• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forum Games: Discussion Topic (Mafia Hosting List, too)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
6969 is sooo like the past right now;)

This goes for both the "cheat" game and the video game... game.

If some one posts a game like, Super Mario 64. Then the next poster has 3 options:

1. A game that starts with the number 4.

2. A game that starts with r, due to FOUR.

3. However you can also skip numbers if you want, so in this case you would have to find a game that starts with O.

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
But I'm sure if you look think enough, you can think of a game that starts with any number.

That's why I am committed to always posting a game starting with a number!!!

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
agrees with Kid Icarus.

Also that is the difference between being spam or not.

I'm sure Kid Icarus could easily just name 10 games that start with R, but the fact that he rather want to have a challenge and search for a game that starts with 4, is the proof that Forum Games aint just spam.

Aurora Grid

Smash Lord
* New Game Idea *

Well I tought up a new idea for a game, and I want to see if it's an appropiate game for the Forum Games board, so here it goes.

" The Decision Game "

Well the rules are simple put up a situation and 3 choices on how to solve it, the next poster then will then answer with which one he/she thinks is the best solution. like this.

---- POSTER 1 -----

I got really mad today, how do I get over it?

A) See a Psychologist
B) Go on a killing Spree
C) Jump off a building

--- POSTER 2 -----

A) See a Psychologist

What should I do after school?

A) Go to the Arcade
B) Go home
C) Sleep at the front of the school

And so on..

What do you all think? Is there any ways to improve it? Well if so please tell me, thanks

Aurora Out

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
See, I think we already have games similar to this: The Situation Game, Good Idea Bad Idea, What's the worst that could happen, all not IDENTICAL mind, but very similar. I'd have to deline this one.

Samus-Metroid

Smash Journeyman
UM...Hi.
Anyways, after reading through half of this and making a game before that, I feel kinda odd.
Would a Riddle Board be good?

Cardzmaster2004

Smash Journeyman
Hi. I was thinking of doing a Celebrity Jeopardy style game where one person posts a catagory and answer from Jeopardy and the other person posts a celebrity's stupid answer and another answer. Here's a run of two posts
------------

Poster 1: (strater of topic)

Catagory: Appliances that end in "Fridgerator".

Answer: This is where you would put Ham and Turkey in order to keep them chilled.
---------------

Poster Two:

Martha Stuart: What is the stove?

Catagory: Video Games

Answer: This game has the initials SSB.
------------------

Ans so on. Would this be okay to start up?

SabreAnt

Smash Lord
Intruder alert

MK, Tic, you guys moderate this forum I know, so why has Kirby King gone and closed the thread: 'Type the above posters name with your elbow'? I thought it was downright hilarious myself, and this makes me think, isnt closing a thread in forum games
out of his jurisdiction? I wanted to post to it, but now I cannot. If you think its a stupid game too, then fair enough, but if thats the case, then one of you should be the one to close it.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
Kirby King is a Super Mod(like me) he can edit/close/open etc. topics in other rooms as much as he likes.

Of course me and Tic(as well as Kiki) would reopen a closed topic if we felt that it deserved another chance(or whatever).

However in this case I agree with Kirby King.

Also there's defintely nothing wrong with other mods closing topics outside their own rooms. If there's a spam topic in Forum Games on a day when both me and Tic are gone, then it's nice to know that KiKi would probably take care of it.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Any chance of the "Poster above me" game being re-opend? I thought it was a good game, helped people know others and so on. hat do you think? (If it does, ruls would have to be tighter....)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
Has anyone tried to do SWF Survivor? The T.V. series just finished and i was thinking how we could do that on the SWF. I figured out a way but before i start a thread i want to know who would be interested and has anyone done it before?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Cubed, The Master Foot did that big brother game not too long ago, enjoying a fair bit of sucess. I'd look it up, see how it went early on and maybe contact TMF yourself. Other than that, count me in! (I wanna get a banner cooler than ant's)

Cubed64

Grimer Elitist
The game would be similar to The Big Brother Game except the players vote each other out instead of the general public. The only difficult thing would be immunity and how to achieve it. Since not everyone is on the internet at the same time it would be unfair to do timed challenges. I figured a way around this is everything should work out fine. I might start up the game quite soon. As soon as i get some more support from other people.

Anyone else interested?

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Cubed, I can personally tell you it would be closed. TBC closed a total of 5 some-such identical games in his tenure in this room. On that precedent, I would close them with little, if any, regret. Also, I personally dislike TMF's Big Brother game, as much of the topic has revolved around a debate about the rules. Also, it falls under the No RPGs rule. The reason we don't have RPGs is that they only include a select number, and it's not fair to force the rest of us to scroll past them. Granted, one wouldn't hurt, but imagine, say 30 of them, none of which you were interested in. Not very entertaining, eh? So, we'll hold the floodgate of RPGs at none, and not allow a game, like this, that excludes such a high proportion of people.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
OK, That makes sence. No one really explained why the others were closed (not counting the cr** ones that were just "Put your name down if you want to play"). And to think, I thought it was just that the Mods all hated Realtiy TV.

i_am_a_fish

Smash Cadet
Would an online waterfight be acceptable? I've done/seen them on loads of other forums with massive success (Up to 20 pages at best). For variety I allow people to deliver the water however they like (within reason) and I get a popular, if a bit mad game. Only water can be used, no physical violence any object that delivers the water can be used though, such as water guns or my favourite, water balloons dropped from stealth bombers.:crazy:

RichBrown

Smash Master
BB2

im feeling evil :grrr: :demon: :grrr:

yes, despite all the mods hating it (a lot), im seriously considering doing a second installemnt. i have been debating wether or not i should do it, but i had expected to get it started by early june. right now im leaning towards it, since it got an excellent response the 1st time. id also tighten up the rules and add/delete a few so everyone is happy (you listening, rockcrock?)

yeah, so anyone who is interested, look out in maybe a week or 2. remember, no absolute garuntees im gonna run it, but theres a good chance. for those of you who have absolutely no idea what im talking about, look in my sig.

now normally i would just post my sig here so everyone could see it, but in this case since tic and mk and kk and tbc all hate me for the horrible evil i commited in forum games (yeah, BB) im gonna show a little decentcy by simply telling people to look up one of my posts.

of course, it would be real decent to take the time to copy/paste the sig info to here, or explain the game, but im too low for that.

EDIT in response to Tic's post: but you see, my game does involve the public, and it solves that problem and makes everyone happy and feel like they are in flower sunshine land!!!

wow..... bits of my happiness are spurting out already....

about the rule debate..... i learned a thing or 2 the 1st time around, and TMF learned how to get people to shut up.

BB is the only good game of its kind. i got numerous PM's shortly after the game ended asking if they could help out w/ the game. I put a heluva lot of thought and heart into it, and it paid back in spades.

ok im done ranting.

the sideburns

Smash Journeyman
well, my initial attempt at the Videogame Chain Game fizzled out horribly, due to lack of organization and some very unclear rules. i've re-organized the rules completely, and i have faith that VGCG: Vol. 2 might actually do well. everyone feel free to check it out, and lend me your constructive criticism. thanks!

EDIT:

:( nobody has played it yet except my smash partner and one fellow clan member. :(

it seems like people only play the mindless spammy games. maybe everybody's more interested in accumulating posts & gil than actually participating in a fun/clever/thoughtful game? i'm probably just being impatient, it's only been a day. if you're reading this, please play my Chain Game! and if you check it out and aren't interested, let me know what about the game turns you off so I can improve in the future. thanks again.

SECOND EDIT:

well some more people are playing now! yay! but i got a comment from a player saying that "the mods might frown upon me posting every other post". i honestly don't care at all about getting a high post count.. i'm just trying to judge people's entries regularly in the beginning of the game to make sure everyone knows what to expect and what kinds of posts get good scores. if any MODs are reading this right now, check it out and PM me if there's any problem with what i'm doing on my thread.

Neophos

Smash Ace
well, i thought out a little game...

it something like, you post a character, and his strength, and then the net poster posts a new character, that can nullify/destroy the strength, and then post a new strength of that character.

so what do you thhink, and mostly, have this been made 100 times before??

Edit: Grammar and sig....:(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Tic, MK, hows it going? I was just flicking back over past games and such and was wondering if we could have the person above me game re-opened or recreated. What ya think?

the sideburns

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Neophos
so what do you thhink, and mostly, have this been made 100 times before??

Edit: Grammar and sig....:(
Yeah... try again.

About your idea for a game... i haven't seen that exact game before, but it seems a little lacking in potential for variety.

Example: one character has ice, the next has fire, the next has water, the next has.... nuclear explosion. game over.

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
Neo- I think we had a game like that at one time, and it didn't go so well. Give me some more time to look into it before you open it.

mic- Not at this point, no. I don't think that the members of the room could handle it. I suspect we'll see another Male Shiek/Devious trend open up, or people spamming the game just to raise post count. But, I'll consider it and when I think the time is right, I'll give you the go-ahead to open a new one.

And guys, I have to thank you both for asking about these games first in this topic before opening them. You have no idea how much I appreciate that.

Neophos

Smash Ace
Ticadrius, no prob^^

and sideburns, unless we should end u in Pokemon, there shouldnt be like fire-ice-water and so...

More like:

Cloud got a big sword. he slices you in 2 pieces.

Talim is freakin fast. She runs around Cloud and give him a whack in the head.

or something like that.

but, i understood it was non-new, so i will think up somethnig newer, better, cooler, funnier and with graphics.

Flarefox

Smash Ace
I've got an idea for a game...

A person thinks of an event or famous story. The person then tries to tell this story through the forums without the use of words. Only smileys and symbols/characters/letters to suggest objects or actions would be allowed. After the story is made, the poster posts it, and others try to guess the story/event.

What do you all think? Maybe someone can get this kind of game up and running if it is a new idea. :) Feel free to make any changes necessary for a better game.

Metroid Killer

Smash Hero
I think it's time for a new Sig Pig... we've had the old one for a long time, but now it's kinda outdated and the Forum Games mods hardly ever use it anymore.

So here I present Sig Pig ano 2005!

It's pretty big so it'll mainly be used in closing posts where the topic creater posted his/her sig.

NessExclusively

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering if I could do a game called

EASY TRIVIA

every week I'd post an extremely easy trivia question, something that everyone knows. Howevor the point of the game is not to be the first to get the right answer, it is to get the funniest answer. so it'd go something like this.

Question: Who's Link's arch enemy?

I wouldn't post this but the obvious answer would be ganondorf

now the posters would go something like this

NessExclusively: The green suit eaters from outer space

MetroidKiller : Morlock elf destroyer extrodinaire, he destroys all elves extrodinairily

Ticadrius : Me because I said so

Zootematix : Ganondorf

I'd give people a week to answer, I'd pick the funniest answer they get 3 points, the dumbest answer, they'd get 2 points,and the first person to get the question right they'd get 1 point, also I'd give someone an honorable mention, they'd get 1 point also. You can post for one thing, so if you want the gaurunteed 1 point for the answer that's the only point you can get or you can try for the 3 or 2 points. So the standings after the previous " posts " would be like this

Funniest Answer
MetroidKiller : Morlock elf destroyer extrodinaire, he destroys all elves extrodinairily

Dumbest Answer
Ticadrius : Me because I said so

Honorable Mention
NessExclusively: The green suit eaters from outer space

Correct Answer
Zootematix : Ganondorf

Then I'd update the standings

Standings
MetroidKiller 3 points
Ticadrius 2 points
NessExclusively 1 point
Zootematix 1 point

Tell me what you think, and if there has already been this game before plz tell me and i'll drop it. OH and if anyone steals this topic i'll be so so so mad

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Assuming everything went correctly, you can no longer post your sig in Forum Games. So now you don't have to worry about remembering to remove it. ;)

Of course, the Black List is still around for those who break the rules of the games they play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom