• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia | GAME OVER: Not Equal To The Challenge

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Not going to offer any other firm reads before talking things out with Dastrn. We haven't had a chance to discuss the results of NK flips/Zen's claim. We did agree up front before the game began that whoever correctly claimed Even Rhythm was basically guaranteed town (unless the mod offered way too specific safe claims).

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You can't offer any individual reads? Are you saying all of your reads in game have been only those you agreed upon together?

If so, I want to see a full scum read list, including the reads you disagreed on. Like I said, it's hard to follow where you want to go with all of your posts. It would be helpful if you do that.

I'll wait...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
also sleepy time

hype for tomorrow

giggity

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
[color=98fb98]I will likely be heading to bed now. Went to my roommate's wedding tonight and I'm tuckered out. Dastrn might be on later to post, and he may offer his read on things. As we noted D1, he's much more likely to speak off the cuff than I am. I'll be mostly busy tomorrow, but will likely do a full thread re-read depending on where things are at on Sunday. Expect Green-Xastrn to be sparse for at least the next 24-36 hours.[/color]

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Ninja'd

@Ran: I can't offer a hard and fast system for how we do reads. We try to talk things out and not to contradict each other in thread. As I said, Dastrn is more likely to speak off the cuff, while I prefer to sit back and watch before building a case. Right now, with all the flips, I haven't had time to fully re-evaluate the game. I'm not confident giving reads either for myself or for Dastrn at this point. After my re-read Sunday, I might have something for you. Until then, I'm sure you'll get some input from Dastrn on what's he's currently thinking.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Let's take all this ****ing setup **** with a pinch of salt.

Xastrn trading away one weapon doesn't necessarily achieve anything. They could have another weapon no-one knows about.

An unbreakable weapon doesn't necessarily benefit scum. Two people died last night and no weapons broke.

Claiming paired roles doesn't make anyone town. No actual reason why scum could not have those roles.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not handing the Falchion to anyone who we don't have a firm town-read on. Right now the only person on that list is Zen, and I'm willing to bet he can't even use it. While I doubt the mod would create an unbreakable weapon that scum could use if they got their hands on it, I'm not going to take a risk on that being the case.
trade it. Now.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Aight. Did you follow through with that? That's what I'm wondering. You were a bit wishy washy there, just wondering if you stated any definite stance on them after that.

I mean the claim itself. Also did you answer the "Isn't it possible this was town emotional soup" in your mind? Just wondering what was in your head wrt that thought.

I know. Having two manaketes is broken though. I'll consider it though. I do think it's possible that one of the two of you may be scum in the case of odd/even though.

nope, you're a frickin manakete
Xastrn just went into it. Why would you go into support position when you have probably the only unbreakable weapon in the game? As for the emotion, it seemed to me like he was trying to be emotional after I already called him out on how he was playing the opposite of that.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xast I think you should just give it to Rake. The main point against you is that you attacked for the weapon. Not only will that ease that, it will also disprove dabuz' post of you trading it to a mafia partner.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Xast I think you should just give it to Rake. The main point against you is that you attacked for the weapon. Not only will that ease that, it will also disprove dabuz' post of you trading it to a mafia partner.
doesn't disprove anything. xast may still have killed to get the weapon. may even be able to trade with mafia partners during Day.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
RR/FML can you please tell me why this weapon is so important to you.

Also, you can't pair up with Xast the same Day you separated.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Ryu seperated, therefore we can use our action to pair?
And it would be of significant use to our ability. Which is not necessarily related to daykilling.
Are you opposed to us having it?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Separate Mechanic: Once a Day, an Active Unit paired with a Support Unit can choose to Separate from the player with which they are paired. This can be done during the same phase in which the Pair Up that joined these two players occurred. Neither player can Pair Up as a Support Unit with a new player until the following Day phase. However, other players can Pair Up with these players as Support Units during this phase. A player who elects to Separate will immediately go into Wait mode following the separation.

The rules say you started with a useable weapon, so i don't really care if you have another. But every time someone takes an action I have to look at it ask why they're doing that. If they don't even say anything then it's pretty ****ing tricky to know what's going on.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Ahhhh

Also xast said yesterday that he wished to talk with me. I cleared it by ryu and we were gonna do it today

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
On Our Kill: My reasoning for hammering remains the same. Raz had already made it clear he was ready to hammer, and to me it looked like a bus. Ninja-ing was happening all over, so Zen completely missed my request not to separate. There was nothing to do after that but try to prevent a bus. I suspected that some scum may have items with unique abilities, a fact somewhat substantiated by the fact that a weapon like the Falchion exists.
#1 Why did you think Raz attacking soup was a bus? I don't remember you suspecting Raziek at all.

#2 Why did you think it is so important for scum to hammer? Why do you think that they would need the weapons, when every player in the game starts with a weapon, and it's D1?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I'm not handing the Falchion to anyone who we don't have a firm town-read on. Right now the only person on that list is Zen, and I'm willing to bet he can't even use it. While I doubt the mod would create an unbreakable weapon that scum could use if they got their hands on it, I'm not going to take a risk on that being the case.
And if you don't hand it over, in all likelihood, Ryu will shoot you. Just in case that wasn't clear.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
doesn't disprove anything. xast may still have killed to get the weapon. may even be able to trade with mafia partners during Day.
Attack in day, trade weapon at night, get it traded back the next day, and still able to trade it to someone else? Sounds legit.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Just heard from xatres that the game was running. I just got caught up.

Xatres will be largely absent until Sunday afternoon or so, so you'll have to put up with me explaining my reasonings, and passing along what he tells me about his own. I don't think he'll have much time to talk between now and Sunday but I'll get what I can get.

Adding extra condition on my claim, trade FML Falchion first and claim.
trade it. Now.
First of all, hell no. Trading it fast to my scum-read's choice of person would be stupid as hell. When it is traded, it will be with my own judgement. Not yours. You can take that pushy bullsh and stuff it. You don't run things. There's a whole town here.

Who's to say it operates the exact same as yours? Who's to say it's not safe-claim?

The fact that I don't trust either you OR Xastrn and you guys have counterpart claims is really sketchy to me.
His claim, including the no-lynch if we try to kill on the wrong day, is EXACTLY what ours is, only we are odd and he is even. I have no question whatsoever in my mind that Zen is town. If RR pulls his BS shot tomorrow, I'll flip town, you can take Zen to the bank as confirmed town.

claim in 22 hours or you die.
The claim is done. It was decided before D2 began. I don't need your pressure. You need mine. I'm the one who knocks.

What's your read on FML now, and since you are talking about it, you should talk about your directions that you want to go in now.
I've got roughly a null read on FML. I need to reread on him because I truly believed he was our even counterpart until Zen claimed toDay. I read FML town once I got that impression, but now I'm back to NULL. I'll reread focusing on FML when/if I have time this weekend to get a more precise feeling in my head.

I'm unsure of the direction I want to go in now. I'm pissed as hell about how fast everything went down at the end of Day 1. Soup just earned the Least Valuable Player in mafia history with that sh*t. I was mad when Xatres called me and told me he killed soup and told me just screwed us, but then when I read what soup was doing I thought "i'm glad he killed when he did, because otherwise some shenanigans would have ensued and scum would have killed for that weapon."

We wanted the weapon in town's hands so we wanted to be behind our even counterpart on D2 until we found someone who could use it. We assumed that our even counterpart would be Nowi, who we were told in our PM is the mother of Nah (us). Apparently we were wrong about that but that doesn't matter now. When and if we find someone who can use the weapon that we have a firm town read on, we'll trade it. Until then, you had better hope RR doesn't shoot us and claim an unbreakable weapon for scum.

Let me be clear. If RR does that, this game will be over almost immediately. 5 townies at least will be dead. That will leave scum with a 4-3 deficit and we're in some version of lylo, depending on where weapons are sitting. I'm assuming scum has the weapons of those who died last night, unless a vig claims, which may or may not be wise right now, depending on if they can use the weapon they hold.

You can't offer any individual reads? Are you saying all of your reads in game have been only those you agreed upon together?

If so, I want to see a full scum read list, including the reads you disagreed on. Like I said, it's hard to follow where you want to go with all of your posts. It would be helpful if you do that.

I'll wait...
My read list has changed since all the flips, as well as Zen's claim. I do not have a list to give you right now. When I have something concrete, I'll decide how much I want to share and how much I don't. You ALL know that giving full lists in critical moments like we're already in right now can be win or lose for the town. Things are quite different, though, because of the weapon issue.

So you you might have to wait... longer than you want.

No, we haven't always agreed on our reads. We've already stated that we each are keeping our lists in order, with tiers sort of, in our spreadsheet (google docs) that we both can update live. (same spreadsheet that has post list in it, which is freaking 300 posts behind now....damn...i don't want to spend the time catching up. I didn't expect there to be 200 new posts before I even started reading D2. You guys post too many one liners. But I will get caught up. When I do, I'll post the same list of post counts that I have been.)

I have more to say but I need to reread today again.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Current Roster:
Kary
Red Ryu
dabuz
Ranmaru
Xastrn
Zen
Sokr supported by: Potassium
FullMetalLynch

Actions Taken:

Day 1
  • Ryker Pairs Up with Raziek at 5:23am EST, 10/27/13
  • soup Pairs Up with Colonel Stars Zen at 11:39am EST, 10/27/13
  • Potassium Pairs Up with Sokr at 8:30pm EST, 10/27/13
  • FullMetalLynch Pairs Up with Red Ryu at 2:29am EST, 10/28/13
  • Zen Separates from soup at 6:06pm EST, 10/30/13
  • Xastrn Attacks soup at 6:10pm EST, 10/30/13

Day 2
  • Red Ryu Separates from FullMetalLynch at 12:07am EST, 11/02/13

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Attack in day, trade weapon at night, get it traded back the next day, and still able to trade it to someone else? Sounds legit.
maybe, maybe not. doesn't mean he didn't kill to get the weapon. doesn't mean if he trades the weapon he's clear. and etc.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Pair Up-Xastrn
Switch

I have to have the falchion in the back line. Otherwise scum will snipe it and claim that they had a hard read on me as scum because of the end of day one. No other play makes sense for me right now. Since he paired, and we switched, we've both used our day actions and no one can kill us unless they day kill FML and night kill us. For now, I will say outright the following, and you need to freaking bookmark this post for later:

If anyone builds a case on FML and day kills him, and then we die at night, whoever targeted FML is scum 100%. That's the only way to get falchion in scum's hands, so if you kill him and expose us, you just gave scum the weapon and we will be the night kill 100%, unless we have a doc who wants to gamble on us.

You might not like hearing this because now you are imagining us scumbuddies with FML, and you can think what you want. I'm acknowledging, as I always do, that you can read plays however you want, and you can come up with both pro-town and pro-scum reasons for actions. Clearly, we read soup's poor play as scum when it was just a ****ty plan followed by a god-awful rampage that is probably going to be the biggest factor in our loss if scum win, and will go down as one of the worst plays in history.

@Circus Can you give us an updated list ASAP? It's quite important, for a very specific reason.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Ninja'd by the mod:

Ok, the rule states than when someone separates, neither player can become support that day. Hence, FML's attempt to fail fizzled.

Therefore:

Pair Up: FullMetalLynch

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So you blame soup when you shoot him, but if RR shoots you, that's on him.

Do you see how I have approximately zero patience for this ****?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Current Roster:
Kary
Red Ryu
dabuz
Ranmaru
Zen
Sokr supported by: Potassium
FullMetalLynch supported by Xastrn

Actions Taken:

Day 1
  • Ryker Pairs Up with Raziek at 5:23am EST, 10/27/13
  • soup Pairs Up with Colonel Stars Zen at 11:39am EST, 10/27/13
  • Potassium Pairs Up with Sokr at 8:30pm EST, 10/27/13
  • FullMetalLynch Pairs Up with Red Ryu at 2:29am EST, 10/28/13
  • Zen Separates from soup at 6:06pm EST, 10/30/13
  • Xastrn Attacks soup at 6:10pm EST, 10/30/13

Day 2
  • Red Ryu Separates from FullMetalLynch at 12:07am EST, 11/02/13
  • Xastrn Pairs Up with FullMetalLynch at 1:35am EST, 11/02/13

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
This means FML still has a day action. I don't feel as good about that as both of us being in Wait status, but for now, I'm happy to play support for reasons listed above.
The new problem is that FML DOES have the ability to Separate toDay. I want to add to my exclamation from above:

If FML separates and we get killed, FML is 90% likely to be scum. If he does not, my nullish read on him stands, although I'll have a much better read on him by Day's end if people let us use our time wisely instead of being dumb and trying to make a kill within 24 hours of Day's beginning. :facepalm: dumb or scum or dumb or scum or dumb or scum...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This means FML still has a day action. I don't feel as good about that as both of us being in Wait status, but for now, I'm happy to play support for reasons listed above.
The new problem is that FML DOES have the ability to Separate toDay. I want to add to my exclamation from above:

If FML separates and we get killed, FML is 90% likely to be scum. If he does not, my nullish read on him stands, although I'll have a much better read on him by Day's end if people let us use our time wisely instead of being dumb and trying to make a kill within 24 hours of Day's beginning. :facepalm: dumb or scum or dumb or scum or dumb or scum...
No I am straight up killing you within 18ish hours unless you can change my read on you.

D1 with a soup town flip, you look like the scumiest slot in the game with that 180 on "don't quick shoot guys, nah we gonna shoot Soup fast without asking or declaring. Let's call people scum but have mechanical and surface level reasons like post numbers to call people scum, then have horrible itterations like Sokr with 2 posts super town and kantrip not with 4."

I don't care if people shoot on a whim because I also do that and why me in a BiM game is a terrible idea, I quick shot Soup off a single post he made in BiM4.I care you're not shooting/acting with what you state or believe.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
So you blame soup when you shoot him, but if RR shoots you, that's on him.

Do you see how I have approximately zero patience for this ****?
Of course we blame soup for getting himself shot. Look around. EVERYONE blames soup for getting himself shot. He made the dumbest play I've ever seen. He wasn't even necessarily about to die, and he could have stayed calm and made a much more rational play and the heat might have slowed down. Xatres was 100% right in making the play he did, before scum did it to take the weapon. If he was scum, then a bus was obvious. If he was town, then a scum kill was obvious. Therefore, the only right play was to hammer when he did. I didn't do it, and I'm not sure I would have had the balls to do it either, but he did it and I stand by it. It was the right play.

If RR does it, it will be withing 24 hours of Day 2 beginning with the potential of some players not even posting toDay before it ends. How dumb does he have to be to make that play if he is town. The only way to read that play would be as 100% scum. At the very least, if he were town, he'd contend with soup for the dumbest play ever, and scum could just coast to a win since RR would get killed after our flip and 3 days in a row we'd have mislynches and scum NKs. 6 dead townies out of 8 or 9? We'd be DONE.

So no, I don't see how you have approximately zero patience for this ****, because you aren't thinking clearly. If you can't see the difference between the end of D1 and RR's threat to kill 24 hours after the beginning of Day 2 starting then you dumb or scum along with him.

You're starting to make me assume a Kary/RR/pawn team is most likely. You were in my town list until toDay, Kary. Same as Xatres. Why are you all of the sudden playing like scum? You answer me. No more bullying everyone with your questions. Tell me why you are playing like scum today. Put YOURSELF out there and explain how you think RR is being rational and I'm being so contradictory. dumb or scum or back down.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
soup is responsible for soup's death
he had no reason to react that way to my suspicion. That was simply bad play. You and Kary trying to gain points because you were right on him is both silly and grimy.
It's not all on him.

I don't get why people do this in team based games, because if people **** up more than 1 person is usually at fault.

Top Bottom