• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Florida Carpool for HERB 2

GOX

Smash Apprentice
I'm working out a plan for carpooling to HERB 2.
This will be my best chance to record a large OOS tournament for RX Gaming this summer, so I better go for it. Maybe some pros wanna tag along?

My car will fit 4 other people.
We will leave from my house in Deltona. How you get there is your responsibility.
This is the route from my house to HERB 2.

If you're coming from Orlando:
The best option will be to get a ride by car or bus up I4 and park at my house. If coming by bus, let me know how close you can get.

If you're coming from Miami:
The best option will be to get a ride by car or bus up I95 into Daytona. We can then pick you up on the way. There is a 30 minute drive along I4 to get to Daytona from my house, so it might be more convenient for us all this way. Though you're definitely welcome to go directly to my house if you wish.

We'll be leaving for my house right after the brawl tournament. My car is a 98 Buick Regal, so it shouldn't be super-cramped...might be possible to take a nap on the way back.

--------COSTS--------
Gas Cost: $132
Room Cost (2 Nights): $100
Total Cost: $232

Cost Per Person (me+1): $116
Cost Per Person (me+2): $74
Cost Per Person (me+3): $58
Cost Per Person (me+4): $47

--------Schedule--------
Leave my house for HERB 2
Friday 10AM

Arrive at HERB 2
Friday ~7PM

Melee Tourney Starts
Saturday 1PM

Brawl Tourney Starts
Sunday 1PM

Leave for Florida
After Brawl Tourney (Sunday 11PM?)

Arrive in Deltona
(Monday 8AM?)

-------PEOPLE INTERESTED-------
CuragaRX - CONFIRMED
Advent Lee - waiting confirmation
polmex23
Lio
Rx-
HRNUT
SheerMadness
GDX

----------CONTACT INFO-----------
Real name is Sean.
Cell: 386-490-0991
AIM: Gox777

GOX

Smash Apprentice
Added Polmex to the list of interested people. Going to talk more about it at next gigabits tourney.

Advent Lee will be bringin the awesome commentary if he's able to make it.

Two More?

Ive never met any of the RX gaming people, but the seem really ****ing cool
Heh, thanks. We're kinda new to the tournament scene, unless you count me playing melee back in like 2003/2004. I was like 14 at the time, but probably had more skill back then. Curaga and Fezz are trying to get more competitive at brawl. I do all the video recording.

Curaga

Smash Ace
Debating whether I'm coming for this one.

Depends on how quickly I can develop my character for a big tournament I guess. :p

PolMex23

Smash Champion
literally if you surround yourself with good people than youll get better fast. Thats all you need, play people thats just as good or better. Alot

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Think of it this way.

Fighting computers can only help technical skill to a certain point and you can find out cute little tricks that may or may not work.

Fighting people that have more common sense than an apple will help you get smarter even if you feel like you cant move against the people youre playing. It also helps you develop your playstyle and general sense of the game much better than you ever could on your own.

Dont go to tournaments expecting to win or place high if youre just getting back in to the scene, just use them as a learning experience until you get your grip on the game.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
hey, you better take me

I am a necessity!!!

plus i will definitely go if you give me a spot.

I never back down!!!!

Curaga

Smash Ace
I just need to put Kazuya Mishima or Ken Masters into Brawl, and I'd do great. :p

I'm taking one of the spots by the way.

I practice hardcore almost everyday with Fezz, and I've gotten much better in a short period of time.. so we'll see!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm kinda interested too. Been playin smash for 4 years and never went outa state and figure I need to do it before I graduate.

9 hour drive eh? I'm so bad with long drives. :(

GOX

Smash Apprentice
Just asked for work off on the following Monday, so it's official now. :)

First two seats will definitely be me and Curaga.
Third seat will hopefully be Advent Lee bringing some awesome commentary.

Fight to the death over seats 4 and 5!
(or form a 2nd carpool)

I'll make a decision on who else to bring based on the following.
-the order in which you talked to me about coming along
-how much of an extra tip you want to hand the driver :p
-how fun you are to be with on a 9 hour drive
-how convenient you are to pick up on the way (if you can't drive to my house)

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Look.
1. I win since i asked right before Lee
2. I will give very good extra homo tips
3. I cant convince how amazing I am, but others hopefully will(although most consider me king piece of ****)
4. Im driving to your house.

An we will talk at GIGS!!!!! I want sheer or Hrnut...they are both big guys...so am i...

Its gonna be a fest in the back

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i would like to go with you guys in this carpool

1. I can drive to wherever you want pretty much cause i have a car
2. I've driven to more tourneys than almost anyone else in FL period. i say this cause i can easily drive a few hours to help out to give the driver a break. I just dont want to take my personal car OoS anymore cause its been to atlanta twice (which is a 7 hour drive one-way) and to SFL like every weekend for 3 months straight. not to mention every gigs and half of all orlando tourneys
3. I can bring hrnut with me so me and him can take the last two spots. We are both good (of course hes better than me but im no scrub) plus between us we play so many different characters that we can give you guys so many different kinds of good practice for the tourney.
4. if im not enough fun on said drive, you can just play my DS and have fun :laugh:

so...yea. where you at? pick me

(and you cant use the first response thing on me cause i was gone to genesis so i couldn't respond)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
oh, that's a shame, GDX, that you have no money to travel at the moment, because you owe me a LOT of money.

and if you keep going to out of state tournaments and spending the money that you SHOULD be giving to me, i am going to beat the **** out of you.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh, that's a shame, GDX, that you have no money to travel at the moment, because you owe me a LOT of money.

and if you keep going to out of state tournaments and spending the money that you SHOULD be giving to me, i am going to beat the **** out of you.
beat the **** outta mike. He is the reason i havn't been able to pay you back. And im not gonna pay you back, until he pays me back, or just gives the money straight to you. cause i refuse to still owe you money while not having that money paid to me first

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
Polmex doesn't owe Rx-...you do...

Unless Rx- gave money to Polmex to borrow I don't see why you keep avoiding giving Rx his money!!!

You know you could always give him it in small increments, like every tourney you go to, give him 5 bucks till it's paid off!!!

:colorful:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

Unless Rx- gave money to Polmex to borrow I don't see why you keep avoiding giving Rx his money!!!

You know you could always give him it in small increments, like every tourney you go to, give him 5 bucks till it's paid off!!!

i mean, i can start doing that Queen. giving him bits at a time and whatnot I want Rx to have his money back. but me and hrnut ended up paying 180 total for polmex's plane ticket to CoT4 (the tourney where he bought plane tickets for the wrong weekend but didnt know until he got to the airport with us). then, i paid hrnut back the 90 he paid for polmex ticket, meaning polmex owed the entire 180 to me and me alone and hrnut was out of the situation. I received some money on my card that polmex, at the time, had access to. And before i was to get ahold of any of this money, polmex spent it on essential things like gas and whatnot because i guess he believed the money on that card belonged to him.

long story short, mike twice used money to be given to rx, and you can confirm it with mike or hrnut since they were all involved. once for plane ticket, and once when money was put on the card. And i refuse to pay rx the 180 i owe him while im still out 180 from polmex. So..you better start buggin mike if you want a lump sum. But i'll try to give you bits and pieces when i see you

GOX

Smash Apprentice
Well you know I wasn't serious about that whole "fight to the death" thing o_o

Rayku

Smash Lord
From what I know (which is very little), Polmex owes GDX the same amount of money that GDX owes Rx-, so that's why he says that.

Too many names ending in "x"

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
From what I know (which is very little), Polmex owes GDX the same amount of money that GDX owes Rx-, so that's why he says that.

Too many names ending in "x"
that is correct. and that is because i had to use the money that was supposed to go to rx to buy polmex a plane ticket to CoT4 since be bought the wrong weekend and didnt know it until he was at the airport with us on that very Friday. and i used the rx money on polmex with the understanding that i would be paid back for the ticket quickly

but anyway, consider me and hrnut for the last 2 spots gox :laugh:

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
GDX, if you can afford to go to this, you can afford to give me the money you would be spending on it.

there's no excuse.

if your wasting money going to tournaments, then you have money you need to be giving me instead.

it's not MY fault that you lent Polmex money after I lent you money.

Polmex owes me ZERO dollars.

You owe me $180, and until you come up with the money, you need to STOP GOING TO TOURNAMENTS.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
GDX, if you can afford to go to this, you can afford to give me the money you would be spending on it.

there's no excuse.

if your wasting money going to tournaments, then you have money you need to be giving me instead.

it's not MY fault that you lent Polmex money after I lent you money.

Polmex owes me ZERO dollars.

You owe me $180, and until you come up with the money, you need to STOP GOING TO TOURNAMENTS.
:laugh:

even though ill try to give it to you in pieces and whatnot, im not gonna stop going to tourneys until i pay you back. im sorry i gave your money to polmex, but i couldnt rightfully leave him behind at the airport for CoT4 when i had the means to make sure he could come

what will happen next time on "As the smashball turns" ?

Pi

Smash Hero
:laugh:

even though ill try to give it to you in pieces and whatnot, im not gonna stop going to tourneys until i pay you back. im sorry i gave your money to polmex, but i couldnt rightfully leave him behind at the airport for CoT4 when i had the means to make sure he could come

what will happen next time on "As the smashball turns" ?
Why dun you juss win a tournament and pay him ^^

PolMex23

Smash Champion
So yea

Well, at the time, the greatest act of kindness from nick an keith I couldnt deny. Airline policies is ****, an I cant believe I essentially wasted 180. All this started by me paying for the wrong plane ticket.

But i didnt know I would lose my job due to the **** economy and Ive been struggling to get any lump of cash that could go straight to keith. But it hasnt happened.

I literally am being sponsered, I wont say how but i dont beg for money. I did somethin big for someone back in HS an weve remained friends...an since money aint a thang for him he helps me out...only for smash.

So I guess, I think I can borrow 200 or what ever from him an pay yall back.

I will always owe keith an nick forever...i cried on the plane goin to philly next to some lady an her baby...I was so happy.

Just money aint easy to come bye.

So john, dont be mad at keith. Ill get the money. I wont go to this gigs, an ill have the money by herb2. hopefully.

If not ill give 50 to 100 cuz ima have to pass orlando anyways, but getting the full amount is shaky. But dont take this overboard.

This situation is over.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
John was never upset with you, because it's not you who owes him...it's GDX!!!

And GDX can't say he hasn't had the money, as if he's had to use every dime he's had to feed himself or something, when he goes to tourneys like every weekend!!!

That's what makes john upset...nothing to do with you!!!

Top Bottom