• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Well, that was great.

Was up to Fomortis. He put half my team to sleep with Nightmare, then Ephraim got hit by a Dracozombie on a 60, followed by a 20% Shadowshot to kill him. :(
RNG, man. RNG. Are you considering that the end, or are you going to retry?

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
I guess with the higher internal level cap, grinding units on Hard mode in Awakening is a lot easier than Normal mode. By this time on Normal I had to resort to Paragon several times just to get levels on the EXP DLC map... I guess Lunatic is even easier, since the internal level cap is supposed to be the highest.
Um, the higher internal level cap means it's harder, since you gain less EXP at higher levels.

In regards to what happened to Raziek, that's pretty surprising. I usually finish off Fomortiis before he even attacks, since there's a bunch of weapons that are effective on him in addition to the fact that he always summons enemies on his first turn.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I forgot that he summons enemies on his first turn, so I didn't move all the way up to be able to attack him on Turn 2.

I didn't think I could get enough hits in to finish him in one turn, so I tried to kill off as many enemies as possible. Then Nightmare. ;_;

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Dat MU knowledge tho.

Speaking of which, I now realize how much I hate Chapter 16, especially given the units I've drafted. None of them take kindly to Bolting + Purge in a single turn.

Ross plz.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I have to wonder what the hell your draft strategy is.

Why the **** would you first pick HEATHER?

Sothe is free, and she's one of the worst Part-2 units anyway. :x

Then Nealuchi? <_>

D

Deleted member 189823

Yeah, I've been pretty nuts on my picks, lol...

I actually have rather effecient uses for both, Heather and Nealuchi. But they're definitely not as good to warrant 1rst/2nd picks...they're at least 3rd/4th. Heather's for Part 3, rather than Part 2...she doesn't do much in Part 2.

Picked Heather first because she's my favorite FE10 character (along with Shinon) and because I haven't played in a while. She's really fun to use, ee-mo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Every time someone mentions Shinon, I think of this picture. It's really burned itself into my mind.

Shinon as a modern-day sniper.

I always liked archers to begin with. I liked Shinon. Didn't care for Rolf much... not a fan of young children fighting wars.

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Chapter 16: just buy a barriar staff from the desert map.

Did have Garcia die though unexpectedly so have to just send Tana in to kill the ranged magic instead of securing max uses of the physic.

D

Deleted member 189823

Every time someone mentions Shinon, I think of this picture. It's really burned itself into my mind.

Shinon as a modern-day sniper.

I always liked archers to begin with. I liked Shinon. Didn't care for Rolf much... not a fan of young children fighting wars.
'DAT SHINON
YOOOOO, so saving that. lawl

EDIT: Not really an archer fan, it's just that Shinon is gr9. I use him in FE9 too, because he has wtfgrowths.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Chapter 16: had Tana with a silver lance go kill everyone at the throne. With Garcia blocking the left warriors from reaching her. Eirika and Ephraim were bolting fodder bwahaha. Trained up Myrrh as well. She's now a wrecking ball. Gave her speedwings as well to double sooner.

Chapter 17: have Riodsika go left and kill the units there. Tana and Ephraim blitz the center. Myrrh kills the heros for the brave axe with Garcia's name on it.

Chapter 18: i hate this chapter. Myrrh has like 18 uses left on her dragonstone :/ Tana is almost 20/20 and Amelia is fairly useless.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, I'm going to finish it. I just got mad and went to play other stuff for a while.
Did it. Natasha dealt the final blow with an Ivaldi crit. ;_; So proud of her.

[collapse="Final team"]

Eirika: 2 Energy Rings, 1 Angelic Robe

Ahead: Def (+1.3), Res (+2.3),
Behind: Hp (-2.3), Speed (-3)
Average: Str, Skill, Luck,

Ephraim: Energy Ring

Ahead: Def (+1.9)
Behind: Hp (-1.8), Str (-7.3) <WTF?!>, Luck (-2), Res (-2)
Average: Skill, Speed, Res

Natasha: 1 Angelic Robe

Ahead: Speed (+2.2), Luck (+1.8)
Behind: None! :D
Average: Hp, Magic, Skill, Def, Res

Colm: Swiftsoles.

Ahead: HP (+2), Skill (+3.6)
Behind: Def (-1), Res (-1.2)
Average: Str, Speed, Luck

Joshua: No Boosters (IIRC)

Ahead: Res (+1.4)
Behind: Hp (-1.4), Skill (-2.15) Speed (-2.15),
Average: Str, Luck, Def

Gerik: Dracoshield, Speedwings

Ahead: Skill (+5), Speed (+3.5), Luck (+4.5),
Behind: Hp (-1.5), Def (-3.75), Res (-2.25)
Average: Str

Knoll: Metis' Tome, Body Ring, Secret Bookx2

Ahead: Skill (+1.6), Def (+0.9)
Behind: Luck (-1.2)
Average: Hp, Magic, Speed, Res
[/collapse]

Final comments:

- First pick Natasha was my best idea. She was an utter beast for the whole game.
- I'd forgotten how much Joshua falls off in usefulness towards the end of the game. He pulled his weight, but around Chapter..... 17 I think, he became too fragile to have on the frontline due to his unreliable avoid, and spent most of his time sitting behind Natasha and Gerik, providing them with support bonuses. I really only sent him in if it was safe and I was moving up.
- Trading for Gerik was fantastic for me. He was basically untouchable by anything that wasn't a mage, and did FANTASTIC in his offensive stats.
- Despite getting 'stuck' with Knoll, he was actually really useful for me. I had to spoon-feed him kills in Chapter 15/16, but once I got him promoted, he provided fantastic utility through decoy phantoms and back-up healing, which was especially useful since I wanted Natasha to get the S-rank in Light magic.
- Eirika eventually got over her self-esteem issues and her Strength came back up to her averages by the end of the game.
- I think my Eliwood from my S-rank attempt ACTUALLY stole Ephraim's powers. Like, Space Jam style. Dude finished SEVEN points under his average. Quite possibly the worst Ephraim I've ever had.
- Colm carried me super hard early game, and remained useful until he hit his Strength cap and eventually fell off offensively. His utility was always appreciated.

Overall, I'm very happy with how my team panned out. In retrospect, I'd have drafted Gerik in Joshua's slot (and was actually seriously considering doing so at the time). I'd also probably have diversified my weapon spread a bit. Until Gerik & Natasha promoted and I got Knoll/Ephraim back, literally all my units were Sword-users. I might not have drafted Colm, and instead have gone for a cavalier or something.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Has everybody else finished their FE7 draft by now? Because I just got to Ch. 17. Haven't had time to play. D:

Hector has, of course, been solid. He actually has absurdly good Skl (11/13 gained so far o.0), but is trailing a bit in Def. That did cause me a bit of a setback in Ch.14, but it's perfectly manageable, especially since I have Lowen on my team. He does have slightly above average HP/Str too, so that's nice.

Lil' Marcus. This guy has done so much for me. I'm really salty at how needlessly trashy his Speed is (he still has base Spd after 13 levels >_______________> ), but his utility has spoken for itself, and he's actually slightly above average in everything else, so I guess that's okay. The only enemies who double him do 0 damage anyway, so it's fine for now. I just hope it picks up a little soon...

Dorcas' offense has been fantastic so far. He's the only unit I have who can double consistently, which is odd, but it's been working so far. Definitely the glass cannon to compliment Lowen/Hector's tankiness. He's still way above average in Spd despite not having gained any since Lyn's mode, and his defenses are starting to catch up, even though he's still below average in Def.

Having a healer is cool enough as it is, but Priscilla has gotten some pretty cute level-ups so far, including 2/3 points of Def. Really looking forward to seeing her grow, especially once she gets her supports going.

Wil looks pretty much the same since my last update, since he just joined. That Energy Ring I gave him in Lyn's mode so much more effective in his joining chapter. More or less average.

My team is sturdy, but it could use a bit of offense. It's a good thing I get Raven and a Mag/Spd blessed Lucius this chapter. :D

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
That (speed) right there is why I don't use Lowen.

Now that I'm done with the Sacred Stones draft, I'll be getting back to my 7 run. Bardull finished. I don't think Ryker has, not sure where he's at on that one.

D

Deleted member 189823

Just won FE7 & 8, from the same seller, two minutes of off each other. 8D
It doesn't come 100% complete with all the manuals on the case, but they do come with their respective game manuals and in good conditions. Won FE7 for $26 and FE8 for $21.50.

- First pick Natasha was my best idea. She was an utter beast for the whole game.
- I'd forgotten how much Joshua falls off in usefulness towards the end of the game. He pulled his weight, but around Chapter..... 17 I think, he became too fragile to have on the frontline due to his unreliable avoid, and spent most of his time sitting behind Natasha and Gerik, providing them with support bonuses. I really only sent him in if it was safe and I was moving up.
- Trading for Gerik was fantastic for me. He was basically untouchable by anything that wasn't a mage, and did FANTASTIC in his offensive stats.
- Despite getting 'stuck' with Knoll, he was actually really useful for me. I had to spoon-feed him kills in Chapter 15/16, but once I got him promoted, he provided fantastic utility through decoy phantoms and back-up healing, which was especially useful since I wanted Natasha to get the S-rank in Light magic.
- Eirika eventually got over her self-esteem issues and her Strength came back up to her averages by the end of the game.
- I think my Eliwood from my S-rank attempt ACTUALLY stole Ephraim's powers. Like, Space Jam style. Dude finished SEVEN points under his average. Quite possibly the worst Ephraim I've ever had.
- Colm carried me super hard early game, and remained useful until he hit his Strength cap and eventually fell off offensively. His utility was always appreciated.
-I doubt she was very beastly for the first half of the game until promotion. Until I realize that you get the guilding ring by chapter 5 lol I still like Artur > Lute > Natasha for this game.
-Surprised to hear that joshua was not more useful and natasha was though. However, I suppose natasha has speed and luck nstead of just speed.
-Getting stuck with knoll is not getting stuck unless there is some other imposed restrictions in the game. Pretty much all FE games allow characters to be exceptional given the full 20/20 spread compared to the rest of the game. But, shadow dragon has some pretty bad units no matter how you look at them or try to get them good lol

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
-I doubt she was very beastly for the first half of the game until promotion. Until I realize that you get the guilding ring by chapter 5 lol I still like Artur > Lute > Natasha for this game.
Well, you're not wrong here, I suppose. She wasn't really 'Beast Mode' until I noticed she was smashing her averages around level 12 (Chapter 10ish). However, she remained invaluable from the instant I got her until the end of the game.
-Surprised to hear that joshua was not more useful and natasha was though. However, I suppose natasha has speed and luck nstead of just speed.
That's exactly what it was. Around Ch.17 he started facing hitrates that looked like '40% chance to get hit for 19', even with his supports, so that pretty much disqualified him from frontlining. He was amazingly useful UNTIL that became a problem, to be fair.
-Getting stuck with knoll is not getting stuck unless there is some other imposed restrictions in the game. Pretty much all FE games allow characters to be exceptional given the full 20/20 spread compared to the rest of the game. But, shadow dragon has some pretty bad units no matter how you look at them or try to get them good lol
Well, I airquotes'd the 'stuck' mainly because I got him without choosing him. I also expected it to be more difficult to catch him up in his join chapter/Chapter 16. It certainly would have been impractical if I cared about turncount.

If I was to examine when people were at their best:

Eirika: P to 4ish. Deadspot until she manned up around Ch.18.
Ephraim: 5x to 19. He never really fell off until that point, when he was essentially a sissy-baby.
Colm: 3 to 17ish. Dude was by far my best unit until Josh promoted in Ch.11, and still remained one of my best until his Strength cap caught up with him and other units surpassed him in combat effectiveness.
Natasha: 5 to Endgame. Healing was a godsend, and she ascended to godhood upon promotion at level 20 (Chapter 14). Was untouchable past that point in the game, basically.
Joshua: 5 to Ch.16. See above.
Gerik: 12ish to End-game. Josh and Colm were carrying harder than he was, since they were already promoted. After he promoted in Chapter 14 at the same time as Natasha, he became functionally invincible.
Knoll: 17 to Endgame. Had him promoted by the end of Ch.16. After that, phantoms and back-up heals were just super useful the whole time.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Sol and Luna on the same unit really sucks. It's basically always Sol. It's not really ideal for offense or defense.

Astra and Luna together seems like a much better combo for offense, and in general.

Had to learn this the hard way.

Last edited:

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Sol has priority over Luna and has a completely different effect. If you wanna stack those skills, you do it with similar skills. As you mentioned, there's Luna+Astra, but there's also Luna+Ignis, Luna+Aether, and Sol+Aether.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Who else thinks that Alm or Leaf Would Freaking Great in a HD Smash??!
EDIT: No way I'm not getting that Marth Amiibo!!!!!! I might get the Toon Link one as well but We'll see

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
As far as Amiibo goes, I think I'll just get a couple. Hard to say which ones, since we don't know the full roster, yet.

I'd like to get an Ike one, if they make one. Marth is cool, but I've never used him much.

Sol has priority over Luna and has a completely different effect. If you wanna stack those skills, you do it with similar skills. As you mentioned, there's Luna+Astra, but there's also Luna+Ignis, Luna+Aether, and Sol+Aether.
Exactly!

Last edited:

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Well they said there would be one for Every Character no idea if they can do 3RD party ones though But I've cleaned up the some of the Clubs shelves so I can have a little collection of them Marth will be my first one and also UK Retailer ShopTo has the prices of them in Pounds if you would like to check it out < http://www.shopto.net/search/?platform=&newsearch=Amiibo

I have a good suspicion that Chrom will be in the game. Preferable would have been Lucina because I would very much like to see a rather swift sword fighter. Melee marth is exactly what I want to see in a character with a sword.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Wait does no one know who Alm or Leaf are? :(
EDIT : I NEED A HD VERSION OF EITHER OF THEM IN SMASH! :mad:

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
As for the Sol vs. Lifetaker question that got asked that I missed because it got edited in:

Both have their pros and cons, as you noted.

Sol activates on both phases, and can potentially out-heal Lifetaker depending on how many times you proc it. Sol does have some limitations, in that it is dependent on your damage. If you aren't dealing much damage, you're not going to heal much, of course. This is also a big problem on the 'Death's Embrace' DLC map, where most of the enemies have 1-HP due to the map gimmick, so Sol won't help you there.

Lifetaker is consistent at 50%, but it's player-phase only. Sometimes more helpful, sometimes not. Lifetaker's main advantage (IMO) is that it doesn't conflict with proc priority.

Proc Priority, if you're unaware, is the system by which FE:A decides which of your combat skills activates, if any. If you have multiple, you can only activate one per attack. The system gives priority to skills with the lowest proc chance, so it 'rolls' those first. The order is:

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance

So if you have both Lethality and Sol, and Lethality procs, then you won't get Sol. It's not really a problem to have 2 proc skills, as that typically assures you'll get at least one of them, but 3 proc skills is definitely overkill, and you need to consider proc priority when choosing which ones.

That's pretty much my main gripe with Sol. If I'm using it, that means that I'm likely to get Sol when I might have wanted Luna, and Sol + Vengeance is just counter-intuitive altogether.
Quoting for relevance.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Chapter 19: took 5 turns, had my whole team rush the boss to finish it fast. Roidsika gets +2 str lol...

Chapter 20: my emulator crashes when Myrrh gets stoned and save data is lost... what?!? Have to redo chapter 19 now

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
The FE13 draft is almost done. Only a few picks left to do. I guess some people might want to do a few trades?

I went ahead and did Premonition & Prologue. Wow, Prologue is stupid hard under these rules. If all the stinking enemies didn't get aggro'd at once... I technically had to cheat or I'd have lost. MU would have died ;__; Basically, a Kris's Confection popped up. But maybe I just suck? I think it has to do with the rules we use making +HP -Def a lot worse than I thought it would be... I thought 1 less defense for 5 more HP was a good trade-off, but maybe not... If I could take Lissa's Vulnerary, I could have just stalled out the enemies and made it through without the +2 Def boost...

Seriously though, maybe I just suck at Prologue. Someone have a few extra minutes? Mind trying to beat hard mode Prologue with just MU + Chrom and their inventory only, +HP -Def? The only thing Fred did was get a single Mage to attack him... I unequipped his lance. Lissa just paired up with him so she wouldn't die.

Last edited:
Prem. - 2
Rush forward. KO with pair-up chrome with silver sword.

Prologue - 8
Went with LTC avatar (lol) and went with +mag/-lck build.
T1P - LTC weaken with thunder. Chrome get kill on myrm.
T1E - Barbarian kills itself on LTC (lucky crit lol) and barbarian weakens on Chrome.
T2P - Avatar KO barbarian with Thunder. Pair-up chrom with avatar to take on the mage incoming.
T3 KO.
T4 Separate
T5 Heal move into position to tank two myrm. One with chrome the other with avatar.
T6 Move closer KO both Myrms with each character.
T7 Pair-up avatar + chrom and move into position to get hit by both boss and mage. Lucky KO on mage with 34% attack chance.
T8 Chrom nabs the KO on the boss.

Had to restart a few times due to too many attacks making mark. Yeah, if all attacks hit or you cannot get say a pair-up attack to OHKO some enemies, then you take too much damage to really complete the map comfortably. I can see why Fredrick is free for all to use in some other runs.

Ch 1 - 5
lol I restarted once I realized that pair-up is on one fortress > two people on two separate fortresses.
T1 - Chrome on fortress with paired up Avatar.
T2 - Switch to avatar with thunder.
T3 - Pretty much I simply sit here and watch again as 34% dual strike activates or LTC has enough strength + speed from pair-up to tank all the enemies and 1RKO back.
T4 - Attack boss with chrome
T5 - Finish chrome off. Could get a T4 if I got the dual strike to happen.

Ch 2 - 12
This sort of felt like the L run trying to do this with only Stall, LTC, and Chrome. Either way, got a KO for Stall on turn one. Got them set-up in a way to go to the mountain with LTC. Stall paired up with Chrome on a forest to tank some enemies. LTC very close to death on that mountain. Had to spend some time healing on forts after the first wave. Walled on the bridge (too many dual strikes is bad here). Got Stall the kill for the boss. Finally glad Ch3 has the preparation menu to steal the items from the others which stall wish he had an iron lance on this chapter.

Ch 3 - 7
Shuffled around some much needed items. Stall got his lance. Running low on thunder uses (+ fire usage) :D Threw in the vulnerary. Apparently, Kellam counts as not being a target to the enemies in this map and therefore can be ingored. Got through the four enemies on the left. Up through the gate, then finished another 3 enemies near the boss before KOing her on the next turn with LTC/Chrome. Chrome is still at base +6 skill lol I hope that picks up soon. Otherwise, training stall is a pain. So squishy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom