• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forcepalm flame SUCKS.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Yes, Jab-Jab-FP is an awesome combo.

YES, I prefer the VERY LIMITED FP chain on SOME characters that works to a LOW %.

HOWEVER, I believe that they could've done better.

What do YOU Think Lucario's sideB should've been?

I would've loved it to be something awesomer, like Hyper Beam.

Or Close Comba-

GIGA ATTACK. Holy **** that would rock.

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
It should've been Force Palm, just as it is now. HOWEVER, it also should've been made to be able to grab targets in the air and punch them while falling straight down and the ability to break out of it removed to prevent buggy issues (and make it more awesome of course). Ya know, like how Boozer's Side-B has the same effect when used on the ground and in the air... except Force Palm can't be DI'd.

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
Close combat sounds awesome but that would make lucarios side-b kind of a copy of marth's side b...
i think that maybe they could have made forcepalm a lil more like ganondork's side-b cause of the longer range

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Close combat sounds awesome but that would make lucarios side-b kind of a copy of marth's side b...
i think that maybe they could have made forcepalm a lil more like ganondork's side-b cause of the longer range
And that's a bad thing? Marth's SideB is 2 gud. ;-;

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yes, Jab-Jab-FP is an awesome combo.

YES, I prefer the VERY LIMITED FP chain on SOME characters that works to a LOW %.

HOWEVER, I believe that they could've done better.

What do YOU Think Lucario's sideB should've been?

I would've loved it to be something awesomer, like Hyper Beam.

Or Close Comba-

GIGA ATTACK. Holy **** that would rock.
So many Pokemon moves, so little time...

I personally think the Side B should have been Hitmonlee's Rolling Kick, Lucario Style! He would roll with his aura damaging his opponent and he'd finish with him spring kicking the snot outta his adversary. It would have impressive knockback and it would open the door to juggling.

And no...not Hyper Bean. Lucario is no savage. He's acrobatic, calm, and majestic.

Timbers

check me out
Anything remotely close to Ganon's sideB would have been awesome. It'd help Luc's game immensely. Getting some form of long distance grab would have been delicious.

Browny

Smash Hater
force palm is completely awesome, i wouldnt have it any other way.

just like so many of lucarios moves, its very unique (dair, AS, ES, Final smash, DT) and also looks completely badass.

getting an FP KO is almost as satisfying as a DT KO

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I wanted side B to be vacuum wave...

Lucario is THE best user of Vacuum Wave in the game. Period.

And his Final smash should have been close combat...or Flash cannon.

KUROK

Smash Cadet
Anything remotely close to Ganon's sideB would have been awesome. It'd help Luc's game immensely. Getting some form of long distance grab would have been delicious.
QFT 10longdistancegrabs

I agree on the Final Smash thing, it makes me sad when Pit just flys around avoiding the whole thing. ): Maybe something like Hidden Power or Giga Impact; Close Combat would be cool too.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Close combat final smash would be awesome. Somewhat like Link/Tlinks where the game goes into a mini cut scene, lucario jumps on a target/targets and then proceeds to beat the snot out of them and then finish it with a big punch/kick.

KUROK

Smash Cadet
Close combat final smash would be awesome. Somewhat like Link/Tlinks where the game goes into a mini cut scene, lucario jumps on a target/targets and then proceeds to beat the snot out of them and then finish it with a big punch/kick.
Followed by an automatic U-taunt.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Milln's Version of Aura Storm > Close Wombat.

Browny

Smash Hater
millns version of aura storm = lightning arrow rain from DBZ

true story

also so what if pit can fly around to dodge lucarios FS. everyone in the game can just spam spot-dodges / ledge hops to completely avoid pits FS LOL

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
side B should really be Metal Claw, still with Luc's grab but if it missed it would be a move resembling ftilt.
Imagine: press side + B, Lucario's hand glows while he prepares to dash. He then makes a short run for it and if the opponent is caught he immediately punches him like FPG, but if he misses it he can still damage him as metal claw slashes through the air...
sadly it wouldn't get aura boost, but 's all right, right?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
side B should really be Metal Claw, still with Luc's grab but if it missed it would be a move resembling ftilt.
Imagine: press side + B, Lucario's hand glows while he prepares to dash. He then makes a short run for it and if the opponent is caught he immediately punches him like FPG, but if he misses it he can still damage him as metal claw slashes through the air...
sadly it wouldn't get aura boost, but 's all right, right?
Well... it would still get the Aura Boost.
It is an energy, and lucario's energy is aura.
And if it is just his paws, his kicks and fists get aura boost.
So yea, metal claw would still get a boost.
-t2

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i think it shud b force palm but it shud b alot more powerful and have a larger knockback, much like that of lucas's pk fire. let it really do some damage. having said that tho, how it is know serves gr8 for combos and momentum changes.. so i am not sure whether i wud change it. as for other moves it cud have been....

i dunno
keep u updated

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
even some simple attack like metal claw? like a flash occurs and three metal stripes show up and knock back the opponent with a decent range wud b cool. basically just a diff animation from fp basically.

dr00

Smash Apprentice
it should be flash cannon

also his counter should be bullet punch or vacuum wave

and his final smash should definitely be close combat. or more turny awesome

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
it should be flash cannon

also his counter should be bullet punch or vacuum wave

and his final smash should definitely be close combat. or more turny awesome
i very much agree that lucario's smash cud b better for tourneys, just doesnt hav that imense fear that other smashs do i guess... like snakes i guess.

still pretty mad lookin.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
i very much agree that lucario's smash cud b better for tourneys, just doesnt hav that imense fear that other smashs do i guess... like snakes i guess.

still pretty mad lookin.
Lucario has one of the easiest Final Smashes to dodge. It lasts a long time, but it's incredibly slow-moving and if someone jumps over you, they just dodged the entire thing.

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
I think Force Palm is fine, except it needs an aerial-grab where it becomes a spike/meteor smash.

ExtremeSpeed should've been cooler looking though.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Sorry to double post, but a nice animation option for the aerial FP is that he would grab them, then do a spinning axe kick ala Mew2's dair, that would be sweet.

Milln

Smash Champion
It sucks as much as Double Team does, except I use Flame on purpose much more often.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
It sucks as much as Double Team does, except I use Flame on purpose much more often.
Double Team at least provides a possible, practical vertical KO move for Lucario, can help recovery if you are crazy good at timing and your opponent loves leaping off after you, and KO's relatively well.

FP Flame won't even KO until the point where they should already have died.

dr00

Smash Apprentice

still pretty mad lookin.
turny, not tourney.

like... it should turn faster ;/

Tomkraven

Smash Journeyman
lucarios final smash should be like lucario doing an uptaunt in the air with a huge circular aura explosion that could cover 3/4 of final destination

Top Bottom