• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Recorded Offline Match

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
And I couldn't be more elated with the outcome. Thanks much to Tempest for the upload! Also, the dsmashing was on accident. Still was getting used to offline timing for iDA. I'd normally not make a thread for just one match, but the match was a bit of an upset, so I figured what the hell? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipe55MveC9U

Wish I could've gotten more. But yes, enjoy!

Edit: Also, bonus video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGBOvPjF-hQ

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Great job, Verm.

I wish my opponents didn't know how to abuse RCO either. :(
Thanks, TP.

I do think he tried to, though. But, I did intentionally make sure he was either far away so I could come back safely, or to wizkick down when he did have an intention to punish it so I couldn't be punished quite as hard.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Huh? Isn't wizkick lag a lot worse than RCO lag...?

Nice game, but there's a video thread...
Yep, but wizkick is harder to punish as ICs, since Nana lets her shield go sooner than Popo, making it so they can't CG you. That's why I did it so much, so I could get rid of RCO while sending Nana off.

And yeah, I know. But I figured since everyone else posts their videos outside of that thread, it couldn't hurt if I did as well, seeing as how it's rarely viewed to my knowledge.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Maybe I'm just spoiled from watching Lain play so much, but that ICs was pretty terrible (at least in that match)... he barely ever punished you for anything, he missed every other CG, and it looked like he was sandbagging towards the end (what with the grounded down B's and all).

The reason this matchup is so bad is because Ganon has very few options to attack the Icies without risking getting grabbed. But if the Icies suck at CGs (Prawn only CGed you for about 10-20% of the total damage done, not to mention 0 KOs), then the matchup becomes a lot easier.

I'm not saying you did anything particularly wrong, I'm just saying that I'm sure there were plenty of better matches you could have uploaded (if any were recorded). It's nice to see you going to tournaments though, keep it up :p

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Maybe I'm just spoiled from watching Lain play so much, but that ICs was pretty terrible (at least in that match)... he barely ever punished you for anything, he missed every other CG, and it looked like he was sandbagging towards the end (what with the grounded down B's and all).

The reason this matchup is so bad is because Ganon has very few options to attack the Icies without risking getting grabbed. But if the Icies suck at CGs (Prawn only CGed you for about 10-20% of the total damage done, not to mention 0 KOs), then the matchup becomes a lot easier.

I'm not saying you did anything particularly wrong, I'm just saying that I'm sure there were plenty of better matches you could have uploaded (if any were recorded). It's nice to see you going to tournaments though, keep it up :p
Only one that got replayed, unfortunately. And yeah, it wasn't a serious match. It was just a friendly. Neither of us were playing really seriously. It was just a fun match to watch.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Very nice. I know it's not a serious match, but if I were to say anything, I say it needs less Dair and more of Ganon's other aerials. You can't use the Full hop Dair as a bait effectively when you use it three times in the beginning of the match.

Otherwise, cool stuff. Bonus video was epic.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol, it's actually a lot easier to CG with Icies if you're mad baked. You're only able to focus on one thing, and that one thing is grabbing that mofo out of the air.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
First vid:

Speaking from experience against more professional ICs, if you ever separate the climbers, just go ape**** on Nana; if over 80%, on Popo. Wreck.

I like the footstool at 0:55, but a whiff like at 0:35 should see a smash from Ganny. It especially shouldn't see staling on dtilt. Even after hitting, at that percent it left Ganon defensive.
This may make no sense, but Fsmash is faster, but slower (1:32), than you think.

Against Prawn, you got away with so many rolls to escape grab. Mainly rolls behind. I hope you are aware of that.
Against the guy Ambrose from my area, I knew that wouldn't work. If you showed him only one answer to CG, he can just throw in a mixup to cover that every time he comes in range. Not to mention just waiting.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
First vid:

Speaking from experience against more professional ICs, if you ever separate the climbers, just go ape**** on Nana; if over 80%, on Popo. Wreck.

I like the footstool at 0:55, but a whiff like at 0:35 should see a smash from Ganny. It especially shouldn't see staling on dtilt. Even after hitting, at that percent it left Ganon defensive.
This may make no sense, but Fsmash is faster, but slower (1:32), than you think.

Against Prawn, you got away with so many rolls to escape grab. Mainly rolls behind. I hope you are aware of that.
Against the guy Ambrose from my area, I knew that wouldn't work. If you showed him only one answer to CG, he can just throw in a mixup to cover that every time he comes in range. Not to mention just waiting.
Thanks, PK, but I definitely know it wasn't the zenith of either Prawn's or my own abilities. I'd say this was probably my 3rd offline match, so I was still getting used to offline, and I think Prawn was just effing off.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Nice match Verm.
Can't you DI from the Down Throw to Forwaird Air spike to land just on the stage?
I know I did it sometimes..

Prawn

Smash Master
>_<

so much ****talk from a friendly with a ganon player yo.

i'll mm any of your ganons for any amount of money ever. just come up to me a tournament and ask

edit: that being said Verms ganon is pretty good

double edit: lol at DLA and tero thinking they know anything about anything.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
We all now its just a friendly and you didn't play too well because of that O.o

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah i dont even know why i care what the ganon boards think LMAO

have fun "critiquing" this

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
double edit: lol at DLA and tero thinking they know anything about anything.
Why would you assume that I don't know anything about anything? You've never even met me lol. That match you played against Verm was horrible, you hardly did anything right. I'm not saying that YOU'RE horrible and YOU can't do anything right. I was just commenting on the video.

PS - Ask Lain how good my Ganon is

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Why would you assume that I don't know anything about anything? You've never even met me lol. That match you played against Verm was horrible, you hardly did anything right. I'm not saying that YOU'RE horrible and YOU can't do anything right. I was just commenting on the video.

PS - Ask Lain how good my Ganon is
The point was conveyed nicely and eloquently up until the point in bold. Sorry, DLA, but lending your credence as a player, especially speaking for yourself, doesn't really further your point. >_O

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
It was pretty much me that Prawn was commenting back to. I was just having a little fun Prawn, it's the Ganon boards, what else would you expect? We all know it was a friendly and doesn't matter who did what and who won.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
The point was conveyed nicely and eloquently up until the point in bold. Sorry, DLA, but lending your credence as a player, especially speaking for yourself, doesn't really further your point. >_O
It was more to further my point that "I know things about things"

edit: I didn't really intend to "trash talk" Prawn at the beginning of the thread... I actually kind of meant to defend him lol. He obviously wasn't playing his best in the friendly, and Verm did what good Ganons do to people who sandbag.

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
So, getting this all together.
Verm, next time put up a tournament match ;p We'd love to see you playing serious against a serious player.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
yeah i dont even know why i care what the ganon boards think LMAO

have fun "critiquing" this

I didn't care until you got adversarial.

You're the only one who's talked ****. There was no ****-talking here until you made that post about talking ****.

Saying you played badly is not anything other than the truth if you, in fact, played badly.
Did anyone say you are bad? If even anyone said "you were bad", even that statement is clearly only about what you DID, not what you are disposed and/or able to do.

Are you 15? This reaction seems really rash and immature, and above all pointless, for someone older. I'll forgive you if so. If not, you're choosing to be a ****.
EDIT: If you apologize, and admit to choosing to be a ****, I'll also forgive you.

Prawn

Smash Master
I didn't care until you got adversarial.

You're the only one who's talked ****. There was no ****-talking here until you made that post about talking ****.

Saying you played badly is not anything other than the truth if you, in fact, played badly.
Did anyone say you are bad? If even anyone said "you were bad", even that statement is clearly only about what you DID, not what you are disposed and/or able to do.

Are you 15? This reaction seems really rash and immature, and above all pointless, for someone older. I'll forgive you if so. If not, you're choosing to be a ****.
EDIT: If you apologize, and admit to choosing to be a ****, I'll also forgive you.
im not apologizing to you or anybody that i dont know for talking **** on the internet

its the internet thats what its made for

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
Any selfrespecting tournament organiser would at least stay a little bit decent on the biggest competive brawl community. And why "even" in the Ganon Boards? Are we less of a board because we play the worst character of the game, that we play becuase we like him, it fits us, and we have fun with him, and the fact that it gives such a great fealing when you defeat a top tier with the worst character of the game and then hearing their awful johns about not being ready and not expecting it, and then answering with a simple "no johns, if it was MK you would have john't it was too broken"instead just wanting to win money, and now, were not worth being taken serious?
You'd rather take the dead and full of trolls MK boards serious because they play the best character of the game?
Were still people who play a character, only its a less succesfol character, and we deserve to be taken serious.

And the internet can be used for other things, but youre too smallminded to actually think about that instead of just trolling. The smash community and the knowledge of smash would be way smaller if we didn't have the internet for it.

And if you want to know it, nobody's jugding you. We all know it was a friendly, you weren't playing serious, and if you aren't pressured (or high, in lains case) with IC's its very hard to actually perform a good chaingrab.
We were just excited because Verm is a very good Ganon who has finally switch to offline play, and we were very curious about the results.

Prawn

Smash Master
you just wrote 3 paragraphs that i didnt even read because it was so boring

umustbemadrightnow

umad?

Dumbfire

NNID
AncientSunlight
No, actually, I'm not. I don't like being mad.
I saw you having very serious posts and threads.. Can I just now why you are so trolling on the Ganon boards then?

Prawn

Smash Master
idk i just troll and post and troll and post im just that kinda guy i guess

umadddddd

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
idk i just troll and post and troll and post im just that kinda guy i guess

umadddddd
Prawn, I can sympathize that sometimes the boards can be a little insufferable, but you were pretty disrespectful yourself. I think certain folks should've worded themselves a little more delicately, and you shouldn't have stormed in all pissy.

Top Bottom