• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

カワシさん

The whole apparently kissing thing in the My Castle feature is adorable but weird though at the same time.. Wait a minute here..

They got that from LovePlus..

I don't care what anyone says, I'm a huge fan of the Ephraim!Eirika pairing.
Twincest...more like wincest :p
Same here bud, y h8 m8s?

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Someone from Serenes Forest Translated the class videos.

I'll spoiler them since some are story based promotions:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So the game is out in Hong Kong now. Apparently there are people streaming the game.

Not sure what the "policy" here is on info from these streams, but this SF thread has a bunch of info relating to the game for those interested. Beware of spoilers.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's going to be a painful wait until 2016. Going to avoid watching streams in the mean time.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm doing the exact opposite and spoiling it all.

2016 is too far away.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Iwata Asks for Fates is up.

Here's an interesting excerpt from the article. Sounds like he put more thought into the story. Let's hope this leads to something good.
Kibayashi
That's right. So I looked into the work I had planned, and the schedule was really crazy, but there were a few things I could push back. And they told me that I only needed to write 10 pages for each of the three storylines.

Maeda
Right. Since he's so busy, I thought we could just ask him to write about ten pages for a plot summary.

Kibayashi
So I thought, "Well, I could do that." Then I started writing the story about the Hoshido family. I ended up using 10 pages on just the beginning. I ended up writing about 500 pages.

D

Deleted member 269706

I don't mean to be THAT guy and ignore all of the important info, but have you guys seen this yet? This game gonna be lewd! Really hoping they don't censor it too much here in NA. Well, if you do decide to open up the tag, be ready. (No need to worry, there's no story spoilers).
If embedded doesn't work: https://gfycat.com/PerfectShoddyDegus
If this goes against any forum rules, I'm sorry. Please take it down at once.
I feel like this alone will pull people to Nohr, or push them to Hoshido.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I don't mean to be THAT guy and ignore all of the important info, but have you guys seen this yet? This game gonna be lewd! Really hoping they don't censor it too much here in NA. Well, if you do decide to open up the tag, be ready. (No need to worry, there's no story spoilers).
Not to mention some of the convos I'm hearing from S Rank/petting. Game really is lewd lol

D

Deleted member 269706

Not to mention some of the convos I'm hearing from S Rank/petting. Game really is lewd lol
Is it a bad thing that I'm even more excited because of that? :p lol It's actually pretty great to see Nintendo not being as "kid friendly" as before, at least in these lesser known franchises. I just hope to God they don't censor it here in the states, otherwise I'm gonna be pretty upset. I'm sure we'll get some censorship, but hoping it's not over the top. Also wanted to thank you personally for posting that Iwata Asks link, really nice little read!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Better version. (NSFW?)

I am still going away from Nohr because Nohr's lack of the ultimate unit (Pegasus Knights) early on it seems. At least historically PKs are most OP. Dragon Knights got their claim to fame in PoR and RD with avoiding arrows.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I am still going away from Nohr because Nohr's lack of the ultimate unit (Pegasus Knights) early on it seems. At least historically PKs are most OP. Dragon Knights got their claim to fame in PoR and RD with avoiding arrows.
There's also Milady in FE6. Helps that none of the GBA Pegs are terribly great(though they're not as bad as some would have you believe).

Flying breaks the game lol Even at the weakest they are useful general things no other unit can do. Wyvern can do the same thing, but often times you did not get them until later compared to PKs. Plus, PKs are still naturally better at avoiding combat due to speed since evasion is so good in these games over defence. Until FE9/10/11 where Wyverns got really good. Then, FE12 came back and Palla, Katra, Est, and Sheeda became most OP again.

Plus, flying lets you do crazy stuff. CANAS DROP!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owQxnU_UWCY
@2:47

Not that impressive, but humorous.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Camilia in a swimsuit. Not safe for prudes I guess (and I suppose work) lol

From the sounds of it, another DLC episode like in Awakening. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some censorship on some of the CG for America like we did in Awakening.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Can't wait to see more of her in 3D

Heh, I'm starting to see why certain the self proclaimed "long-time, hardcore, overtly loyal, etc." fans are getting pissed off about this game. I mean it's supposed to be about war, and here we have fan service out the ass (and OF some ass). The game is practically more known BECAUSE OF CAMILLA than it's known for being a tactical RPG game. I personally am not mad about it, but it really is starting to take a different direction than what the series used to be. Oh well, I don't think it makes the games any worse, though feel free to disagree with me. If anything, it's not a bad marketing strategy, and it is getting people to talk about the game. But dear God I hope they have an 18+ or 13+ switch in the game (or something) here in NA so we don't get screwed over like we did in Awakening.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Edit: -emotional outcry that I shouldn't have even said-

*see below posts to see how silly I was*

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Camilia in a swimsuit. Not safe for prudes I guess (and I suppose work) lol

From the sounds of it, another DLC episode like in Awakening. I wouldn't be surprised if we got some censorship on some of the CG for America like we did in Awakening.
mmmmm that booty... I'm definitely going Nohr now

Can't wait to see more of her in 3D

Heh, I'm starting to see why certain the self proclaimed "long-time, hardcore, overtly loyal, etc." fans are getting pissed off about this game. I mean it's supposed to be about war, and here we have fan service out the *** (and OF some ***). The game is practically more known BECAUSE OF CAMILLA than it's known for being a tactical RPG game. I personally am not mad about it, but it really is starting to take a different direction than what the series used to be. Oh well, I don't think it makes the games any worse, though feel free to disagree with me. If anything, it's not a bad marketing strategy, and it is getting people to talk about the game. But dear God I hope they have an 18+ or 13+ switch in the game (or something) here in NA so we don't get screwed over like we did in Awakening.
Believe me when I say this is my last fire emblem game. I disagree with the direction fire emblem is going. Its making them money, good for them, but the series I enjoy has become just a waifu/husbando simulator. Its now just a very elaborate visual novel.
I see no reason to quit the series. Fire Emblem has always been known for doing what you want to do in the game. You can very well avoid the DLC stuff and to my knowledge other features of the game.

The only qualm is when they invade the core gameplay. Having only rout and defeat commander missions in Awakening with few true secondary objectives was bothersome.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I don't see any reason to worry. Supports may continue to be more romantic now while the rest is fun extra stuff for the new fanbase it's gathering. Deep down it's still Fire Emblem at heart. Like Xeylode said, mission objectives bothered me most about Awakening while the new FE is fixing that issue. Unless the game goes full weird like Valkyria Chronicles 2 where it becomes an anime school simulator, I'm still ok with this current FE direction.

D

Deleted member 269706

Believe me when I say this is my last fire emblem game. I disagree with the direction fire emblem is going. Its making them money, good for them, but the series I enjoy has become just a waifu/husbando simulator. Its now just a very elaborate visual novel.
You can be sure of that now before you have even played it? I mean, you have the right to make that decision, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily the right choice...Perhaps for the veterans like you, it's time to say goodbye to what you used to know as Fire Emblem, and act as if these titles are entirely new games. No judgement, no hopes, a completely new experience.

See, I kind of like the direction these games are taking. For one thing, it's awesome to get to know the characters that you're fighting alongside. In the past games, it felt like anyone who wasn't a Lord (or very close to the Lords) was basically irrelevant; they hardley even mattered once you got them in your army, and the only way to learn about the majority of them was through supports. Now these supports are so well done and thought out that you actually learn about the characters as if they are real. So many relationships and way fewer restrictions on it was nothing but a step in the right direction.

Of course, the end result of most of the support conversations being marriage is a bit over the top, probably unnecessary, and very odd during a time of war. I personally don't think that it retracts from the gameplay (especially because you can skip the dialogue :/ ... ) but there are so many people out there who claims that it does. At the end of the day, the main game is still based around tactical RPG elements, clearing objectives, and probably saving the world from dragons in some form or fashion...

I guess if you do decide to go, I hope you find something else to clear the void left in your heart by what you once knew as Fire Emblem...but until that day comes, I ask that you give this game one last chance without any hopes, and just accept it for what it is.

See, I kind of like the direction these games are taking. For one thing, it's awesome to get to know the characters that you're fighting alongside. In the past games, it felt like anyone who wasn't a Lord (or very close to the Lords) was basically irrelevant; they hardley even mattered once you got them in your army, and the only way to learn about the majority of them was through supports. Now these supports are so well done and thought out that you actually learn about the characters as if they are real. So many relationships and way fewer restrictions on it was nothing but a step in the right direction.

Of course, the end result of most of the support conversations being marriage is a bit over the top, probably unnecessary, and very odd during a time of war. I personally don't think that it retracts from the gameplay (especially because you can skip the dialogue :/ ... ) but there are so many people out there who claims that it does. At the end of the day, the main game is still based around tactical RPG elements, clearing objectives, and probably saving the world from dragons in some form or fashion...
I have been a bit of an evil dastard when it came to units lol I really only cared about their performance value for the most part. However, that sort of happened when you play FE7 some 15 times as kid and the rest of the series as efficiently and quickly as you can.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. So many units that do nothing except give you free silvers. Hence, free silvers. Apparently, same sex marriage is a thing in this game now?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

I have been a bit of an evil dastard when it came to units lol I really only cared about their performance value for the most part. However, that sort of happened when you play FE7 some 15 times as kid and the rest of the series as efficiently and quickly as you can.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. So many units that do nothing except give you free silvers. Hence, free silvers. Apparently, same sex marriage is a thing in this game now?
Haha I only played as the units that I really appreciated as characters, so I never wanted any of them to die. Been playing that way since I started playing haha. TBH I've yet to start a no-reset run but I plan to do it soon. I guess I did let a lot of units die in Shadow Dragon to get to those hidden chapters.

And yeah, I was a bit surprised. Probably don't need to put this in spoilers, but...
To my understanding, there is only one guy who can marry the avatar (if the avi is a male), and you can only marry him on the Nohr path or the 3rd DLC path. There is also only one female who can marry the avatar (if it's a female) and she can only marry on the Hoshido path, or on the 3rd DLC path. Other same sex supports within the game are able to reach an A+ rank, but only the above scenarios can result in an S rank for same sex supports. Standard Male!Female supports still result in S support ranks.

And since you're probably wondering who the potentially gay characters are...the male character is Zero, and the female character is Shara, though both are still capable of heterosexual S rank supports as well.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Rather than having their own kids, you get the option to adopt, IIRC.

It's hinted in the S-rank conversation that Shara is reincarnation of Tharja, with Kamui being the reincarnation of Robin.

Top Bottom