• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia | GAME OVER: Not Equal To The Challenge

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also consider I just replaced. I'm trying to get in. Consider that I'm glad I finally get to post. I mean I took the time to do all that catchup stuff, and finally I come home from workout to do all this posting.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Also consider I just replaced. I'm trying to get in. Consider that I'm glad I finally get to post. I mean I took the time to do all that catchup stuff, and finally I come home from workout to do all this posting.
active doesn't equal town though ;)

no biggie

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Ah, can you quote where you had shown this?

Xastrn, ignoring post counts completely, is there anyone who stands out as suspicious to you?
Never blatantly stated it but i'm implying it here. He was trying to play a lot based on statistics and wasn't pushing on deductive reasoning but because I was fine with his slot I just wanted to see where his mind was at without the safety of all the numbers stuff.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
active doesn't equal town though ;)

no biggie
I know. Consider my activity will be in spurts (whenever I can), as I am now playing this game while in a different school, and I'm busy. I'm sure you all will see enough of me anyways.

Never blatantly stated it but i'm implying it here. He was trying to play a lot based on statistics and wasn't pushing on deductive reasoning
Red Underlined, you never actually stated this in your #629, I would think you would if you didn't like it the day before.
To me this just seems like you are trying to put a bus on him with one mechanics thing. I'm sure if you had a genuine scumread on him you would oppose him a bit more, yet instead you were asking his opinion and I think you agreed with him (his reads), no? Your first dislike was on FML, who Xastrn was also scumreading at the time.

Now seeing that you believe he is scum, what boat does that put Kantrip in for you and why?

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
You think xast and dabuz would be the same alignment ran? Your use of the word bud implies it

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Was actually re-reading him so i'll get back to you on that.

Anything at the top of your head would help me. Also since you are re-reading him, you can tell me the reason why you are doing so. (I mean, what prompted a re-read on Kantrip?)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
They are both my scumreads. Dabuz doesn't really do any hard pushes and he distances himself away from Xastrn (he said he didn't put a read out on him that opposed him), and yet turns around to do so today.

I am more confident on Dabuz than Xastrn.

You disagree?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Ah, can you quote where you had shown this?
@Ran, found this while looking at Pot, I was pretty sure I said it somewhere but couldn't find it >.< .

Fine with the slot. Posts too many walls for my personal taste but it provides content. Only thing i'm iffy about is that he seems pretty safe in his reads, reading his 245 and 272 it looks like he wants to push someone, but isn't going to commit to a push by himself. Might be wrong about that wrt 272 if he follows up the Pawn pressure.
This is #289 btw

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How was his claim grimy? I will give it to you though, he exploded when he needed to be calm, but, did you not think "This might be town soup being the usual emotional town soup?".

How DO you know? And why would that mean he is town for that?
It was self preservative. He didn't at all try and refute my case or ease my suspicion. He just outright claimed.

Because he proved it when he used his dragonstones. When I saw is overt crumbs I looked up odd rhythm and it's something that manakete's have. dragonstones are also the weapons of manaketes. You get?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Elaborate on this thought for me please.
I agree with his assessment of Soup regardless of him being right or wrong, Soup in turn was playing very passive, only when he got called out did he start to play like his normal self. He was hiding more in the background instead of going full in your face mode that I think Soup would take. Zen quoting from their interacting in the room made sense and I agreed with him that Soup wasn't playing like he normally would as town. Given his flip it makes more sense, but I don't think how Zen approached it was scummy.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
So you saw that Raz had shot soup, and that the attack had already been wasted...

and then you separated with soup, to stop anyone wasting their attack?

I already told you I don't need the points.
NO. You just asked me the opposite and I said precisely. It's really not that hard to understand? There were like 9 people on at the time **** storming. I come in see soup trying to draw an attack without actually being separated (the was my interpretation at the time) and so I immediately go to seperate before **** happens. Then I see Raz shot, and if you look I even pointed out that I thought he might have wasted it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Questions:

@Ryker, how's your read on Raz been progressing, and do you see what I'm saying wrt him?
@Zen, pair up with me. When it comes to who I want to pair up with, it's one of Zen/Ryu/Ryker, but only you are free now. You three are null to me.
@Ryu, what do you think of my reads? I want to talk with you too.
@Xastrn, can you please put out a full scum read list? It's hard to know where you stand with everything and all your posts. Thank you.
what are your reads?

FullMetalLynch

We would need to be paired to have him trade it to us which means you would need to seperate so we can pair and he can trade

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
dabuz' post on xastrn is interesting. But if Xastrn can trade falchion publicly that would disprove it.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
On Soup: While we were wrong about Soup being scum, we absolutely were not wrong about him not playing like a townie. His role as a townie with an unbreakable weapon that only he could use should have meant he'd be actively scumhunting and volunteering to hammer to preserve the number of weapons town had. Instead, he buried his head in the sand, refused to offer solid reads on anyone, and sat in a protective support role. He completely misplayed his assigned role, took heat, and basically gave up at the end.

It also didn't help that he didn't bother to understand the rules properly.

On Our Kill: My reasoning for hammering remains the same. Raz had already made it clear he was ready to hammer, and to me it looked like a bus. Ninja-ing was happening all over, so Zen completely missed my request not to separate. There was nothing to do after that but try to prevent a bus. I suspected that some scum may have items with unique abilities, a fact somewhat substantiated by the fact that a weapon like the Falchion exists.

In hindsight, it would have been better for me to simply ALL CAPS post telling no one to hammer, but in the heat of the moment, claiming the hammer from Raz seemed like the play. This is exactly the reason why we wanted those rules agreed on D1. While it may not have stopped soup from getting lynched by town in the end, it would have at least prevented the overwhelming embarrassment of how that Day ended.

On Claiming: We're more than happy to claim, although Zen has already done it for us. We're an "Odd Rhythm" character who can only make kills on odd numbered days. We breadcrumbed this extensively on Page 1, hoping our "Even Rhythm" counterpart would notice. The part of the claim we were going to use a test to see if someone claiming to be "Even Rhythm" was legitimate was the part about ending the day if you attack on the wrong day. As Zen pointed out, this would be terribly overpowered if given to scum. I think that alone makes Zen and us cleared as townies.

@Zen: Two questions: 1) Are you Nowi? and 2) If you are, we'd like to support you. I think you can understand why, given how our roles are designed to work together.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I'm not handing the Falchion to anyone who we don't have a firm town-read on. Right now the only person on that list is Zen, and I'm willing to bet he can't even use it. While I doubt the mod would create an unbreakable weapon that scum could use if they got their hands on it, I'm not going to take a risk on that being the case.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This is #289 btw
Aight. Did you follow through with that? That's what I'm wondering. You were a bit wishy washy there, just wondering if you stated any definite stance on them after that.

It was self preservative. He didn't at all try and refute my case or ease my suspicion. He just outright claimed.

Because he proved it when he used his dragonstones. When I saw is overt crumbs I looked up odd rhythm and it's something that manakete's have. dragonstones are also the weapons of manaketes. You get?

I mean the claim itself. Also did you answer the "Isn't it possible this was town emotional soup" in your mind? Just wondering what was in your head wrt that thought.

I know. Having two manaketes is broken though. I'll consider it though. I do think it's possible that one of the two of you may be scum in the case of odd/even though.

Ran do you get why it makes more sense for you to pair with me?

nope, you're a frickin manakete

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not handing the Falchion to anyone who we don't have a firm town-read on. Right now the only person on that list is Zen, and I'm willing to bet he can't even use it. While I doubt the mod would create an unbreakable weapon that scum could use if they got their hands on it, I'm not going to take a risk on that being the case.

What's your read on FML now, and since you are talking about it, you should talk about your directions that you want to go in now.

FullMetalLynch

You called me a strong town read yesterday didnt you?
Can give it to zen but he cant use it

Top Bottom