• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia | GAME OVER: Not Equal To The Challenge

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Oh, an FOS without really saying why. I am interested in why you get a scum vibe from me.
That was 2am. I wasn't exactly excited about doing a reread and putting together a list.
I'm up early (for me, especially considering I couldn't fall asleep until 4am) because I have an OSS group (open source software) meeting with some colleagues at lunch. I won't make a list until mid or late afternoon at the earliest, and I said above that I may or may not give it to you yet, depending on a handful of factors, the greatest being the necessity for a conversation with Xatres and my hope that he can read the action from when he left last night until now.

I still haven't been provided a QT from the mod.

@Circus should I wait longer, or just create one and post it to you in a PM so me and FML can get things rolling. It seems that some players have tricks up their sleeves that they intend to unleash to guarantee a scum win, and I'd sure like to have some time to get with FML soon. Thank you sir.

We still haven't heard from a number of players and while I think more conversation about our play at the end of D1 is appropriate, I'd really like to hear from people what they make of other issues as well. Let's hear both.

In particular, I'm interested in hearing people's thoughts on RR's behavior today, Kary's pressure on me, and other ideas about why each person was chosen to be killed N1.

@All Explain what you think a scum strategy that YOU would adopt going into toDay. Please contrast that strategy with the actions of all toDay.

I'd like to reiterate something important: if we were scum just dying to kill soup, why did we ask for the separation to happen AFTER we had heard more? Even my attackers are saying that we've played a "textbook town" approach all game, only offering pro-town ideas, only making pro-town cases, and only defending ourselves in a pro-town manner. They are using this to suggest that we are just doing all of this pro-town stuff to hide behind it so we can truly be anti-town.

How well would that strategy have worked if our proposed rules been adopted by the town on D1? How likely is it that we have played that way if we were scum? Potassium (I think it was him) even referenced Majora's Mask mafia when we hydra'd scum and played horribly and made it clear we suck as scum and all we did was paint ourselves into a corner. (That was his read, there were other significant factors in that game, but w/e).
Is our play this game anything like what you've seen or heard of us in other games. We just about single-handedly won Oddworld mafia as vanilla town.
I read someone's post in the mafia V/LA thread a couple of days ago that mentioned that everyone in D-Games has over yomi-ed this game to the point at which most everything is a coinflip. We have not been active during the era in which this has happened, so I didn't know that until the other day.
Is it reasonable for us to have played the way we did D1 if we were scum, assuming that my attackers are right and we played textbook town with only pro-town behavior? Where were these attackers yesterday, if so? Kary was not on any bandwagon for us yesterday. RR barely interacted with me (or anyone. His post count was LOW by the end of the day.) other than 4 or 5 fast posts in reply to my case against him.

There really wasn't any heat on us until soup exploded and killed himself by all rights, and we simply hammered to avoid any shenanigans. Before you cry foul because this hammer didn't happen according to our rules, YES IT DID. We asked for town consent in our rules and it was there. We asked for a designated hammer and you all refused, probably for good reasons. Xatres took a risk making that kill, but it was easily the lesser of two evils given soup's behavior, his attempt to lash out and attack, and the early attack attempt on soup when he was still connected.
So yes, we DID play according to our "with town consent" rule. It wasn't a quickshot by any means. The only thing missing was a "can we hammer or will someone else volunteer?" Which by our opinion would have been bad if soup's claim was true and scum was ready to scoop that weapon to victory.

TL:DR Scroll up and read anyways.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
oh hey and rake's here now.

Was gonna league but catch ups op.

Much reads. Such precision. WOW

FullMetalLynch

xastrn you ninja if you have time hit my latest posts.

Also ryu town would def shoot you if he thought you were scummy enough and I think him sticking to his guns and apparently trying is actually pretty telling. I think ryu scum would slowly back off and let you post more because you have so many people at your throat, that you end up getting too caught up figuring out each of your attackers intent to keep your head in order

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Also, you need to go back to crumb reading school, cuz me n orbo have been getting at a whole nother angle
It's true. I suck at noticing bread crumbs. In my defense, I don't know the FE universe whatsoever, so I sort of might not have picked up on anything, and unless I'm wrong, Zen didn't crumb his side of the pair to us Day 1. We'll talk more in private when Circus wakes up and we get that QT. Or you can say what you're thinking in public if it's safe to just blurt it out. I don't know what you know.

What changed so heavily from then ? Because I haven't seen anything but you two disagreeing, it almost seems omgus towards kary but i haven't fully caught up yet. What about Kary's attitude or movements towards you read as scum intent, do you think he's attacking your weaker thread position in a scummy way ?
What changed is that Kary is taking an obvious play from us D1 and twisting into this devious scum play that, if scum, goes DIRECTLY against our meta that people can at least pick up on from this game.
It's not so much an omgus as an oh my god your case sucks.
I see it scummy to take our behavior from D1, particularly at the end, and twist it into a scum play. I think rational town would agree that the play had to be made, and the only question was who thought of it first, who was in thread at the time, etc. Kary is not playing toDay like rational town. He's playing like scum have talked and agreed to harp on something weak to keep us in the spotlight toDay. I think this explains RR's sudden activity. I think he's doubled his post count already (i'll have to check) just in the first few hours of D2. I see RR as scum through and through and I see Kary suddenly latching on to this despite offering almost no negative read on us if any D1, and I think he's attacking our position in a scummy way.

FullMetalLynch

Plus why give us the 72 hours ? I def think scum ryu would attack the idea of a fml/xast scum team so that he could stick to his execution agenda, not to mention start the train on a fml misshot tomorrow. I'll read your ryu stuff again but my guts telling him he's a townbro with me.

FullMetalLynch

It's true. I suck at noticing bread crumbs. In my defense, I don't know the FE universe whatsoever, so I sort of might not have picked up on anything, and unless I'm wrong, Zen didn't crumb his side of the pair to us Day 1. We'll talk more in private when Circus wakes up and we get that QT. Or you can say what you're thinking in public if it's safe to just blurt it out. I don't know what you know.

Reaction over action.

Savvy ?

What changed is that Kary is taking an obvious play from us D1 and twisting into this devious scum play that, if scum, goes DIRECTLY against our meta that people can at least pick up on from this game.
I see it scummy to take our behavior from D1, particularly at the end, and twist it into a scum play. I think rational town would agree that the play had to be made, and the only question was who thought of it first, who was in thread at the time, etc. Kary is not playing toDay like rational town. He's playing like scum have talked and agreed to harp on something weak to keep us in the spotlight toDay. I think this explains RR's sudden activity. I think he's doubled his post count already (i'll have to check) just in the first few hours of D2. I see RR as scum through and through and I see Kary suddenly latching on to this despite offering almost no negative read on us if any D1, and I think he's attacking our position in a scummy way.
I can safely say you can't take RR's activity as a strong tell, I've hydra'd with him before and not only is he usually busy with stuff, but also becuase his activity comes in waves.

I have a hard time seeing the RR side of RR/Kary tbqh, I also still find myself disliking Ran though, so i have to wonder if maybe your not far off on the second part. Talk to me about Kary and Ryu's interactions, can you sooner see Ran/Kary. I think pawn's replacement was actually a little scummy in a way, i don't know if he wasn't caught up or w/e, but he kinda just dipped when his name showed up, and i haven't been all that impressed with ran. I'd actually like to hear you talk more about ran and I'll trade you my gut early feel on him. I did read his big post and kinda felt very meh about it. I do want to say you may want to take a step back and try to consider why town as well as scum would try to attack you.

FullMetalLynch

What's your league handle? I'll join you. I'm Dastrn. Just send me a friend request or whatever. We can play right now if you want.
Ankhorvalin.

I can't join right now because i'm waiting to find out if i work or not, but If i get pushed back I'll add ya and we can do some ARAM's if your down for it.

If i do work though , I'll have to fo till at the earliest 4:30 my time (5.5 approx hours from now) and at the latest 6:30

FullMetalLynch

How certain are you on Ryu town and please explain the reasons for that read
Like Orbo said, meta, but it's more like I essentially said to orbo: Yo i have this gut town read on ryu. Agree/Disagree ? Orbo agreed and we kinda talked on it. I'm trying to see xast's side that ryu's attacking him scummily but I'm having not a lot of success determining Ryu's intent short of the idea that he just really want's that unbreakeable sword for some sort of shenanigans

FullMetalLynch

How certain are you on Ryu town and please explain the reasons for that read
As an extension, do you think Ryu's attack on xast is TvS ? SvS ? I've caught up but I can't remember your position atm.

thanks

FullMetalLynch

Yo Rake I got questions for you in my catch up

Tell me what you think of Ryu agreeing with Zen without saying much else
non telling and i doubt as scum together they interact so passively.
Why talk to me about it ?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
blah ****ing blah
ANSWER MY ****ING QUESTIONS

I AM CALLING YOU A DUNCE

>>YOU THINK I AM CALLING YOU SCUM

WOW I GUESS I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE DUNCE THING HUH

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
As an extension, do you think Ryu's attack on xast is TvS ? SvS ? I've caught up but I can't remember your position atm.

thanks
I'm leaning TvT. I am lean town on RR though i've not seen that much from him. Xast i still feel is probably town, though I have more reservations than I did yesterDay.

FullMetalLynch

I can agree on rr town. Xast town....eh, I feel like him going balls deep on thatu sword would be hella dicey scum play unless he had an ace up his sleeve. Not a fan of him scum reading you off your argument though

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
ANSWER MY ****ING QUESTIONS

I AM CALLING YOU A DUNCE

>>YOU THINK I AM CALLING YOU SCUM

WOW I GUESS I WAS WRONG ABOUT THE DUNCE THING HUH
I'll answer what I want and when I want. You need to go smoke a bowl or something and chill out. I'm going to my 10 year reunion from college now. I'll be back later when it makes sense and I'll say what i want to say.

In the meantime, if you want a proper response from me, your best bet is to go collect all your F*cking questions as you put it and put them in one post so I can see what you want. You're not making me want to go scroll through 120 posts to find the questions you want answered, or to scroll through my own posts to see how much I answered them already. You take the time while I'm away and then I'll agree to answer what I deem is worth my time to address. If I have to repeat myself, I'll just tell you I already answered that and move on and you can read my earlier posts.

You can all caps and call me a dunce all you want. I'm calling you scummy. I'll say what I mean. You're backing away from that now because I think you realize that you won't have too many people to bandwagon on me with you and RR. I believe you are scum buddies and your plan is not working out as intended. No, I won't crumble under your pressure, and yes, I will continue to behave pro-town, including hiding the best weapon in the game to keep it out of scum's hands. I clearly can't use it. I used a dragonstone and claimed nah, one of only two characters that I'm aware of that can use them, the other being nowi. (I'm fuzzy on the FE stuff. leaning on xatres and you guys on this.) I can't use swords. I could prove my no-lynch ability on even days by attempting an attack except I used my active to protect an asset because it was the safe play. Also, creating a no lynch today means town will be down FOUR players to 0. We can lynch scum today, whether it's RR, you, or ranmaru-pawndidator. We NEED to hit scum today. No lynching to clear me and zen was a bad play, so I hid.

Do your thing. I'll be out for a few hours. FML WON'T separate between now and then. He has seen what I've posted in our private chat, which is stuff you'll all have access to in about 48 hours. He knows I'm town.

Between now and tonight, I suggest town find something productive to do that is unrelated to the current discussion. We shouldn't waste ALL of our time on one play that most likely won't happen. There are other questions to be asked to other players. Get active and get more conversations going. Don't worry, scum. This one won't go away immediately and you can still push at me at the same time. But RR and Kary, I dare you to spend the next 4 or 5 hours making posts that have nothing to do with me. I dare you. I'm not sure you can.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This guy keeps posting and doesn't even give reasoning.

To me it feels like you are trying to keep your scumread from Pawn on me without really having much.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ok, ran is likely town.
I need to re evaluate

I don't get you man. I really don't get your dislike (and rakes) of me, when he only said "Yeah I don't like his post it's meh".

You'll need to explain why you thought I was a good target and why you 180'd.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ran. this. see my latest postings.
agree / disagree

I agree, Xastrn's replies seem like Omgus to Kary's pressure. I still don't see how it's scummy, he's just calling people who oppose his views scummy. Kind of how he acted when he first started scumreading FML.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
non telling and i doubt as scum together they interact so passively.
Why talk to me about it ?

I wasn't asking about it as if they were both scum. Just was asking mostly about Ryu. I wanted to see what you thought, what's the problem?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Anyways gonna head out to hang out with friends later

FullMetalLynch

I don't get you man. I really don't get your dislike (and rakes) of me, when he only said "Yeah I don't like his post it's meh".

You'll need to explain why you thought I was a good target and why you 180'd.
This was rake, thought your posts were kinda empty or filler content. Like they were long and you had a driection and all but it kinda seemed fake.

180'd because you wrote a scum case on a dead Raz, you'd have to be the dumbest scum in history to not check your qt and see Raz had been wasted.
And no offense but your not smart enough as scum to write up a giant scum case o nraz too look townie, that's not your scum meta, and I don't think as scum you'd have changed that greatly since scooter pilgrim.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why is Xastrn being so unhelpful here.

FML why are you letting this guy get support from you (I think it's that direction right? or vice versa) without really questioning what he is doing? I dunno you are kinda letting him do whatever, even though he's your town read. It's like you are bouncing off reads with him but you aren't really questioning his motives or anything.

What do you think of his recent actions here? He won't explain himself, nor will he actually explain his reasoning for ran scum vibes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This was rake, thought your posts were kinda empty or filler content. Like they were long and you had a driection and all but it kinda seemed fake.

That took me all the time in the world how the frick is it empty. D: < At least look at the Dabuz reasoning/Spoiler tag. How can we let that guy off?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didnt mean agressively i meant give me your thoughts

oh lol thought you were like WHY ARE YOU TALKING TO ME ABOUT IT HUH PUNK

and i'm like ;-; jeez just trying to conversate

anyways. I just thought it seemed similar to his play in LoL. It's one post so yeah I'm not gonna bank on it, but it was just ew to me because he's agreeing to a scum read without really having much presence there himself. He's coming into the game a bit more now, but it's only thanks to Xastrn's **** up that he can really say "Yeah I'm gonna shoot you" (which is pretty easy to say in this situation). I'll need more to get a better read from him though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
ebwop: Play in LoLupic lol. Not just league. We should prolly play League.

FullMetalLynch

I agree, Xastrn's replies seem like Omgus to Kary's pressure. I still don't see how it's scummy, he's just calling people who oppose his views scummy. Kind of how he acted when he first started scumreading FML.
wait xast called us scum? i odnt remember this
also I orbo havent addressed you till now lol

FullMetalLynch

Why is Xastrn being so unhelpful here.

FML why are you letting this guy get support from you (I think it's that direction right? or vice versa) without really questioning what he is doing? I dunno you are kinda letting him do whatever, even though he's your town read. It's like you are bouncing off reads with him but you aren't really questioning his motives or anything.

What do you think of his recent actions here? He won't explain himself, nor will he actually explain his reasoning for ran scum vibes.
we wanted to see his reasoning in private which is something we agreed on yesterday.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Your second paragraph is scary to me, and tips you a bit towards a scum read in my book. You basically endorsed an anti-town approach, and you ADMIT it's not pro-town, AND you suggested that less discussion time is better for scum and worse for town, when the opposite is almost ALWAYS true. Scum already know who's town. Town NEEDS lots of interactions between players to gather info and make reads. Ending a Day quicker than we have to for the sake of ONE person's read is pro-scum. Flat out.

The blue is referencing to Rake's early disagreement with his rules for town conformity.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah basically. It's similar though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
There really wasn't any heat on us until soup exploded and killed himself by all rights, and we simply hammered to avoid any shenanigans. Before you cry foul because this hammer didn't happen according to our rules, YES IT DID. We asked for town consent in our rules and it was there.

I'll give you points since Raz was the one who ****ed up a bit and just said "I can't stand soup's play", but I think your actions in deciding to take the shot instead of raz is null to me. I can't tell if it was a good thing or not, and honestly don't care.

So I'm just patiently waiting for your reads/direction (whenever you can), and answers to people's questions instead of just saying "Yeah I'm not answering this", that would help me in reading you.

Then you can talk to me about people like Dabuz instead of just defaulting to kary/ryu/me without even having solid reasoning. I don't see how that's re-evaluating. So yeah.

FullMetalLynch

assuming that was a response to 797
i dont believe he has mentioned any kind of scum read since then and its been null at worse

Top Bottom