• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "For my Father" - Lucina Social Thread

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
The reason why this place is a bit inactive... is because most character boards are, really. Sadly it's the truth. Most people use the character discords.
That is a downright shame. The only active social by far is hands down the Zelda social. But hey, we gotta spread the sass. :secretkpop:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Hey, friends!
...I'm gonna take another very long (and to be honest, hopefully permanent) break from this forum.
I'm finally gonna stop dancing around it and join the Marcina discord. You can find it here. Just find the Lucina discord in there. It's the same as the Marth's.
If you guys wanna add me on Discord to talk to me, go ahead! I'm BW | FamilyTeam#3790

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Did Kogarasuma drown in pools? Since I heard he managed to cause an upset against S2H who plays Meta Knight in Singles.

Was hoping he'd make Top 32, but one other character did make Top 32 which I'm happy for.

Jaypen7

Smash Cadet
Did Kogarasuma drown in pools? Since I heard he managed to cause an upset against S2H who plays Meta Knight in Singles.

Was hoping he'd make Top 32, but one other character did make Top 32 which I'm happy for.
He got 65th or something along those lines. Its a good start for him, I feel like he can only go up from here. Also NAKAT almost reverse 3-0'd VoiD so Lucina actually did get used in the top 32s.

Haven't heard of C-Lu before and since Zero's video on the best Lucina.
Also I think C Lu moved to a different region and hasnt played in tourney as much

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaypen7

Smash Cadet
I wonder if we'll see Lucina do well at another major tournament this year.
Depends on whether NAKAT wants to pull out the Lucina. Also depends on how already existing Lucina players (Koga, LordXav1er, Nika, etc) do

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
Hello, all.

I've recently picked up Lucina and I've been trying to learn more about her (MUs, combos, etc.). I was wondering where I can look for some Lucina specific stuff.

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Hello, all.

I've recently picked up Lucina and I've been trying to learn more about her (MUs, combos, etc.). I was wondering where I can look for some Lucina specific stuff.
Bit late on this reply. If you want to learn about combos/strings/conversions, you can talk with FamilyTeam FamilyTeam . He has quite a bunch of information in regards to Lucina.

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
It's been a few weeks since I picked up Lucina. I gotta say, she's a blast to play as! So many options and so many ways to play as her. This character is truly versatile and great. I'm glad I switched to her.

One question, though. Is it worth it to practice A-Landing with Lucina? I know n-air has the least amount of landing lag, but it seems like u-air has a very short window for autocanceling.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I am not even sure if she can do that, I don't think her moves autocancel at the start to allow her to do that.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
A-landing with Marth and Lucina isn't really beneficial. The only moves they have that can auto-cancel before the hitbox comes out are Bair, Uair and Dair, and you have frames 1 and 2 in which to do so.

Even so, you don't gain anything from getting a successful A-land. You're better off learning when to fast fall to auto-cancel as quickly as you can (Bair is really good when fast fallen and AC'd).

Uair's AC frame is relatively strict (our SH air time is 41 frames, and Uair's AC frame is 38>), but don't be fooled, as 14 frames of landing lag is still relatively low. Spaced at max range on landing, it's safe.

It's thanks to the low landing lag that falling Uair is a good combo starter/extender.

Last edited:

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
A-landing with Marth and Lucina isn't really beneficial. The only moves they have that can auto-cancel before the hitbox comes out are Bair, Uair and Dair, and you have frames 1 and 2 in which to do so.

Even so, you don't gain anything from getting a successful A-land. You're better off learning when to fast fall to auto-cancel as quickly as you can (Bair is really good when fast fallen and AC'd).

Uair's AC frame is relatively strict (our SH air time is 41 frames, and Uair's AC frame is 38>), but don't be fooled, as 14 frames of landing lag is still relatively low. Spaced at max range on landing, it's safe.

It's thanks to the low landing lag that falling Uair is a good combo starter/extender.
Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I've been thinking that fast-fall to autocancelling would be important in neutral. I'll try to practice on that.

I'll also keep in mind about u-air being a landing option. But exactly how safe is it? Is it "Lucario-backair" safe or just relatively safe to the point where it can be punished if timed very carefully?

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I've been thinking that fast-fall to autocancelling would be important in neutral. I'll try to practice on that.

I'll also keep in mind about u-air being a landing option. But exactly how safe is it? Is it "Lucario-backair" safe or just relatively safe to the point where it can be punished if timed very carefully?
Perhaps I confused you a little, sorry!

You can use landing Uair as a combo starter/extender. What I mean about it being safe, is say, if your opponent sees it coming and shields it, so long as you space it at max range, it's safe; as in the opponent can't punish you for hitting their shield with it. This is because the landing lag is relatively low and you can react before they can.

Some of the better things to do if this happen include using Jab or Dolphin Slash (provided you have a platform to land on to prevent punishes) to stuff opponent's attempts to attack you. Dancing Blade could also work in this scenario but Jab is arguably better.

sjb.dario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
greatdario
For clarification purposes, in what particular scenario? Against opponents shield, when you simply miss and land and they are close, etc.?
Opponent's shields. More importantly, run-up shielding.
Perhaps I confused you a little, sorry!

You can use landing Uair as a combo starter/extender. What I mean about it being safe, is say, if your opponent sees it coming and shields it, so long as you space it at max range, it's safe; as in the opponent can't punish you for hitting their shield with it. This is because the landing lag is relatively low and you can react before they can.

Some of the better things to do if this happen include using Jab or Dolphin Slash (provided you have a platform to land on to prevent punishes) to stuff opponent's attempts to attack you. Dancing Blade could also work in this scenario but Jab is arguably better.
I see. Thanks for the response. I'll definitely mess around with this option.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
I felt the need to come back to discuss Marcina after ZeRo's vídeo and decided to stick around for the tier list. I'm alright! It's good to see Lucina 18th place - that's good progress!
After I feel like the fire on this subject dies down again, though, I'll come back to my shell and leave this account inactive once again.

/Lucina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Katsie
Both my mains have really climbed the tier list. I've never been happier playing Lucina and Mewtwo. They're really fun, solid characters!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I am really glad with her current position because that's more or less how strong the character can be.
It is unjustified results-wise, but this list seems to ignore results (Bayo 1st, ZSS out of Top 10 and almost out of the tier, among other contradictions).
:196:

Fephoenix

Smash Cadet
Just wait until people remember to camp out Marcina... We're probably going to fall down again.

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Hello everyone.

We have a hitbox visualization thread for Lucina, but not for Marth.
There's this gif that shows it for both, though.
Would anyone happen to know who is the author of this image and/or how this can be replicated in any way?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Kon'nichiwa to y'all! Hope y'all sugar pies have room for another new Lucina user. Now, I was astonished that she finds herself in the high tiers at this time. "Well all right, Lucina's moving on up in the world," I said to myself.

Right...that inspired me to make her one of my main/secondary fighters. Not to mention she looks pretty when she cuts people with her blade. *sigh* Let me tell y'all, Sakurai-san and crew rock for putting her in this game. :love:

FamilyTeam

NNID
MontanaCity
Here is the adorbs luci

C-eDuHdVwAA2wI6.png large.png

We all need a luci in our lives.
This came from twitter, but I don't have the artist. Can anybody find it?

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
So I am almost done with my course now.

Got an exam at the start of June and then I have about four months off. :yeahboi:

Also, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is so much fun. <3

Top Bottom