• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For those of you whom have come to the conclusion... that Jiggs is a slow *****

TheLegend

Smash Ace
I'm going to begin this article by revealing my true identity...

I am the world famous, and renouned ChozenOne. Surprise! [don't act like you knew.. perhaps even i didn't know for a time... and perhaps i shyed away from my Jigglypuff routes during a time in which i ended my play of Jiggles for much more appealing options such as Falco, and Shiek]. However in time i have learned some things from my competative play of my female friend which weren't always true... which weren't always realities....

I became fed up with top tier bull**** like Fox, and Falco ****** my **** no matter how well i knew the matchups, and Falcons comboing me to my imminate death. I got upset over chacters of a lower tier effectivly handing me my *** and telling me to eat it with a small dessert spoon. Of Shiek's Dthrow-->Anything. I became tired of Jigglypuff because I remembered a time during the beggining of my play with her when i could simply SH-->Rest even the likes of Semi-Pros, and Uair combo many a' fellow smasher. But for a time those days came to an abrupt end, and nolonger did the Utilt Rests come as easily, and Uthrows-->Uair-->Rest find themselves seen in my gameplay. Shiek were no longer falling into my combos, and DashAttacking into my rests... Foxs began to Dair-->Grab me, and Shieks began to space needles.

I soon began to question my "mains" tier placement, and soon began to loose hope, and devalued her unique playstyle.

Jigglypuff has many advantages like being able to confuse opponets by continuing to combo them when they expect a rest. Enjoying the fruits of the best recovery in the game. Having the distinct ablility to have an almost guarenteed 40+ KOing move.

Any Yet...

No ChainGrab. A Predictable Edgegame. Relativly Predictable Smash Attacks. And How Could We All Forget...

The Extreme Ease of Removing A Stock From Her With Almost No Reguard For DI.

Needless to say the above reason created a What the Fukc in my idea of player skill, mindgames, and character advantage. Normally i am not one to "John" however when a technical Fox player is able to Uair my Sweet, Sweet, Jigglypuff at 45% and get a KO on FD UpSetness can clearly be understandable. Now.. I am going to reveal one of the major aspects of this game that takes many players an extremely long time to understand, and deal with..

EVERY GOOD TACTIC IN THIS GAME IS INATELY GAY.

Fox's Shine, Jigg's Rest, Shiek's Throws, Marth's Tipper, Peach's Dsmash, Falco's Speed, Falcon's Knee, ect.

DEAL WITH IT!

Learn away around this bull****. Don't let it phase you. If you know that your opponent's Fox likes to Dair-->Grab you, then WD back, and Grab his Furry *** instead... then Uthrow. If you realize that doing conventional **** isn't going to work anymore due to our opponents becoming smarter, and not allowing us to SH-->Rest, or Gets those easy UpThrows.. then learn to LC Nair's into Grabs, Dairs into Grabs, and Uairs into Grabs. Learn to Utalize that spacing, but not so well as to allow shiek's and Marths to Sweetspot their Fsmashs and Fairs.

Jigglypuff's stregth is in her options.. Perhaps next time you Mindgame in an Utilt instead of SHing --> Rest you perform a "pivot grab". Perhaps instead of Fthrowing a Fastfaller @ low % to a DashAtk you grab them and perform what i like a call "a weak excuse for a chaingrab anyway". This isn't even about mindgames anymore.. even Azen gets grabbed... there's not much you can do to a laser spamming Fox that gets in one good Dair-->Grab-->Uthrow-->Uair.. fukc. You just died.

ITS ABOUT NOT COUNTING OUT **** THAT NORMALLY DOESN'T WORK AND MAKING THAT **** WORK.

You're never going to ShieldGrab a Fox, that can LC or a Marth that can space... so stop trying. Adapt. Jigglypuff may not beable to deal with the Speed of TopTier Bull**** like Falcon or Falco but atleast you still have the option of 5 MidAir Jumps that allow you to alter what you doing whilst your doing it.

Don't get frusterated. Be Patient. Be a Winner. and most importantly...

Play Gay.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Reminds me of yesterday. I counterpicked Brinstar against my friend and he was using Sheik. The match took five minutes because I spent most of the match using guerilla tactics and jumping from one platform to another because a grab from Sheik = death, or at least an unwanted aerial to the face. He then got mad and called me a camper, which I guess during the match I was, but hey: There was no other way to win. How else do you fight Sheik other than getting the hell away so as to avoid the grab?

RPK

Smash Lord
It was a miracle because yesterday I beat one of the top Falcos in norcal...How? I was gay and camped the ledge till he came up to me then I grabbed him, Bthrow and light fair and then killed him off....But again though, that **** only works oh so many times....later on we played in friendlies he beat me all 4 matches even though that **** was close. but yeah, against top tiers, play gay....Cause really for jigglypuff, IMO, its all about taking advantage of openings. And to make an opening you have to pull off bull**** tactics that piss off your opponent...WoP till an opening is made, CC, Camp the ledge, and other **** like that...But yeah...Jigglypuff IMO is easy to pick up but really, its all about mind games and openings...

cablepuff

Smash Ace
Rastlin: the sheik didn't camp your *** with needles, wd back tilt, and back-air?

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I can understand the frustration but I think that's why I may never get noticed. I DON'T do GAY stuff to win and often I'll admit I can lose to a cheap Marth or whoever else is around. But I have my pride and honor and it stings to lose but I can only sacrifice my pride and honor if the person is just a ***** then I'll start grabbing the edge when C fals and Gannons try and Up+B. But util I feel that to be true I'm just gonna deal with the crap and make it work.

Sounds like you had a bad day, relax, play something other than smash for a day. Surf, ride a longboard down a hill, trust me it feels much better than a win or a loss.

RPK

Smash Lord
If you have pride and honor, you have to discard that...So yeah welcome to the world of competetive play....Where you have to pull off almost every trick in the book to tilt the match in your favor. Such as wobbling -_-

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Rastlin: the sheik didn't camp your *** with needles, wd back tilt, and back-air?
Brinstar isn't conducive to that sort of sheik play. Three platforms at different levels, plus a weird bottom, plus all the acid tends to ruin a lot of Sheik's stuff.

I can understand the frustration but I think that's why I may never get noticed. I DON'T do GAY stuff to win and often I'll admit I can lose to a cheap Marth or whoever else is around. But I have my pride and honor and it stings to lose but I can only sacrifice my pride and honor if the person is just a ***** then I'll start grabbing the edge when C fals and Gannons try and Up+B. But util I feel that to be true I'm just gonna deal with the crap and make it work.

Sounds like you had a bad day, relax, play something other than smash for a day. Surf, ride a longboard down a hill, trust me it feels much better than a win or a loss.
Wait, are you saying you don't edgehog people? I'm all for pride and honor -- in friendlies -- but not edge hogging is just dumb. You might as well not attack your opponent off the ledge if that's what you're going to do.

DRD

Smash Lord
Brinstar isn't conducive to that sort of sheik play. Three platforms at different levels, plus a weird bottom, plus all the acid tends to ruin a lot of Sheik's stuff.

Wait, are you saying you don't edgehog people? I'm all for pride and honor -- in friendlies -- but not edge hogging is just dumb. You might as well not attack your opponent off the ledge if that's what you're going to do.
Hell, you may as well just sit there and let them kick you around the field for that matter.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
If you have pride and honor, you have to discard that...So yeah welcome to the world of competetive play....Where you have to pull off almost every trick in the book to tilt the match in your favor. Such as wobbling -_-
I mean nothing of the sort. It just seems like people aren't taking advantage of the mistakes of other other than just tipping them off the stage. I do that as well but I prefer the Resting since it is NOT a cheap method of winning, for me it is just the most challenging and when I miss one rest or even get one it usually means death for me.

See quote above, I will float out and finish people off. If they make it past me some how good. I'll finish them off next time. Just saying if Captain Falcon can make his way through my obsticle course of moves and grab the ledge I'll let him get on. That's honorable and back away since, the Fair is the next thing to follow. So not only is it a mindgame for my opponent since they have missed edges to avoid me and wonder why I moved so far away to be safe I think playing with what I call honor a easy way to victory and defeat, depending on the swing of things. Plus, nobody hates after the match is over.

Hell, you may as well just sit there and let them kick you around the field for that matter.
That has been interesting especially for trying out wall techs and practicing them, :D

RPK

Smash Lord
I could understand if it was friendlies....But in tournament matches you need to do what you can to tip the match in your favor...

Raistlin

Smash Lord
See quote above, I will float out and finish people off. If they make it past me some how good. I'll finish them off next time. Just saying if Captain Falcon can make his way through my obsticle course of moves and grab the ledge I'll let him get on. That's honorable and back away since, the Fair is the next thing to follow. So not only is it a mindgame for my opponent since they have missed edges to avoid me and wonder why I moved so far away to be safe I think playing with what I call honor a easy way to victory and defeat, depending on the swing of things. Plus, nobody hates after the match is over.
All right, that makes sense. But still, I don't see why you'd give your opponent a free pass to get back on the stage just because he got to the edge. Of course, I'm very competitive in this game, and if you're not you wouldn't have a problem doing that. I, however, do whatever I can to win, and that's what's fun for me. To each his own and all that.

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
Isn't it sort of disrespectful NOT to employ every tactic you have? I think it'd be kinda condescending to allow someone to live when they shouldn't. Kinda like saying...

"Aw, good Falcon! You made it all the way back here? Well here, you can have the ledge then. I could have killed you, but I don't wanna make you cry! Have a wolly-pop."

It's ok in friendlies, don't get me wrong. I'll often allow someone a free return to the stage after an amazing play and recovery, and I'll usually get the same treatment in return.

Tourney matches though... no f***in' mercy, son.

RPK

Smash Lord
what I was doing? no, cause it was a ledge canceled sing mixed in with a couple of ledge hop bair, to grabbing to ledge again to keep my invincibility frames and technically that isnt illegal. What is illegal is stalling with rising pound and peach bomber. So from the looks of it...no it isnt :3

Magus420

Smash Master
I personally don't see why 'stalling' with rising pounds is even banned. Considering it's not infinite and doesn't render the match unplayable, how is it much worse than say *insert fast char here* running away from *insert slow char here* on large stages when they have a stock/dmg lead to run out the clock?

Smash Rookie
"I am the world famous, and renouned ChozenOne."

When ever i come around the jiggz thread why does it always seem that your making your self look like a god and praising yourself?

I don't care if your good at the game but why do u think you are better than sliced bread its just annoying to have someone glorify themselves when in reality your are better than another person at pushing buttons?
(am i alone in these views?)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I try to play using the cheapest methods to get the job doen in competetive play, but I still get done in somehow. Its fustrating...

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
It's because the top tiers are infinitely gayer than Jigglypuff could ever be, and people who play them use them to their most gay potential, which smart and understandable. Solution? Figure out even gayer tactics. Example: Until about 80% or so, if I\a Captain Falco grabs you, hold down and start jamming on the B button if you know he's going to down throw you. Jigglypuff can rest Captain Falcon out of the down-throw to knee. I did it to a guy, it was totally awesome.

Also, this is Raistlin. My friend signed in on this computer a long time ago and it never lets me log him off.

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
il be at FC, i dont consider myself anywhere near king's level but i can hold my own placing second and first seed in my respective pools at pound. king said he'll try to go and hyuga might be there i think.

GOTM

Smash Champion
what the **** kind of thread was this supposed to be.

all that simmers down to is practice...not play gay....play good. if you thinks it gay that someone spends a **** load of time playing the game and can **** your **** whenever they want cuz there better than you, stop ****ing complaining.

pretty ****ing ridiculous post.

RPK

Smash Lord
well, jigglypuff is a simple character, you can only go so far till you hit a wall. With this, you can just depend on technical skill anymore. And its true, you cant go far with characters such as fox and what not on just technical skill alone. Cause practicing will only take you oh so far...

Puffinator

Smash Ace
I agree u have to play lame in order to win with jiggz
if u try to be agressive and try to do cool stuff u end up frickin getting upsmashed at 80 percent and die
half the time in the air they'll use something to block out ur wop too...lilke ganondorfs bair for example
everybody says jiggz has great aerial attacks but if u think about it, basically every character has a WOP. fox could do nothing but bairs and still frickin win cause of it's great range. and sheik too....
wop isnt enough to win jiggz anything, and rests dont come so easy nowdays so u have to play really really really lame.

TheLegend

Smash Ace
What the **** kind of thread was this supposed to be.
An thought provoking one...

all that simmers down to is practice...not play gay....play good. if you thinks it gay that someone spends a **** load of time playing the game and can **** your **** whenever they want cuz there better than you, stop ****ing complaining.
Actually i said do what you have to inorder to win, (including playing gay) and mixing it up helps quite a bit... Money Match?? Me thinks ill put up the pink slip to my car....

pretty ****ing ridiculous post.
You are incorrect Sir.

Good Day Sir.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I like to play gay :)

Plenty of Fox practice in Socal :)

calexbomb

Smash Cadet
ummm someplace north of the south pole but south o
Falso.

Also, been playin gay for years now. I figured it out. ^_^
shield -> wait-> grab after the hit frame

i pwned a fox with that, is that what you are refering to?

oh and playing gay isn't really playing gay, everything that is gay for jiggs to do is avoidable so to "play gay" your just beating someone who didn't react fast enough to DI out of your rest combo or foolishly used a laggy move when your out of range and such or even as simple as, didn't block or dodge when your approach was so dead obvious that they assumed you were mind gaming them into countering so you could pwn their lag (not so simple is it)

i think chozen was expressing his frustration with people who complain about how you have to do gay things to fight high tier characters such as crouching under fox's lazers till he gets frustrated and rushes you. Thats how the cookie crumble though, fox is fast as hell and if it weren't for jiggs being able to duck lasers fox could run and do a few percnt without getting damage to himself for eternity so the truth is we play gay because they play gay or "all moves are inherently gay" or as id like to say, no move is gay, no style is gay, if its what the character can do against his opponent than do it.

domiNate

Smash Apprentice
shield -> wait-> grab after the hit frame

i pwned a fox with that, is that what you are refering to?

oh and playing gay isn't really playing gay, everything that is gay for jiggs to do is avoidable so to "play gay" your just beating someone who didn't react fast enough to DI out of your rest combo or foolishly used a laggy move when your out of range and such or even as simple as, didn't block or dodge when your approach was so dead obvious that they assumed you were mind gaming them into countering so you could pwn their lag (not so simple is it)

i think chozen was expressing his frustration with people who complain about how you have to do gay things to fight high tier characters such as crouching under fox's lazers till he gets frustrated and rushes you. Thats how the cookie crumble though, fox is fast as hell and if it weren't for jiggs being able to duck lasers fox could run and do a few percnt without getting damage to himself for eternity so the truth is we play gay because they play gay or "all moves are inherently gay" or as id like to say, no move is gay, no style is gay, if its what the character can do against his opponent than do it.
Yeah but running away and camping is gay.

All_Characters

Smash Apprentice
I have to agree with the guy who made the first post (too lazy to find his name).

If you don't like fox's shine, don't get shined (is shinded a word?)
If you don't like falco's (insert what you don't like about falco here), don't let them use it on you.
If you don't like jigglypuff's rest, don't get rested.

All of these character ARE BEATABLE!!! Despite their cheapness. Yes, even peach, sheik and marth (GASP). So suck it up, and don't lose.

TonyDaTigerYall

Smash Rookie
wow this thread actually made me think about how i use jigg. i dont always go defensive and i never do things like camping, & CC (i rarely use this). Im going to start being more annoying now, no matter how mad my opponents get. :laugh:

Pointman Rob

Smash Journeyman
I have to agree with the guy who made the first post (too lazy to find his name).

If you don't like fox's shine, don't get shined (is shinded a word?)
If you don't like falco's (insert what you don't like about falco here), don't let them use it on you.
If you don't like jigglypuff's rest, don't get rested.

All of these character ARE BEATABLE!!! Despite their cheapness. Yes, even peach, sheik and marth (GASP). So suck it up, and don't lose.
Yes. If you don't like getting hit, just don't get hit.

I agree those characters are beatable. But that is the most useless advice ever.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Alright, I liked the first 1/2 of this thread > last 1/2. Keep it clean and intelligent guys :)

Being gay wins matches. There are lots of examples. It might not be the most honorable thing, but how much can you (and others) appreciate an honorable person when they're dead? All that honorable person becomes is a memory. It's true, nice guys finish last.

Top Bottom