• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning Mafia - Game Over!!!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
<Commence thinking post>

Confirmed:
Circus = CompCop.

Gorf = Fire.
Kevin = Scum.

If Kuz is....

Okay. Here goes:

I'm mafia. Not only am I mafia, but I'm Fire mafia. Why do I reveal this? Cuz shiz I'm getting incapped cuz god knows Xonar isn't, might as well take somebody down from the other maf while I can. I am MUCH more in favor of town winning than the other mafia, and that's because I feel that if THEY win and I lose, then wtf man... Now, I revealed myself as Fire for another reason on top of that... Kuz is CONFIRM'D TOWN after this post. You ready? Fire mafia targeted Hipster N0, and Ice mafia targeted Kuz N0. So unless you want to believe that Kuz is my scummate, which none of you do because it's not true, he is CONFIRM'D TOWN.
This feels out of place. Why is Kuz confirmed Town....? What reason does this give us to exclude Gorf/Kuz? Lightning targetting Kuz doesn't make him Town, it makes him either Town or Fire. There was never a reason given to support this, it just kinda got glossed over. Gorf/Kuz as Fire would make.... Kevin/? Lightning, and clear Ryker.

Anyway, back to the case against Ryker. Kuz' case against Ryker absolutely holds merit, in that Ryker did what he needed to do in order to gain town points, and disappeared afterward. IT IS NOT A TOWN TELL THAT HE SCUM HUNTED AND PINNED SCUM. He caught me in the scum tell of hating on his scum hunting, he is absolutely correct, and after the game ends you can see where I s*** bricks when he said that. But after he (correctly) scumhunted, he faded into the coasting game, before AND after his V/LA. The fact of the matter is, he's done NOTHING this game except drill on me and Kuz. His suspicion of KevM is totally empty, and probably because it's an easy person to place suspicion on, with him being a popular scum candidate. And his lolread on Circus, the inactive? SHIZ, what the eff is that? His post have been nothing but tunneling me and Kuz, while using that to get by throughout all of the game. If you let him live through toDay, don't. LYNCH HIM.
All of this applies regardless of Ryker's alignment. Kuz comes up again.

As far as his scummate goes, I wouldn't be surprised if it were any of Circus, Raziek or even maybe even Xonar (but that's probz a reach), and I will make sure I use all of the time I have toDay to work with some of my town reads in order to get this through. BUT WE'RE LYNCHING RYKER.

Yea. Get mindf***ed.
All three of these players are Town.

1. th3kuzinator- I knew he was town when D1 started and I saw he was incap'd alongside Hipster. I mean unless he's on the other scum team and they're ballsy enough to incap one of their own, let alone KUZ (hint: they're not), then Kuz is obvtown to me, and he's been obvtown all game.
This comes up again. Fire incapped HipSam, Lightning Kuz. Means Kuz is not Lightning. Kuz could be fire with Gorf.

Claims to have incapped Brosuke.... which means Lightning incapped Gorf.

4. Ryker- I thought he was town. And when I saw him attack Kuz, I knew townKuz would bite back, so I decided to take the side that I KNEW was town, and call out Ryker's play, which was a mistake. So after he pleads his oh-so-tunneling case on me and Kuz, he fades into the abyss. Yes there ARE mobile phones wherever you went V/LA, Ryker, you did have opportunities to post and at least try to keep up in thread, so that's null and void. Actually, on December 7th, at 6:16, I voiced suspicion of Rykerscum to my partner in our QT, basically saying that he's yet to do much of anything. Which, in essence, is true. But I chose to keep a town read on him in thread in order to not look flailing and so I wouldn't have to get into that. But Kuz' case both helped my read, and helped me ease into Rykerscum. And then I claimed mafia in order to let the chains go and pioneer this Ryker lynch.
More "Me and Kuz". I hear that phrase far too much.
Let's think capping speculation (don't discount this as WIFOM people, I'm claimed mafia and have a fair understanding of the capping thought process): Let's assume Ryker's lightning for a second. He goes ahead and caps Kuz N0 because he is, easily, the biggest threat to scumRyker this game has to offer (except, now, me :troll:). And of course he expects the other scum team to have the same thought process. But NOPE! We cap Hipster and the game commences. Who does scumRyker go after? His cap choice. And somebody who is totes scum to him (me). His arrogance (we all know him so this is a valid argument) leads him to believe he can get the incap on Kuz, but alas, his V/LA leads that to no avail. His mind is set on me and Kuz being scum, correct? This IS Ryker after all. So he does the smart thing and caps the scummy that DIDN'T escape incapping yesterDay, me, and his arrogance probably leads him to believe he can uphold a Kuz lynch + a Gorf incapping toDay. Why? For total NK control, which is a topic me and my scummy discussed prior to toDay's starting.
Why would Ryker expect the other scumteam to Incap Kuz? This doesn't make sense. ESPECIALLY if Kuz is scum. If Gorf believes Ryker scum and is desperately pushing his lynch, it's to obtain NK control for HIS partner. Kevin and Ryker are not aligned. Kevin is scum. Kevin is not likely with Gorf. Therefore...

Gorf/Kuz and Kevin/? fits, clearing Ryker. This feels slightly odd. At this point, Cop was unclaimed... Pressing Ryker at this point does not eliminate Lightning for Gorf's team to have NK control, but it does eliminate a strong player.
5. JO_OEY J- Not gonna lie, didn't have much of a read on him when he was in the game. I was leaning town, but really he didn't do much and it was kinda apparent. And then J came into the game and was just obvtown to me, and knowing that J is a smart *** player (OOC: Dude take nothing I've ever said in the past personal, you're DAMN good at this game, and personally I think I've done some growing up during my DGames hiatus, and one of the things I'm going to stop doing is totally disregarding you as a player. As a person, you're a silly head ;), but you've def. had a shizton of respect from me as a player for a while. And don't forget it.), I knew he'd be a big help in lynching Ryker if he just saw it the same way I do. Oh, and if it wasn't obvious, I'm going to need to make sure you can take the Circus lynch toMorrow after I die.
This seems unnecessarily fluffy and out of place. Mental note of this in the event J is still alive in LyLo.

Gorf/J would make Kuz/Kevin.... not possible. Lightning incapped Kuz. J Town, unless Kuz Town, then J/Gorf is a possibility.

7. KevinM- I still don't see the argument against Kevscum. KevinM I saw as, like, TOTALLY dispensable and useless yesterDay, but I still don't see why scum would do some of the shiz that he did, like calling attention to some of the things he did (ex: his intro post. I'm still not sold on why a scummy would decide to bring that up as his intro post). But his play has been bad, and I'm fine saying that he may be scum with Ryker after Circus and Raziek. He's been doing a bit better toDay, but nothing to make me fight to keep em alive if you go through with a KevM lynch.
Gorf/Kev.....? No, that doesn't seem right. Implicating scummate with Townies attached to Ryker? Gorf/? with Kev/Kuz? Not possible, Kuz incapped by Lightning. Gorf/Kev.... Gorf/Kev..... possible. Will find out today regardless, would leave us hunting for only Lightning, clearing Kuz.
11. Circus- I was getting scum vibes from em when he was giving empty and generic stances, and when he was being lack luster, but I was feeling really weird calling em scum with Ryker cuz Ryker was voicing suspicion of em, but after I gave it some decent thought, his suspicion has been pretty empty, and there isn't much to back it up. His scum picks are me (claimed mafia), Kuz (confirmed town (to me)), KevM (the popular choice), and Circus which is kinda out of nowhere compared to KevM. And then I remembered: Ryker believes scummates are meant to be bussed :cool:
Further implies RykerTown to me.
12. Dark_Horse- He's dripping town from his sweat pores, and really has since the beginning of the game. Sure, he's been wrong about a fair amount of things, but it's nothing empty or scummy in the wrongness.
If Gorf has a partner that ISN'T Kuz or Kevin, it's Dark Horse...... maybe J.
13. Soupamario- Never been able to read em, if I had to go one way or the other I'd say town but idk ._.
Feeling a tiny bit better about Soup, but this isn't much.

Mulling over my thoughts.....

Gorf is Fire. I believe Kuz is his most likely partner.

Kevin is Lightning. This clears Ryker, making his partner Soup or Rajam.

If Gorf and Kevin are both fire, which we find out today.... would clear Kuz. Making Lightning likely to be Ryker/Soup/Rajam.

This is gonna look a bit messy, but it's all thought process as it goes.

Gorf and Kevin die today, that will give us a LOT of information.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Lynching Kevin and letting Gorf die gives us Two Scum, and clears either Ryker or Kuz. This is very good.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Which we'd find out, and wouldn't change much, and it's Lightning, you dummy.

We'd still get two scum.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Whatever, Mafia #2. Lightening doesn't make sense as a flavor anyway. Fire and Ice was Fire and Ice for a reason.

We would, but no one is drawing assumptions based on that. It would mean that Gorf's team incapped Kuz which would mean they aren't aligned. That ****s with me. What would that do about your reads?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
If Gorf is Lightning....

That causes me to lean towards Gorf/Kev by removing Kuz as the most likely partner.

One whole scumteam would die. That would make some more sense with Gorf rushing your lynch to try to save Kevin, but it doesn't change that I already thought Gorf/Kev was possible.

What that does is..... Open up a whole new can of worms on who could be fire. Could be anyone at that point, I suppose. There's nobody besides myself that I could complete exclude from Fire and makes the game a lot more complicated.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Do I believe he thinks it? Yes......ish. He could also just be trying to drag you down as a strong Townie, which would make sense if his partner is Kuz and they are Fire.

Do I believe he's right? Not necessarily.

You *******s made me waste like an hour of Skyrim time. Going to shower, back later.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Actually, open question to everyone not named Gorf, KevinM, or Kuz.

Which pairing is more likely, and why?

Gorf/Kevin or Gorf/Kuz?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Actually, open question to everyone not named Gorf, KevinM, or Kuz.

Which pairing is more likely, and why?

Gorf/Kevin or Gorf/Kuz?
Mhm... Bringing it up, I can definitely see Gorf/Kuz (even though the pairing can go either way). The constant "he is a cleared townie" is definitely suspicious, to say the least.
As a (small) plus, there were my slightly nagging feelings regarding Kuz D1.

Unvote KeviM
He's at L-2 now. If he is partnered with Gorf, they can both go in and selfhammer. Consider my vote on KeviM though.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
What no one seems to take into account is that Gord could very well be lying Ice Mafia.
And why would he do that? He claimed mafia, and he's getting incap'd if he were to die and flip lightning mafia, the lie would fail.

Come on ryker, this post reads like a rushed theory to stop town assertiveness

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Mhm... Bringing it up, I can definitely see Gorf/Kuz (even though the pairing can go either way). The constant "he is a cleared townie" is definitely suspicious, to say the least.
As a (small) plus, there were my slightly nagging feelings regarding Kuz D1.

Unvote KeviM
He's at L-2 now. If he is partnered with Gorf, they can both go in and selfhammer. Consider my vote on KeviM though.
Props to you for making me play this game. Are you more satisfied now that you've made me think?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm satisfied because you made me think.

I'm glad I latched on to you. Still not sure of your alignment though, as it currently stands I'm leaning town.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Son, you think Kevin is Town. I don't even HAVE to defend myself from that amount of *******ery.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Now that I think of it, is it worth our while for Circus to compare Ryker and I in the event he should survive? That gets you either two clears or an entire scumteam.

If Kevin and Gorf flip opposite alignments it gets us Two clears for sure if Ryker is Town.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Now that I think of it, is it worth our while for Circus to compare Ryker and I in the event he should survive? That gets you either two clears or an entire scumteam.

If Kevin and Gorf flip opposite alignments it gets us Two clears for sure if Ryker is Town.
Agreed with this.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Son, you think Kevin is Town. I don't even HAVE to defend myself from that amount of *******ery.
Yes, I do. It's mostly a gut read brought on by the amount of, in lack of a better term, swag of hist posts, which I separate him from scum. He's not being overly cautious at all, which I think is the opposite of scum.

What I'm a ton certain on, however, is you and ryker being scum. Ryker, though he was trying to take control of town early D1, then he soon vanished for practically the whole day. In addition, his current posts, such as his "what if gorf is lying Ice" don't help.

Though I will give you credit for you "what is more likley, kuz/gorf or kevin/gorf?" There's not much other things you've done right. You were mostly inactive for D1. When you came in, you hardly explained most of your reads. Even early today, you were doing things such as asking questions that could be answered easily, and just having posts containing things like "Interesting..."

Then there's your connections with ryker. Oh god.

You have been mentioning yourself and ryker far more times than gorf has with kuz. You first call ryker town by claiming things such as "he's not scum unless he needs to be" It are things like these that make me really think you are scum with ryker.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Zonie, tell him how wrong he is, because he obviously won't listen to his scumpick he's certain on.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
If kevinM flips lightning mafia, then ryker/raziek should be compared, as that would mean that they are either both town, or 1 scum and one town. If kevinM flips fire, then one of them should be copped with a townie person, to show whether they are or they aren't scumbudds. If kevinM flips town, then circus can go ahead and do something like compare Kuz and Gorf to see if gorf was trying to fakeclear kuz or not.

Raziek, you have yet to defend yourself. At all.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Let me make myself very clear. I'm not going to, because we're lynching KevinM today, and your suspicion of us as a scumteam is baseless.

You clear Kevin on GUT, then incriminate Ryker and I as a scumteam based on how I traditionally treat Ryker? What makes Ryker's absence any worse than Rajam's or Soup's, for example?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Zonie, tell him how wrong he is, because he obviously won't listen to his scumpick he's certain on.
He's just being really thoughtless. He's being thoughtful but he's forgetting important things.

Like forgetting that Gorf is basically dead already in his post above mine.

We'll just let the flip speak for itself. I'm really confident on KeviM scum and looking back at D1 I'm also confident in KeviM/Gorf.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Dork Horse. You need to stop. You're getting hung up on old things and are reading the game to make it come out how you want. That, or maybe you're not reading the game. You haven't contributed ANYTHING to the current discussion post Gord's reveal.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Let me make myself very clear. I'm not going to, because we're lynching KevinM today, and your suspicion of us as a scumteam is baseless.

You clear Kevin on GUT, then incriminate Ryker and I as a scumteam based on how I traditionally treat Ryker? What makes Ryker's absence any worse than Rajam's or Soup's, for example?
You're nitpicking

I never flat out cleared kevinM on gut, I just said that it makes me lean town for him. It's not my main point. I've also attacked you and ryker for more reasons than just interactions.

Ryker's absence is worse because his play there seem to read like scum trying to establish imself as town, and then lurk away. Soup I've raised suspicion for, didn't do that same thing (He just cam in, and started catching up, and at least seems to stay here)

Despite my somewhat lean on KevinM, I still think he's a good lynch (You better not stop reading here). Regardless of his alignment, he nets us dead scum, and can even semi-clear some people. The reason i'm not voting him is, IIRC, he's at l-2, and scum could hammer and end the day early.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay, Dork Horse, you win. Let's have a conversation. You and me. You'll have to slow down your obviously superior intellect though as there's some things that I haven't gotten just yet.

First, just what did I do that read like scum trying to establish myself as town and is that scummy regardless of lurking away?

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Okay, Dork Horse, you win. Let's have a conversation. You and me. You'll have to slow down your obviously superior intellect though as there's some things that I haven't gotten just yet.

First, just what did I do that read like scum trying to establish myself as town and is that scummy regardless of lurking away?
You had been adding discussion and the like, yet you had also been saying things about how "kevinM should die" because he doesn't agree with you, which shows you trying to establish yourself as leader. However, then you just fade away. This scenario means that you could lurk, and if anyone were to question your alignment, people could just mention your posts.

Also, if you think I am hung up on old stuff, why are you dealing with this?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Okay? So, that means that the two things are dependent on one another, correct? One is not scummy without the other?

Because you're hung up on it and I'm not sticking anyone with you. Past that, if you stay caught up on it then you're painfully easy to mislynch.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I like Raz now as town. especially when compared to Soupa/Rajam/Kuzi's slot/Ryker.

Raz+Ryker investigation seems like it'll yield good results but I'm thinking maybe Ryker+Kuzi or Soupa to get a better read out of those slots that's a bit more concrete.

To answer your question Raz, I see more Gord/Kuzi however I could still see Kuzi with Kevin even moreso.

DH is confusing me.

:phone:

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Because you're hung up on it and I'm not sticking anyone with you. Past that, if you stay caught up on it then you're painfully easy to mislynch.
This paragraph sounds more like it is from a scum PoV especially the way he refers to DH as a ML instead of a normal lynch like he knows he is town for a fact.

Don't care for the wording of the attack.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
This paragraph sounds more like it is from a scum PoV especially the way he refers to DH as a ML instead of a normal lynch like he knows he is town for a fact.

Don't care for the wording of the attack.

Or, you know, I could think he's town.

Top Bottom