• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I got to 29 on my other run, so I guess I must not have had THAT much trouble with it.

I swear, my Eliwood is cursed.

On my 17x run, he's at level 5 and still has base strength and speed.

On these Chapter 12 attempts he got HP, and then HP, Skill, Res.

He just CANNOT seem to ever get Strength or Speed for me.

Edit: I have no words. He got a level where he finally got strength, and then got crit by a Pegasus knight while standing on a fort. I don't..... *sigh*

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I got to 29 on my other run, so I guess I must not have had THAT much trouble with it.

I swear, my Eliwood is cursed.

On my 17x run, he's at level 5 and still has base strength and speed.

On these Chapter 12 attempts he got HP, and then HP, Skill, Res.

He just CANNOT seem to ever get Strength or Speed for me.

Edit: I have no words. He got a level where he finally got strength, and then got crit by a Pegasus knight while standing on a fort. I don't..... *sigh*
Dude, you need to get better at rolling dice.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Funny you should say that...

Parallel Universe Run (Where we hopefully get an Eliwood who doesn't suck)

Ch.11:
8 turn clear. Gem, Pick, 2 levels for Hector, 1 for Matt.

Turn Count: 8 (+8)

Ch.12: 7 turn clear. (-1) Eliwood finally got a good level. (Hp, Strength, Def, Res, Luck)

Turn Count: 15 (+7)

Ch. 13:
10 turn clear. (-2) Eliwood is finally rewarding my dedication and has gotten Strength, Defense and Luck on his first two levels. Guy got a near-perfect level (all but strength) and Lowen/Rebecca both got some decent ones. Hector and Matt are turning out slightly less ridiculous, but the tradeoff is worth it. Bought a couple Hand Axes, Javelins, Iron Swords, and Heals using the Silver Card.

Turn Count: 25 (+5)

So things are actually going better for him this time!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've gotten pretty good at memorizing RNG lol but the issue is remembering for all 3 sets of RNG or resetting for 1 set of RNG always (game randomly picks which RNG set every reset)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I've gotten pretty good at memorizing RNG lol but the issue is remembering for all 3 sets of RNG or resetting for 1 set of RNG always (game randomly picks which RNG set every reset)
???

On my cartridge, once I have my seed for the start of the chapter, it's the same every time. Something in that quote is not correct.

Example: eliwood and Rebecca are both on the fringe of levelling, so my ch. 14 attempts go:

Waste 1 RN. Rebecca attacks, gets Str, Spd. Waste 7 RNs. Eliwood attacks, gets Hp, Str, Luck, Def.

And that will happen every single time.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Hmmm from my experience of resetting a lot, enemies have 3 different sets of stats and each set would give me different level ups each time..

Like look at the enemy base stats when you first start a chapter then reset and look at them again.. if they are different then you got a different set. Least that is what I noticed from 20-30 resets for 1 chapter. Guess I'll relook into this later today and get some pics of what I'm saying if i can recreate it

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hmmm from my experience of resetting a lot, enemies have 3 different sets of stats and each set would give me different level ups each time..

Like look at the enemy base stats when you first start a chapter then reset and look at them again.. if they are different then you got a different set. Least that is what I noticed from 20-30 resets for 1 chapter. Guess I'll relook into this later today and get some pics of what I'm saying if i can recreate it
What you're saying with respect to the stats is true, but your RNs in combat do not change.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
While lolz were had, that image is kinda pushing it on what's acceptable in reference to sexual stuff on the forum.

I would err on the side of caution and ask you to remove it, if you don't mind.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sounds like what you guys are talking about with respect to RNs is that the minute changes in enemy stats are having enough of an impact on a run that the RNs diverge after a while, resulting in different level ups. Perhaps an enemy will lose 1 Lck after a reset, and the RN for your first attack against him happens to be in the right spot so that you get a crit where you wouldn't have before, ending the battle sooner and consuming fewer RNs. Or maybe a stat change would result in either a miss or a hit depending on the enemy variance, or it could mean the difference between, say, a 2HKO and a 3HKO.

Really, if you think about the pass/fail nature of level-up growths and how wildly growth rates can vary between stats, it makes sense that even a single shift of RNs to be used one occurrence earlier can give you a level-up that looks completely different from the one you got on the last, "identical" run.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ch. 13x: Didn't kill Puzon this time, but killed everyone else.

Turn Count: 32 (+5)

Ch. 14: Pretty much as easy as last time, but better Lowen/Eliwood/Bartre allowed me to cut corners, save Vulneraries and achieve a 7-turn clear. (-3)

Turn Count: 39 (+2)

Ch. 15: More or less the same as last time, except instead of Guy, it's Eliwood. HE HAS BECOME A BEAST UNLEASHED. Erk still bodied Sealen, still got both chests.

Turn Count: 46 (+9)

Eliwood's Stats:

Level: 8
HP: 25 (+1.4)
Str: 12!!! (+3.85)
Skl: 8 (-0.5)
Speed: 8 (-1.8)
Luck: 13!! (+2.85)
Def: 9 (+1.9)
Res: 5! (+2.55)

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I think?.... lol these mods....(no offense) but thank you, i'll try that.

One day I shall be one and take the burden off you east coaster mods. or not since i'm not qualified enough.

Ok I did it, can you guys see my user name down there? If so then it must be something else....

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Well, it used to be done differently before the upgrades, that's the only reason I say "I think".

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
That's what I expected from FE6 HM, chapter 7 has finally forced me to reset.

I may not care about my turn count, but I always recruit everyone. I think I may be here for a while.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So if it wasn't already obvious, I abandoned the run where my Eliwood is total garbage.

Ch. 16: 10 turn clear. (+3) Erk got a good level, grabbed a few good ones for most characters. Matt got two consecutive strength. Eliwood continuing to beast things.

Turn Count: 56 (+12)

Ch. 17: Once again, 11 turn clear. (-7) Great levels for Florina, Kentx2, Guyx2, Serra, Pris. Again, only had to leave the Silver Sword/Pick as I can't get the Hero Crest AND get Matthew up to that thief without wasting many turns.

Turn Count: 67 (+5)

Ch. 17x: 8-turn clear. (-2) Florina ferried Hector up to the corner to grab items and sneak down the side. Raven grabbed 2 levels clearing the northern hallway. Oswin gained some beastly levels down south, including a Damian kill. Lucius, Canas, and Pris each gained one or two sniping pirates and tossing out heals. Onward to the pirate ship!

Turn Count: 75 (+3)

Ch. 18: That was a nightmare. Once I got past turn 2, it became a lot more manageable, but until I got Sain/Oswin in position, those Mercenaries were complete assholes. Fielded: Hector, Oswin, Sain, Lucius, Pris, Serra, Matthew, Florina. Stole the Whip & the Ring. Hector got several great levels, as did Matt. Lucius and Pris each got some decent ones, Sain's were not so great, he's becoming rather underwhelming on the offensive front.

Turn Count: 86 (+3)

Top Bottom