• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I prefer MU as well but he's called Robin in smash so yea...

Also Male Robin uses bronze sword too in screenshots. Levin sword is probably like a stitch face for Peach or something.

Last edited:
lol I am glad about the inclusion of more Fire Emblem characters. Should give the series more additional support in future. However, I do not expect it to be this year given Nintendo's emphasis on Smash.

The whole movie intro sequence CF, Lucina, and Robin is hilarious (at least without sound). Seems to be as if you get to switch between sword and tome with the tome perhaps acting like an item? Its interesting to say the least. I am surprised there was not much more emphasis on Lucina? I am guess this seems like a rushed character delivery. Lucina have the very Marth-esqe battle animations. However, two attacks is hardly anything to look on about. I was quite surprised how different Mario and Doc are after playing both in melee.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I've made a lot of posts on GFAQs and here in the characteer forums today, so... Suffice to say I am very pleased and shocked that Gematsu was false after all.

I had a flurry of emotions. Shock and awe at Lucina. Glee and elation at Captain Falcon. Total astonishment at Robin. Excitement at Robin's moveset. Sadness at Chrom's dejected expression, regret at him not being a character, but consolation at him being Robin's Final Smash.

It was an emotional roller coaster, to be sure.

I thought I was excited for this game before... Now I really am!

Zora_of_Ylisse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ztm1996
3DS FC
0130-2279-7854
So looks like Sakurai cleared up some of the confusion today, stating that, while Marth's power is focused in the tip of the blade, Lucina does the same amount of damage with any part of the sword. That's pretty cool.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
As long they dont make her on some melee Roy level then we are good lol.

Also I'm planning to do my Lunatic playthrough and planning to marry Robin to Tharja and Chrom to Olivia. This is gonna be fun and horrible all at once.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
LOL damn that chapter was always a pain in the ass so thats nice knowing.

Also what some good builds with Inigo as Chrom/Olivia as the parents?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Galeforce, if you grind for it. Otherwise, Vantage or Swordfaire are great to pass down from Olivia. Astra meshes well with Rightful King, but is still not ideal with Inigo's low starting Skill stat at level 10.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Armsthrift, Swordfaire/Axefaire, Luna, Rightful King, Aggressor.

Pick whatever appeals to you among those, and it's guaranteed to be high-offense.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Galeforce, Limit Breaker, Armsthrift, Swordfaire/Axefaire, Luna, Rightful King, Aggressor.

Pick whatever appeals to you among those, and it's guaranteed to be high-offense.
Alright then thanks alot. Whats your favorite set to use and pros and cons?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
My Noire's setup (also has Gaius as her dad)

Noire <Sniper/Assassin> (Varies on if I need Double Bow usage)
Limit Breaker
Bowfaire
Luna
Galeforce
Dual Guard+

I use her as one half of a Blitzkrieg unit. The other half is her husband Chrom!Inigo.

Inigo <Hero>
Limit Breaker
Armsthrift
Luna
Galeforce
Aggressor

Inigo usually runs Ragnell if he's on point (he usually is), Brave Axe/Sword when he's in the back for Noire to take her Galeforce turn.

Probably my single most effective offensive team. Their closest competition is the WyvernLordKjelle w/ Berserker support Yarne or the SageRaziek w/ Dark Flier Lucina (wife) Double Celica's Gale combo. Both of those other pairs don't have double Galeforce, though.
Quoting for relevance.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Wow I haven't been here in a while. But anyway:
I've never finished FE4 or 5 (need to get back on my FE4 run at some point, and restart FE5), but I've played enough that I appreciated this video. Love seeing how all the events/locations of Thracia line up with the ones in Geneaology.

How far did you get into the game? It seems the game is not terrible given prior knowledge (not going in blind), but the game had a couple flaws form what I remember. The biggest complaint was not being able to shift around starting positions of units.

http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe5/guia/cap19.htm
This map was unnecessarily annoying with the aforementioned complaint. Even standard enemies have 10 movement and are relatively powerful too. Oh, and lets not forget you cannot change around map positions easily (you have minor control) and start super far south. Achieving all goals on this chapter I think I skipped since it was annoying to try doing so.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure the whole point of that chapter would be ruined if you could choose starting positions, because then you could just have all of your units immediately escape (and you could just use Warp/Rewarp and Rescue staves to get the villages and to recruit Amalda/Conomore).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'm pretty sure the whole point of that chapter would be ruined if you could choose starting positions, because then you could just have all of your units immediately escape
Or not. Thracia has minimum deployment limits, so you could set the limit so that you need at least one character deployed in the botttom group.

Alternatively, since that group I think is the group that went to attack Alster with Dorias, you could have them be picked earlier, separate from the group at the top.
(and you could just use Warp/Rewarp and Rescue staves to get the villages and to recruit Amalda/Conomore).
Don't most people do that already? Especially for recruiting Amalda/Conomore.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
True enough. Thracia really does have some odd decisions coupled with its fun mechanics, such as the aforementioned inability to choose starting positions, in addition to Magic and Resistance being one stat.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
Never posted here so hello.

I have only played Sacred Stones, PoR, RD, Shadow Dragon and Awakening.

But its been forever since I played SS so I am replaying it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So I just finished my first run of FE4.

My final chapter units, for those who are curious.

I went with the "top" pairings in Serenes Forests pairing guide because it was my first run.

Twas fun. Kinda felt like Civilization, in that sort of "just one more turn" sort of way.

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How far did you get into the game? It seems the game is not terrible given prior knowledge (not going in blind), but the game had a couple flaws form what I remember. The biggest complaint was not being able to shift around starting positions of units.

http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe5/guia/cap19.htm
This map was unnecessarily annoying with the aforementioned complaint. Even standard enemies have 10 movement and are relatively powerful too. Oh, and lets not forget you cannot change around map positions easily (you have minor control) and start super far south. Achieving all goals on this chapter I think I skipped since it was annoying to try doing so.
Looking at my file, it looks like I'm still at Chapter 14 gaiden. It's been awhile since I've played. There were some chapters that were really difficult for me to complete without any deaths, but I do admit there were a fair share that were trial and error after knowing what happens in advance. It looks like I'm a little past half way right now. I haven't played due to classes, so I didn't stop from being stuck.

I do love the game though. The story is pretty interesting and the difficulty reflects what Leaf and his army has to go through. Some chapters give me little breathing room, and the multiple fog of war maps made it difficult to marathon.
So, FE5 is Pokemon gen 1?

That will be interesting if I ever make it through FE4.
Think of it as P3FES's The Answer. It assumes you know how to play. There's a higher sense of difficulty, and it makes you try and take advantage of what the game gives you.

Edit: I know you were referring to the one stat thing, but this is more of what to expect from FE5.

Last edited:

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
The pleasure of just buying King Marth off Spotpass.

Hello Level 30 Lodestar with Sol, Luna, Astra, Aegis and Rightful King right off the bat.

I mean, not as good as my Morgan but still quite spectacular as a solo unit.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
quick question about sacred stones

Normally when I play I don't use Moulder or Natasha. Should I? Are they worth using? I mean I try but its so hard to level them up thoughts?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Who the heck is doing your healing if you don't use those two? Do you just wait until L'Arachel? >_>

Yes, you should be using them. Strictly speaking you don't HAVE to because SS is piss-easy, but both are solid units, and Bishops are broken vs. Monsters thanks to their Slayer skill doing a billion damage.

Robotic Wind

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grey Walrus
I usually promote Artur to Bishop and use L'Arachel.

I am thinking about playing "Fire Emblem" that has Lyn, Eliwood and Hector. Never played it before.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Play it so you can get hyped for 8 years for the sequel that has Roy before realizing that game came out first.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
And then you can play FE6 for the most magical hit rates. :D

Think of it as P3FES's The Answer. It assumes you know how to play. There's a higher sense of difficulty, and it makes you try and take advantage of what the game gives you.

Edit: I know you were referring to the one stat thing, but this is more of what to expect from FE5.
That sounds cool, I bet I'll enjoy it far more than FE4.

I still don't want to play it until I finish FE4 though, I guess I should try it again.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Randomly started a "no child units" file in FE13.

Gonna complete main game, marry how I wish, and then grind the crap out of the parents for the most OP parent units possible. I like a lot of the Gen 1 cast, and I like how they're all more straightforward than their kids, i.e., easier to plan out and utilize correctly, because of fewer classes and fixed stat caps. Most of the time, people "dump" the parents once they train the kids, since the kids are stronger/better equipped. I've done enough of those min/max files for now. I wanted something different.

I might use Lucina, though, because it's Lucina. She is the best daughteru. Her big scene makes me cry every time ;__;

Zora_of_Ylisse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ztm1996
3DS FC
0130-2279-7854
Randomly started a "no child units" file in FE13.

Gonna complete main game, marry how I wish, and then grind the crap out of the parents for the most OP parent units possible. I like a lot of the Gen 1 cast, and I like how they're all more straightforward than their kids, i.e., easier to plan out and utilize correctly, because of fewer classes and fixed stat caps. Most of the time, people "dump" the parents once they train the kids, since the kids are stronger/better equipped. I've done enough of those min/max files for now. I wanted something different.

I might use Lucina, though, because it's Lucina. She is the best daughteru. Her big scene makes me cry every time ;__;
I did something like that once. I don't get the most use out of a lot of child units anyway. (Brady, Severa,Cynthia)
As long as I have Morgan, Owain, Inigo and Yarne; I'm good.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I guess my favorite kids are Owain, Noire, Lucina and Laurent. I didn't used to like Laurent, but he grew on me. It's hard not to like Owain and Lucina. Noire is pretty interesting and... I love Snipers! Plus, a green unit! I like green units. Cynthia for honorable mention, because Pega Pony Princess :3

fe_wander

Smash Cadet
Hm, so having played all the US Fire Emblems, I've decided to work through the ones that never made it to international shores. Have any of you played them all? If so, should I start with FE4, FE5, FE6, or FE12?
I might try FE2 later, but I've heard it's pretty outdated by comparison. No point in FE1/FE3 when there's always the remakes to play.

If it helps, I'd probably rank my favorite FEs as follows:
FE9 > FE7 = FE10 > FE13 >> FE8 >>> FE11.

Top Bottom