• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia - Game Over!!!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Kuz said:
Would agree actually, i thought his post about Ryker was a townie thing indeed, if i knew the actual number that would help but i hope you get the jist.

#HBC | ѕoup

sounds fair, i might look more into it besides a little skim, it seems like a fairly important event.

#HBC | ѕoup

Kuz said:
I also heavily dislike KevinM

/scumpicks.
I happen to like him, or at least i liked his stance about you and Ryker.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan

What's the purpose of posting this?

---

Read up to post #40. Not liking Gorf; several posts with no real content, even less any attempt of scumhunting. Just trying to give a fake impression of "collaboration" imo
I am so inclined to believe that this read is from skimming on who has what suspicion, and looking at who Ryker doesn't like, it's not even funny. Justify it in your own words and way.

#HBC | ѕoup

Imagine July being Lightning Mafia.
Now, I'm gonna say that looking at her interaction with you, she probably didn't incap you. Which means she incapped Hippie. Hippie is a ?-read for her.
However, fire incapped either her scum mate or a towny. Which is you.

How would she deal with her partner being incapped?
How would she talk about someone she KNOWS is town?

those are my questions and I think you can fit both of those roles right now.

Note that this is assuming July is scum.
I think you're looking far too into the incap situation, what do you think about the substance of Hippie v July?

#HBC | Gorf

Brosuke said:
Obviously there will be more interaction between July and Kuzi.

That said, the uncap is a consequence of:

1. Hippie feeling more town to me
2. If Kuz flips scum I'd have a pretty good feel for July being in the same team
3. If Kuz flips town... well ****.
This looks eerily similar to a game that I can't mention where people planned for the scumpick to flip scum and did all this shiz and he flipped town... I think you might remember what I'm talking about. What DOES happen upon a Kuz town flip?

#HBC | Gorf

Joey said:
I don't see any reasoning behind his KevinM vote, and it honestly just looks like a worthless OMGUS vote.

I was also confused as to why he chose Kuz, but after he explained that, it isn't bothering me anymore.

I didn't like his conversation with Kuz, either. I don't see any reason that a townie would out right lie about their stances in a TvS/TvT/SvS situation.

I'd post more, but I'm at a library and preferring to do other things than play mafia :p.
Not sure if serious. Not sure if dumb or scum. Bad post. @Kuz what do you get from Joey, help me out mang.

#HBC | ѕoup

I looked at July v. HSamurai, my opinion doesn't change much as i retract my TvT read, i see what actually reading stuff does, and i read the whole argument.

HSamurai, why are you so inclined to excuse your play so much? your apology and clarification meant nothing unless you meant to go with it.

I don't really like your push on July either, it insinuates a lot of points that can't be said with a lot of confidence.

#HBC | ѕoup

Gorf, your vote on Brosuke is pretty cool.

that's a serious thing btw i thought about voting him not too long ago leaning jerkus/HSamurai/brosuke as far as where my vote would go.

i can't say with confidence myself though, that i trust Kuz completely, he needs to do more and i await why his vote is on July.

@HSamurai: Do you agree with your incap partner's vote on July? who else is scum? read on Kuz?

also Gorf i've got a town-read on JO_OEY right now for the oddest reason...

#HBC | ѕoup

I suppose it's because a side of analytical and trying to understand the intent, but i admit if i were to take that away i would have a really open scum-read on Joey, his explanation wasn't that great regarding Kuz v. Ryker and he's yet to do anything solid.

#HBC | ѕoup

Scummy actually, you should refer to that big post of quotes i made.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
This is what you have in that big post of quotes.

soup said:
Circus said:
You. Both over Kuz or HipSam
Intredasting.jpg

I would say i wouldn't shoot either, right now both of them are just flopping egos and being cutthroat with every argument against each other, not once have i seen in this little fight one of them actually agree with a statement but just refute and re-direct it back.

ugly indeed, but what makes you lean Ryker at this point? too leading? too dramatic? talk to me bby.

#HBC | ѕoup

Kuzi are you sure you can't find the other quote?

lemme see if i can dig it up i certainly had it in there i just had a ****ty quote pattern

#HBC | ѕoup

So far, the only thing that could have informed the incap targets we're seeing toDay is player reputation. One scum team incap'd Kuz because they feel threatened by him, regardless of his alignment. The other scum team did the same to HipSam for the same reason. It doesn't matter if our interests and one scum team's interests temporarily overlap, as long as it nets us dead scum.

Is this a solid statement or just a mere guess because of the targets? does the Incap targets make you biased towards one side or the other? possibility of one being scum? both town?
found it.

cmon post the reply already ****ing stupid computer

#HBC | ѕoup

I was unsure of his point for the moment and didn't really understand why he said it, i wanted clarification as it raised some scummy eyebrows until he replies.

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: I think i understand it but i need more clarification.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Sworddancer here. I'm going to my sister's graduation tomorrow, and after that to a toruny the very next day, so I'm v/la until Sunday. Until then Gheb's gonna have to take over.

@Hip

Id be moreso against it if he didnt have content outside of the fact, and iirc, he mentioned that he didnt find any reason to comment, therefore not avoiding it, but verbalizing his lack of stance.
kk, this is understandable, and I can agree with this. As long as he comment on stuff that he has to comment on (like who's dying from incaps, which from skimming the thread I think he has?) he's good.

I don't believe I was avoiding comment on an issue as much as not seeing an issue with how Ryker was playing... he was posting to erractically to gain a solid read on anyone for me.

There's a problem with his playstyle inherent in the fact that I didn't see him needling for information as much as just trying to needle the players and create an illusion of being a wave of activity without creating a firm foothold for ME to be able to read a players stance.

FYI, when reading through and seeing someone just go if you had a bullet and had the chance to shoot ___ ____ or _____ it to me doesn't set off the scum hunt alarm as much as the I'm making sure my activity in the thread is sufficient, especially because it's such a subjective question and is usually already weighted in some way shape or form by the person asking it.

Do I think it could lead to RykerScum? Possibly, but for me it's hard to read because as much as he's been posting I haven't seen him have to many solid reads that I can find myself agreeing with, this could be because we have two mafia factions who could be playing two separate styles of play which is throwing me off but it also is because knowing their are two factions and 4 players Ryker posting about every player without going indepth on to many of his reads makes it hard for me to see where he's coming from.

This was longer then I had hoped but I guess people can see where I'm having difficulty getting through Ryker's playstyle and seeing it as more deficit then beneficial to town atm.
The thing is that I interpreted Ryker's way of questioning as protown due to how quickly he inserted himself to try produce content. I can see how one might interpret that as fake activity BECAUSE of how cut and dry his questioning is, but since we literally had pretty much nothing to go off at the time I thought that it was at least something. Agreed that him providing reads without going in depth into them makes makes him difficult to analysis, which is bothersome.

To me, Ryker started out strong, but that Gord stance bothers me because of how flimsy it is. Gheb believes currently right now that Ryker is either "right or scum" (slightly outdated stance, I need to ask him about it again). He'll have to go as a null for me for now.

---

Catching up with this game, one page at a time.

Hipster Samurai

Smash Rookie
Brosuke said:
Bad fake distancing to give the impression that he's trying to distance while he's actually just pretending to distance?
This looks like total WIFOM to me. I went back and reread the post that you were talking about, and I don't see it. What was it that made you think he's setting up fake distancing, and how is it not WIFOM?

Top Bottom