• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Forum Games Rules & Social Thread [Extra hugs, donuts and mods inside!!]

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I think it's because nobody posted in them for a while.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So how are you all doing?
Personally I've been doing okay. Recently I saw a movie (Santa Claus) yesterday and I liked it.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
meh been bored and planning
i'm usually all by myself at home, so i have an lot of free time, yet not enough things to satisfy that

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I'm going home for the holidays in 3 weeks from today. My Christmas is gonna be on the 26th this year! Other than that been same old stuff y'know.

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
No complaints on my end. I might surprise my parents and buy a new Christmas tree with decorations and stuff since they've been complaining that the one they've been using is getting too ragged.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally I have no idea what I'm doing for Christmas. But hopefully it'll be fun.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'll be doing what I usually do. Spending time with family, watching specials and movies etc.

As well as exchanging gifts with each other on the 25th of course. :p

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Last year I was at a Hospice with my family. Because my grandmother had a few problems and wasn't expected to survive much longer.. (she's still here thankfully)
So I'm hoping this year will be less stressful..

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
My family doesn't really do much for Christmas, it's mostly just an excuse to make the house look pretty. We usually leave the tree up for about 3 months, but that's just because we're all lazy :/.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
My family starts getting Christmas decorations down a few days after New Year's Eve, the tree, real or fake, is always top priority.

We all basically have a whole system set for putting up/taking down decorations for holidays each year lol, at least for October November and December. We go all out in decor for those months.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm getting back into Mario Kart 8 lately. It's a breath of fresh air lag-wise compared to Sm4sh's team battles. It makes me wonder, how can 12 players have a lag-free race while 4 people can possibly turn into a powerpoint presentation?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I also need to play Mario Kart 8 again....

Speaking of MK8, has anyone else really been into any other particular games as of late? (other than Smash of course)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've been thinking, and I've come to the conclusion that we might need to reinvent the Count to Fifty Mod-ombs Thread.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Exactly how so?
That I have no idea.
The issue I see is that on both sides we have discouraged mods from continuing the count (and I can tell that many prefer to destroy rather than build the count), and overzealous users constantly posting. And honestly yelling and screaming (or what Cliff and Keybladeguy have been doing) is not going to help anything.

So long story short all I know is it might have to do with a possible change in the rules. Something to make it a bit easier for the mods.

how about having the premium members join the mod side?
Like this for example.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That's a possibility. And I did feel that the mods were at an uneven advantage when it came to the amount of users that came here, and Premiums could balance that out (or, if we pit them against us, give them a challenge more like our thread).

Gatlin

I think that's a good idea. As far as I know, only about 4 mods frequently visit this section. Or at least make enough effort to post. And the rest post every now and then; but not frequent enough to be "of use" for a thread like the 50-mod omb one. I would be alright with having a mod/user vs. premium count instead.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What would the goal be if we went through with the "Premiums stop the count" one?

I'd say about 150, at the very least.

That is assuming regular users like most of us here would stop by there about as often we visit the original Bob-omb thread.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Judging by how much we tend to post on our own (and on the other thread), I think we'll be fine.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm still down for it, just to let you know. To clarify, it would just be the regular premiums, not mod premiums or anything like that. They'd be counting, too.

Also, I recently found a website that lets you play a bunch of gameboy games. I'm playing Crash Nitro Kart right now, the memories are flooding back, holy crap.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
The mod thread could have the premiums on their side instead( and still be against the ordinary users.)

Gatlin

I kinda like the idea of the mods/users against premium haha

it's been almost 4 years since I've gotten a chance to count with normal users

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I like the Mod + normal users vs. Premium idea.

Imo, we should let the old mod-omb thread stay, and make a new thread.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Any bets this time?
Not really.
For one, it's really been Fal and Liberation who have been frequenting the thread, so the variety has been lacking. Also, many been trying to avoid getting terrible avatars, myself included (at least for now).

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Not really.
For one, it's really been Fal and Liberation who have been frequenting the thread, so the variety has been lacking. Also, many been trying to avoid getting terrible avatars, myself included (at least for now).
I love how you replied to him in this thread. GENIUS!

Top Bottom