• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Ever Mass BiWeekly!!!! May 19th - Also There Will be HALO 3 BETA TESTING!!!

S.P.I.C. TOM

Smash Ace
Elendil your gonna get your rematch I think im coming to this.

Redsox fan just checking in to say mission accomplished. A ton of people showed up to our thing, hopefully alot show up to this.

Chopingboard if your talking about bob i beat him at djs tourney and I split matches in friendlies with him at my house yesterday. Being completely frank I just put myself seventh only because I dont really lose to any mass players under hayato. And I usually split matches with bob and jinx. But I put jinx ahead of me only because I do better against falco than any player and overall he is better than me.

**** Thomas mm your shiek, chopping board will front the money haha :).

Dotzeb I would put nuro right under the people we listed. He is good **** but I knocked him out of last tourney comfortably. He is good but not as good as Bob and Tom. I mean thats why it is just my opinon based on the fact that I have played everyone and how hard I thought they were. So dotzeb you got your money matches :).

I think that if there were a round robin of all the mass players it would end up pretty much how i put it. Thats just my opinon though.

If choping board is willing then I will do it but pat you haven't beaten me in tourney yet so I think I am 6th ohhhhhhhhhhhh!

Also I am playing the halo 3 beta right now! wut now *****es

It's the 14th today

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
little FYI i beat pat just about every day of the week.
Hes completely right. Every 2 out of 10 games he beats me everyday of the week :).

**** Thomas you are #1 in my book haha. I know we have never had to play each other in a tourney kinda weird. But thats cause you bounced outta djs tourney without even playing. We can rig this tourney to play each other cause we have that kind of power.

cLueLeSs

Smash Cadet
i might be their, i hope. if im not busy. i might need a ride too, w/ my bro. lowell, MA. Princeton blvd. zip: 01851

Elen

Smash Lord
I'm assuming that this tourney will be held bi-weekly? I can't make this one, but I may make the next one. It's on my birthday :-)
If I'm correct, it's actually going to be monthly. We're gonna need another location if we want biweeklies ^^ Try to come next month tho.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
anyways I haven't been beaten by either of you in tourney so wuz up now.
I have never played you in a tourney. But I have never lost to you in friendlies when we played at Play and Trade :). But thats only because you only ever play me with jigglypuff and falco :psycho:. Thats why i want the shiekness or at least give me some IC action.

Plus I only got serious about smash about a month and a half ago and I havent even seen you since then. Which is why I have done extremely well since then. I.E. Placing ahead of jinx and bob at DJ's, beating tetra in pools at mlg, beating Bum and DA Dave in all but one of our friendlies matches at MLG and almost beating chu dat in pools (he had 100% with one guy left and somehow survived my upsmash).

Bob beat you I beat Bob erego I am awesome, ohh s*** ssbm smack talk (or as i like to call it smash talk).

But all fun and humorous smack talk aside. I honestly think we really should have a pool play with everyone in Mass and put up a rankings system. I think it would encourage people to train more to prove themselves and such. I mean frickin Connecticut has one why dont we.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about doing lessons.
I don't want anyone willing to JUST paying and say "teach me".
I want aspiring smashers who are aiming to be the best in the world that will say "Show me your move!"
Those are the smashers I teach. Those are the smashers that have potential to aim up to be a pro.

Anyone interested in lessons can PM me through smashboards or let me know through the bi-weekly.

nuro

Smash Lord
Good **** DJ!

I am definitely going to try to make this.

I don't think we should all be trying to rank ourselves it doesn't really matter. MA needs to amp it up since we only have about 5 amazing players while the rest kinda lag behind. I am defiantly going to try to amp it up.

Its good that we are having these bi-weeklies MA can get some good practice.

KDJ- $8 for 20 games 4 stocks each?

JHoLLa

Smash Journeyman
i am also giving lessons. i dont care how serious you really are as long as i get paid. lol jk
i think thats good **** DJ.
theres a good chance i cant make this unfortanutely. im going to give it a shot though and see if i can maybe just skip early.

Harvey Birdman

Smash Apprentice
i donno if i wanna go by myself is anyone comin down from the north, then again i might just go anway cause i like to leave wheneva. and nuro your sig is revealing your characters what are you thinking, dont you know the most important part of smash is keeping everything about yourself and your characters hella secret. btw i main falco now. is it mind games? who knows!!!

Elen

Smash Lord
Hah see Birdman now I'm right. I once thought you mained Falco, and now you do :p I must've mindgamed you into it. I want a Falco ditto ^^ Get to this :D

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@Dan: yeah, more people need to have that attitude. Even if I have *almost* no tournie experience/people to advise me, I'm trying to step up my game..(I'm that semi-n00b Doc who went to CAT3 with you guys, if you remember)

@Erik: we needs to play sometimes, both John and I are able to beat steve now (though for me its still a major pain and I can't with Doc most of the time... :/)

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Then they need to change the name. It's misleading :-( I'll keep an eye out, though.
Well the plan is to start bi-weeklies in Mass. This monthly tournament will be the first step in getting things going. I'm gonna need help to complete the process though, since I won't be able to host anything more than once a month at least for the summer.

JHoLLa

Smash Journeyman
o snap i think i can go now. birdman you better go. team superdiesel is going to bring the house down haha

Harvey Birdman

Smash Apprentice
hahaha fo sho super diesel is da greatest, and elindil i was joking about falco, or was i? again with the mindgames peeps are gonna be ****tin themselves before i even play them in tourney

Elen

Smash Lord
! Oh noes. We're screwed now. Birdman's got this **** locked up.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
im also giving lessson on why SD is dangerous... :) nevere get a teal controllerr!!!!! its ultimate SD controller :D its been proven a fact....

anyone wanna take lesson from the great hayato himself? :D anyways i think the powerrankin idea is aiiitez i think that mite motivate some of the kids to wanna become better. :o we shoud set up a side event at each bi weeklies a round robin event. mite take alittle long tho... hmmm ill see if i can develop an effective system for that. maybe top 16 or top 10 from the singles bracket? it be whom ever get 1,2,3,4,5,5,7,7,9,9,9,9,13,13,13,13.... doa 16 man round robin and collect points! its gonna be beastly long hhahahaha common kids

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
i donno if i wanna go by myself is anyone comin down from the north, then again i might just go anway cause i like to leave wheneva. and nuro your sig is revealing your characters what are you thinking, dont you know the most important part of smash is keeping everything about yourself and your characters hella secret. btw i main falco now. is it mind games? who knows!!!
Not mindgames. =D

Oh, by the way, I got dibs on 3rd place.

Harvey Birdman

Smash Apprentice
hayato ill take how to bargain lap dances and junk at strip club lessons from you, and dont you know only a select few can weild the teal controller its like that one sword that hurts you or some ****, im tired right now but matt ur not gettin third

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Birdman, I'll take you down with one hand behind my back.
OHHHHHH SNAPPPP!!!!!!!

Hayato, I say that we should just get some of the top players, *that play regularly*, that are going to be attending these things and that still go to tournaments to just get together and just figure this out. You **** tom and I have played pretty much every player in the area recently at one time or another and im sure even if its just us three with input from like dj and some others later on we could make one. Zeb can put his two cents in as well, but no birdman bashing :). Ive actually thought of the list of mass players and there arent that many spots that are really in question. Like everyone knows dj and marcus 1 and 2 respectively, then you cwj and kj take the next three spots in whatever order, etc.

If there are any disagreements between the rankings the players could just play it out. Like instead of having 1 big pool that would take a ton of time we could have like a pool of 4 people where the spots are in question. Like if its unsure who is in spots 5-9 but we know what people could be in those spots we just have a mini pool to help clarify. Then from there we could change the rankings based on biweeklies and future tournies.

Just an idea. But anyways really excited about this. I love to see MA players getting together.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I say we host tournaments, much like mlg.
Except call it MSG. Mass State Gaming. =D
Award points based on placement, basically a smaller less funded and Massachusetts only MLG tournament. Just hold a few of them throughout the summer, spread across the state. Sounds good to me. :D

Tizex

Smash Journeyman
**** i'm going home tomorrow. oh well

dj haha with lessons you'll be able to fill up your pdf reader's schedule quickly

Elen

Smash Lord
Wanna put money on this? Birdman vs MattDotZeb.
Start your bets, folks!
My bets on .Zeb. Sorry Birdman :p

Btw chopingboard, that guys pretty amazing. I need to remember what Tizek looks like though :S

Top Bottom