• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Basic Unit Mini Mafia: Game Over

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also it is incredibly, incredibly naive to claim that all liars are scum. That is far from the truth--townies have all sorts of reasons to lie, fakeclaim, and spread misinformation to their benefit.

:186:

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm in the process of re-reading, going to make my post with updates, but to actually answer the question: Laundry claimed my post was after his, when it was actually before his. Either he was confused or lying, and if he's lying he's scum, but I find it hard to believe he didn't realize that such a lie would be pointed out, and I'd assume Laundry would be smarter then to do something that's so dumb as scum. So I'm more inclined to think he was confused.
He literally never said that.

He said your reads flipped fast if you liked his anti-Gheb post, which is true. We can move on now.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'm faulting you for pretending to not know better.

:059:
This is an admission of defeat. It has to be. I ****post a bunch and come up with all sorts of opinions about Kursed's lack of approach and Gheb's horrible ****ing push and he comes in the thread and promptly ignores all of it. If he truly suspected me, that was all fuel on the fire. If Kursed is just a newbie and his play is just "textbook newbie play" like he claims it is, my entire Kursed stance is ****ed and I've given Gheb plenty of things to argue about and to push against me.

But then he just ****ing ignores all of that in favor of going back to this initial kneejerk reaction. It doesn't make sense to me why he'd hone on that as town. I've given him so much more fuel to push his case but he seems content in proving my guilt because I'm pretending not to know better that Kursed's play is "textbook newbie play". I admitted that I considered multiple angles for his initial post but went with it anyway to pressure a questionable stance. It's a low-hanging fruit but such a bad stance was a wonderful place to start the game off and could easily shift out of LyLo and Maven/Bardull/Dietz ****posting about stupid things.

I've given him multiple places to analyze where I'm wrong and to come up with a feasible a lynch. He hones in on my first post in the game and ignores the rest. Gheb's got nothing and his constant shift in argument as to why I'm scum also proves that point, yet he still clings to a bad push for reasons I don't really know. He made a power play while I was gone off of nothing and almost got it but it was ****.

Maven89

Smash Master
Woops, ebwop

if this is you recanting your towngheb read then it comes after the initial post I made. Your reads were garbage in the post I quoted and I am skeptical of how much you flip between reads.

Was I not supposed to take this to mean you were referring to my post that you had quoted? If not then why did you quote it?

Haven't finished re-reading

Maven89

Smash Master
When I said "comes after the post I made", I meant "quoted".

I honestly don't comprehend what that's supposed to mean or why you would quote my post if you were not referring to it in your own post. I'm willing to just ignore this since Jdietz seems to understand what you meant, but I took your post to mean "if the post I quoted is you recanting your towngheb read then it came after my posts". A lie doesn't make a person scum but claiming someone flip flipped based on a lie is. Since I'm apparently the only one who read your post that way I'm willing to believe the problem is on my end.

Follow-up: on top of all of this, why is your vote still on vi yl?

, I'm keeping my vote on Vinyl as a placeholder cause personally I'd rather my vote be on someone then not
Re-reads are done. Things have changed.

Bardull struck me poorly because of the joking way he played, it reminded me of Alakaslam in pyp, though I was not giving Bardull a fair shake and started skimming his posts. He was not joking around nearly as much as I thought he was, actually barely at all, and was giving good information that I was ignoring based on first impression. Moving him up to likely town/town if Gheb is scum.

@ Vinylic. Vinylic. went V/LA again, and @Dragonhunter970 hasn't posted in what, 3-4 days? I'd rather replace dragonhutner then lynch him. Vinyl promised to post more, and despite posting on the rest of the site hasn't been responding here.

Gheb's push on Laundry never made sense to me and his refusal to explain, adapt, or even defend his push is gross.

Unvote
Vote: Gheb

Laundry town

Rosalina/Kursed are two I'm keeping an eye on, more so Rosalina.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I came back from work. I didn't get any notifications on this thread until you tagged me, so I give you my thanks. I got a lot to look back at, so it'll take some time.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Prod @Dragonhunter970 hasn't posted since Saturday @ 12 PM. So due to the current circumstances of lack of activity. I'm considering replacing him. If he doesn't post within the next 12 hours he'll be replaced by Gorf.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
His activity ain't stellar. I'd just replace him immediately but I don't think Gorf's in a playing mood at the moment.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Okay, so instead of just being on the fence not doing any hunting, he's now on the fence with his ass superglued to one of the spokes. Got it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'mma step away from the game persona a bit and put on my IC hat for a moment:

There is a massive, massive difference between forum mafia and Town of Salem. I know that you've apparently played on some other site but I have no idea (and no faith) of the caliber of any other site besides here and MafiaScum. In forum mafia, the amount of time you get per phase is many thousands of times larger than that of Town of Salem, and DGames is notorious for drawing its phases out to the maximum as well (in case your other site likes to play with 2-4 day D/N phases). You can't get by doing what you're doing here, regardless of your alignment, because you have the capability alone to look back, let alone a lot of time in order to do that. Reads are everything here, not gut instinct, and whatever playbook that you picked up from ToS needed to be checked at the door when you signed up because the way you play in a game like that is vastly different than you would play in a forum mafia setting.

So, let me reiterate: reads are absolutely critical. Your opinions, your stances, your inferences on other players and the way they're interacting with players around them, all of that is absolutely critical into figuring out who is scum. Regardless of whether or not you're town or scum, this is a good skill to have and you won't get through a game not doing this. You don't have to make any groundbreaking observations, just prove that you are reading and put an opinion on a slot out there, one you create without reading the post of another.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Deadlines coming up, should I hammer?

Reads:
Gheb: mafia read, my thoughts were running along pretty much the identical lines as Maven
Dragonhunter: inactive, null
Vinyl: inactive, null
Kursed: I get the feeling he's mafia. I don't have anything particularly to use as evidence, but that's how I'm interpreting his actions. It's not quite gut, but I can't put my finger on what I find particularly suspicious about his behaviour.
Those are my particularly significant reads which I wish to reveal atm.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Taking a quick carving break for the moment to catch up in this game.

quote="RosalinaSGS, post: 18728490, member: 273100"]+1

Laundry's recent posts make me feel much better about him. I don't think lynching him today is a particularly good idea. However, I think we should still lynch someone, and therefore propose a lynch of Dragonkiller, if no-one agrees with my other plan of lynching for information. At this point, however, I've rather given up on it, as I no longer have a logical lynch if we do follow that plan.

Reads: leaning Gheb very very slightly mafia.
Bardeel: slight mafia lean due to his illogical read of Laundry based off of absolutely nothing.
Can someone tell me if Rosa's posts are always like this? Very weak prodding reads and bad lynch choices?

:186:[/quote]

Umm, JDietz wants me to answer this but I really not sure how to. From my own observations, I'm like this at the beginning of games, especially D1 without much information to go off of. D1's also the period in which I'm most influenced by pretty much what anyone says. I don't have much to go off of, and no, or very little, real evidence to use. But later on, as more content is generated, I think my reads will become more solid.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
As for bad lynch choices, that was going off the logic we were going to lynch an inactive, as that had been the plan if you hadn't posted. Logically, then Dragonhunter would be the next lynch after you did post. Notice I actually did propose an alternate strategy, except it was shut down by Gheb.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I kinda went into that already. Why do you think he jusped onto Kursed asap?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I mean I can actually see where you're coming from. It's obvious that there's a couple of parasites on my wagon so you'd get a lot to work with from my flip. Keep in mind though that the only ones you can work constructively with on that matter toMorrow are probably going to be Dietz and Maven. Since both are on the wagon there's a realistic chance that one of them [or even both] is scum ... so good luck with your 'plan'.

But at least you kind of gave a glimpse at how little faith you actually have in me flipping scum. Otherwise you wouldn't need to play the 'information' card that I've already pointed out to be a popular trick that scum likes to pull when they're running out of arguments. You should worry more about your credibility after my flip than about who's the scumbags that are voting me - a lot of people will think it's you after all.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't have much to worry about on that front. I think you're scum but I'd be a fool not to believe that I could be wrong, especially at this stage of the game. Your push was trash and you seemed to have other prerogatives than actually communicating with me and playing the game, so I assumed you were scum or stubborn town with some oddball vendetta against me. The former is obviously against my wincon, the latter serves as a detriment to town as a whole, so I'm not gonna lose sleep over your lynch. Your responses indicate you're the latter but you've done this sort of routine in the past, so I'll just wait for your flip.

On the long and short of it, I am suspicious of the way Dietz flipped between myself, Bardull, and you. I think out of every slot on the wagon, his vote was the oddest. Rosie is deliciously null but I have little idea of how to crack that null as a lot of it seems to be built up persona and general quirks (help me Bardull, you're my only hope). Maven may also be scum but I think if he were, he would've pursued his suspicions of me lying harder as that could be a moment of weakness with which to lynch a stronger player than he. Vinyl can die, but Vinyl can always die. He's actually doing a bit more than I remember him doing in previous games (particularly Tranq) but his primary motivation is still, and always has been, the people voting him.

As for Kursed, his lack of scumhunting initiative is generally alarming but the way he digs his heels in on the subject does reek of general noobiness rather than actual scum.

Doc on myself tonight, no questions asked.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
So long as Bardull and I make it through the night, I can probably crack through this game upon getting one more townread.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see where the "personal vendetta" remark is coming from. You've jumped on the least experienced player in the game for giving us the nullest newbie tell ever, then dipped, then ditched out a massive wall of omgus against me but didn't even acknowledge my point. It's not hard to see why somebody would find that scummy - I still do. I guess that's the key difference between us two: I actually do think you're scummy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hmmmm, you're right about Dietz though. Him showing up out of nowhere and just planting his vote there for pretty shallow reasons is opportunistic and should not be just glossed over.

Vote Dietz

In case it has any chance of happening.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I don't see where the "personal vendetta" remark is coming from. You've jumped on the least experienced player in the game for giving us the nullest newbie tell ever, then dipped, then ditched out a massive wall of omgus against me but didn't even acknowledge my point. It's not hard to see why somebody would find that scummy - I still do. I guess that's the key difference between us two: I actually do think you're scummy.

Your view of my play is incredibly jaded. That's all I'm gonna leave it as.

Also I hammered you so the phase is already over.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also I tried having a conversation with you. It didn't work. You ignored everything I said about you, focused on the weakest point you could've brought when I said much more you could've talked about, and then called me scum after you were lynched for not addressing your point somehow, even though I answered your questions.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
@#HBC | Gorf will replace DragonHunter970. Please confirm that you are still willing to replace in.

Vote Count

1. RosalinaSGS (0) -
2. Kursed (0) -
3. Maven89 (0) -
4. Gorf (0) -
5. Laundry (2) - Kursed, Gheb
6. Bardeezy (1) - Vinyl
7. Vinyl (1) - Bardull
8. Gheb (5) - Laundry, DragonHunter, JDietz, RosalinaSGS, Maven
9. JDietz43 (0) -

A majority lynch has been reached. @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ was lynched

Flip will be posted shortly.