor.

noradseven

Smash Lord
^^^ tru dat ZSS pwns snake but wait the matchup is still basically even cause you weight 1 million tons and if you predict us a few times we die yeah.

As a Kirby main, I say leave him.
As a PT main, I say "Ban his ***!"
As a Sonic main, I say "WTF is a MK?"

But really, I'd like to see Meta Knight banned if only to JUST see where the meta game would go. Even just a temporary ban would be fine.

Think about it.
Would characters like ROB & ICs, that get hard-countered by MK, be more viable?
Would the community become more aware of match-ups?
Who would MK mains fall back on?
Would tourney results be more balanced?
Will The Rabbit ever get his Trix?!

You can't help but be a little curious.

I'm sure even a some of the anti-bans would be willing to settle for a 2-3 month ban and then past final judgment.
Snake/marth domination, there have been plenty of MK banned tournies this is the general rule.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I'm currently undecided as of right now. I mean I can clearly see why MK should be banned, but at the same time it seems like banning him would split the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom