• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Forum Games Rules & Social Thread [Extra hugs, donuts and mods inside!!]

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
:troll: you'll have to find it somewhere in forum games. I'd rather not have more mods destroying our bombs

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Y'know, when I look at the list of members with largest number of posts, and see my post count among users from 2008-09, I feel strange.

But I then I see MVG and BluePikmin, and take solace in the fact that I'm not alone.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
You apparently need 10.8K posts to make that list, so I'm halfway there! Too bad like 3000 of my posts were from my first year on the site, so I probably still have about 6-8 years until I reach 10.8K. But by that time the lowest on that list will probably be like 16K :( The struggle

Gatlin

Also just realized in 8 years when I reach 10.8K posts, I'll also be 30 years old ewwwwwwhdjsiebdixb

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm on the most likes board. Was much higher for a time (I had the third most amount of likes for a while actually) but I'm still there at least.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I'm surprised I'm even on the most like board considering my activity can be compared to an sloth who sleeps 20 hours a day who's to lazy to move

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Come to think of it, if I posted as much (outside of the Forum Games) as I used to when I first started peaking activity on this site (which IIRC was the same day the first trailer for the game surfaced) I probably would've been on the Most Messages board by now as well. :laugh:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Come to think of it, if I posted as much (outside of the Forum Games) as I used to when I first started peaking activity on this site (which IIRC was the same day the first trailer for the game surfaced) I probably would've been on the Most Messages board by now as well. :laugh:
And then we could all weep together how we'll never catch up to Mic.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Out of curiosity...why were a bunch of threads below the old locked "Hurt N' Heal" locked all of the sudden?

I thought that kind of thing would only occur to threads that were stuck on the second page of the Forum Games for a certain amount of time.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Out of curiosity...why were a bunch of threads below the old locked "Hurt N' Heal" locked all of the sudden?

I thought that kind of thing would only occur to threads that were stuck on the second page of the Forum Games for a certain amount of time.
Inactivity for long periods.

Last edited:

Gatlin

Yes, the board is free with minimal restrictions. Generally, the only thing I ask is for games to be able to be played by anyone and for people to have fun with them.

Toon link is 2cute!

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4699-6547-1774
Wait what is the difference bwteen decisive games and forum games? Should i post my game in decisive games or is here fine

Gatlin

Wait what is the difference bwteen decisive games and forum games? Should i post my game in decisive games or is here fine
It depends on how your game is run.

If it's just a game where anyone can join in at any given time, has no player limit, and is just a casual game which has very minimal rules, then it would be fine here.

If it's a game that has a certain ruleset or playstyle that must be followed, has a player limit or a turn-based playstyle, and/or has an end point to the game, then decisive games would probably be better.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Hey gatlin, got an question accruing to this form and knowing your going to pop on in.
King has been wanting to create an ace attorney thread around here, and I'm interested in it and wanted to help out, we've just wanted to check with ya before creating it just in case.
Below is some of the posts we had about it.

Would definitely like to hear some suggestions, yeah.

The game would encourage (but not necessarily require, if only for the sake of not lagging the page for others) use of Ace Attorney gifs and done in the basic Ace Attorney format posting style as we usually do with them of course.

And basically there would be a nominations/voting system of some sort, where someone suggests a topic to debate (it can be just about anything, after all it's' an Ace Attorney debate. Meant to be fun, but not taken too seriously) and others can vote or nominate for that to be the next subject of debate.

Still not entirely sure about some other parts of it, so I would like to hear your ideas too. Furthermore if I do open it, the game won't start immediately, I'll be open to some suggestions then as well, sort of like how the Hurt N' Heal threads were IIRC.
I was thinking of it being more akin to the games,
Basically in other words we debate crimes, or anything really with the objections, testimonys, and all round wackiness of the games. The defense, prosecution, the judge, and the witnesses. And if we aren't doing anything in particular or waiting for other users to make it to the courtroom, the thread would be used to goof around (basically an extent of what you guys did back in" your banned")
I could go into more detail but that an basic of what I've thought
I like the sound of that as well. How would we go about debating these crimes? Like, which subjects are chosen for debate when?
How we will debate these are simple the judge would begin the court/game, the prosecution would give an explanation/description of the crime, the defense would give an opinion or remain quiet, the prosecution would summon an witness and we'll go on from there(as in go from gut)
The way I've always thought about how we get our cases is one of two ways,
One right before court begins the players in game would create a case, the victim, police files, autospy, count record, and after we get the framework set up we'll go along with it through out the case adding and making more of it as we go.
The second is much more complex where people who are not part of the case will weave the story and when its all complete hand out parts and bit to the players, making some know much more than others, and others completely in the dark. which would allow for contradictions and new info to appear to weave the story that was created.
Of course both gots flaws and errors but that's what I got, I imagine with me and you brainstorming we could come up with something better
I would assume so. :p

You're more knowledgeable about the exact mechanics of Ace Attorney than I am, though I could definitely help out with additional things like how cases are created/decided upon.
Then its deicided, ill ask gatlin if we got the green light for the game, and we'll continue discussing/brainstorming

Gatlin

Um... yaaaaaaa!!
that would be fine to make :D it sounds fun

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Just an heads up to gatlin (and anyone who comes here often)
I'll be uploading my old thread from the ssbc forms to here, it's one of those roster contests ones but an community votes instead of an signal person making everyone (including guests) an participant.
It was supposed to be transferred over but I was an little late on being informed and being in something I didn't know what to do, asked an moderator for help, sent an request but I guess I was an little late on the draw and it got closed, its still was in the middle of an round and is slightly popular so I thought to revive it in the proper section.
Anyway I'll just let ya guys know ahead of time it'll be coming around 7-8 pm when I get time at home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom