• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

rhyming_beats

Smash Rookie
Well, if you wanna play Greninja he'd have to be your main cause it takes time and dedication to perform those combos consistantly, as said from our Greninja player here. Lucina isn't reall combo heavy imo unless you just like to risk stocks which is fine by me, but my recommendation would be Samus. After watching my friend Joker play Samus, i picked her up to play lower players in friendlies or just for general fun. She has combos, and some tech that requires you to master as well as a bunch of stylish things you can pull off. She can space out opponents with zair, rockets, neutral b, and just spacing in particular. With all that said, you maining Lucina would be difficult considering your current mindset or preferred style of play, but feel free to experiment.
Thank you, my dude

VeryUncreative

Smash Cadet
I agree Tomoya, Samus is a good character to play. My mains are actually Marcina, Fox and Samus, lol. I also think Fox would be a good choice if you liked playing Greninja. He's fast, combo heavy, and slightly technical, so I'd think you'd like him.

Tomoya

Smash Apprentice
I agree Tomoya, Samus is a good character to play. My mains are actually Marcina, Fox and Samus, lol. I also think Fox would be a good choice if you liked playing Greninja. He's fast, combo heavy, and slightly technical, so I'd think you'd like him.
Fox also came to mind, but he wanted a character that can also space out. Fox only has lasers and auto cancel bair for that option, so Samus has more utility to fit that description

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I've been practicing some tech as hard as I can... but I always seem to not apply them during battle...
eh, it sucks. Also sucks that my national is 3 weeks away and I still very much doubt I'll make it out of pools. I'm mostly going in for the people, anyway, not the tournament.

Kogarasuma

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing some tech as hard as I can... but I always seem to not apply them during battle...
eh, it sucks. Also sucks that my national is 3 weeks away and I still very much doubt I'll make it out of pools. I'm mostly going in for the people, anyway, not the tournament.
If you need help you can always pm me

Tomoya

Smash Apprentice
I played Espy alot, i love playing good Sonics. The matchup is still kinda booty, but he said i just need a little bit more practice on my poke game

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Ah, hey, thanks, guys! All of you are awesome people! Again, I don't really know if I'll be able to do Wi-Fi battles until the national... but just seeing you guys willing to help me makes me happy. I still have something like 2 local tournaments this year after the national and I still wanna win 'em!
What's stopping me from training more is, well, school... so many tests, so much college stuff, agh, it's annoying...

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Thanks. I'll make sure to watch it.
Also, someone tried summoning me to the CCI probably to start an argument about Lucina. lol. Not gonna happen.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Sorry guys, but I think this might be important enough to warrant a double post.
You might want to take a look at this.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Comparison between regular Jab 1 FAF and Jab Cancel:
Regular:
Jab Cancel:

Regular: Approx. 108 swings per minute (18 swings every 10 seconds, 1.8 jabs per second);
Jab Cancel: Approx. 138 swings per minute (23 swings every 10 seconds, 2.3 jabs per second).

Looks important... Hm... What do you guys think? Should I tag someone to see this?

Also, nice going, Tomoya!

Tomoya

Smash Apprentice
Regular:
Jab Cancel:

Regular: Approx. 108 swings per minute (18 swings every 10 seconds, 1.8 jabs per second);
Jab Cancel: Approx. 138 swings per minute (23 swings every 10 seconds, 2.3 jabs per second).

Looks important... Hm... What do you guys think? Should I tag someone to see this?

i had trouble understanding what this was but its easily implemented. I like to mixup by doing jab 1 into jab 1 into jab 1 until i bait or force an airdodge from my opponent before i toss in the f smash. Unorthodox to the typical jab into f smash. And also thank you!!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Regular:
Jab Cancel:

I guess I am used to it because Brawl, but when I go for a jab 50/50, I always crouch first before either jumping or F-smashing.
F-Smash can even be a true combo with this at larger windows of damage.
:196:

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Hello, people!
I am gonna go to the national this Tuesday morning. I will link the stream here once I'm there.

SuperScope

Smash Cadet
Regular:
Jab Cancel:

It looks faster no doubt but is it actually cancelling frames? How many?

Tomoya

Smash Apprentice
i hate that they restocked her at such a high amount. Makes my friends efforts to cheer me up by getting her for my birthday look like a waste of money ;-;

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I can only wish it had some kind of mark to differentiate the First Edition and the later ones.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Mentioning of the Lucina Amiibo makes me remember that I got roughly 30+ Amiibo as of now. :V

Mario, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Donkey Kong, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Palutena, Marth, Robin, Lucina, Roy, Dedede, Meta Knight (Robobot Amiibo), Falco, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Greninja, R.O.B, Shulk, Sonic, Ryu, Isabelle (Winter Uniform), Shovel Knight, Inkling Girl (Orange), Squid (Green), Callie, Marie and 8-bit Mario (Classic Colours).

It's funny that at least 9 of my Amiibo are still in their packaging with the last one I collected being Ryu.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I only have 14 amiibos myself but I plan to get rid of a few and give those to my nephew. I only collect the ones of characters that I play as. I'm not aiming to collect a **** load of those like most of the community are cuz it's a waste of money.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
I only have 14 amiibos myself but I plan to get rid of a few and give those to my nephew. I only collect the ones of characters that I play as. I'm not aiming to collect a **** load of those like most of the community are cuz it's a waste of money.
I can agree on how collecting Amiibo can be a waste. While I don't mind collecting them every now and then, the one I will never get is Sheik. Since I really hate her in Smash. :V

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And I only have the Squid Sisters (I bought them day 1 because I really thought they'd be rarer).
Local Best Buy didn't get a restock.
But another local store has a Pac-man on the shelves, not sure if it's worth it.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Hope y'all had a nice Thanksgiving! Well, we don't celebrate it here in my country.
Still, it's good to have a holiday you spend with your family. Lucina would've loved that back in her future...
So be thankful you still have your parents.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
It was Art of Marth and only Art of Marth.
His Lucina "coverage" was basically either ridiculously obvious stuff, misinformation or stopping halfway through an explanation about something Marth related and say "btw lucina cant do it lel". The only really useful thing it actually thaught about Lucina was that her shield safety was identical to Marth's, which I already knew but your average joe that visits this forum doesn't. That's one step forward. Him perpetuating the myth that she has less range were the two steps back.
I know I wasn't the only one who didn't like it. Quite a few people from my crew weren't big fans of it either, for similar reasons plus more.
I was never that big a fan of Izaw to be completely brutally honest. I likely wouldn't have liked that video any better if it only covered Marth, so there is that.

Tomoya

Smash Apprentice
it was very meh to say the least, the fact he didn't ask for our advice and only marth players advice was very bias towards those who wanted to pick and learn marth. the video content overall was for a literal beginner to the character.

Top Bottom