• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem Basic Unit Mini Mafia: Game Over

Maven89

Smash Master
Laundry's posts are so small there's not enough there, because of that I don't want to defend him since I have no idea what alignment he is, but Gheb I'm having a little trouble following your through process.

Stop using the term 'policy lynch'.

Lynching a suspicious player always gives us something to work with anyway so lynching somebody specifically for the sake of obtaining 'information' is pointless. It's OK to go for a last-minute lynch of an inactive player if it becomes unbearable but lynching somebody solely for information's sake is pretty fruitless, if not completely impossible as it allows scumbags to dodge accountability by just using 'information' as an excuse for just about everything.
So you don't want to just lynch a person for being inactive except for the last minute, and instead want to lynch suspicious people. How exactly does this correlate with your Laundry push, when you said the main reason for it was him not responding?

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
WL got that value. personally i prefer to keep ryker/raz/WL until at least d3 in just about any game i play. he goes AFK as any alignment so his v/la doesn't make me lean either way. as far as his line of questioning towards rosalina, you could easily look at it one of two ways. first way is to look at it like he's doing standard early game pressure. to be fair, rosalina's rvs vote on gheb basically equated to jacksquat, like it didn't amount to anything because rosalina immediately threw gheb support after his rvs vote on gheb. it left me wondering if there was actually any intent behind the rvs vote or if it was just there to make him look like he was doing something. so i understand WL's PoV.
The first sentence is not a good strategy at all, especially not in a 9 man game.

Why are you trying to rationalize WL's posts for him?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So you don't want to just lynch a person for being inactive except for the last minute, and instead want to lynch suspicious people. How exactly does this correlate with your Laundry push, when you said the main reason for it was him not responding?
You can choose to not respond to a question or a request while being active. I actually do that a lot.

:059:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Read a quote. Bardull has it right. Dietz is a hater, Gheb possibly scum, Rosalina and Vinyl idfk. Will actually check those reads when I get back.

vote: gheb because he's always scum with me. probable placeholder vote.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Seriously? Is Rosalina always a target in mafia? Laundry it's probably just a joke imo

( edit was an extra setance but i'll post it below sorry )
Nah, Rosalina's posts were anything but joke-ish. His vote is more RVS in hindsight but it did read off to me that he throws a vote on a slot unrelated to the two he was talking about and then agrees with him in the next post. Somewhat common scum distancing tactic--voting for your mate first in RVS--especially supported by the fact that his follow-up was agreement. If it's a joke-y, RVS sort of vote, it's really not that transparent.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
It's RVS, so I voted. The reason I voted for Gheb is due to his meta. In both games I have played with him, he was almost entirely wrong who were mafia or was playing rather anti-town. Admittedly, he has a lot of experience with roles, but I doubt that's going to come in helpful today.
okay so it was an rvs vote, moving on

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I understand your point. What was gross about my post Laundry? Unless you were counter voting just because i voted you.
Here, I'll tell you:

You have this weird unnecessary fear of dying early on a site where no one knows you.
Your first actions were to claim as much and then avoid putting pressure on any slots.
Up until this post your targets have been me (relatively absent), "the inactives", and a suspicion on DragonHunter, a guy who has also not really been here.

I get that the game has been relatively slow and inactive but there's little scumhunting initiative from you at all from what I've seen.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
So can we lynch Laundry yet? Bardull is trying his hardest to be a tool right now so his opinion should not be taken serious.

This is one of the most brazen attempts to strong-arm a lynch onto a slot I've seen yet. Why am I your target and not Dragonhunter? Why is the one guy voicing concerns with your aggressive lobbying "a tool" who "should not be taken serious" when his posts on me accurately explain my position on Rosa?

Have you once called me scum? Lmao

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Uh, I misread Gheb's response to me and thought he said the main reason was the question Laundry asked. He actually said the exact opposite. If Laundry doesn't respond tonight I'm fine with lynching him.

Vinyl I don't understand this line

Kursed explain this right here

I have, really, only gut reads, which are town on Gheb and possible scum on Bardull, though for Bardull it's solely because of the joking way he's playing which, despite Vinyl saying it's how he plays, is not something I remember from him.

Either Rosalina picked up mafia really, really quickly or he/she is faking it. I'll admit I skimmed after I was killed in Candy mafia but I noticed a giant jump in her/his confidence.
How to insert your reads into a flaming can of garbage, starring Maven89.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Alright. That's not what I meant, however. You said I voted because I was pissed.
I was not. I only voted you for a push, because your vote was sudden and you've been just as silent.
You brought up pointers, but you seem to have twist that up a bit. I'm always a little late to this and I just want to point that out.

So yeah, scummy points for you unless you tell me why you stated it like that.
>this post
kek

>gheb likes this post
top kek

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Laundry isn't among the harder slots in this game to read correctly. And even if he were it should have no impact on whether we lynch him toDay or not.

There's also no reason to assume that he will be more active later on.

Gheb doing his damnedest to remove any argument out of his stupid power play on me.

ty gheb

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
You can choose to not respond to a question or a request while being active. I actually do that a lot.

LMAOOOOOOOOO.

Your entire premise for me being scum is that I'm simply not responding to your question despite being here. I was V/LA, away from my computer for the weekend, due to visiting my girlfriend and I didn't bring my laptop with me. Prior to that I've been busy working on my stones for a rapidly approaching show. This is the reason for my disappearance.

Barring that completely, what proof do you have that I was here and reading without answering the question? Your entire argument hinges on that point but you've brought absolutely nothing concrete to back it up. Despite this, you've been trying to strong-arm newbies and baddies into lynching me. The only person who even comes to my defense is dismissed for being a tool regardless of what he even said about me (which, might I point out again, he was on the money). This doesn't read of you trying to lynch a caught scum, it's you making an opportunistic push on my slot in order to swing my lynch early in the game so I don't come back and beat your ass for throwing dog**** at me.

Gheb's scum.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Town:
Bardull

Nulltown:
Rosa

Null:
Vinyl
Dragonhunter
Dietz

Nullscum:
Maven

Scum:
Gheb
Kursed

I'm out for now. Lynch Gheb.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This is one of the most brazen attempts to strong-arm a lynch onto a slot I've seen yet. Why am I your target and not Dragonhunter? Why is the one guy voicing concerns with your aggressive lobbying "a tool" who "should not be taken serious" when his posts on me accurately explain my position on Rosa?

Have you once called me scum? Lmao

Maven liked this post.

Apparently he's on the beach cause his flipflops are on. :glare:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Here, I'll tell you:

You have this weird unnecessary fear of dying early on a site where no one knows you.
Your first actions were to claim as much and then avoid putting pressure on any slots.
Up until this post your targets have been me (relatively absent), "the inactives", and a suspicion on DragonHunter, a guy who has also not really been here.

I get that the game has been relatively slow and inactive but there's little scumhunting initiative from you at all from what I've seen.

Yeah, I'm really not doing myself any favours, huh? But I've played about 5 games on JV. probably over 200-300 in ToS.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
What is ToS?

And no, that answer really does you no favors.

Vinyl did tell me to start posting thoughts and opinions on other players, so his post did sway my opinion because I believed posting nothing at all would make me look like scum.

Maven89

Smash Master
That post was entirely reads
Maven liked this post.

Apparently he's on the beach cause his flipflops are on. :glare:

Apparently you're illiterate?

This is not the first time I've had this problem with Dgames and honestly I have very little confidence in anyone's ability to constructively read, but go ahead and read. I criticized Gheb while at the same time saying, if you never came back, that'd I'd be fine with lynching you. If you can't comprehend this then read. Read.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
And before Gheb tries to weasel his way entirely out of this **** lynch, let the rest of you consider this:

1. He never called me scum.
2. Despite this fact, he has adamantly pushed myself and no one else as scum. Remember, Bardull only is a "tool" and Gheb has gone as far as to say that he doesn't deserve "scummy points" from Vinyl, so there is no other lynch choice from this slot, just me.
3. Has gone on the record saying policy lynches are bad because it's better to lynch suspicious targets, which, after reading through the lines, is him saying in a roundabout way he is in fact suspicious of me (but, again, he hasn't directly called me scum).
4. His basis for lynching me is because I am actively reading a thread with 5 pages on a game that started 2 and a half pages in but ignoring a request from him.
5. That request is me explaining why I find Kursed saying "I'm not going to scumhunt" gross, something that should be quite self-explanatory.

Gheb backed himself into a corner on this one. Don't let him out.

Maven89

Smash Master
lol damnit my first line was when i was going to respond to you saying my post was "reads mixed with garbage" or whatever, but you kept posting so I waited . I hate that it saves these things

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
That post was entirely reads

Apparently you're illiterate?

This is not the first time I've had this problem with Dgames and honestly I have very little confidence in anyone's ability to constructively read, but go ahead and read. I criticized Gheb while at the same time saying, if you never came back, that'd I'd be fine with lynching you. If you can't comprehend this then read. Read.
Apparently you missed the part where you said "Gheb is town" and "Bardull is scum".

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Vinyl did tell me to start posting thoughts and opinions on other players, so his post did sway my opinion because I believed posting nothing at all would make me look like scum.
When your only targets are inactives and your general interaction with most people is to be lead around by the nose and not really digging into anybody, you're still gonna look like scum.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
When your only targets are inactives and your general interaction with most people is to be lead around by the nose and not really digging into anybody, you're still gonna look like scum.

Well thanks I guess? Would you like me to begin an argument and start shoving people around? What exactly am I doing? Because obviously I am just going to get myself lynched if I don't follow your 'specific' rules.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Laundry's posts are so small there's not enough there, because of that I don't want to defend him since I have no idea what alignment he is, but Gheb I'm having a little trouble following your through process.

if this is you recanting your towngheb read then it comes after the initial post I made. Your reads were garbage in the post I quoted and I am skeptical of how much you flip between reads.

Maven89

Smash Master
Read read read read read read read
Sorry about this post, I'm still bitter about a previous mafia game where I was killed due to people not really reading my posts, I let this get to me and came off snarky when I should have just explained myself. Explanation coming in next post, I just wanted this to be posted fast

Maven89

Smash Master
if this is you recanting your towngheb read then it comes after the initial post I made. Your reads were garbage in the post I quoted and I am skeptical of how much you flip between reads.

Well now I take back my apology because that's a straight up lie, I have zero idea why you would say that because you didn't break your inactivity until 4 hours after that post. It's literally at the top of this page

I gave a quick gut read of town on Gheb, which was then followed up by me questioning his push on you. Hell, I was basically the only one still asking Gheb to explain himself. Somehow you missed this completely.

I can't like part of posts, the only part I was agreeing with was your criticism of Gheb's push on you.

It's very easy for you to skip out on the early game "we have no information" then criticize those who tried to give their reads when there was nothing there as "garbage". Personally I think skipping out on the whole thing with no notice is "garbage" as is your inability to comprehend time.

Maven89

Smash Master
Sorry I'm trying to stop being bitter in these games, I'm not doing a good job. Apologies for the garbage comments

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Well thanks I guess? Would you like me to begin an argument and start shoving people around? What exactly am I doing? Because obviously I am just going to get myself lynched if I don't follow your 'specific' rules.
1. They ain't my rules

2. Analyze a slot. Go back and look at posts. A slot's not suspicious for forgetting to bold a post. I want to see your thoughts on every active slot in the game.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Sorry I'm trying to stop being bitter in these games, I'm not doing a good job. Apologies for the garbage comments
Same, I went aggro for no reason.

I read what you posted. It struck me as odd that you had gheb as a guttown read and bardull as gutscum when I have the exact opposite and that should be the correct read on those slots. I did miss you questioning gheb directly afterwards but I am curious why you flipped so suddenly on that gutreas and what fave it to you in the first place.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Vote Count
1. RosalinaSGS (0) -
2. Kursed (0) -
3. Maven89 (0) -
4. DragonHunter970 (0) -
5. Laundry (3) - Kursed, JDietz, Gheb
6. Bardeezy (1) - Vinyl
7. Vinyl (2) - Maven, Bardull
8. Gheb (3) - Laundry, DragonHunter, RosalinaSGS
9. JDietz43 (0) -

(If there's anything wrong don't be afraid to correct me, as I did this late.)

It takes 5 to lynch. Reminder Deadline is March 10th @ 5:00 PM Eastern. So there is less than 48 hours in the day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom