• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fourth and final community vote about Meta Knight.

Should Meta Knight be banned from competitive Brawl?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clouderz

Smash Ace
i dotn think mk should be banned in my opinion
but i DO think plank should be banned and he should never be allowed to see the light of day ever again

*awaits an ifraction*

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

Everyone is still arguing?

It's over. This poll will only net the pro-ban side two or three votes at most at this point, and anti-ban has a healthy lead in the SBR poll (that shouldn't be a serious leak). The 2/3 majority is now completely impossible. Even a small win is looking impossible.

Anti-ban has won. The truth has been revealed. Justice has prevailed.
The poll is useless because everybody cheated, it's too soon to deal with this (as I explained in my blog post, we really don't have the data yet to really decide), and overall this was a useless debacle.

Why'd we do this anyway?

Even though it's obvious my side is prevailing, this was done wrong and is a stupid waste of time for all involved.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
The poll is useless because everybody cheated, it's too soon to deal with this (as I explained in my blog post, we really don't have the data yet to really decide), and overall this was a useless debacle.

Why'd we do this anyway?

Even though it's obvious my side is prevailing, this was done wrong and is a stupid waste of time for all involved.
We are weeding out all alts. used to vote via several methods. The poll will be more precise when it is done. So all of those who cheated wasted their time.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
are you saying im a washed up sf veteran? because i am and proud of it.
Well you just told me you are so...

and even so, you're awesome for being proud of a game you put your heart and soul into.

**** yeah, man. :laugh:

isnt banning MK just gonna put snake on top again anyway, and then whichever character is his counterpick?

I have never picked up a character because of how good he was. I pick a character when a game comes out and i play him, in SF it was always Vega. And when sf4 came around i realized he was severely gimped ( Flying barcelona very unsafe, claws fall off and mask, most moves unsafe, and worst of all a very unsafe pressure game ) instead of giving up me and a few others in the sf community worked our ***** off to advance his game. Vega is still considered one of the worst in SF4 but we found alot of things to keep him competitive. when evo came we rocked vega even though the community dubbed him as " crap ".

what im trying to say is if the community would stop complaining about MK, rule sets, and what to ban, maybe a couple more characters would be competitive.
Do you REALLY think we haven't tried that? I main Jigglypuff. I have since 64 and Melee.

Most of the people who still rock a character out of love for that character managed to convince themselves that they countered or went even with Metaknight.

We really did stand in front of a mirror every day and tell ourselves that "We can do this", with tears in our eyes.

We tried having the mindset. We looked for new techniques and possible combos to exploit, but in the end Metaknight has an answer to all of them. :(

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
We are weeding out all alts. used to vote via several methods. The poll will be more precise when it is done. So all of those who cheated wasted their time.
So what about all those idiots who voted yes "for the lulz" or to make M2K quit Brawl?

:059:

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
So what about all those idiots who voted yes "for the lulz" or to make M2K quit Brawl?

:055:
WTF kind of bull**** is this? Did people REALLY do this?! :laugh:

And it's not like the Anti-ban side doesn't have it's share of idiots, ok? Half of the people with accounts here are ignorant morons, with no intention of listening to any form of argument. inb4likeyou? :laugh:

But it's all good. I'm sure M2K would pick up...some one. :confused:

BTW did M2K REALLY consider Squirtle to be Top Tier, or did I hear wrong?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285

And it's not like the Anti-ban side doesn't have it's share of idiots, ok? Half of the people with accounts here are ignorant morons, with no intention of listening to any form of argument. inb4likeyou? :laugh:

BTW did M2K REALLY consider Squirtle to be Top Tier, or did I hear wrong?
He was talking about characters that were all better than Snake, Squirtle and Pikachu being two of them.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Then we're ****ed.

What about those idiots who voted no to "piss off the scrubs" or to keep M2K from quitting Brawl? How about all those Melee people who voted no just to piss of some of the Brawl community?

Exactly. :|
or the people who voted no because they feel we can beat him if we keep trying and thinks hes truley not OP or we just gotta be better than M2K even if its not possible

or the people who voted yes because they love their own character enough to take away their worst matchup or can no longer take the strain of losing to so many MK

see we can play this game all night xD

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
He was talking about characters that were all better than Snake, Squirtle and Pikachu being two of them.
You can't even count Squirtle as his own character...

If you don't play PT with some variability in which pokemon you use, you're really doing it wrong.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You're very bad at this game.
The one called "constraint."
It's not like he said anything that wasn't already well known. It was pretty much a bottom of the hill, uphill battle for the pro-ban from the start and it became abundantly clear how things would turn out when Hylian came in expressing his opinions. Why debate then? Because its fun and is pretty much the reason why anyone has come into this thread despite knowing that the poll would end up just like the first three, pro-ban winning by 5-6%. As already said, the 3,000 or so people who voted in this poll were only worth a few votes so, all in all, it really wasn't called to question that the SBR would come to the same conclusions as the first three polls. In a sense, I can tell, they'd probably prefer it if the public didn't get a say considering this is the last public poll. It complicates things and that's understandable. How can you have true authority if people object to what you've passed? Regardless, I just wanted to leave with a quote on the matter:

"I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion."- Thomas Jefferson

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
hmm...maybe we should ban MK so M2K will quit brawl and play melee again that way all the scrubs that wont get off his D*** will play melee thus making Melee more popular and brawl being the poor excuse of a competiyive game it is will finally die like it should have a year ago.

i could get behind this...

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Oh I'm sorry sir, do you have any records of ANY player who uses only ONE of the three pokemon?

I didn't think so.
No, but I do know that there's no "right" way to play PT.

Also, using just Squirtle for a match or just Charizard for a match is not unheard of, that being that when they switch out to the other two, they're trying to get back to the chosen one ASAP.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Doesn't matter. He said "if he was allowed to be alone."

Of course there's fatigue and forced switching. Squirtle is the best out of the three, no question.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I don't care about that first part, the "if he was allowed to be alone" thing. I'm not even talking about the first part. I'm talking about the other part to his post. To clarify, when I said, "No, but I do know that there's no "right" way to play PT", the "no" part addressed everything he was saying at first, and the rest of it addressed the whole "you're really doing it wrong if you don't do this with PT."

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't care about that first part, the "if he was allowed to be alone" thing. I'm not even talking about the first part. I'm talking about the other part to his post.
lolraph.

M2K said that. "and Squirtle if he was allowed to be alone."

Notice how there's no quote tags.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think we're both confused here.

Let's just focus on the PT comment about how people that don't use Ivy aren't doing it right.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
No, but I do know that there's no "right" way to play PT.

Also, using just Squirtle for a match or just Charizard for a match is not unheard of, that being that when they switch out to the other two, they're trying to get back to the chosen one ASAP.
You do know that the phrase "you're doing it wrong" is commonly used on the internet and not meant to be taken very seriously right? :dizzy:

Doesn't matter. He said "if he was allowed to be alone."

Of course there's fatigue and forced switching. Squirtle is the best out of the three, no question.
Agreed. ;)

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Alright, picking up from your post:

There's no wrong way to play PT.

Looks like I'm right at where I've been the whole time.

You do know that the phrase "you're doing it wrong" is commonly used on the internet and not meant to be taken very seriously right? :dizzy:
Yes. I also know that "you're doing it wrong" makes an implication about something. What you put before implies a certain way of playing PT. There's no wrong way to play PT, so long as it works for you and is reasonable.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Alright, picking up from your post:

There's no wrong way to play PT.

Looks like I'm right at where I've been the whole time.

Yes. I also know that "you're doing it wrong" makes an implication about something. What you put before implies a certain way of playing PT. There's no wrong way to play PT, so long as it works for you and is reasonable.
If I want to start a match out as Ivysaur against a Dedede, then sure I'd get chainthrown my first two stocks, but it's all about preference and not shunning any one's playstyle right? ;)

I was implying that not using PTs variability to its full potential is not a good idea. Hence the "you're doing it wrong". Please stop trying to call me out on my post, because sure there is technically no "wrong" way to play any character, but there are inefficient ways to play them.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
not in west coast there is xD talks of brawl+ are nonexistant here
Let's not start with Brawl +. Too many simple set ups, and B-Brawl is VASTLY better in almost every way. Yes I am biased. If you're going to flame me or call me out on this, you should go try B-Brawl for a while, and see how truly awesome it is. :laugh:

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
If I want to start a match out as Ivysaur against a Dedede, then sure I'd get chainthrown my first two stocks, but it's all about preference and not shunning any one's playstyle right? ;)

I was implying that not using PTs variability to its full potential is not a good idea. Hence the "you're doing it wrong". Please stop trying to call me out on my post, because sure there is technically no "wrong" way to play any character, but there are inefficient ways to play them.
Of *course* there are inefficient ways to play the character. I'm not sure why you'd have to make a drastic change to PT from DDD to, I don't effing know, Yoshi. Yes, he's capable of it, but you can easily be one of those players that has an outstanding ____ and, when that Pokemon suffers big time, CP with anyone else.

Excuse me if it comes off as nitpicky, but the whole reason I started in the first place is that the variability comes with the player, not necessarily from PT himself. He just happens to be a good representation of what you can do if you vary things up.

The smartassy part was for how definitive what you said sounded. Unnecessary, perhaps, but it is what it is.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Let's not start with Brawl +. Too many simple set ups, and B-Brawl is VASTLY better in almost every way. Yes I am biased. If you're going to flame me or call me out on this, you should go try B-Brawl for a while, and see how truly awesome it is. :laugh:
I still have yet to play either but I still think they will evenutally become the norm if this keeps up. We're getting to the point that completely new characters will be added into the game by the end of the year so I think online Brawl has a very bright future ahead of it.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i like B+, if the community can create a national rulset for it thats acceptable i would definably get into it

also, i love your sig xDDDD

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I hope not...

Well, even if it's banned in america i think it won't be banned in europe. T.T
Why would you be concerned about Europe? There are hardly any good Meta Knights in Europe, and Meta Knight is absolutely no problem there.

Oh well, enjoy your camping and planking fellas; Imma go play Melee/Brawl+/something fun where I can make more than one character selection and be competitive.
I don't know whether I should laugh or cry at this statement.

Yes, there are several postings in here stating that, or similar things.

Yes, of course Anti-Ban has idiots, too, both sides are at fault.

No. Mew2King will most likely quit Brawl, he said so himself. He has invested countless hours of training to become better with Meta Knight, and if he loses his main, he won't just pick up someone else, he simply will play some other game.

But eh, I'm done with this thread...

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Of *course* there are inefficient ways to play the character. I'm not sure why you'd have to make a drastic change to PT from DDD to, I don't effing know, Yoshi. Yes, he's capable of it, but you can easily be one of those players that has an outstanding ____ and, when that Pokemon suffers big time, CP with anyone else.

Excuse me if it comes off as nitpicky, but the whole reason I started in the first place is that the variability comes with the player, not necessarily from PT himself. He just happens to be a good representation of what you can do if you vary things up.

The smartassy part was for how definitive what you said sounded. Unnecessary, perhaps, but it is what it is.
Hmm. Well pardon sounding so definitive. :laugh:

ttyl, I'm passing out :psycho:

I love how the conversations in SWF drift from the original topic onto other topics loosely connected to the main topic xD

M2K plays MK > M2K says this > squirtle potiential > PT potiential > Brawl +

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
I love how the conversations in SWF drift from the original topic onto other topics loosely connected to the main topic xD

M2K plays MK > M2K says this > squirtle potiential > PT potiential.
cuz thats how we do it round hear at SWF, we troll, we flame, we have an intelligient conversation here and there and then we sip tea and talk about something else...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom