• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FL Social Thread:You Mad, You Lose.

Galuuda

Smash Journeyman
score....Galuda was taken by me on smashboards, but i forgot the pass...my name is actually spelled Galuda...from Powerstone 2...play it, its kind of like a weird version of smash bro's. Top Cat where do you live in temple terrace? were you the one who hosted that one tournament when manko's failed or whatev?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i guess they are, but more importantly, thanks for the warning that we arent teaming at gigs >.>

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
score....Galuda was taken by me on smashboards, but i forgot the pass...my name is actually spelled Galuda...from Powerstone 2...play it, its kind of like a weird version of smash bro's. Top Cat where do you live in temple terrace? were you the one who hosted that one tournament when manko's failed or whatev?
im right by usf and maybe idk

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Tri-weekly Tourney in Northern Florida(Tallahassee FL)

Ever Third Saturday we have a Brawl tourney at a gaming store called Fortress. Its 10 dollars a person and it's every 3 weeks. the prize is 40% of the entire pot for first and 10% for second. It's double elimination and basically the same rules as smashboards except you always have to pick the same char in round 1 to prevent counter-picking in round 1. Every time we've played the prize has always been over 100 bucks. The next tourney is on Sept 20th at 3:30pm. Warm-ups begin at 1pm. BYOC and Green Mario is up here (He won the most recent 1 last Saturday with Snake).

here is the link to the tread http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193293

Want some more details hit me up @ (954)618-9548 or via email @ NickSX773@yahoo.com

or hit up my friend Drew @ 386-847-2728 or Chris @407-252-2873

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Change in Plans, Tallahassee Tourney is now every 2 weeks starting Oct 4th!!!

CORRECTION!!!!

IT's EVERY 2 weeks!!!

Ever 2nd Saturday we have a Brawl tourney at a gaming store called Fortress. Its 10 dollars a person and it's every 2 weeks. the prize is 40% of the entire pot for first and 10% for second.

It's double elimination and basically the same rules as smashboards except you always have to pick the same char in round 1 to prevent counter-picking in round 1. Every time we've played the prize has always been over 100 bucks.

The next tourney is on Oct 4th at 3:30pm. Warm-ups begin at 1pm.
BYOC

Gmoney won the last tourney

HolyChef and GreenMario were here last tourney as well.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
and you guys thought gigs pot **** was bad. good god :laugh:
If we start getting alot more people then the pot could be bigger, like 50% for 1st, 20% for 2nd and 5A% for 3rd. (Probably better than that) but in order to maintain the place we need money bro

Leh

Smash Ace
I dont play gay.

I just
RUSH
YOUR
DOWN

I start the match i yell "COME GET SOME HOMEBOI!!!!!!!!"

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
No dont work on your mindgames hungry

Work on being as gay as possible

Chaingrab till you cant chaingrab no more

forward tilt with snake till you.....no keep doing it forever

over b with marth alot and tornado and downsmash works wonders with the knight

There are things that work in brawl and things that dont. Find what works and abuse the **** out of it. No mind games no tech skill necessary.

Maybe some spacing....some camping..no mindgames

im not saying there are no mindgames in brawl im saying they are completely useless.
Its unnecessary! I am a mindgame mastah with that ggah and mah falco and it doesnt do ****. The best i do is when i play gay.

Gindler for example uses what works a completely inescapable grab to grab to grab to forward air off the edge. Its gay its really gay but it owns.Thats what brawl is for the most part inescapable **** like chaingrab.
look at melee zoro, you spam alot of the same **** there too, fox *cough* shine, link uses lots of Nair and bombs, capt spams knee so lets not make it seem like anything has changed marth spammed Fair and he still does, of course melee was more technical but it was still spamming, in brawl the smarter player wins, in some cases however the gayer player wins siebrik with grab and danny with arrows, i'm not downing their skill but when i fought them i just got fought gay, but when two good people fight (actually fight) at a high level the smarter player will win, or the one with the advantage, thats why there aren't any mks in florida beatring me afro or chopz, its because they aren't as smart as m2k, who was able to beat me and afro, anyways both games are spamfest but they're fun to play i love melee and i love brawl.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Melee was definitely not a spam fest. And the difference in skill between a GREAT player and a NOOB in brawl and melee is a HUGE margin. Brawl is still fun because it is a part of the Smash series but............. Melee > Brawl.

-advent-

PolMex23

Smash Champion
im not going to lie melee was better because it tool alot of practice to get your tech skill up.

Seriously, that is all.

Tech skill is like crawling is the pre cursor to walking.
In Melee u had to know your tech skill to be good (Dont give me that Azen bull cuz all he didnt do sometimes was Wave dash)

Melee was fun becuase of that, an dont tell me seeing Luigi an Captain Moon walk everywhere wasnt amazing

Zoro

Smash Champion
look at melee zoro, you spam alot of the same **** there too, fox *cough* shine, link uses lots of Nair and bombs, capt spams knee so lets not make it seem like anything has changed marth spammed Fair and he still does, of course melee was more technical but it was still spamming, in brawl the smarter player wins, in some cases however the gayer player wins siebrik with grab and danny with arrows, i'm not downing their skill but when i fought them i just got fought gay, but when two good people fight (actually fight) at a high level the smarter player will win, or the one with the advantage, thats why there aren't any mks in florida beatring me afro or chopz, its because they aren't as smart as m2k, who was able to beat me and afro, anyways both games are spamfest but they're fun to play i love melee and i love brawl.
dang i tried to edit it before someone responded

If you had any knowledge of high lvl competitive melee you would know that what your talking about is completely false.

Its alright when you play melee more you will understand eventually.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
dang i tried to edit it before someone responded

If you had any knowledge of high lvl competitive melee you would know that what your talking about is completely false.

Its alright when you play melee more you will understand eventually.
if u had ANY knowledge of high level competetive brawl u'd know wat ur talkin bout is false as well...

the gay **** like tornado, and chaingrabs dont mean that much at those higher level, the better/smarter players just accept wat some matchups are like, and move up from there, making them more and more even.

if u wana see wat im talkin bout watch the next tourny set i have with chops (who just recently beat me) he is so good at that matchup its rediculous. i BARELY ever get a chaingrab on him, just like metaknights BARELY ever get to tornado spam me (as ddd).

nothing in brawl is gay, as long as u know what your doing, and how to handle it. if u dont kno how to handle something as simple as tornadoing, ur basically saying ur bad at the game, and the other player deserves the win.

of course if u dont kno how to fight something, your going to hate it/think its gay.

wen u kno wat to do, and understand it, it becomes fun again. i <3 fighting metas now, as much as i <3 fighting falco's in melee, but hate fighting foxes, not because fox is significantly better, but because i have less knowledge in that matchup and dont kno wat to do as much.

blah, i lost my train of thought.

peace

Top Bottom