• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Basic Unit Mini Mafia: Game Over

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
look at me actually replacing into a game :)

solely based on no reading whatsoever, thanks town for lynching while a replacement is (assumedly) bound to be made. idve liked a say :rage:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
>gets out of class
>sits down at comp, is ready to finally jump back into the game
>sees gheb has been lynched on d1
>:awesome:

but yeah there's some odd shiz going down. i'm a little confused at the catering of momentum going on by some of the slots that ended up voting for gheb, predominantly jd/maven/rosalina, cause they were initially down for bodying laundry until laundry came back, and when he did, the aforementioned slots did a 180 and bodied gheb instead according to the vote count. granted i'm stuck in the past and haven't read past page 5, and we don't have gheb's flip yet, so yea.
gorf your slot did have a say; dragonhunter voted for gheb :seuss:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
>gets out of class

but yeah there's some odd shiz going down. i'm a little confused at the catering of momentum going on by some of the slots that ended up voting for gheb, predominantly jd/maven/rosalina, cause they were initially down for bodying laundry until laundry came back, and when he did, the aforementioned slots did a 180 and bodied gheb instead according to the vote count. granted i'm stuck in the past and haven't read past page 5, and we don't have gheb's flip yet, so yea.
90% of page 6/7 are the same as page 5: me ******** to everyone who posts. I really need a different playstyle.

inb4 "Gheb_01, Zen, #HBC | Ryker, Gova, Raziek, and Red Ryu have liked this post"

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
>gets out of class

Mathematically, one of those has to be town. To that degree, it does show how poorly Gheb's push on me held together, so I can't buy that all of them were scum.

For example, Rosa's advocacy for my lynch was for the sake of getting a lynch and information on the table. That's been that slot's MO this whole game, as my return caused him to propose that DragonHunter be lynched in my place. As for why he voted Gheb, I'd have to go and look, but I don't think his flip onto Gheb was that scummy--he never seemed to be that convinced on my wagon as it was.

I don't even think Maven was that down for bodying me either, he just simply townread Gheb. I think he was trying to body Vinyl until I came back and any suspicions of me came from a misunderstanding. Hell, he was starting to question Gheb before I even returned. I think my appearance simply fueled his suspicions.

The only one I truly find suspicious for the same action is Dietz. I think if Maven and Rosa are scummy, it is for entirely different reasons than the fact they flipped on me.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
And here comes the flip....

======================​
"Ah, I see you finally decided who you think is the Assassin! Let's prep him for execution."

"It isn't me, I swear it!"

"Oh hush hush, we'll find out you're true colors soon enough!"

"No, I'm innoce-"

Gheb_01 Vanilla Townie Cavalier was lynched!

*Suspenseful Music*

======================​

Night 1 Begins. Send in your Night Actions in the next 48 hours!
Day 2 will start on March 12th 5:00 PM EST.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Woops didn't notice it's night, sorry

EDITED.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Oh should've stated no talking during the Night phase. I'll let it slide since I didn't mention it in the flip tho. Just don't continue doing it.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
OK, so I won't be available for the original deadline for Day 2 I had in mind, so I'm going to start the day a couple hours early rather than late.

===================================
"The fog is about to clear. Do a headcount of our army."

"Yes sir"

*A while later*

"We found a body! Seems like he got killed by an assassin, even with one of our own weapons."

"Who is it?!"

Gorf Vanilla Townie Fighter was killed in the fog!

*sad music plays*

Day 2 Begins!
Vote Count

1. RosalinaSGS (0) -
2. Kursed (0) -
3. Maven89 (0) -
5. Laundry (0) -
6. Bardeezy (0) -
7. Vinyl (0) -
9. JDietz43 (0) -

Deadline is on March 19th @ 5:00 EST

You probably want to become Comrades if you want to do good in this game.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
>replaces into game for like first time ever
>roll town
>get excited
>meant to read last night but accidentally opted for 10 hour nap
>"ill read the game some other time"
>get nk'd

welp

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I

What?

Who shoots GORF?

Which one of you does Gorf read like the Berenstein Bears because that shot makes absolutely no ****ing sense otherwise.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
i reread the thread but I'm not really getting the gorf kill. maybe it was a gutshot or somethin', or maybe they felt gorf could redeem his slot which wasn't looking so hot after gheb got greased on

on the bright side of things i'm looking forward to poking around a bit toDay after i double check a couple things. first and foremost was the flip flopping that happened on d1 though

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I don't have much to worry about on that front. I think you're scum but I'd be a fool not to believe that I could be wrong, especially at this stage of the game. Your push was trash and you seemed to have other prerogatives than actually communicating with me and playing the game, so I assumed you were scum or stubborn town with some oddball vendetta against me. The former is obviously against my wincon, the latter serves as a detriment to town as a whole, so I'm not gonna lose sleep over your lynch. Your responses indicate you're the latter but you've done this sort of routine in the past, so I'll just wait for your flip.

On the long and short of it, I am suspicious of the way Dietz flipped between myself, Bardull, and you. I think out of every slot on the wagon, his vote was the oddest. Rosie is deliciously null but I have little idea of how to crack that null as a lot of it seems to be built up persona and general quirks (help me Bardull, you're my only hope). Maven may also be scum but I think if he were, he would've pursued his suspicions of me lying harder as that could be a moment of weakness with which to lynch a stronger player than he. Vinyl can die, but Vinyl can always die. He's actually doing a bit more than I remember him doing in previous games (particularly Tranq) but his primary motivation is still, and always has been, the people voting him.

As for Kursed, his lack of scumhunting initiative is generally alarming but the way he digs his heels in on the subject does reek of general noobiness rather than actual scum.

Doc on myself tonight, no questions asked.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by 'deliciously null' and what do you mean by built up persona and general quirks?

And why are you asking Bardull for such advice?

As for Gorf's shot, I'm pretty sure it was a joke.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by 'deliciously null' and what do you mean by built up persona and general quirks?

And why are you asking Bardull for such advice?

As for Gorf's shot, I'm pretty sure it was a joke.
lmao, i'll be honest, if that was a joke then it was hilarious. but i doubt we're going to progress much further at this rate with this train of thought.

rosalina, do you have any prime candidates to be lynched going into toDay? was scum on gheb's lynch?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
lmao, i'll be honest, if that was a joke then it was hilarious. but i doubt we're going to progress much further at this rate with this train of thought.

rosalina, do you have any prime candidates to be lynched going into toDay? was scum on gheb's lynch?
I don't really have much. I don't believe Gheb's lynch actually tells us as much as I thought it would. The only read I have right now is a gut mafia read on JDietz. Perhaps this is due to past experience, perhaps I'm just getting something in his posts, I'm not sure, but that's all I have unfortunately.

I do have to reread however. Forgot about most of what happened due to my other ongoing game. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have the time next week, due to assignments, but I will probably remembered most things soon.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I wish to reiterate that my read of JDietz is purely gut. I have virtually nothing to back it up.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
my problem with rosalina is i feel like he (or she) is catering to momentum like at all times and doesn't have his/her own personal opinion.

i.e. gheb takes thread control and tries to force an ultimatum, then rosalina jumps on board and starts gunning for laundry
or
ex: laundry fires back and starts gunning for gheb, then rosalina flops on to gheb

and then now rosalina is looking at jdeezy after laundry started looking at jdeezy

coincidence? the scum intent would be to just try to blend in with the popular push.

kursed is dead weight and needs to give some input on who he thinks is scum, dude has literally been sitting on his hands all game even after i tried helping him out :mad:

jdeezy is...yeah i hate his switch from gheb to laundry, like it should have been painfully obvious from the start that gheb was playing like a cheesehead

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Rosalina's reads are all garbage and he refuses to stick his neck out whatsoever.

Nothing redeems kursed's play.

Dietz has way less presence than I'd expect and he seems content, way too content, in the laundry vs gheb narrativenarrative

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Dietz's pattern over the course of the game:

[collapse=Voting Pattern assessment]
@ #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry

Vote: Laundry

The mod tag fail was a sign.
RVS vote

Vote: Vinyl

I just won a game as scum off of low activity, time to get turn't up or turn't out.
Potential RVS vote+Irony Factor

Wtf no it's not, it's standard RVS procedure. I know for a fact you know better to make a big deal of that.

Vote: Laundry

No intentionally confusing the newbs.
First serious vote.

Technically: you're right we're not. But you're not even playing out your own half of it.

Remember when you were town last game and addressed bad posts made towards you? You're not doing that here.

Vote: Gheb
Second serious vote. Moves completely over.[/collapse]

So now that we have his entire voting pattern isolated here, let's look at his reasoning.

He first comes at me saying that I shouldn't be "confusing the newbs" by calling out Rosalina with that vote. Okay, fair nuff, that's what he supposedly thinks; however, here's his reaction to Bardull trying to defend me by explaining my point of view:

Why are you trying to rationalize WL's posts for him?
So it's clear he's trying to stick to that wagon. But yet, as soon as I return and go as far as to write what Bardull is saying as well as point blank admit Bardull had it right, this is his response:

Eyy you made me worry.
Lets me off the noose so easily. I wasn't out of the water yet but he just lets it go. You'd think that if I was a suspect, he'd question it a lot, especially when I was flat-out saying what another player was. I feel like he'd be pushing a little harder if he truly suspected me but he let me go so simply and so flatly despite parroting and +1ing another player. That's really odd to me.

Also:
(I'll answer that one fore you after Rosa answers for his/herself)
Still waiting boo.

vote: Dietz

Come bus your partner pls.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Also at this point, until Kursed actually does something, I've written him off as salty newbtown and will address him in postgame.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: Like, the biggest thing I don't understand isn't just the easy flip. It's the fact that he lined up a reasonable way for himself to question me, I walk into it like a dummy, and then he just drops it rather than be suspicious of Bardull for giving me a free out and suspicious of me for taking it. You'd think he'd put the burners on me for doing that but he just let me go like I was innocent the whole time and he was just ****ing with me.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
my problem with rosalina is i feel like he (or she) is catering to momentum like at all times and doesn't have his/her own personal opinion.

i.e. gheb takes thread control and tries to force an ultimatum, then rosalina jumps on board and starts gunning for laundry
or
ex: laundry fires back and starts gunning for gheb, then rosalina flops on to gheb

and then now rosalina is looking at jdeezy after laundry started looking at jdeezy

coincidence? the scum intent would be to just try to blend in with the popular push.

kursed is dead weight and needs to give some input on who he thinks is scum, dude has literally been sitting on his hands all game even after i tried helping him out :mad:

jdeezy is...yeah i hate his switch from gheb to laundry, like it should have been painfully obvious from the start that gheb was playing like a cheesehead
I jumped on Laundry for the exact same reason as Maven. I even stated that I only agreed with Gheb if Laundry didn't post soon.
As for jumping on Gheb, Laundry's post made sense. Maven did the exact same thing. And I can't see where Laundry's looking at JD. Could you please quote it?

Nothing

Except I don't fully trust Laundry for lynching Gheb.
Why not? His reasoning seemed sound then, and even Gheb could see the logic behind it.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Y'all newbies love keeping your hands clean and your necks in line, doncha? You're all so scared to make conflict that it's aggravating to me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Well I was gonna do a more thorough analysis of Rosie but the internet keeps ****ting the bed on me so I guess that's for tomorrow.

:186;

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Right, I can't deny that. But I'm also not sure how to make conflict. Advice?
Stop being a ***** is step 1. Your primary concerns have been roles and meta and policy lynches. Absolutely everything you doing do is written out of a handbook. Talk to people. Don't suggest a policy lynch, as much as I'd like to body some of these imactives (read:vinyl) out of the game. Go back, look **** up, and find a player to cause an argument with.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'll make it easy for you: right now bardull and I both are looking at you as a prospective scummer. Why are you town? Why are we wrong? Why is Dietz scummier than you?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I'll make it easy for you: right now bardull and I both are looking at you as a prospective scummer. Why are you town? Why are we wrong? Why is Dietz scummier than you?

Well first off, I don't understand how you two can be so sure each other are town. This started at the very beginning, and neither of you ever replied appropriately to my question when I asked it. As to why I'm town, the only reason I have is that I don't believe I've made any particularly suspicious actions. I feel JDietz is guilty, mostly due to gut, but he also switched very suddenly from Laundry to Gheb suddenly. Whilst I did the same thing, I gave indication my only reason was inactivity, while I feel JDietz, wholeheartedly agreeing with Gheb, actually read you as mafia.

Maven89

Smash Master
I haven't re-read, but I think Kursed is playing us, I've seen him actually ask questions and have reads in other mafia games, I don't believe him, and I think we should lynch him if he doesn't post thoughts. No way he doesn't have any. And if he really is just being very cautious for non-scummy reasons, then having a "post or die" deadline should help him contribute

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I haven't re-read, but I think Kursed is playing us, I've seen him actually ask questions and have reads in other mafia games, I don't believe him, and I think we should lynch him if he doesn't post thoughts. No way he doesn't have any. And if he really is just being very cautious for non-scummy reasons, then having a "post or die" deadline should help him contribute
Nah
What do you want to hear? 8 pages is a lot of reading to analyse 7 slots.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Apologies for the unannounced V/LA, I caught the flu on thursday and have been bed and bathroom ridden since.

The fever broke today though, so once I get some real food in me I can probably read the game.

Top Bottom