• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Juggling by Darkmusician

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
FIRE JUGGLING IS SO FUN!!! lol anyways this question has probably been answered already but how to i deal with ppl that air dodge through it?

Arashi

Smash Cadet
So bloody effective! I love it (and I use it all the time, especially against cpus).

I subscribed to your videos by the way. Thanks for posting so many on Zelda! :)

Luthien

Smash Ace
FIRE JUGGLING IS SO FUN!!! lol anyways this question has probably been answered already but how to i deal with ppl that air dodge through it?
It depends on how close they are to you when they airdodge. I like to wait until they're close enough to me so that when they airdodge the Din's Fire, the airdodge lag gets them caught in my u-smash. That's just one idea, but try to mess around and come up with some other stuff. Din's Fire is a great mindgame tool because it can influence so much of what your opponent does. When you cast it, you need to predict what they're going to do and punish.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Hey DM just wanted to say thanks for those matches 2 nights ago (I was the ike you were playing), it really gave naks (and myself, for sure) some perspective. Gotta say dealing with an aggressive zelda as opposed to a retaliatory one took a lot to figure out at first, a lot of those matches' (not the last one though, ouch lol) last stocks could have easily gone either way just due to latency from NY to Hawaii but there's really no denying your quality as a player man.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Thanks Ryko. Your Ike is a clever beast. I'm always afraid to play Ike's on wifi because if you mess up the lag is gonna set you up for a hit. And with Ike it's like 5-6 hits and your dead. I was concentrating really hard on the last match.

Oh and Blueriku ya that's a very good question. Luthien already gave a good answer, but I'm gonna add to it. At least once a week I get a comment saying that this is not a tactic, it's useless people will air dodge.

Yes people can and will air dodge, however it's what you do after they dodge or don't dodge it that matters. The fire is only the first step. There are lots of things you can do to trick or trap players with this move. Shoot the fire behind them instead, release the fire a bit earlier (I promise that people will air dodge out of pure panic) and then punish them.

Also there are many times when air dodging is simply not an option. For example there are certain characters who just get stuck is they drop too low under the edge. So if they are near the edge and the fire is coming they have to take it otherwise they air dodge drop down and die. Remember if you release the fire behind them on the stage the power of the move will push them back slightly. This is a great way to force them off the side on to the edge. It's a great pressure game.

And thanks for watching Arashi. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Eten

Smash Ace
Din's fire is an amazing projectile.
-You can aim it, it's fast, can do up to 16%, and you can follow up one with another. The floating aspect allows you to move forward or backwards when using Din's fire too, which is excellent for positioning.
-Using Din's fire on someone in the air or off the stage is a win-win situation. If it hits, you can build up damage very easily, and even KO them off the top. If they a airdodge, you lose nothing, you're still safe on the ground, and can even punish someone after their airdodge.
-The sheer importance of having said projectile. Other characters, with longer range or priority, like marth or Ike, are extremely painful to approach. With such a nasty projectile, you force them to have to do the approaching with a whole lot of shielding, rolling, and dodging, which puts you in a very good situation to make use of the rest of your moves. Even if Din's Fire never hits, it adds a lot.

I had to say this just because it makes me feel excited and the fact that Din's fire is so fun to use.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
That's right. Against people with range, every hit is good damage. That damage just adds up for an upsmash up air or kick. F smash and d smash also kill.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
RyokoSaka has a Q&A thread not too far down the list of current topics. She addressed it somewhere in there. I think she said.. make sure its hitbox is as big as possible, and mindgame your opponent between early detonation and late detonation (its hitbox is big enough that you can do that now :) ).

Drake3

Smash Ace
Yes, she is very good isn't she?

I have to say it's alot of fun seeing everyone's reaction to the new Din's Fire. It's become one of the most feared projectiles in the game. The only thing I don't like is that you can't change the trajectory in the middle of the attack. I used to send it in a zig-zag pattern because it was more intimidating than sending it straight forward. It's not a huge loss, but my beautiful mindgame is gone.

Top Bottom