• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Tricks! (Video inside) (Now with Wave Fire! New video inside)

Flayl

Smash Hero
LH B and Turnaround B.

The first seems to be not very useful, because since it has such a big startup time, you need to use it when they're not close to the edge. A LH attack that requires your opponent to not be close to the edge is... rather pointless.

The second one is known, since it's a general technique for all characters. It has some mindgame potential when you're dashing away from your opponent, but I never remember to use it =(

W-man

Smash Cadet
It's usefull, since Bowser's flames are his main asset in middle-range comabt, I think. Being able to flame them if they try to roll behind you can make you much more threatening (albeit it's not sufficient to be a good Bowser of course). Moreover, I don't like his D-smash.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
his down smash is one of his best smashes, it is very strong, there is barely any lag at the end

Buuman

Smash Ace
It's B sticking and reverse B sticking. I do that **** all the time. Don't creme yourselves over this.. He's trying to get credit for crap thats already been discovered >,>

Ceddan

Smash Rookie
It's B sticking and reverse B sticking. I do that **** all the time. Don't creme yourselves over this.. He's trying to get credit for crap thats already been discovered >,>
It is a little old, but no need to get upset :ohwell:. You could probably show in the video that it's good for jumping at your opponent with your back turned to him, jumping back when you get close, then turning back around with flames. Or you could just jump completely over your opponent and turn around with flames.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Dias would you kindly stop making up names for general character techniques and slight variations thereof

Buuman

Smash Ace
It's really getting annoying. I know how to apply them, no need to give me advice cause I don't want it. I keep my strategies and techs to myself. I apply all the B sticking strategies in my game. It is a little ignorant to rename them, and try to take credit for alternate ways to initiate those techs. When we wavedashed to grab, we didnt call it GRAB BOOSTING!!!!!

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
No way, dsmash is bad. Has horrible startup, relatively small hitbox and is easily punished.
Bad move to use a lot but it's VERY good for predicting when someone will roll on high % due to it's longer duration to catch them and decent kill potential. Upsmash is better in most places though.

OneWingedAngelo1

Smash Journeyman
It's really getting annoying. I know how to apply them, no need to give me advice cause I don't want it. I keep my strategies and techs to myself. I apply all the B sticking strategies in my game. It is a little ignorant to rename them, and try to take credit for alternate ways to initiate those techs. When we wavedashed to grab, we didnt call it GRAB BOOSTING!!!!!
You are my new god... seriously I didn't know there were people who could do such things like know all this stuff before hand.... but thanks to you telling us that you specifically weren't helped by this it now makes me think of you as a god and him as a loser...

Oh and by the way... we soo called it GRAB BOOSTING!!!!! We just all decided not to tell you... because you already knew.

Buuman

Smash Ace
You are my new god... seriously I didn't know there were people who could do such things like know all this stuff before hand.... but thanks to you telling us that you specifically weren't helped by this it now makes me think of you as a god and him as a loser...

Oh and by the way... we soo called it GRAB BOOSTING!!!!! We just all decided not to tell you... because you already knew.
What I meant was, after B sticking came out, I experimented with bowsers moves xD
Applied the reverse momentum tricks during tournies and such. Worked out well. But anyway, no need to double label a technique

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
You guys do know I name techs because I want to. Not because I feel its a name "we" all should go by. You don't have to use the name I gave it.

Call them w/e you want and I myself find it hard to B stick special with the B button which is why I'm showing to those who didn't know that you can do it without using the Bsticking method.

"To each his own" ;)

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Call them w/e you want and I myself find it hard to B stick special with the B button which is why I'm showing to those who didn't know that you can do it without using the Bsticking method.
We don't call it a rock, we call it an apple. By the way, don't eat the apple.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i like bowsers Dsmash, but its just about like any other move, its situational, yeah it has bad startup, but very little ending lag, and it does great damage and knockback. its especially good at high percents when the opponent is recovering from an edge and u see they are going to roll. in any way, its 100x better than Dair anyday lol.

Albericht

Smash Rookie
ROFL. Never thought the switch flame and the wave fire would come in handy! I played a match against a very good captain falcon and man was his *** burned!!! LMAO Nearly all his damage came from fire attacks and then all i did was finish him off with one of my smash attacks. Too bad I couldnt record the match (my matches usually last more than 3 minutes... stupid 3 min save limit -.-)

Anyways, these tricks are pretty awesome once you master them. Still having a bit of trouble with the wave fire... I accidentally do sideB sometimes. By the way, DiasFlac... I would really love to have a match with you. Im interested in seeing how your Bowser deals out damage with these. Would you consider a duel someday?

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
ROFL. Never thought the switch flame and the wave fire would come in handy! I played a match against a very good captain falcon and man was his *** burned!!! LMAO Nearly all his damage came from fire attacks and then all i did was finish him off with one of my smash attacks. Too bad I couldnt record the match (my matches usually last more than 3 minutes... stupid 3 min save limit -.-)

Anyways, these tricks are pretty awesome once you master them. Still having a bit of trouble with the wave fire... I accidentally do sideB sometimes. By the way, DiasFlac... I would really love to have a match with you. Im interested in seeing how your Bowser deals out damage with these. Would you consider a duel someday?
Glad you found it useful. I don't mind dualing anyone. I don't usually turn down challenges so if your ever up for a brawl just PM me and we'll try to get something started. (no homo)

KishSquared

Smash Master
I hate to say it, but the ledge-hop technique would not work in tournament settings. The start-up lag is just too much - Bowser will eat an attack before the flame gets big enough to push attackers away.

Flame is losing its effectiveness as people learn to DI. Floaty characters (almost everyone) can DI up and jump out of the fire, landing an aerial before Bowser has a chance to recover. Very few people actually DI it poorly enough to take a bunch of damage.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I just don't think Bowser's flame attack has much of a future. I'm starting to avoid using the flame at all in tournament play.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I hate to say it, but the ledge-hop technique would not work in tournament settings. The start-up lag is just too much - Bowser will eat an attack before the flame gets big enough to push attackers away.

Flame is losing its effectiveness as people learn to DI. Floaty characters (almost everyone) can DI up and jump out of the fire, landing an aerial before Bowser has a chance to recover. Very few people actually DI it poorly enough to take a bunch of damage.

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I just don't think Bowser's flame attack has much of a future. I'm starting to avoid using the flame at all in tournament play.
I understand 100% what you mean guy. Against good players Flame is kinda useless which is why I use it only as a spacing tool (against good players anyways)

I make sure to hit them with just the end of the flame so that I don't get punish for the attack. Against certain characters its safe to use the flame it its full effect.

"Return Fire" (as I like to call it) will still be useful for keeping space at the cliff. I've used it on players who DI into my flame so that I can return to the cliff safely.

You just have to know how to use it and why your using it. Both of which I fully understand. Its something I count on when getting back to the cliff.

Its all about mindgames. ;)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I love these new Boozer flame tricks. However, it may take me a bit of time to learn them, since i got to learn plenty of other stuff.

Top Bottom