• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fish Flop Presents: Outrage III? | Date TBA - April 1st, 2014 - Ann Arbor, MI

JTsm

Smash Master
**** DETROIT.

Yeah what kind of venues you got thar mang?

:phone:

Xatic

Smash Lord
I'm looking at other venues that UoM has to offer. Michigan Union and Michigan League are looking more likely atm (they're only like $40-$50 more than I was paying for my original venue).

My last option is pushing this back a few weeks but as I said, I'm trying to avoid doing that.

JTsm

Smash Master
Worst case scenario, push it back. I know it's not a good option, but if UofM buildings are closing for spring break, then welp.

Whatever happens, Xatic will pick the best option he can.

JTsm

Smash Master
Let this tournament NOT be Rain, folks. We need all the set ups we can get!

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Good job, JTsm.

Everyone should keep in mind that constantly begging for full setups is a huge factor in running a tournament smoothly.

JTsm

Smash Master
Good job, JTsm.

Everyone should keep in mind that constantly begging for full setups is a huge factor in running a tournament smoothly.
I mean, you don't want just 8 set ups, do you?

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I mean, I was being serious about begging for full setups being a key factor of running a tourney smoothly.

I learned from Rob.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I don't think it's at Mason.

It was going to be at first, but then Xatic/JTsm moved to Pierpont because they wanted this event to be bigger, and Pierpont would be better for this.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I don't think it's at Mason.

It was going to be at first, but then Xatic/JTsm moved to Pierpont because they wanted this event to be bigger, and Pierpont would be better for this.
I know why they originally moved to Pierpont, but sadly Pierpont is closed during this because of Spring Break while Mason is open. Yes this is going to be like 35-50 people, but Mason being the only available venue is what we will have to deal with. Also We can easily get hallway setups going haha.

JTsm

Smash Master
Having hallway setups is actually not a bad idea. Just make sure it's close by and have people around it.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I'm looking at Mason right now. The Michigan League and Union venues were just out of my price range.

Mason would be fine only because we can use the hallway if we need to, plus it's a flat $50 for the whole day. (Juggleguy was telling me that he might have to do this for his Melee tournament the weekend before anyways.)

It will most likely end up being Mason. The date for this is not changing unless Mason Hall is not available for this day. Sorry I haven't kept you guys up to date per say. I was told that they kicked out Juggleguy the one time because he didn't have a reservation, so he made it clear that if I had a reservation until a certain time they cannot kick me out before then

I will be sure to let you all know asap.

Roller

Smash Legend
wtf are you people talking about? At GSS we had at least like 50+ people for Brawl and ~64 for Melee, iirc.

Each fit into single rooms at Mason.

The venue is fine. Plus it comes with ~3 TVs.

You're all being dumb.

Xatic

Smash Lord
wtf are you people talking about? At GSS we had at least like 50+ people for Brawl and ~64 for Melee, iirc.

Each fit into single rooms at Mason.

The venue is fine. Plus it comes with ~3 TVs.

You're all being dumb.
Yeah, the rooms weren't the problem I had with Mason, it only became a problem when I was told that they kicked Rob out at 9pm. However; I was then told it was simply because he didn't have a reservation.

Mason isn't a horrible venue. Yes Pierpoint is a hell of a lot better but Mason is by no means bad.

As soon as Juggleguy hears back about the reservation I'll let you guys know.

Also, thoughts on trying Vinnie's stagelist at this instead of Apex?
(gauging interest)

Top Bottom